The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+14
Dr Shoe
nadeem2099
Union Cane
Hero
superflyweight
Pal Joey
rIck_dAgless
Galted
Hibbz
Adam D
ShahenshahG
Dolphin Ziggler
Rowley
Mind the windows Tino.
18 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Alistair Wed 09 Sep 2015, 3:00 pm

Rowley wrote:Why yes, Alistair, upon reflection I do believe i have been somewhat ignorant and uneducated in my stance on JFK and it is possible there was more than one shooter.

Thanks.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 09 Sep 2015, 3:00 pm

Poor thread split post.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by seanmichaels Wed 09 Sep 2015, 3:01 pm

no one has the odd one out yet

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed 09 Sep 2015, 3:02 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Poor thread split post.

Worth it for me.

And it may well have been Roll With It, i saw something flash up regarding an NME front cover.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 09 Sep 2015, 3:03 pm

I've got to say Jeff, your Tw*tter feed is riveting stuff.

I can see why you joined up in your 40's. Where would we be with those observations.

Fascinating. Almost worth joining up myself so as not to miss your next musings.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 09 Sep 2015, 3:12 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

My training has topped out just before 12 miles too. Thankfully there's a few decent slopes, including one proper hill getting out of Crouch End in North London (Crouch Hill, to be precise, lol) so am hoping the notoriously hilly Great North Run won't kill me, but am just budgeting for a 20-30 sec/km drop in overall pace.

WTF F*ck?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 09 Sep 2015, 3:14 pm

Feel free to join up Tina, it has really brought me and Dolphin closer together. You don't have to post a photo, so can retain your online anonymity.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 09 Sep 2015, 3:15 pm

It was indeed Roll With it Jules.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 09 Sep 2015, 3:16 pm

Rowley wrote:Feel free to join up Tina, it has really brought me and Dolphin closer together. You don't have to post a photo, so can retain your online anonymity.

Nothing interesting to say, Jeff. Unlike you.

I'm not that interested in getting closer to Dolphin either.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 09 Sep 2015, 3:17 pm

You should make more of an effort. Dolphin does not even post on there about wrestling which is obviously a huge relief.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 09 Sep 2015, 3:18 pm

I am terribly bored today but this has brightened things up

[quote]Eyewitness Eyewitness Reggie Bugmuncher said she was waiting at a gate for her flight when she heard people saying: "Oh, my God."

She said looked out the window and could see "bursts of flames coming out of the middle of the plane", the Associated Press news agency reports.

"Everyone ran to the windows and people were standing on their chairs, looking out, holding their breath with their hands over their mouths,'' Ms Bugmuncher said.
[/spoiler]

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 09 Sep 2015, 3:28 pm

You're easily pleased if a vaguely amusing name can cheer you up Sean.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 09 Sep 2015, 3:30 pm

Brilliant.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 09 Sep 2015, 3:33 pm

Yorkshire back to back championships. Time for that tattoo....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 09 Sep 2015, 3:35 pm

Now that is information sufficient to cheer you up Sean. Good team at the minute under Gillespie, who is in danger of being made an honourary Yorkshireman at this rate.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed 09 Sep 2015, 3:36 pm

Still wouldn't be good enough for the England job.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 09 Sep 2015, 3:38 pm

He also wrote a column in the Guardian about how Stokes was obviously out and that Morgan, not Smith, should be questioned on his attitude to the spirit of the game. You can retire an Aussie but you can never stop them being a c*** in the media.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 09 Sep 2015, 3:39 pm

I think Stokes was out. He is that type of player and knew exactly what he was doing.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 09 Sep 2015, 3:42 pm

I have not seen the incident in question but do generally believe on the back of the Broad non walking issue in the ashes a few years ago we lost the right to lecture anybody about the spirit of cricket for quite some years.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed 09 Sep 2015, 3:43 pm

So he's basically becoming an Aussie version of Boycott.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 09 Sep 2015, 3:44 pm

People say stokes wouldn't have time to react. A month or so ago he took one of the best reaction catches of all time.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed 09 Sep 2015, 3:44 pm

Rowley wrote:I have not seen the incident in question but do generally believe on the back of the Broad non walking issue in the ashes a few years ago we lost the right to lecture anybody about the spirit of cricket for quite some years.

We've had the Jos Buttler incident since then.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 09 Sep 2015, 3:44 pm

Alistair wrote:So he's basically becoming an Aussie version of Boycott.

I have a photo of Geoff and I talking outside the Oval. I was leathered.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 09 Sep 2015, 3:48 pm

This spirit of cricket thing makes me laugh, when a decision goes against a team everyone produces it like some get out of jail free card, when the decision goes in your favour you're well within your rights to abide by the decision of the umpires.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 09 Sep 2015, 3:48 pm

I can't stand Aussie cricketers. Or any Aussie sportsmen.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 09 Sep 2015, 3:50 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I can't stand Aussie cricketers. Or any Aussie sportsmen.

I love Aussie cricketers. Good blokes in real life.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 09 Sep 2015, 3:52 pm

seanmichaels wrote:People say stokes wouldn't have time to react. A month or so ago he took one of the best reaction catches of all time.

I thought the point was, once the on field umpires go to the 3rd umpire then he has to be 100% certain that Stokes was trying to stop the ball hitting the stumps?

If he isn't even looking at the ball, how can the 3rd ump be 100% certain?

I agree that Stokes knew what he was doing, but within the framework of the laws, he shouldn't have been given out. The law is an ass but there for a reason.

Unless I have completely misunderstood the ruling, of course.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 09 Sep 2015, 3:52 pm

As do I sean, they play the game to win, as you should, but generally at cricket are pretty sporting when they lose. Am sure they have some bell ends, but what country or sporting team doesn't.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 09 Sep 2015, 3:52 pm

Actually, played against one on Saturday who was a bit of a nob. Good player and good looking bloke but loved himself. When he was out I was quite pleased with 'F*ck off Zoolander'. One of my better efforts over the years.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 09 Sep 2015, 3:54 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Actually, played against one on Saturday who was a bit of a nob. Good player and good looking bloke but loved himself. When he was out I was quite pleased with 'F*ck off Zoolander'. One of my better efforts over the years.

Wildean wit from you there Sean.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 09 Sep 2015, 3:58 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

I thought the point was, once the on field umpires go to the 3rd umpire then he has to be 100% certain that Stokes was trying to stop the ball hitting the stumps?

I equate it to football. Great players have a sense of people around them. Scholes had the ability to pick out a pass without necessarily looking at the player he was passing to. In that split second, Stokes saw the trajectory and did not have to look after that point to stop it.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 09 Sep 2015, 3:59 pm

Rowley wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Actually, played against one on Saturday who was a bit of a nob. Good player and good looking bloke but loved himself. When he was out I was quite pleased with 'F*ck off Zoolander'. One of my better efforts over the years.

Wildean wit from you there Sean.

Their other batsmen pi55ed himself.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed 09 Sep 2015, 3:59 pm

Stokes has acted like a bit of a d*ck by sticking his hand but even some of the Aussie players were embarrassed by Smith's actions.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 09 Sep 2015, 4:03 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

I equate it to football. Great players have a sense of people around them. Scholes had the ability to pick out a pass without necessarily looking at the player he was passing to. In that split second, Stokes saw the trajectory and did not have to look after that point to stop it.

But you're avoiding the issue. You may well be right but how can the 3rd umpire assume that? If it was Monty Panesar batting who was a terrible catcher/fielder, does he get the same treatment as Stokes? Does the 3rd ump assume that Monty knew what he was doing even though he could barely stop a medicine ball?

He needs to make a decision within the framework of the law. In this case, he clearly didn't. He speculated.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 09 Sep 2015, 4:08 pm

He bottled it. Poopie decision.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed 09 Sep 2015, 4:09 pm

I thought the whole purpose of referring to the Third Umpire was because they couldn't make a clear and concise decision in real time? Seeing it in slow motion made it obvious that Stokes had done it intentionally.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 09 Sep 2015, 4:11 pm

Think his hand didn't deviate sharply enough for it to be deliberate. It just followed the motion of his body as he threw himself back to the crease.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 09 Sep 2015, 4:11 pm

The reaction is very different too. Focused on a delivery in the slip or gully etc is different to some dick with a s*** moustache chucking a ball at you from close range. 

I like competitive players who chill out once the game finishes. McGrath was always a twit who couldn't just be a gent once the game finished. I do like Brett Lee, was never as antagonistic as some of them. He's the type who'd do play hard to win but buy you a beer after. What did for footballers like Keane in the end, couldn't separate sport and life in his head.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 09 Sep 2015, 4:12 pm

Having just watched it I am with Tina. I think Stokes knows what he is doing, but if the letter of the law is the umpire has to be 100% certain I am not sure how he can be given out. How can anyone be certain over something like that?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed 09 Sep 2015, 4:13 pm

Starc has a moustache now?

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 09 Sep 2015, 4:26 pm

Rowley wrote:Having just watched it I am with Tina. I think Stokes knows what he is doing, but if the letter of the law is the umpire has to be 100% certain I am not sure how he can be given out. How can anyone be certain over something like that?

Slow Motion or real time?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 09 Sep 2015, 4:33 pm

Plus Stokes is a ginger so should be given a bit more leeway.

Just as we do for Superfly.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 09 Sep 2015, 4:35 pm

You are all outside my top 8 following this conversation. Except Jules. He is in permanent marker at the top.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 09 Sep 2015, 4:37 pm

Adam D wrote:You are all outside my top 8 following this conversation. Except Jules. He is in permanent marker at the top.

Would you like to talk about Andre the Giant or the Ultimate Warrior?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed 09 Sep 2015, 4:37 pm

Adam D wrote:You are all outside my top 8 following this conversation. Except Jules. He is in permanent marker at the top.

You're generally only above Raf in most peoples rankings, Adam, so it might not affect people hearing that.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 09 Sep 2015, 4:39 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Plus Stokes is a ginger so should be given a bit more leeway.

Just as we do for Superfly.

Disillusion, Contempt and Resignation are not the same as leeway

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 09 Sep 2015, 4:40 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
Rowley wrote:Having just watched it I am with Tina. I think Stokes knows what he is doing, but if the letter of the law is the umpire has to be 100% certain I am not sure how he can be given out. How can anyone be certain over something like that?

Slow Motion or real time?

Both Shah, got to concede it does look worse in slow motion, which the third umpire would obviously have the benefit of, but still not enough to say 100% that he meant it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 09 Sep 2015, 4:41 pm

Alistair wrote:

You're generally only above Raf in most peoples rankings, Adam, so it might not affect people hearing that.

Excellent work, Alistair.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 09 Sep 2015, 4:41 pm

No, I don't think he meant it at all

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 09 Sep 2015, 4:44 pm

Alistair wrote:

Excellent work, Alistair.

He is making a strong bid to move up the table, he has shown an interest in second world war literature and insulted Adam in the same day. Solid stuff.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next