Madeleine McCann - Met police granted another £2m to continue search !!

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Madeleine McCann - Met police granted another £2m to continue search !! - Page 4 Empty Madeleine McCann - Met police granted another £2m to continue search !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 11:29 am

First topic message reminder :

Every parent's worse nightmare and my heart goes out to the MCCann's.... although the thought of leaving my kids in a hotel room and going to dinner is alien to me.....BUT no one is perfect.....

The £2million will bring the running total spent to £12 million and as children get abducted over here every year by people they either know or by strangers one does question the wisdom of spending more resources that could be better used searching for fresher cases......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann - Met police granted another £2m to continue search !! - Page 4 Empty Re: Madeleine McCann - Met police granted another £2m to continue search !!

Post by rodders on Tue 28 Feb 2017, 11:27 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
rodders wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Wonder with some of the McCann are guilty brigade whether the likeability factor comes in...She seems to have the emotional range of a dead fish.

Nope - one look at the unanswered questions in the police interview will do it. Once you realize that is just the tip of the ice berg there can be no doubt.

As said previously it is the extent of the alleged cover up, and who is involved, that is the real story here.

Wasn't referring to you...........I was thinking of people who haven't dug into the case....

Body language is important in a digital age........

Yea I mean I recall she did ship a lot of criticism for lack of emotion - certainly they aren't the most likable but always thought that was unfair and cruel at the time.

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann - Met police granted another £2m to continue search !! - Page 4 Empty Re: Madeleine McCann - Met police granted another £2m to continue search !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 28 Feb 2017, 12:35 pm

My worry is that millions of pounds are/have being/been spent on the long shot of finding Maddie...(Let's pray she is alive) when there are probably more encouraging cases about..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Sun 12 Mar 2017, 8:25 am

Being reported another 85k is going into this investigation...........

Why isn't that money being used for other missing person cases?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 10:39 am

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Being reported another 85k is going into this investigation...........

Why isn't that money being used for other missing person cases?

One would think enough money has been spent now...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders on Wed 03 May 2017, 10:07 am

So on the 10th anniversary the cover up continues.

Recently I heard a theory, not without some evidence that would explain the "alleged" involvement of MI5 and the UK goverment and media in covering up what really happened here.... probably best not posting but can be found easily with a bit of research.... hopefully someday the truth will come out but I suspect it will be for some historical inquiry....
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight on Wed 03 May 2017, 10:48 am

The conspiracy theories around this are very strange. Why would the agencies you mention cover it up? For whose benefit?

Doesn't seem like a massive leap from these conspiracy theories to the claims that Sandy Hook never happened and the kids that died never existed.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf on Wed 03 May 2017, 10:52 am

superflyweight wrote:The conspiracy theories around this are very strange.  Why would the agencies you mention cover it up?  For whose benefit?  

Doesn't seem like a massive leap from these conspiracy theories to the claims that Sandy Hook never happened and the kids that died never existed.  
Pressure from influential people I guess. I wouldn't focus on that angle anyway.

What evidence is there of a kidnap? I'd repeat my earlier post:

http://www.606v2.com/t60629p50-madeleine-mccann-met-police-granted-another-2m-to-continue-search#3158235

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight on Wed 03 May 2017, 11:30 am

I'm not disputing that there's a mystery around what actually happened.

I'd just question any assertion that successive governments, the secret service, the Met and the media have all conspired to cover up what actually happened. Why would they do that?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey on Wed 03 May 2017, 12:03 pm

The only reason I can think of is they discovered it late and decided to cover it up because of the amount of money they had already spent on the case, but that's ridiculous.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight on Wed 03 May 2017, 12:17 pm

The media would have a field day with a story like that.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders on Wed 03 May 2017, 1:49 pm

superflyweight wrote:I'm not disputing that there's a mystery around what actually happened.  

I'd just question any assertion that successive governments, the secret service, the Met and the media have all conspired to cover up what actually happened.  Why would they do that?  

I'll give you a clue. There was a very recent case similar to this, were someone very high profile got away with some pretty heinous acts for many years, decades even despite it being widely known in certain circles and was covered up by the media and authorities.

Actually there are numerous examples out there, so this is not without precedent. If you do a bit of casual research around Robert Murat it all should fall into place quite quickly.

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey on Wed 03 May 2017, 2:05 pm

But the McCanns weren't high profile until this case. Jimmy Saville got into a high profile position and then abused this position. What do the authorities have to gain from covering up the McCanns? Not to mention the Saville case was also a matter of so many people being involved, probably to a greater extent than has already been revealed. Unless you're suggesting that there is also a spate of covered up kidnappings as well?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf on Wed 03 May 2017, 2:11 pm

Crimey wrote:But the McCanns weren't high profile until this case. Jimmy Saville got into a high profile position and then abused this position. What do the authorities have to gain from covering up the McCanns? Not to mention the Saville case was also a matter of so many people being involved, probably to a greater extent than has already been revealed. Unless you're suggesting that there is also a spate of covered up kidnappings as well?
I don't think you've understood his implication. It's not to do with whether they are high profile or not (although they do apparently have connections in high places) but what was covered up. i.e. implications in the Gaspar statements. Unless I've read him wrong.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders on Wed 03 May 2017, 2:20 pm

Crimey wrote:But the McCanns weren't high profile until this case. Jimmy Saville got into a high profile position and then abused this position. What do the authorities have to gain from covering up the McCanns? Not to mention the Saville case was also a matter of so many people being involved, probably to a greater extent than has already been revealed. Unless you're suggesting that there is also a spate of covered up kidnappings as well?

You think Saville was covered up because he was well known?

The McCanns may not have been known to the public but they and their firends were pretty well connected to the upper echelons on British society. What might they have known that would interest MI5 to get involved I wonder....
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight on Wed 03 May 2017, 2:36 pm

Read some of the stuff on Murat there. Some it reads like the mad ramblings of a paranoid teen.

'Satanic Illuminati'. Christ on a bike!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders on Wed 03 May 2017, 2:44 pm

superflyweight wrote:Read some of the stuff on Murat there.  Some it reads like the mad ramblings of a paranoid teen.  

'Satanic Illuminati'.  Christ on a bike!

Ok maybe that one is stretching it a bit!
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight on Wed 03 May 2017, 2:59 pm

To be honest - other than a basic understanding of the various theories, I haven't read into the case to any great degree.

I'm just always sceptical as to any claims of multi-agency conspiracy, particularly when there doesn't seem to be any great reason for it.

I take your point about Saville - although its clear that the attitude of society generally and key institutions in the 60's and 70's was wildly different from now. Saville benefited from a combination of naiveté on one hand and on the other hand - a prevailing viewpoint amongst certain institutions that what he was doing was either harmless or (more sinisterly) that they were aware of the full extent of his crimes and approved of them.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted on Wed 03 May 2017, 3:01 pm

I'd go along with Superfly's' assertion that it was Jesus Christ on his bicycle. If there's one person who could have got away with it it would be Jesus and you could easily fit a kid in the storage bit of one of those Pret delivery bikes.

Superfly is not the greater of the two 'flys for nothing.
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted on Wed 03 May 2017, 3:03 pm

Domino's motorbikes as well, you could probably fit a couple of kids in the back of one of those. And the always have an L sticker to keep the coppers off the trail.
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight on Wed 03 May 2017, 3:05 pm

No way Jesus worked for Pret though Galted.

He was a hipster - he'd have been working for some independent artisan patisserie that only sold sourdough and marble ryes from a barge located in a constantly moving secret location somewhere near Camden Lock.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted on Wed 03 May 2017, 3:09 pm

I didn't mean that he worked for Pret, I was just giving examples of bicycles which could be used for concealing a kid. The Upper Crust bicycle is another which could've been used.
I do agree that he'd work in Camden though, but more than likely handing out pamphlets or busking.
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted on Wed 03 May 2017, 3:10 pm

*DISCLAIMER*
I would just like to make it very clear that, despite my previous post, I do NOT consider busking to be work.
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf on Fri 15 Mar 2019, 2:19 pm

There's a Netflix documentary out today on this...not seen it yet.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Sun 05 May 2019, 9:14 am

Just as the investigation is looking for more funding..

A new suspect has been uncovered after 12 years..

Shock horror...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly on Mon 06 May 2019, 12:45 am

The boy who cried wolf............

Probably one of the first Reality TV shows. Everyone knew their roles perfectly, and still do. Winter is coming. Final season approaching?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 14 May 2019, 9:21 am

Seems to be a distinct lack of enthusiasm coming from the Portuguese police for this new suspect...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts on Tue 14 May 2019, 10:15 am

Perhaps they have no credible reason to think he had anything to do with it?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 13 Sep 2019, 1:50 pm

Just before their latest request for funding a hitherto unknown German suspect came to the fore after ten years...

Strangely enough nothing since..

Amazing case where everybody seems a suspect apart from the obvious people..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum