The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NXT fantasy hires

+4
Dr Gregory House MD
Dr Shoe
Samo
Prometheus
8 posters

Go down

NXT fantasy hires Empty NXT fantasy hires

Post by Prometheus Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:36 am

Okay so I played this game briefly with Marky in the news thread on the back of the speculation that Jimmy Havoc might be going to NXT. And we came up with:
- Zack Sabre Jr
- Will Ospreay
- Tommy End
- Ricochet

But if you were William Regal and HHH and you could hire who you like, who would you add to the NXT roster?
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

NXT fantasy hires Empty Re: NXT fantasy hires

Post by Samo Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:40 am

Okada and Nakamura are two Japanese names that spring to mind.

More close to home Im thinking guys like ECIII and the Young Bucks.

Even closer to home - Drew Galloway would be right at home back in WWE because he has improved so much since he was able to reinvent himself.

And Grado.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Shoe Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:46 am

ECIII has improved so much. He really understands the art of the promo, both backstage and in ring.

Scott Steiner would be a great pick up.

Dr Shoe
Dr Shoe
Dr Shoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:56 am

Mitsuharu Misawa, Johnny Saint and Chris Benoit

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed 09 Sep 2015, 12:00 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:Mitsuharu Misawa, Johnny Saint and Chris Benoit

I think Johnny Saint may have wrestled the other day in some kind of legends match.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 09 Sep 2015, 12:10 pm

I think WWE think they have too many high flyers but Ricochet and Osprey are a clear step above anyone they have bar Neville

While I think a lot of the Japanese talents are amazing I don't think WWE is the ideal environment for them to thrive, one guy I'd like to see is Arkira Tozawa, the guy is just dripping charisma and can work comedy and baby face, plus I can't watch Dragon Gate anymore so Frak then

I know it's already been talked about but I'd love to see Nikki Storm get her shot, she's a phenomenal talent and would go in for me as the most well rounded female on the roster behind Sasha

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 09 Sep 2015, 12:14 pm

Oh and Adam Cole is born to go to WWE at some stage

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed 09 Sep 2015, 12:18 pm

That was definitely the reason given for not taking Ricochet last time round, too many of a similar style.  I seem to remember reading that Joey Styles was really pushing for him.

What I'd say in defence of re-visiting that is that if NXT is built as its own brand then I think it now lacks that type (if we want to put Zayn in there too) and adding ZSJ / Ospreay / Ricochet would IMO work.  Although there would be a huge question of what type of contract Ricochet would work for, I definitely have a little bit of trouble with him thinking himself developmental Very Happy

What do you think of Candice LaRae.  The stories are that she was going to be the GFW women's champ, but no-showed when a better offer presented itself.

EDIT: Joey Styles, a decision maker in NXT. Oooops. Jamie Noble would be a better name for me to write.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed 09 Sep 2015, 12:23 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:Oh and Adam Cole is born to go to WWE at some stage

I'd say that's a bullseye.

If they hired Pentagon Jr., I'd pay for my next 10 years network subscription upfront right now.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 09 Sep 2015, 12:33 pm

I know it seems the obvious answer, but I'd love to see Austin Aries get a shot in NXT.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed 09 Sep 2015, 12:37 pm

Obvious answers are also good. I think he'd slot into NXT like a glove.

For example, I look around NXT right now and ask the question "who is Finn Balor going to work with?". Or more to the point "who's going to take Balor to the 5* matches he should be doing?"

Because I don't think that is Tyler Breeze or Baron Corbin. It might potentially be Joe, it could be Itami on his return, but I don't personally see that many more options right now and I think he'd do a really good program with Aries.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 09 Sep 2015, 12:37 pm

I don't know what Candice is playing at tbh, apparently Joey has washed his hands of her in terms of taking WCTT bookings, I'd have to think she's either got her eyes on WWE or she's lost a bit of passion for wrestling

Another theory I've heard is that she's quite well known for her inter gender work and that is something WWE largely frowns upon so maybe she's trying to duck out of those bookings to keep interest in her alive

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed 09 Sep 2015, 12:42 pm

Yes seems a few promoters are done with her. Which is very much putting all her eggs in one basket, and I think you reach that logical conclusion that either she's got the firm offer, or she's backing out of the business.

The intergender stuff. I know why WWE doesn't go there, you get 2 years down the line and someone is arrested for domestic abuse and a match can be shown where they are hitting someone of the opposite sex, I guess that doesn't look good.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed 09 Sep 2015, 1:03 pm

Samo wrote:Okada and Nakamura are two Japanese names that spring to mind.
I know this is an NXT thread, but if Nakamura were available he should be dropped straight into WWE. He can do for the Intercontinental title what he has done for the same title in New Japan.

Do I think it will happen? No. But of any New Japan stars I think Nakamura would be the one most likely to make the leap. He's got natural charisma that means he doesn't have to talk (and I think he has some English). He understands things that WWE value, like ring entrances and a look. He's probably the most known of all the Japanese wrestlers.

And, I think his position in New Japan is unclear. Undoubtedly he's at the top. We can see that from his 5* matches and his G1 result. But, he's also in a position where he is so over and such a draw that New Japan don't need to do that much with him. They don't need to give him a title run. They don't need to put a strap on him. He's in that SCSA or Rock position where they are bigger than the belts and titles. So, who knows, he might fancy a change and a run with a different belt and coming out to 80,000 people at the next Wrestle Mania.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 09 Sep 2015, 1:05 pm

The Young Bucks and The Briscoes. Maybe not right now, but in a few months they need to make sure they are still making use of their tag talent. 

I like ACH, Elgin would be interesting. Likes of Aries, Kenny King and anyone who has been in TNA need to be considered on value to NXT for a short period. 

They'd definitely get some buzz giving Shelton Benjamin a run down there too.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed 09 Sep 2015, 1:09 pm

Did you see any of Elgin's matches in G1 Dolph?
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 09 Sep 2015, 1:12 pm

Still haven't had the time to get to any of it, think I'll struggle now. Elgin is based on age and knowing I liked him once, although that could be years ago now.  

I am surprised NXT haven't tried to hoover up any English talent, really. This way they got to shape them and I think not being able to do that has put them off in the past. 

Saying all this, Jack Swagger would be a dream. Sort him out properly and use him. An awakening of character for Fandango would be grand too.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed 09 Sep 2015, 1:17 pm

He got some really, really good reactions from the audience as an unknown and some excellent reviews. I'd not be at all surprised to see him back there very soon. I'm sure that House would agree that his match against Ishii on night 14 is worth a watch alone.

I actually thought of Fandango. Then I Googled him and found out he's 34. I was expecting him to be late 20s and you could put a new gimmick on him, because I think he's sound and I still think he'd make a great tag.

Swagger is monstrously underused as a monster. We know he's rubbish on the mic, but he can do a job.

So speaking of underused WWE talent. Sandow? Is NXT and the smark fan a level where he could really work?
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Wed 09 Sep 2015, 10:03 pm

Bobby Roode from 2/3 Years ago would have been phenomenal! I just can't quite put my finger on it but he could have become a real old-school heel.

Adam Cole - Although I guess WWE would have to wait out his ROH contract now.
Ricochet - If Lucha Underground is really done, I'm sure WWE would be able to buy out his contract.
Juicy Product (David Starr & JT Dunn) - David Starr is actually starting to make a real-name for himself as a singles star in promotions such as Beyond.
Zack Sabre Jr - Phenomenal Year.
Will Ospreay
Fénix - He could very well be the Lucha that WWE have been screaming out for...
King Cuerno - I can't quite remember that last time any American promotion had a real masked lucha.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Thu 10 Sep 2015, 9:00 am

My list:

Adam Cole/Ricochet - Just like everyone else has said, they just seem destined to be part of NXT and WWE one day so I won't go in to to much.

Tommy End/Michael Elgin - I'd bring these two in and team them with another two tough guys (would have said Ciampa but he's already made the leap and Hero but he clearly isn't getting in to shape any time soon) and have them as the sort of no nonsense modern day Radicals sort of act.

Trevor Lee (way down the line) - I'm a big fan of Lee and think that he'd be great for WWE/NXT despite not quite looking like a typical star.

Anyone know what deal Ciampa and Gargano have? They have their own names still but their booked for more NXT...will they be changing names or is this a trial of sorts?

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu 10 Sep 2015, 9:54 am

I think Ciampa is an interesting one as it could be considered double-dipping by WWE, i.e. he was in developmental before and it is unusual for WWE to go back. I have no idea what kind of deal he and Gargano are on, but I could well believe it is more along the Rhyno type deal where they sign for a while than a full deal.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down