The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+27
pedro
westisbest
McLaren
puligny
kwinigolfer
SmithersJones
Eyetoldyouso
BlueCoverman
MontysMerkin
Mad for Chelsea
lorus59
Bob_the_Job
Dolphin Ziggler
Davie
Be_the_ball
1GrumpyGolfer
hend085
JAS
GunsGerms
beninho
golfermartin
Roller_Coaster
I'm never wrong
incontinentia
raycastleunited
MustPuttBetter
super_realist
31 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 10 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue 01 Sep 2015, 1:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

It's more the leaving it to the last minute which is nonsense. It is appalling business practice for the buyer to do this, as the seller knows they can keep the price high.

What is the point in the window being open for two months if nothing gets done until the last day? Just make it a day long, the opposite of a DFS sale.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue 17 Nov 2015, 3:52 pm

SmithersJones wrote:Aren't some of you rather missing the 'role' part of role model? John Terry is an excellent role model for the role of centre back, just as Charlie Sheen is an excellent role model for the role of comedy actor. If famous people are pleasant as well as successful that's a bonus.

Well, that's it isn't it, people expect EVERYTHING they do to be role modelish.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by GunsGerms Tue 17 Nov 2015, 4:52 pm

super_realist wrote:
SmithersJones wrote:Aren't some of you rather missing the 'role' part of role model? John Terry is an excellent role model for the role of centre back, just as Charlie Sheen is an excellent role model for the role of comedy actor. If famous people are pleasant as well as successful that's a bonus.

Well, that's it isn't it, people expect EVERYTHING they do to be role modelish.

Amazon are reportedly offering Clarkson over £100m. You would think the least they would expect for their money is that he isn't a convicted racist. Time will tell.

Like it or not, while you don't have to be perfect if you are as bad a role model as he is it will probably catch up with you at some point. Maybe that's why Netflix pulled the plug on the deal they were meant to have?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 17 Nov 2015, 4:56 pm

Well he isn't a convicted racist, yet.

Why keep going on about role model. He isn't one, isn't required to be, and there's no such thing as Showbiz Karma either. If there was Simon Cowell would be dead.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 17 Nov 2015, 5:03 pm

super_realist wrote:Well he isn't a convicted racist, yet.

Why keep going on about role model. He isn't one, isn't required to be, and there's no such thing as Showbiz Karma either. If there was Simon Cowell would be dead.

I never said he was required to be one. I said I would want him to be one if I was head of Amazon. Why do you keep talking about role models?

You remind me of someone with Asperger's syndrome. In so far as your opinions seem restricted and repetitive and are sometimes abnormally intense or focused. Maybe I'm being a little harsh.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 17 Nov 2015, 7:10 pm

super

That was a seriously long winded way to go about admitting that you dislike Irish people solely based on nationality. What a shame, I thought you detested petty tribalism world views?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 17 Nov 2015, 11:27 pm

There's a good chance (risk) that the next president will be a racist. At least if you're PC.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 18 Nov 2015, 7:02 am

GunsGerms wrote:
super_realist wrote:Well he isn't a convicted racist, yet.

I never said he was required to be one. I said I would want him to be one if I was head of Amazon. Why do you keep talking about role models?

You remind me of someone with Asperger's syndrome. In so far as your opinions seem restricted and repetitive and are sometimes abnormally intense or focused. Maybe I'm being a little harsh.

You're the one who keeps mentioning role models, in fact it was you who brought it up in the first place, I'm simply saying that being in the public eye, doesn't make you one and even if you are in the public eye, you have no duty to be one.
I couldn't name a single person in which all of their character are things anyone would want to aspire to, although Muslims and cartoons etc are perhaps the biggest ninnies when it comes to fake outrage and lack of humour.

Mac Corbyn, what are you on about? I've never said I dislike the Irish, I simply see them as incredibly over-sensitive and petty about their nationality, humourless and hypocritical when it comes to dishing out and taking playground banter. This whole episode seems to bear this out. Scots can also be pretty petty in regards to these things and to a lesser extent Americans can also be over-sensitive.
I don't seem to get that from most other nationalities.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 18 Nov 2015, 9:01 am

Johnny Wilkinson would be a good role model for any youngster that wants to be a rugby player.

The amount of hours he put into his game, to get to the standard he was.

Never heard anything bad about him, along the lines of Terry, Barton.

I find it hard to believe you couldn't name one.

Speaking of rugby, very sad news about Jonah Lomu who passed away.

He may well have been another role model.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 18 Nov 2015, 9:05 am

I mentioned it casually in a throw away comment and you hopped on it like its one of your favourite things to talk about. You also are arguing points in relation to role models that have very little to do with my original comment but I suppose it is an open forum.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 18 Nov 2015, 9:06 am

Yeah I was sad to read about Lomu. Seemed a real nice guy.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Wed 18 Nov 2015, 9:08 am

super_realist wrote:

Mac Corbyn, what are you on about? I've never said I dislike the Irish, I simply see them as incredibly over-sensitive and petty about their nationality, humourless and hypocritical when it comes to dishing out and taking playground banter. This whole episode seems to bear this out. Scots can also be pretty petty in regards to these things and to a lesser extent Americans can also be over-sensitive.
I don't seem to get that from most other nationalities.

What, all the Irish?  Such a sweeping generalisation from one so proud of his intellect. Tut Tut. Wink

However, you're somewhat right and I think if we're being honest, more of the Irish are more sensitive about their nationality being brought up than some other nations.  Shocker - not everyone/every nation is average.  Kind of statistical inevitability about that.  The other point that's (surprisingly) not been raised is that the degree of "sensitivity" depends on the person doing the name calling.  For some strange reason, having Irishness pointed out by a Belgian is likely to have a different effect on an Irish man than say an English person saying it.  At a logical level that's ridiculous, but less so than thinking people only react in a logical manner or that history has no impact on the collective persona.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 18 Nov 2015, 9:32 am

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. When it comes to talking about Irish people you lads seem to be more sensitive than anyone or any nationality. Super did someone from Ireland rob your girlfriend or something? You spend so much time here talking about Ireland. You should just get it over with and visit Ireland. You would love it.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 18 Nov 2015, 11:06 am

I work and have worked with plenty of Muslims, I have no personal history of them showing fake outrage or lack of sense of humour, In fact I have been able to joke and say things about a wide variety of things, from pork to jihad. I do not like it when people jump on the current hysteria regarding Muslims, and that all of them lack humour and fake outrage. People should not paint an entire religious group with the acts of a minority. Though I guess Aberdeen has a much lower Muslim population that North West London, so It may just be lack of experience and knowledge.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 18 Nov 2015, 11:32 am

GunsGerms wrote:Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. When it comes to talking about Irish people you lads seem to be more sensitive than anyone or any nationality. Super did someone from Ireland rob your girlfriend or something? You spend so much time here talking about Ireland. You should just get it over with and visit Ireland. You would love it.

Apparently I have Irish heritage and I have an Irish name, so maybe I should refer to the Oirish as "we" and not "they".

Beninho, try criticising mohammed or have a pictorial depiction of him and see how many muslims brush it off.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 18 Nov 2015, 12:00 pm

Super

You are making broad non-evidenced claims about a group of people based on the location of their own or their parents birth. How does this fit into the rationalist (realist?) world view that you are so keen to portray as following?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 18 Nov 2015, 12:02 pm

Maybe its time for a pilgrimage to the motherland then. I suggest it might be good for your soul. Go to Connemara and be blown away by its unique beauty.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 18 Nov 2015, 12:12 pm

Good to see Bradley Neil miss the cut for European Tour Qualifying. Laugh Laugh Laugh

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Wed 18 Nov 2015, 1:13 pm

Not ever having heard of him other than a very quick utilisation of a search engine a minute ago, why is it good to see him fail Super?

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 18 Nov 2015, 1:16 pm

Is he Irish?

PS, Could you please address my question to you super?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 18 Nov 2015, 1:39 pm

Good to see those pesky 19 year old kids fail.

Why the hatred of Bradley Neil?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 18 Nov 2015, 1:50 pm

beninho wrote:Good to see those pesky 19 year old kids fail.

Why the hatred of Bradley Neil?

He's well known on the Scottish golf scene as being an absolute bell end. Might do him some good and take him down a peg or two.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 18 Nov 2015, 2:04 pm

He is 19 years old, you are allowed to be a bit of a bell end at that age. Who wasnt?

He is playing professional sport to an incredibly high standard, I daresay one of the best in SCotland, he has appeared in 3 out of 4 majors already. The guy clearly has some talent. Im sure he will mature with age without the need to be taken down a peg or two.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 18 Nov 2015, 2:24 pm

More of a bel lend than Clarkson allegedly.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 20 Nov 2015, 1:15 am

NewsFlash:
More Mexicans are leaving the USA than are entering the USA.
I hope the Mexicans are checking the departures to ensure no undesirable Americans are mixing in and sneaking across the border . . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 20 Nov 2015, 8:29 am

A Muslim database in America. What the hell? How can this not be causing some sort of uproar in the country.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 20 Nov 2015, 10:45 am

beninho wrote:A Muslim database in America. What the hell?  How can this not be causing some sort of uproar in the country.

I hope one of our yankie buddies can respond to this. They need to.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Fri 20 Nov 2015, 11:17 am

beninho wrote:A Muslim database in America. What the hell?
they already register people based on ethnicity, right?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Fri 20 Nov 2015, 11:48 am

pedro wrote:
beninho wrote:A Muslim database in America. What the hell?
they already register shoot people based on ethnicity, right?
There.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 20 Nov 2015, 1:51 pm

Mac, All,

Listen through this interview with every facile pig-ignorant media thesis dismantled, stereotype by stereotype:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzusSqcotDw

I'd say the interviewers in this case represent about 80% of middle America, probably more.

Extraordinary thing to me is that Bernie Sanders is the only politician in the public eye who is prepared to say Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Hillary, Blair got it all wrong after 9/11 and the rest of the world is now paying the price.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 20 Nov 2015, 2:26 pm

I see Paul Dunne got his European tour card. I presume Super will be keen to lead the tributes on a good year for the young Irish man.

Can I get an amen?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 20 Nov 2015, 2:31 pm

thumbsup clap guinness Bubbly

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 20 Nov 2015, 2:36 pm

Kwini

I agree with the guy in the video that making generalizations is almost always inaccurate but as with all regions, Islam is reluctant to rewrite their ideology to make it clear that immoral acts are not condoned.  Christian ideology is currently preventing the US from becoming a modern humanist state and Islam is part of the same issue in middle eastern and african countries.

As I am sure you all know my beef is with all religious ideology and it is laughable that right wing Christians cannot see that they are as far from practicing a humane way of life as the Islamic extremists. Does it matter if someone dies from stoning ,which is at least a somewhat a quick death, compared to dyeing a very slow and agonizing death because of being excluded from receiving vital medical care?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 20 Nov 2015, 2:39 pm

I think that means you agree!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 20 Nov 2015, 2:54 pm

Probably, I was just a bit confused by the guy arguing that Turkey and Indonesia had total gender equality. I find that hard to believe and it made me a little unsure what his point was.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 20 Nov 2015, 3:13 pm

McLaren wrote:Kwini

I agree with the guy in the video that making generalizations is almost always inaccurate but as with all regions, Islam is reluctant to rewrite their ideology to make it clear that immoral acts are not condoned.  Christian ideology is currently preventing the US from becoming a modern humanist state and Islam is part of the same issue in middle eastern and african countries.

As I am sure you all know my beef is with all religious ideology and it is laughable that right wing Christians cannot see that they are as far from practicing a humane way of life as the Islamic extremists.  Does it matter if someone dies from stoning ,which is at least a somewhat a quick death, compared to dyeing a very slow and agonizing death because of being excluded from receiving vital medical care?
Sorry Mac, you've lost me. What does this have to do with right wing Christianity in the U.S.? You'll need to be a bit more explicit there...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 20 Nov 2015, 3:27 pm

The christian right are the main opponents to universal health care.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 20 Nov 2015, 4:05 pm

Mac,
I think the "Christian Right" may be against things like women's right to choose, contraception etc, but the right's agenda is not really religion-based; much more "we're rich and want to stay that way, you're poor and I'm damned if I see any reason to help you, so I'll do everything in my power, (gerry-mandering electoral districts, striving to minimize minorities' and seniors' ability to vote, etc etc) to keep it that way. "If that compromises your life expectancy, then that's just a collateral benefit."

There's certainly the Bushies' 'My god is better than your god mantra' when it comes to other religions, but the right's agenda spreads far beyond mere religion.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 20 Nov 2015, 4:12 pm

I heard that in the US a lot of big corporations such as Wallmart have taken out life insurance policies on their employees. Therefore it is often in their interest not to offer good employee heath insurance packages because if an employee dies they stand to receive large pay-outs.

In some cases their employees are worth more to them dead than they are alive.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 20 Nov 2015, 4:18 pm

Not sure about that, Guns. May be true sounds more like 2 + 2 =3. Dunno, but don't see any motivation for them to do that.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 20 Nov 2015, 4:25 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Not sure about that, Guns. May be true sounds more like 2 + 2 =3. Dunno, but don't see any motivation for them to do that.

It came to light when a Citigroup employee died. By accident a Citigroup employee sent an email to the deceased employee's next of kin with details of the insurance payout that Citigroup received on that employee. That promoted an investigation and it revealed that something like 500,000 insurance policies of this type exist in the US in companies such as Wallmart and Citigroup.

In the industry this type of insurance policy is referred to as "Dead Peasants" insurance.

Depending on where you work there may be a policy on you.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 20 Nov 2015, 5:34 pm

McLaren wrote:The christian right are the main opponents to universal health care.
They're allegedly Christian and their politics are a bit Genghis but it doesn't mean the views on healthcare are informed by their Christian beliefs does it? Not how they see them as compatible but I'm not sure their religion is driving their approach to healthcare.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Fri 20 Nov 2015, 9:22 pm

If you laugh of this name you're a racist..

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1604099093156689&set=a.1429722997260967.1073741829.100006698409833&type=3&source=48&__tn__=E

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 20 Nov 2015, 9:45 pm

laughing I am racist.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 23 Nov 2015, 10:32 am

Great result for Argentina in their presidential elections.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 23 Nov 2015, 12:14 pm

Guns

Are you being sarcastic?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 23 Nov 2015, 12:18 pm

No. Kirchner was a disaster, anything is better than her and her cronies. I believe that the new president will bring greater economic stability and hopefully less corruption.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon 23 Nov 2015, 10:00 pm

Because I can...

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/grill-room/soccer-star-build-replicas-iconic-golf-holes-backyard/

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 23 Nov 2015, 11:06 pm

pedro

Nice link and the basis of what could be an interesting thread.

https://www.606v2.com/t61364-3-hole-backyard-course#3214563
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 24 Nov 2015, 3:08 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-34910036

Darwin award.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 24 Nov 2015, 3:12 pm

I would have left my parents in the burning building at that age. Bummer of a way to go but why risk your own life to save people who have already had a decent innings?

Definitely a Darwin award.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next