The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+27
pedro
westisbest
McLaren
puligny
kwinigolfer
SmithersJones
Eyetoldyouso
BlueCoverman
MontysMerkin
Mad for Chelsea
lorus59
Bob_the_Job
Dolphin Ziggler
Davie
Be_the_ball
1GrumpyGolfer
hend085
JAS
GunsGerms
beninho
golfermartin
Roller_Coaster
I'm never wrong
incontinentia
raycastleunited
MustPuttBetter
super_realist
31 posters

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue 01 Sep 2015, 1:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

It's more the leaving it to the last minute which is nonsense. It is appalling business practice for the buyer to do this, as the seller knows they can keep the price high.

What is the point in the window being open for two months if nothing gets done until the last day? Just make it a day long, the opposite of a DFS sale.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Wed 02 Dec 2015, 4:47 pm

Super

You try incredibly hard to portray yourself as being supremely competent and rational, why do you feel the need to make this point so strongly?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 02 Dec 2015, 4:47 pm

"Flashing".
Certainly better than the USA alternative where it is quite normal for idiots to pass on the inside, even if the overtakee is in a long line and can't go any faster. Then the maroon who passed on the inside tries to elbow in.
All with impunity.

Thing that gives me the heebie jeebies driving British motorways is vans and lorries driving bumper to bumper . . . . . literally. Might just as well be kamikaze pilots.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 02 Dec 2015, 4:52 pm

McLaren wrote:Super

You try incredibly hard to portray yourself as being supremely competent and rational, why do you feel the need to make this point so strongly?

Mac, I'm merely showing the idiotic short comings of this particular driver. When I said "I" I'm not necessarily speaking about myself or projecting. I'm meaning a "normal human being" would deal better with these situations. (a.k.a common sense)

Are you really suggesting you couldn't do better (if you had a car) in this particular scenario?

I'm not striving to show competence or rationality. Those are the default position of a normal human being. I'm pointing out the sheer stupidity and utter ineptitude of this driver. I cannot see anyone having the slightest bit of sympathy for him in light of the story, background and video.

Last edited by super_realist on Wed 02 Dec 2015, 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 02 Dec 2015, 4:56 pm

The guy appears to have been driving to slowly from all accounts, but he does not deserve to have his car damaged, scratched or pushed by another road user. Both appear to be in the wrong. They are both stupid and should both have sanctions on their license if proved true.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Wed 02 Dec 2015, 4:57 pm

I thought passing was legal on either side in the US?

Can I just point out though Kwini that if you're in a long line in the outside lane, you shouldn't be, nor should anyone else who's not yet reached the vehicle you anticipate passing when you get the chance. If everyone waited until they reached the obstacle before pulling out we'd all get by quicker and on the right side.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 02 Dec 2015, 5:01 pm

beninho wrote:The guy appears to have been driving to slowly from all accounts, but he does not deserve to have his car damaged, scratched or pushed by another road user. Both appear to be in the wrong. They are both stupid and should both have sanctions on their license if proved true.

No body is saying he deserves a damaged car, or even to be intimidated, but he doesn't seem to be driving safely on two accounts for the road conditions.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed 02 Dec 2015, 6:07 pm

super_realist wrote:
McLaren wrote:Super

Mac, I'm merely showing the idiotic short comings of this particular driver. When I said "I" I'm not necessarily speaking about myself or projecting. I'm meaning a "normal human being" would deal better with these situations. (a.k.a common sense)

Are you really suggesting you couldn't do better (if you had a car) in this particular scenario?

I'm not striving to show competence or rationality. Those are the default position of a normal human being. I'm pointing out the sheer stupidity and utter ineptitude of this driver. I cannot see anyone having the slightest bit of sympathy for him in light of the story, background and video.

I believe the right expression is do not feed the trolls

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed 02 Dec 2015, 6:15 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:"Flashing".
Certainly better than the USA alternative where it is quite normal for idiots to pass on the inside, even if the overtakee is in a long line and can't go any faster. Then the maroon who passed on the inside tries to elbow in.
All with impunity.

Thing that gives me the heebie jeebies driving British motorways is vans and lorries driving bumper to bumper . . . . . literally. Might just as well be kamikaze pilots.

Kwini I have to say that this is quite normal now in the UK and something I do on a regular basis on the M25. The northern half of the M25 is now 4 lanes in both directions and the near side lane is generally completely empty, it is my own personal lane.

Although I would prefer to over take conventionally, it is safer to stay in one empty lane than have to drive across 4 lanes from lane 1 to lane 4 to over take some idiot in lane 3 then cross all the way back from lane 4 to lane 1.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Wed 02 Dec 2015, 7:08 pm

raycastleunited wrote:
kwinigolfer wrote:"Flashing".
All with impunity.

Kwini I have to say that this is quite normal now in the UK and something I do on a regular basis on the M25. The northern half of the M25 is now 4 lanes in both directions and the near side lane is generally completely empty, it is my own personal lane.

Although I would prefer to over take conventionally, it is safer to stay in one empty lane than have to drive across 4 lanes from lane 1 to lane 4 to over take some idiot in lane 3 then cross all the way back from lane 4 to lane 1.

I'll second that. I think of it as using the bits of road nobody else wants!
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 02 Dec 2015, 9:18 pm

Another mass shooting in the US, this time in California.
Republicans, and many Democrats who you'd think should know better, support the NRA and are against refugees from the Middle East.
Don't they have this back to front?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 02 Dec 2015, 9:35 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Another mass shooting in the US, this time in California.
Republicans, and many Democrats who you'd think should know better, support the NRA and are against refugees from the Middle East.
Don't they have this back to front?

No doubt the solution is "more guns".

Competing with Ireland for "most backward country" award.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 02 Dec 2015, 10:20 pm

I'm curious on Trumps take on this. Didn't the victims have access to guns? Or did they leave them at the Reception?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 02 Dec 2015, 10:35 pm

I hope the American Special Forces units going into Iraq and Syria are properly vetted . . . . . recommend it should probably take about four years to process, just like the refugees coming to the States.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 02 Dec 2015, 10:54 pm

Just like the Chicago cop shooting down the 17 yo guy. Just watched the video of it.. Crazy stuff.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 03 Dec 2015, 8:00 am

pedro wrote:I'm curious on Trumps take on this. Didn't the victims have access to guns? Or did they leave them at the Reception?

That's the entire ridiculous element of the absurd claim for "protection". Unless you sleep with it, loaded, one eye open, in your hand, with the safety off then they are utterly useless.

The best ever sketch I've ever seen for the argument against guns is Jim Jefferies routine. Can't argue with a word of it.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 08 Dec 2015, 10:27 pm

Bad week for McClaren.
Tiger going down the drain and he'll meet Man Utd when he reaches the bottom.
Except Tiger will still be wealthy, Man Utd drowning in debt.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Tue 08 Dec 2015, 11:02 pm

Is it me or does anyone else think Trump is trying to get himself shot?
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 09 Dec 2015, 2:38 am

I think he's trying to get everyone else shot, preferably by a minority of some stripe, as that furthers his agenda of hate and bigotry.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 09 Dec 2015, 11:11 am

Kwini

Man Utd are awful. Only Carrick and Martial are up to the standards of old in terms of midfielders and forwards. Shaw, Blind and De Gea are clearly world class but that will not contribute to many goals or exciting football.

The really disappointing aspect of Man Utd's current play is how lazy the whole team is off the ball. The second the team get the ball back every midfielder and forward just seems to stop moving.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 09 Dec 2015, 1:43 pm

Mac,
Putrid "effort" last night for sure - Depay looked like he'd rather be in Memphis than Wolfsburg and, for once, Smalling was unable to organize his troops in defence. No good Blind being, in your words, "world class" if he's being played out of position. I see LVG has somewhat thrown Schweinsteiger under the bus; certainly nowhere close to being the player he was even two years ago. But surely Carrick should have been in midfield helping him out?

If Bournemouth's effort and running can ever be translated into goals your boys could be in for a right thumping on Saturday, especially if Smalling is sick-noting it.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Wed 09 Dec 2015, 9:28 pm

I hear the honourable member for Trumpton now being linked to IRA fundraiser prior to Canary Warf bombing in 2006! Apparently Mr Adams speech included the memorable phrase "we're playing our trump card" Tell em it ain't so Trump, tell em it ain't so!
Sure he was there for political reasons only - building his base perhaps - but thank the lord he ain't Muslim! maybe he was radicalised?

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 12 Dec 2015, 12:25 pm

Super

I hope you have been watching this http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b06qymr8/ireland-with-simon-reeve-episode-1
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 12 Dec 2015, 2:22 pm

Meant to have watched this, but didn't get around to it.

Love the west.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Sat 12 Dec 2015, 8:52 pm

This combo could keep Stricker from retiring...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/12042690/Storm-Desmond-salmon-found-swimming-in-golf-bunker-after-flooding-in-Scotland.html

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 13 Dec 2015, 9:32 am

Connor McGegor 13 second ko of Jose Aldo.

Very impressive stuff.

Seems nobody can touch him at the moment.

Certainly backs up his talk.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 14 Dec 2015, 1:28 pm

westisbest wrote:Connor McGegor 13 second ko of Jose Aldo.

Very impressive stuff.

Wonder if S_R fancies telling him his eyes are too close together? Cool
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 15 Dec 2015, 3:28 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:

Very impressive stuff.

Wonder if S_R fancies telling him his eyes are too close together? Cool

Nah, he would only say it from behind the comfort of his keyboard/pad Whistle

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 15 Dec 2015, 4:04 pm

Surely Super could win if that is what the scriptwriters wanted to happen?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 15 Dec 2015, 4:08 pm

Excellent Mac.

UFC is truly a preposterous exhibition.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Tue 15 Dec 2015, 4:18 pm

Very impressive stuff.

wrong board?

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 15 Dec 2015, 4:23 pm

ray

This is off topic, so entertainment chat is allowed.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 15 Dec 2015, 5:56 pm

raycastleunited wrote:

Very impressive stuff.

wrong board?

anything goes on this thread.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 15 Dec 2015, 6:10 pm

super_realist wrote:Excellent Mac.

UFC is truly a preposterous exhibition.

Big UFC fan.
Can be a bit boring when you one lying on top of the other not doing anything.

When the guys are in full swing it's great.

McGregor is a fantastic fighter.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Tue 15 Dec 2015, 6:21 pm

McLaren wrote:ray

This is off topic, so entertainment chat is allowed.

Wasn't telling him to go away, just thought he might have posted this on here by mistake.

Although if it is about UFC, then really he should go away because we're all far too mature on here to discuss silly play fighting Laugh

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 15 Dec 2015, 6:41 pm

Didn't post by mistake ray.

Silly play fighting is what www wrestlers do Very Happy

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Sun 20 Dec 2015, 4:12 pm

Klopp/dropp/flopp

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 20 Dec 2015, 7:45 pm

American owners not doing too well in the PL this year:
Man Utd
Liverpool
Villa
Sunderland

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun 20 Dec 2015, 8:50 pm

Is the purpose of SPOTY to get more cringeworthy year on year?

edit.....

and now it's Danny Boy, and you thought I stereotyped the Leprechaun

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sun 20 Dec 2015, 10:55 pm

Who did they play Danny Boy for? Wasn't that t0sser boxer was it?

I see the miserable sweaty won it again. Shouldn't he have got the team of the year?

It was a pretty weak year this year though - probably should have gone to Hamilton for at least beating his "team mate"

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun 20 Dec 2015, 11:23 pm

Not a great year for British Sport in general, 12 people was certainly too many to be on a list, just to make it 'inclusive' and 'pc', whilst nominating someone like the England Women's Football team, who won less than I did this year for 'Team of the Year' is laughable. At least they didn't win any awards.

Davis Cup Team were certainly worthy, though I think Murray was a bit embarrassed to get the actual award on his own.

Seemed like a massive exercise to pat as many Norn Irish on the back as possible and make it cliched and dredging up as many NI has-beens as possible to make the awards. Must have been awkward to be there.

Get's worse and worse every year. Poor Lineker blushes his way through the whole thing.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Mon 21 Dec 2015, 9:05 am

"Poor" Lineker blushes his way through the whole thing, then legs it to the bank.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Mon 21 Dec 2015, 9:17 am

Davie wrote:Who did they play Danny Boy for? Wasn't that t0sser boxer was it?

The singer was the widow of a rugby league player called Danny who died of an undiscovered heart defect earlier this year. I think it was in part to raise the profile of a charity to provide screenings to young people to identify similar issues. Quite poignant I thought.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Tue 22 Dec 2015, 10:17 am

What's more impressive - the ball striking skill or the ballsey courage?

see HERE
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Tue 22 Dec 2015, 11:02 am

Courage or stupidity?
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 22 Dec 2015, 11:19 am

Bravery is by far the kindest word for stupidity.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Tue 22 Dec 2015, 2:01 pm

Roller_Coaster wrote:
Davie wrote:Who did they play Danny Boy for? Wasn't that t0sser boxer was it?

The singer was the widow of a rugby league player called Danny who died of an undiscovered heart defect earlier this year. I think it was in part to raise the profile of a charity to provide screenings to young people to identify similar issues. Quite poignant I thought.
I agree. Not only was she left a very young widow, she was also left with year-old twins to bring up on her own. Lizzie Jones had previously sung Abide With Me before the Rugby League Challenge Cup Final earlier this year and I think she was a very brave young lady to do both. Danny, her husband, played for Keighley and died aged just 29 following a cardiac arrest. She sang Danny Boy while the BBC paid tribute to all the sports people who had died during 2015 and I was shocked by how many we had lost. angel
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 22 Dec 2015, 2:14 pm

It was the Irishification of everything on the night that was the embarrassing thing LP, she even had an emerald green dress on, very contrived and cringeworthy. I'm surprised the usual over-sensitive Leprechaun here haven't been up in arms over stereotyping.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Tue 22 Dec 2015, 2:51 pm

Sorry to have disappointed. In future, just take our collective outrage as given if it makes you feel better.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Tue 22 Dec 2015, 3:23 pm

super_realist wrote:she even had an emerald green dress on
... but it was a stunning dress and she looked fabulous in it! I do agree, though, there was far too much emphasis on the Irish-ness of it all. Just a pity that she had to be singled out for a side-swipe.
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 22 Dec 2015, 4:11 pm

LadyPutt wrote:
super_realist wrote:she even had an emerald green dress on
... but it was a stunning dress and she looked fabulous in it! I do agree, though, there was far too much emphasis on the Irish-ness of it all. Just a pity that she had to be singled out for a side-swipe.

I wasn't singling her out as such, but she was certainly the lucky charm that broke the Leprechaun back.

I knew as soon as I saw them wheeling out Mary Peters, that they were scraping the underside of the barrel though.

Where is 2016 SPOTY? I'll be expecting more predictable parochial cliche's.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next