Madeleine McCann - Met police granted another £2m to continue search !!

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Madeleine McCann - Met police granted another £2m to continue search !! Empty Madeleine McCann - Met police granted another £2m to continue search !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 11:29 am

Every parent's worse nightmare and my heart goes out to the MCCann's.... although the thought of leaving my kids in a hotel room and going to dinner is alien to me.....BUT no one is perfect.....

The £2million will bring the running total spent to £12 million and as children get abducted over here every year by people they either know or by strangers one does question the wisdom of spending more resources that could be better used searching for fresher cases......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann - Met police granted another £2m to continue search !! Empty Re: Madeleine McCann - Met police granted another £2m to continue search !!

Post by Duty281 on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 11:30 am

This thread will be deleted soon!

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann - Met police granted another £2m to continue search !! Empty Re: Madeleine McCann - Met police granted another £2m to continue search !!

Post by Alistair on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 11:31 am

God yeah. This will kick off quicker than the 9/11 thread.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 11:34 am

I was hoping we could discuss it like grownups.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 11:35 am

Ah, I just meant that any thread about Madeline McCann will get binned straight away for seemingly no reason.

Not just this forum, but a few others as well.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 11:39 am

It's a sensitive issue............I can't feel anything but sympathy for the Parents but I do question the resources spent on such a long shot...

One does also wonder If in some eyes....some lives are "worth" more than others !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 11:50 am

I feel no sympathy for the Parent's. I'm on the side of people who reckon they are responsible.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 11:55 am

Think we need to temper the resentment of many that because they shouldn't have left Maddy in the room like they did and they subsequently got huge amounts of monetary support in the aftermath........They are somehow complicit in the crime....

I for one don't believe for one minute thay are involved..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Shoe on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 11:56 am

Alistair wrote:I feel no sympathy for the Parent's. I'm on the side of people who reckon they are responsible.

The kidnappers side?

Dr Shoe
Dr Shoe
Dr Shoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 11:56 am

Problem with this Truss is there are alot of things about the case that don't sit well, or make sense.

Probably best to stick to topic. I can't see that we can justify the £2m further.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 11:57 am

Dr Shoe wrote:
Alistair wrote:I feel no sympathy for the Parent's. I'm on the side of people who reckon they are responsible.

The kidnappers side?

Who says she was kidnapped?

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 12:00 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Think we need to temper the resentment of many that because they shouldn't have left Maddy in the room like they did and they subsequently got huge amounts of monetary support in the aftermath........They are somehow complicit in the crime....

I for one don't believe for one minute thay are involved..
bridges for sale... get yer bridges here

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 12:02 pm

Alistair wrote:Problem with this Truss is there are alot of things about the case that don't sit well, or make sense.

Probably best to stick to topic. I can't see that we can justify the  £2m further.

Could you be more specific.............As long as you don't make unsubstantiated allegations then it shouldn't be a problem..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 12:03 pm

Just a quick reminder to everyone to  stay respectful. No charges have been made on either side, so please dont go throwing around opinions like they are fact and the thread will be allowed to stay.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 12:05 pm

The ins and outs are not the subject so if we can stay away from that then don't see why we can't have a discussion on more money being allocated.

For me it's a no-no, people are abucted in this country and we don't spend that much money on them, if they wanted to do something then the money should go to a central agncy that looks into these things, not just one case that a lot of people have issues with anyway (not getting into them)

Will wait and see what happens the next time this goes on as i' betting they won't get nearly the same support (especially if it's from a council estate/'undesirable' family)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 12:08 pm

Remember I was driving with red listening to the radio and there was a phone in about this case......and the host got roasted for implying that If it had been a working class single mother out in a nightclub no one would have given her diddly squat to look for her child........

Must admit I did sympathise with this view whilst red thought I was talking bollox..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 12:11 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Alistair wrote:Problem with this Truss is there are alot of things about the case that don't sit well, or make sense.

Probably best to stick to topic. I can't see that we can justify the  £2m further.

Could you be more specific.............As long as you don't make unsubstantiated allegations then it shouldn't be a problem..

This has always been my bugbear, Truss...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/2500864/Madeleine-McCann-Kate-McCann-refused-to-answer-48-questions-from-Portuguese-police.html

Whether it's unsubstantiated or not, here's been no denial from her side that she never answered the questions.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 12:17 pm

Derbymanc wrote:The ins and outs are not the subject so if we can stay away from that then don't see why we can't have a discussion on more money being allocated.

For me it's a no-no, people are abucted in this country and we don't spend that much money on them, if they wanted to do something then the money should go to a central agncy that looks into these things, not just one case that a lot of people have issues with anyway (not getting into them)

Will wait and see what happens the next time this goes on as i' betting they won't get nearly the same support (especially if it's from a council estate/'undesirable' family)

Agree with the sentiments here, though, in all honestly, how many cases in the last 10 years are unsolved?

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 12:24 pm

I'd love to know actually Alistair and how many kidnapping cases have their been since this happened.

I 100 percent agree with you Truss, different background would equal a completely difference way of looking at it, especially with the way the country looks at those 'beneath' them these days. I will never understand it though as I wouldn't leave my 2 on their own if I was running up to the shop 5 mins away in broad daylight

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 3:22 pm

https://www.gov.uk/law-on-leaving-your-child-home-alone

Leaving a child unattended at home is a crime in this country.

The McCanns are guilty of that if nothing else. They should be prosecuted for that level of negligence that contributed to their daughter going missing.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 8:38 am

Another £2m? Fair play for the McCann's for keeping it in the tabloids etc and therefore getting this sort of result but worth it? Not sure. Hard not to think that for others, there might not be extra millions to continue a search.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 9:27 am

There must be parents all over the country who's children have been lost for longer wondering why they haven't been given £2m to search for their lost ones....let alone getting into how the child was lost this is grossly unfair.

Hope the kid is found, but let's be honest at this stage it's highly unlikely
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 10:24 am

I don't think they should get any more money at this stage unless new compelling evidence comes to light, if it was a child who's parents were on jobseekers allowance i doubt this would be happening

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 10:48 am

IF she was abducted then I have 100% sympathy with the Mccann's. I won't criticise them as I don't know what they're going through, and never want to know.

Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 10:58 am

I don't see how it can be justified. If she's still alive, her new parents are arguably doing a better job than the old ones.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 11:01 am

wheelchair1991 wrote:I don't think they should get any more money at this stage unless new compelling evidence comes to light, if it was a child who's parents were on jobseekers allowance i doubt this would be happening

The other two kids would have been taken away if the McCann's lived on a council estate in Barnsley.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 11:05 am

Has anyone considered 'Stockholm Syndrome' in this?

IF she was kidnapped, she's spent 8 years with her captors, it's plausible that she may actually relate to them as parents more so than her biological parents. She's 12 years old, she won't really have any memories of when she was young.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 11:07 am

Thats IF she went to a new home and not a paedo ring

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 11:12 am

Well, yea, there is that.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 12:06 pm

I thought they had to be declared brown bread after a certain period of time unless there was evidence otherwise. Same for passengers of MH370

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 12:12 pm

7 years I believe, sean.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 12:17 pm

I say she is already, poor girl

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 12:37 pm

I think after seven years you can apply for someone to be officially declared dead rather than it automatically happening.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 12:42 pm

I believe you are correct.

The McCann's could apply for this now.

In the case of MH370, Sean. They can be declared dead after a shorter period of time because of the circumstances.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 1:31 pm

I can't see them doing that tbh

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 1:37 pm

I read that the search is to end in 6 months. Where are they searching anyway? Would've thought all leads have been exhausted.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 1:45 pm

The last lead was that body in Australia and before that I couldn't even tell you, are the parents still looking actively? have they got Private investigators looking with Scotland Yard?

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 2:10 pm

I think the police just release a murmur about a new lead every so often, and carry on with their holiday in the Algarve.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 2:30 pm

Read an article where 72 hours is considered the cut off point in child kidnap cases..

After that they hope for the best but fear the worst..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 2:33 pm

94% are recovered children are found within 72 hours apparently.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 2:49 pm

They hired a Private Investigator from the US. Cost them about £500,000 which came from the Madeline fund.

The thing is, the only real evidence they've had has been linked to the parents. And that was apparently corrupted by the Portuguese police.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 2:54 pm

If I'd killed my kid...I wouldn't spend all my time lobbying to keep the investigation open..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 2:55 pm

Didn't the 2 sniffer dogs find something in the apartment and their rental car

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 2:56 pm

Dicey Reilly wrote:Didn't the 2 sniffer dogs find something in the apartment and their rental car
Apparently it smelt a cadaver, yes.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 2:57 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:If I'd killed my kid...I wouldn't spend all my time lobbying to keep the investigation open..

Are the lobbying for it though or are the police still going as it is a high profile case

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 2:57 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:If I'd killed my kid...I wouldn't spend all my time lobbying to keep the investigation open..
You would if that alone was evidence of your innocence.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 2:58 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Dicey Reilly wrote:Didn't the 2 sniffer dogs find something in the apartment and their rental car

Didn't they also find blood and hair?

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 2:59 pm

Alistair wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

Didn't they also find blood and hair?
That I don't remember. Blood in the cupboard sounds right.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 3:01 pm

Might look a bit odd, if they didn't spend their time looking?
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 3:02 pm

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id161.html

there ya go

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum