The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+27
pedro
westisbest
McLaren
puligny
kwinigolfer
SmithersJones
Eyetoldyouso
BlueCoverman
MontysMerkin
Mad for Chelsea
lorus59
Bob_the_Job
Dolphin Ziggler
Davie
Be_the_ball
1GrumpyGolfer
hend085
JAS
GunsGerms
beninho
golfermartin
Roller_Coaster
I'm never wrong
incontinentia
raycastleunited
MustPuttBetter
super_realist
31 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

It's more the leaving it to the last minute which is nonsense. It is appalling business practice for the buyer to do this, as the seller knows they can keep the price high.

What is the point in the window being open for two months if nothing gets done until the last day? Just make it a day long, the opposite of a DFS sale.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by pedro Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:26 am

Klopp is perfect. After Suarez left they haven't had decent bite.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:55 pm

I'm no Liverpool fan but I do think the appointment of klopp is the most exciting thing happen in the premier league for ages.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:34 am

'The Normal One' is a scoop. So delightful to see a EPL personality not up his own behind. Also think him and Stenson would be a fabulous comic act.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:40 am

So it seems from over here like the race for the republican nomination is a sprint to the bottom. Carson trying to out-d1ckhe@d Trump with holocaust comments.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:48 am

Don't worry Smithers, plenty of candidates to outdo Carson and Drumf - though Carson's just nailed the hat-trick with the Holocaust nonsensity following confusion of Budget & Debt, and his assertion that the victims in the Oregon classroom shooting only had themselves to blame because they didn't rush the gunman, making themselves martyrs for the NRA.
Pretty difficult to top them, but you know that someone will.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:28 pm

People always say it's an unfair stereotype to call Americans stupid. Seems like they actually might be. To even have people like that in a race in the first place, speaks volumes.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Be_the_ball Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:19 pm

super_realist wrote:People always say it's an unfair stereotype to call Americans stupid. Seems like they actually might be. To even have people like that in a race in the first place, speaks volumes.

Jesus Super you can be so miserable sometimes, it can't be healthy. You were a breath of fresh air when you were at The Open earlier in the year, your enthusiasm and enjoyment really shone through. When you focus on the things you love you are a different person. It really suited you.

Be_the_ball

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:43 am

It's beyond unfortunate that the true idiots here (US) are not repudiated, either by other Americans or by World leaders.

Needless to say the anti-gun control yahoos were out in force in Oregon when President Obama visited the venue of last week's latest Community College massacre - gun purchases were up, sympathy for sensible gun control measures ridiculed. Common sense is being drowned out by the mantra of the statistically small minority.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:01 am

I hope Rory didn't let this oaf use his driver picard
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:45 am

Kwini,
It's Oregun.

Inco,
I'm waiting for supers reaction, but in anticipation it can probably be explained by the distinctive Irish trait of having the eyes too close together.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:50 am

incontinentia wrote:

I hope Rory didn't let this oaf use his driver picard

Ha ha, stick to rugby Fitz.

Good man.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:26 am

The waggles had me fooled! I thought he was gonna nail it. His eyes being so close together should give him superb depth perception though, there's just no excuse for that.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:39 pm

incontinentia wrote:The waggles had me fooled! I thought he was gonna nail it. His eyes being so close together should give him superb depth perception though, there's just no excuse for that.
Alas, I think having eyes too close together would yield worse depth perception than normal so maybe that was the reason? Run
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:07 am

Eyes too close together. Therefore having terrible depth perception. These Irish golfers who have won so many recent majors must be even more talented than we thought considering their physical disabilities.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:07 am

Hey, nothing else to do in Ireland than playing golf and getting hammered.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:45 am

Sounds good to be, well the getting hammered part.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:35 pm

I think super should do a forfeit if Ireland win the rugby world cup. All those in favour?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:40 pm

No chance of that happening. So I'll do it. Even though I've an Oirish heritage and an Oirish forename.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:52 pm

Great! Shall we say a week of praise for Irish society and culture, to include admiration of our ocular traits, diet, history and sporting prowess?

I'm intrigued as to your name super, could you be a Michael or a Patrick?

incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by golfermartin Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:55 pm

I've got Ireland in the sweep at work and they look like being the only northern hemisphere team in the semis!

golfermartin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:28 am

Super are you called Padraig?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:43 am

incontinentia wrote:Great! Shall we say a week of praise for Irish society and culture, to include admiration of our ocular traits, diet, history and sporting prowess?

I'm intrigued as to your name super, could you be a Michael or a Patrick?

Is Michael an Oirish name?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:48 am

Well Irish jokes are usually about Paddy and Mick...

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:55 am

super_realist wrote:No chance of that happening. So I'll do it. Even though I've an Oirish heritage and an Oirish forename.

I don't think Tw@t is specifically Irish Run

I'm thinking he's more of a Liam or Sean.

Also, I think "No chance" is a bit strong, but definitely not likely.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:55 am

McLaren wrote:Super are you called Padraig?
laughing

Tadgh?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:56 am

Most popular Irish names 2014.

http://irishpost.co.uk/the-top-200-most-popular-baby-names-in-ireland-in-2014/

PS my name is on the list so I guess I am also Oirish.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:28 am

McLaren wrote:Most popular Irish names 2014.

Better check again

to be sure

drumroll

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:08 am

McLaren wrote:Most popular Irish names 2014.

So super could be called Muhammad?

What decade is your name in Mac? Mine's in the 120's

How about you super?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:28 am

It is in the group on 112. Changed by deed pole from Tiger. Wink
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:46 am

Mac you're name is Oisin? Like the sauce you have with duck??

Inco - I've always thought of you as a Reuben
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:42 am

McLaren wrote:It is in the group on 112.  Changed by deed pole from Tiger.  Wink
112?

Rory McLaroy?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:48 am

Had to laugh at some of those names.

Just imagine a ginger headed bog trotter called Muhammed O Leary.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:02 am

super_realist wrote: imagine a ginger headed bog trotter called Muhammed O Leary.
super, 50 years from now you won't be laughing.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:55 am

No I won't, I'll be dead.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:40 pm

Went to a Museum exhibit yesterday and saw references to Juan O'Gorman and Pablo O'Higgins.
You never know . . . . . . I certainly didn't, although both are apparently well known in their field.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:03 am

Whoops! Looking like a Southern Hemisphere clean sweep for the RWC15 semis next week...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:25 am

So basically the 6 nations is division 2, a the 4 nnations or whatever it's calledis ddivision 1.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:26 am

Very bad from Ireland.

Congrats Argentina.

Scotland doing well so far.

Hopefully they get the w.

Nothing to do with s h v nh.

Just cos they are they underdog.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:13 am

Hard luck Scotland.

My interest in RWC 2015 goes out the window after today.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:12 am

Have to say, really liked what I saw from Argentina today - a far cry from their old 10-man approach. Could easily make the final.

Scotland - unlucky and very impressive. Not sure how Joubert thought Maitland deserved a yellow and, having given accidental offsides twice earlier in the game for identical offences, why on Earth he thought the critical one late in the game was deliberate, only he'll know. Won't be refereeing the final though, that's for certain.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:24 am

Was the decision on the late penalty for deliberate offside then? I was watching in a noisy pub so never heard the reason. It could have been for a dangerous challenge by the jock with the big beard.

To me though the travesty was a minute before that - the last challenge on the Scot full back(?) after he'd kicked the ball away. Penalty there - double penalty in fact - the pen would have been given where the ball landed. Scotland could then kick down to the corner, their own lineout ball and they could have run the match down.

Very unlucky Scotland - they could (should?) have won that. I wonder if Laidlaw's after match interview will be plastered all over social media the same way Mike Brown's was after the England Wales match

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:49 am

Davie wrote:Was the decision on the late penalty for deliberate offside then? I was watching in a noisy pub so never heard the reason. It could have been for a dangerous challenge by the jock with the big beard.

To me though the travesty was a minute before that - the last challenge on the Scot full back(?) after he'd kicked the ball away. Penalty there - double penalty in fact - the pen would have been given where the ball landed. Scotland could then kick down to the corner, their own lineout ball and they could have run the match down.

Very unlucky Scotland - they could (should?) have won that. I wonder if Laidlaw's after match interview will be plastered all over social media the same way Mike Brown's was after the England Wales match
Yep. Penalty was for deliberate offside.
Mitchell's(?) collision with Hogg looked bad and late but they didn't show any wide angle so was difficult to see if there was any mitigation - looked a bit like Ashley-Cooper(?) got in the way of Mitchell. Difficult. Hogg probably made it look worse than it was given his footballer performance the other day.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:37 am

with Davie on this. Think it's Hooper and it looked like he actually changed the direction of his chase to make sure he ran straight into Hogg. Clear late challenge for me, and really displeased the TMO chose not to take it up with Joubert, having been so keen to do so on the Maitland incident earlier.

Really feel for Scotland, gave a very good performance, and deserved better.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:50 pm

Ireland - poor against an excellent Argentina side. Really disappointed they didn't realise they were defending too narrow and their line speed in the first 20 minutes was pedestrian.

Scotland - feel for them. Being a regular rugby watcher, it's a game of imperfect refereeing but it normally evens out over a game. Don't think it did in this case and given there was only a point in it, then it was decisive.

Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:13 pm

Bob_the_Job wrote:...Scotland - feel for them.  Being a regular rugby watcher, it's a game of imperfect refereeing but it normally evens out over a game.  Don't think it did in this case and given there was only a point in it, then it was decisive.

True. Australia got pinged a number of times at scrummages for Scottish offenses. That said though, I think the Maitland yellow and the "deliberate" offside at the end, when he'd given two earlier as accidental, were.....harsh. The fact that Joubert ran off at the end is a) incredibly pathetic and b) suggests to me, at least, that he knew he might have dropped a clanger.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:08 pm

Not surprised we lost to Argentina, they are a good side.

Just shocked by the 23 point margin.

Never saw them being 17-0 up at any time.

Would we have won if O'Connell, O'Mahoney, O'Brien and Sexton were playing, tough to say.

Would certainly have had better leadership on the pitch.

At 23-20, thought we may have come back and sneak a win.

Fair play to Argentina.

So another 4 year wait to see if we can ever make the semi's.

Very hard luck to Scotland, deserved the win.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:54 pm

super_realist wrote:Had to laugh at some of those names.

Just imagine a ginger headed bog trotter called Muhammed O Leary.

I think the fact that Jakub sits much higher than Muhammed in this list says a lot about the origins of Irish immigrants.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:17 am

Jakub? Do the Irish have origins in illiterate bible thumpers?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:37 am

Why is Jakub illiterate?

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:03 am

RWC refs review committee conform that Joubert called it wrong and it should have been a scrum not a penalty...anyway too late now, time to draw a line and move on.

Not sure what's worse, getting pumped like France did or missing out due to a referee error.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next