The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Final Thread-Time for a good ol Rogering? Novaks Roger... Im OK (its mine!)

+20
It Must Be Love
theslosty
mthierry
Born Slippy
JuliusHMarx
CAS
Calder106
TRuffin
rogerpenrose
slashermcguirk
Henman Bill
summerblues
kemet
ZZ
CaledonianCraig
LuvSports!
bogbrush
banbrotam
greengoblin
temporary21
24 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Final Thread-Time for a good ol Rogering? Novaks Roger... Im OK (its mine!) - Page 2 Empty The Final Thread-Time for a good ol Rogering? Novaks Roger... Im OK (its mine!)

Post by temporary21 Mon 14 Sep 2015, 1:51 am

First topic message reminder :

lets get ready to rumblllllleeeeee!!!!

dododododododo
dododoDODODODO!....

temporary21

Back to top Go down

The Final Thread-Time for a good ol Rogering? Novaks Roger... Im OK (its mine!) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Final Thread-Time for a good ol Rogering? Novaks Roger... Im OK (its mine!)

Post by Henman Bill Mon 14 Sep 2015, 8:44 am

rogerpenrose wrote:

I think I speak for everyone sane here when I say this:  Please take your head from out of your bum.

Thanks. thumbsup

well you don't speak for me

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

The Final Thread-Time for a good ol Rogering? Novaks Roger... Im OK (its mine!) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Final Thread-Time for a good ol Rogering? Novaks Roger... Im OK (its mine!)

Post by Henman Bill Mon 14 Sep 2015, 8:46 am

fed-agassi 2005 - i watched it on tv, when agassi goes a break up in the third...felt a little magic in the air that night as if something truly special was about to happen, but didn't last long, federer broke back fast

who were you supporting that day?

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerpenrose Mon 14 Sep 2015, 8:47 am

Henman Bill wrote:
rogerpenrose wrote:

I think I speak for everyone sane here when I say this:  Please take your head from out of your bum.

Thanks. thumbsup

well you don't speak for me

The word 'sane' was a clue.

rogerpenrose

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Mon 14 Sep 2015, 8:48 am

rogerpenrose wrote:
temporary21 wrote:
Id say theres almost doubt theres an association with weather and the outcome but not a dominating effect at all. Both guys can beat the other in their less favourable condition.

What I disagree with is the idea that we can see the weather before and declare the winner, or more seriously, suggesting that the result was somehow lessened because different weather conditions would have reversed the outcome.

Id say its not giving the guys enough credit to overplay it that much, Federer is better in the sun yeah, but the notion he can only win in it I dont think is correct

Thanks. thumbsup
I speak for myself here. Dont like tennis discussion you are in THE wrong place honey!

Hope the hobble isnt true

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by TRuffin Mon 14 Sep 2015, 8:51 am

No hobble. Fed fans there that were at the arrival and his warmup on ashe said he looked focused and cheery. Went about 25 minutes longer than usual in the warm up and showed no injuries. He's fine.

I do agree conditions have swung to advantage djokovic.

TRuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerpenrose Mon 14 Sep 2015, 8:54 am

temporary21 wrote:
rogerpenrose wrote:
temporary21 wrote:
Id say theres almost doubt theres an association with weather and the outcome but not a dominating effect at all. Both guys can beat the other in their less favourable condition.

What I disagree with is the idea that we can see the weather before and declare the winner, or more seriously, suggesting that the result was somehow lessened because different weather conditions would have reversed the outcome.

Id say its not giving the guys enough credit to overplay it that much, Federer is better in the sun yeah, but the notion he can only win in it I dont think is correct

Thanks. thumbsup
I speak for myself here. Dont like tennis discussion you are in THE wrong place honey!

Hope the hobble isnt true

You couldn't pay me to be part of this dictatorial clique, you ignoramus. Very Happy

rogerpenrose

Back to top Go down

Post by Calder106 Mon 14 Sep 2015, 9:01 am

Actually  you just joined. Glad you didn't need to be paid. laughing

Calder106

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Mon 14 Sep 2015, 9:03 am

Good call on the telegraph commentary btw, better than the beeb

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerpenrose Mon 14 Sep 2015, 9:05 am

Calder106 wrote:Actually  you just joined. Glad you didn't need to be paid. laughing

I suggest you learn what the words 'part of' mean.  It could help.  I have no idea how the people of this forum deal with you on a daily basis.  Doesn't it get tiring for them conversing with someone as obviously stupid as you?  laughing

Anyway, ciao for now.   Very Happy

Last edited by rogerpenrose on Mon 14 Sep 2015, 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total

rogerpenrose

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Mon 14 Sep 2015, 9:07 am

*yawn*. Looks like the childs punched himself out finally, couldnt even be bothered to get rid of him...

Back to it, theres talk of suspending it till 8pm local time (1am UK?)

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon 14 Sep 2015, 9:07 am

Henman Bill wrote:So there's a little rumour doing the rounds that Federer may be suffering with an injury. He arrived at Flushing Meadows reasonably early with his shoe laces undone and appearing to hobble slightly

copy and pasted verbatim from Telegraph
Oh do not say that; that would be a huge letdown.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Calder106 Mon 14 Sep 2015, 9:09 am

Anyone  who posts on the forum is part of it in my opinion.

Last edited by Calder106 on Mon 14 Sep 2015, 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Calder106

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Mon 14 Sep 2015, 9:10 am

I'd link the telegraph comentary to you, but Im not sure im allowed to. They said the practice looked fine, but he arrived with one of his shoes left on very loose
EDIT: his shoelaces were undone and looked in a bit of discomfort

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon 14 Sep 2015, 9:12 am

Henman Bill wrote:fed-agassi 2005 - i watched it on tv, when agassi goes a break up in the third...felt a little magic in the air that night as if something truly special was about to happen, but didn't last long, federer broke back fast

who were you supporting that day?
I think I was fairly neutral then but remember being quite impressed with Fed - more so than with Agassi. I saw both of them for the first time live then.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Mon 14 Sep 2015, 9:28 am

Thyre staring to dry it a bit, the court is FLOODED!

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Mon 14 Sep 2015, 9:34 am

temporary21 wrote:Thyre staring to dry it a bit, the court is FLOODED!

I still cannot understand the reasoning of not having the court covered; the final could have been well underway by now, as the rain has stopped in NYC

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon 14 Sep 2015, 9:39 am

The rain just about stopped, they are drying the court now. I do not think it is supposed to rain any more tonight. So once they get going, they should be able to finish.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon 14 Sep 2015, 9:41 am

Who will be around for the match? HB, will you be watching? For you it is not too late. I suppose LF will be watching too? Truffin maybe? For our friends in the UK, this will be starting just about the worst possible time.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Mon 14 Sep 2015, 9:45 am

summerblues wrote:Who will be around for the match?  HB, will you be watching?  For you it is not too late.  I suppose LF will be watching too?  Truffin maybe?  For our friends in the UK, this will be starting just about the worst possible time.  

Well, my time zone is the same as the one in NYC, so I will be up. I feel for you blokes in the UK and other places in the Eastern Hemisphere

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by TRuffin Mon 14 Sep 2015, 9:47 am

I'll be watching Smile

TRuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Mon 14 Sep 2015, 9:51 am

Joke on them! I have insomnia

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by CAS Mon 14 Sep 2015, 9:55 am

I have to be up at 7 am but I can't not watch it!

CAS

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 14 Sep 2015, 10:00 am

Too late for me. Off to bed.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Mon 14 Sep 2015, 10:00 am

Chile timezone is 1 from NYC and 4 from UK. I will likely watch the whole match. I am up for at least 1am-2am. A late match works better for me, the kids in bed around the start time. I'll need to wake around 8 tomorrow.

Wonder how this affects the player's preparations. I mean, you probably plan on a certain start time and eat a light meal 2 hours before start, or a heavy energy filled meal 3 hours before. Then these constant delays I guess you are constantly snacking on bananas and nuts and chocolate and things but you would go a long time without being able to eat another meal, since the match could, at any point, be starting in under an hour. You obviously don't want to run out of energy in the 5th set. I suppose it's a big advantage in tennnis that you are allowed to eat during the match.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Mon 14 Sep 2015, 10:02 am

It's a good call going to bed if you're in the UK. This is not one of the biggest slam finals for me. They have played so many times in slam finals the big 4, it's just another one, except when one of the players is tried to get the career grand slam or the calendar year grand slam.

From a Federer fan perspective, this may turn out to be his last slam title, or his last slam final, which is nice, but even that isn't super important in the big scheme of things.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Mon 14 Sep 2015, 10:04 am

BBC reports not actually raining at the moment

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon 14 Sep 2015, 10:12 am

Good to see we will have a quorum here Smile

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Mon 14 Sep 2015, 10:14 am

Theyre on court finally

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon 14 Sep 2015, 10:16 am

To repeat myself from a few hours earlier: good luck Roger!

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Mon 14 Sep 2015, 10:17 am

I likely won't comment much during the match though, the internet reception is a bit sh1t by the main TV and the laptop battery is dead so would have to cart the cable around

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon 14 Sep 2015, 10:20 am

Henman Bill wrote:I likely won't comment much during the match though, the internet reception is a bit sh1t by the main TV and the laptop battery is dead so would have to cart the cable around
That is ok, we will all be here in spirit. I am not sure how much I will comment either once they get going. A few words here and there between sets, but maybe not much more.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Mon 14 Sep 2015, 10:24 am

Well... he looks a bit creaky if im honest... will do well to get out of his first game...

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Mon 14 Sep 2015, 10:26 am

Getting through on the back of some pretty close second serves

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Mon 14 Sep 2015, 10:27 am

Wow. 7 minute game. 3 bp's saved.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by CAS Mon 14 Sep 2015, 10:28 am

I hope every service game of Fed's isn't like that Shocked Shocked 5

CAS

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon 14 Sep 2015, 10:28 am

That was shaky. Not a good start, but survived.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Mon 14 Sep 2015, 10:29 am

that was pretty smooth, Fed better click quick quick

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Mon 14 Sep 2015, 10:30 am

oh dear...

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Mon 14 Sep 2015, 10:31 am

30-40... 110 mph first serve down the middle...

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Sep 2015, 10:33 am

No first serves from Federer and break. Federer half baked.

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Mon 14 Sep 2015, 10:33 am

wow... broken, and tbh broken EASILY. First long point. Good effort by Fed but no matter the power he put on the ball he couldnt get close

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by CAS Mon 14 Sep 2015, 10:33 am

First serve isn't there

CAS

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon 14 Sep 2015, 10:33 am

Oh dear, this could get ugly.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by ZZ Mon 14 Sep 2015, 10:33 am

lol i'm gonna enjoy this

epic beatdown coming up

ZZ

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Mon 14 Sep 2015, 10:34 am

Novak is winning this in three.

Roger has no chance

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Mon 14 Sep 2015, 10:35 am

not yet, Breaks not a break till you hold, but Roger needs to wake up!

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Sep 2015, 10:36 am

Djokovic slip sliding over.

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Mon 14 Sep 2015, 10:38 am

break back, that fall looked a little painful

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by CAS Mon 14 Sep 2015, 10:38 am

This is tense already

CAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Sep 2015, 10:39 am

Federer breaks back, all back on serve, Federer finding his first serves, and Djokovic losing blood.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next