Madeleine McCann - Met police granted another £2m to continue search !!

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Madeleine McCann - Met police granted another £2m to continue search !! - Page 2 Empty Madeleine McCann - Met police granted another £2m to continue search !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 11:29 am

First topic message reminder :

Every parent's worse nightmare and my heart goes out to the MCCann's.... although the thought of leaving my kids in a hotel room and going to dinner is alien to me.....BUT no one is perfect.....

The £2million will bring the running total spent to £12 million and as children get abducted over here every year by people they either know or by strangers one does question the wisdom of spending more resources that could be better used searching for fresher cases......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann - Met police granted another £2m to continue search !! - Page 2 Empty Re: Madeleine McCann - Met police granted another £2m to continue search !!

Post by Alistair on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 3:03 pm

Dicey Reilly wrote:http://www.mccannfiles.com/id161.html

there ya go

Was just looking at that myself.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann - Met police granted another £2m to continue search !! - Page 2 Empty Re: Madeleine McCann - Met police granted another £2m to continue search !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 3:04 pm

Stella wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:If I'd killed my kid...I wouldn't spend all my time lobbying to keep the investigation open..

Might look a bit odd, if they didn't spend their time looking?

Not after all this time..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 3:13 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Stella wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:If I'd killed my kid...I wouldn't spend all my time lobbying to keep the investigation open..

Might look a bit odd, if they didn't spend their time looking?

Not after all this time..

Not just about time though, is it? They have all that money donated to them from members of the public towards finding her. I would imagine if they stop looking they won't have access to that money.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 3:18 pm

Can't believe the British police wouldn't have had access to the evidence against the McCann's..

They obviously don't see a case.....I'd put more faith in them than the Portuguese..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 3:22 pm

Madelines Fund is a Limited Company that was set up 3 days after she went missing.

The British Police have been over there 33 times since she went missing. They reckon they have a list of 38 suspects. I struggle to believe that, considering some of them are Internationally known Paedophiles from other countries.

The car which had her DNA and Blood in it, was apparently used by 30 of their close friends and family in the weeks after her disappearance.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 3:26 pm

Not interested in the Ltd company stuff...But my point remains that the Brit police don't think the McCann's are guilty..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 3:27 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Not interested in the Ltd company stuff...But my point remains that the Brit police don't think the McCann's are guilty..
What evidence have they actually uncovered in their investigations?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 3:27 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Not interested in the Ltd company stuff...But my point remains that the Brit police don't think the McCann's are guilty..

Says who?

The list of 38 suspects includes 12 Brits. The McCann's could be in that 12, but without evidence the police can't do anything.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 3:29 pm

To read some of the posts on here you'd think it was an open and shut case..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 3:33 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:To read some of the posts on here you'd think it was an open and shut case..
Not really, but all of the evidence seem to at least hint in one direction. It doesn't seem like it's been handled or coordinated very well. 8 years of investigation and they have very few facts. The newest theory (a burglary gone wrong) seems to be supported by absolutely nothing.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 3:35 pm

I say the Tapas 7 make up most of the British list of suspects, if the police think they are innocent they why not do them on child neglect, they didn't because of the case turning into a media circus and the public outcry at the time would have been too much for them to handle

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 3:36 pm

Scottrf wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:To read some of the posts on here you'd think it was an open and shut case..
Not really, but all of the evidence seem to at least hint in one direction. It doesn't seem like it's been handled or coordinated very well. 8 years of investigation and they have very few facts. The newest theory (a burglary gone wrong) seems to be supported by absolutely nothing.

I think you've got a point there..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 3:42 pm

The mother looks dodgy.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 3:45 pm

I get the feeling we'll still be none the wiser in 20 years time.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 3:47 pm

We will never know unless they catch who did it or if the McCanns did it and crack down the line or one of the cronies do

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 3:56 pm

Problem is no body means no DNA..

Any circumstantial case surely would have been made by now....Whoever did it I imagine didn't leave prints in the apartment.  Which does tend to the view of a certain level of pre meditation unless it was the McCann's.

I take it they had left the kids in the apartment on previous nights ??...In which case the perpetrator probably saw a pattern of opportunity. .

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 4:00 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ....)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 4:25 pm

According to the Mail, they left them for three hours for four nights in a row to keep them in a routine, the mind really boggles picard

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 4:32 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Problem is no body means no DNA..

Any circumstantial case surely would have been made by now....Whoever did it I imagine didn't leave prints in the apartment.  Which does tend to the view of a certain level of pre meditation unless it was the McCann's.

I take it they had left the kids in the apartment on previous nights ??...In which case the perpetrator probably saw a pattern of opportunity. .

Thing is, any apparent DNA (blood in the car, hair, blood on childrens toys) was allegedly mishandled by Portuguese Police. Kate reportedly sad she was offered a plea bargain to confess, which she turned down saying 'she wasn't a murderer' and blamed it on the archaic Portuguese laws on Paedophiles. Since then, in fairness, the Portuguese have tried to do their job with nothing but interference from Scotland Yard, the Met and PI's. The McCann's even appealed to the FBI to get involved.

There was no sign of forced entry into the apartment.

Don't think they had been left alone before.

This is the timeline of the 'Tapas 7' that night...

1730: Kate and Gerry McCann pick up their three children from afternoon tea at the Ocean Club

1800: Gerry begins a game of tennis with other guests

1840: David Payne checks on Kate and the children, at Gerry's request and sees Madeleine

1900: Gerry finishes playing tennis

2035: Kate and Gerry McCann arrive at the Ocean Club's tapas restaurant

2105: Gerry checks on his children, and sees Madeleine alive and well

2115: Having left the table to check on her own children, Jane Tanner sees a man carrying a child, close to the McCanns' apartment

2130: Matthew Oldfield checks on the McCanns' apartment. Hearing no noise from the children's bedroom, he assumes all is well and leaves without seeing Madeleine

2200: Kate McCann checks on her children. Madeleine is gone.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 4:40 pm

Didn't Tanner's testimony as to what she saw change over time ??

Remember something about a chief witness not being too reliable.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 4:42 pm

Apparently Tanner's testimony conflicted with other reports.

There was another witness, the Smith family, whose testimony was supressed.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 4:44 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Didn't Tanner's testimony as to what she saw change over time ??

Remember something about a chief witness not being too reliable.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id222.html

That's an interview Tanner did in 2008.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 4:45 pm

Was it vastly different and controversial Scotty ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 4:46 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Was it vastly different and controversial  Scotty  ??
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2478087/Why-Madeleine-McCann-suspect-E-fits-kept-secret-5-years.html

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 4:48 pm

Will give it a look

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 4:50 pm

Scottrf wrote:Apparently Tanner's testimony conflicted with other reports.

Smith was the suspect that Tanner claims was carrying Maddie?

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 4:50 pm

It is strange...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 4:53 pm

Alistair wrote:

No, a witness, not a suspect. Saw a man carrying a child.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 4:57 pm

I don't know how David Payne (one of the McCanns friends) hasn't been questioned more

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id236.html

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 4:57 pm

The photofit looks a bit like Maddy's dad....I imagine that was the source of controversy.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 4:58 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Alistair wrote:

No, a witness, not a suspect. Saw a man carrying a child.

Ah!

Here you go Truss - http://www.mccannfiles.com/id162.html

It also contains more of Tanner's inconsistencies.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 23 Sep 2015, 4:18 pm

Watched some of a 4hr doc on this last night on youtube.. and I must say it was quite damning

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 23 Sep 2015, 4:20 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair on Wed 23 Sep 2015, 4:24 pm

32,000, Congrats Truss.

What was the doc?

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 23 Sep 2015, 4:36 pm

It's 4 hrs so it must narrow it down..

The bit I watched was about cadaver dogs in the McCann's hotel room..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf on Wed 23 Sep 2015, 4:41 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Watched some of a 4hr doc on this last night on youtube.. and I must say it was quite damning
I genuinely think everything points in the same direction.

How can claiming for example that the blinds were broken and the window forcibly entered be anything other than deliberate misinformation?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 23 Sep 2015, 4:44 pm

The McCann's seem to be well connected..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump on Wed 23 Sep 2015, 4:45 pm

It all points at them, so why don't the police actively investigate them and stop wasting money on a search that in the end of the day will never find anything

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf on Wed 23 Sep 2015, 4:49 pm

Dicey Reilly wrote:It all points at them, so why don't the police actively investigate them and stop wasting money on a search that in the end of the day will never find anything
They were, they were made suspects until the guy leading the investigation was taken off the case.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair on Wed 23 Sep 2015, 4:51 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It's 4 hrs so it must narrow it down..

I don't have a list of them and their running times.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 23 Sep 2015, 4:51 pm

The cadaver dogs apparently showed interest in the McCann's car..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 23 Sep 2015, 4:52 pm

Alistair wrote:

"The true story of Madeleine McCann"

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair on Wed 23 Sep 2015, 4:53 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Alistair wrote:

"The true story of Madeleine McCann"

Thanks.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump on Wed 23 Sep 2015, 4:57 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Dicey Reilly wrote:It all points at them, so why don't the police actively investigate them and stop wasting money on a search that in the end of the day will never find anything

They were, they were made suspects until the guy leading the investigation was taken off the case.

He has since wrote a book damning them and they got the book blocked (I was talking about the British police real Wink )

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 23 Sep 2015, 5:10 pm

Only blocked in this Country...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted on Wed 23 Sep 2015, 8:58 pm

When it turned out to be a shut and open case.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 25 Sep 2015, 10:47 am

Seems an awful lot of weight in this case has been put on the Tanner sighting at 9.15 pm......

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf on Fri 25 Sep 2015, 12:02 pm

Literally every piece of testimony from the tapas 7 conflicts with another of the group or someone else.

Nothing they say is consistent, and they often changed their memories based on police reports.

Firstly they say the blinds are broken, then they have to retract the statement. They say the abductor came in through the door, and out through the window. 1. Why? 2. No evidence of disturbance to the window other than Kate's fingerprints.
They say that the curtains were blown open by wind but in the photo taken by police are clearly drawn back.
First Gerry was injured at 4.30 so couldn't play tennis, next he's playing a tournament at 6.
There was initially no mention of David Payne going to the room about 6.30. Then he does but accounts of his visit wildly differ depending on who tell it, and about 5 different reasons are given for it at different times. He is supposed to be the last independent witness to see Madeleine alive.
The Portuguese (and initial English police investigation) cast serious doubt on the reliability of their version of events.
All of these differences are despite the fact that police went against normally protocol and allowed Kate to sit in while Gerry was giving statements.
They set up a find Madeleine fund, but all the expenditure is on legal costs, not a search. This was also given as the main reason for the fund by a key member in an early interview. Why did they think that this would be needed, before they were made suspects?
When the dogs find the smell of a cadaver and blood, they aren't concerned than maybe an abductor killed her, they only try to dismiss the reliability of them. Why would that be your reaction?
Independent witnesses saw a man matching the description of Gerry carrying a child at a time which matches up better with other events than the Tanner report. Yet this isn't given the same focus.
The focus seems to now be on a burglary gone wrong. Yet nothing else was taken.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump on Fri 25 Sep 2015, 12:18 pm

The burglary gone wrong just doesn't add up, nothing else was taken, there was no sign of the place being tossed and why in earth if the burglar take Maddie if he killed her by mistake, if I was the said burglar panic would set in and I would be gone as fast as I could and taking the body would be the last thing on my mind for a fast get away

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 25 Sep 2015, 12:31 pm

Hope the kid is still alive...Stranger things have happened

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump on Fri 25 Sep 2015, 12:36 pm

Thats what I was trying to get at in another post, they can't be obvious to all these facts they are not stupid but they just don't want to go for the McCann's or the rest of the Tapas 7 for some reason, is it political? are they waiting for the right moment? are the being investigated for something else and don't want to tread on an other organisations toes?

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 25 Sep 2015, 12:44 pm

Have to be careful with documentaries either pro or against..

Narratives and all that

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum