The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Typical New York Guido Aholes notwithstanding what a final

2 posters

Go down

Typical New York Guido Aholes notwithstanding what a final Empty Typical New York Guido Aholes notwithstanding what a final

Post by socal1976 Mon 14 Sep 2015, 4:59 am

Of course I enjoyed it because Novak won. But I really have to give credit to Federer, he probably should have won this match if he played just a tad better on break point, which quite frankly he was pathetic on. Have to give a lot of the credit for that to Novak who did play his best on the points that really mattered. Still Roger really is not that far away from getting another slam, I think he played this match in front of anyone not named Djokovic he probably wins.

As for Novak another spectacular performance. This season shows that 2011 was not a fluke and that he is truly a dominant champion in his own right. The crowd was atrocious and abused the etiquette and rules of tennis. He played the big points well and displayed some returns that where jaw dropping. The sustained pressure of Novak's high quality returns neutralizing even quality Federer serves broke Roger down eventually.

Have to say very happy with this result in that all hardcourt season Novak had seemed to lack something. But now he is rightfully in the double digit slam category right up there with the absolute elite of the game. And he looks like he could add more because quite frankly I think he beat the world number while playing an at best very average match. After the first set his first serve was much streakier than it usually was. While I think Federer played a good match except thankfully on BP. So I think he has to take confidence from this win because he won the USO while rarely hitting his top gear.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Typical New York Guido Aholes notwithstanding what a final Empty Re: Typical New York Guido Aholes notwithstanding what a final

Post by Henman Bill Mon 14 Sep 2015, 5:04 am

Fed can take confidence in a way, but..it's three slam final defeats in a row to the same player and no slam for 3 years.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down