The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man Utd - The Gaalacticos thread

+23
Born Slippy
nadeem2099
Scott is Back
Crimey
spencerclarke
kenn20152014
Shot 21 LCFC
Liam
x12x
seanmichaels
compelling and rich
mystiroakey
GSC
Hammersmith harrier
Good Golly I'm Olly
The Special Juan
hampo17
Fernando
Hero
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Dolphin Ziggler
Ent
kingraf
27 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Man Utd - The Gaalacticos thread - Page 4 Empty Man Utd - The Gaalacticos thread

Post by kingraf Sat 30 Aug 2014, 6:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

Didn't catch the match but I assume United were not that great? Two goals in three matches... for all the criticism given to the backline, the forwards have not covered themselves in glory
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Man Utd - The Gaalacticos thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Man Utd - The Gaalacticos thread

Post by Ent Fri 22 Jul 2016, 2:29 pm

3-0, dembele skint shaw then rojo (both put on their arses) then blasted in at the near post.

Great goal, horrible defending.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Man Utd - The Gaalacticos thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Man Utd - The Gaalacticos thread

Post by Ent Fri 22 Jul 2016, 2:30 pm

3-1, mkhitaryan tap in after mata squared it from blinds through ball.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri 22 Jul 2016, 2:37 pm

Januzaj and McNair on for blind and mkhitaryan

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri 22 Jul 2016, 2:56 pm

4-1 Castro great strike across box into top corner.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri 22 Jul 2016, 3:07 pm

Finished 4-1, absolutely hammered.

Have to hope it was just due to being at different stages of pre season, write this off and move onto Monday's game against city.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 25 Jul 2016, 7:59 pm

Friendly rained off today, probably best to avoid injury risk.

Glad of the community shield game now. Would've only had 4 pre season games but for it.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 25 Jul 2016, 8:09 pm

ive always like the charity shield as a bit of a curtain raiser. dont read too much into it but good competitive friendly style game before the season starts

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 25 Jul 2016, 8:39 pm

Think we'll need it, have galatassary in Sweden (worth that trip to China anyway...) then rooneys testimonial before it and that's pre season done.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 28 Jul 2016, 6:32 pm

Rumours are we are culling 9 players and have told them they can find new clubs.

Schweinsteiger
Borthwick Jackson
Fosu mensah
James Wilson
Paddy mc nair
Will Keane
Tyler Blackett
Pereira
Januzaj

Now some of these are to go on loan but essentially they aren't going to be involved in the first team this season. I'd hoped pereira would break through this year.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 28 Jul 2016, 8:48 pm

Id have thought he would of keep Borthwick Jackson,Fosu Mensah & Pereira even if just for cup games.

The rest i can understand tbh.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 29 Jul 2016, 11:45 am

Yeah loan out the names fernando mentioned the rest can go and won't be missed. Mourinho always liked a smaller squad.

No champions league, couldn't care less about league cup. Means there's only league and fa cup for the first teamers

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jul 2016, 11:57 am

Man Utd - The Gaalacticos thread

Shouldn't this be renamed "Man Utd - The Mourons Thread"?

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott is Back Fri 29 Jul 2016, 1:27 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Man Utd - The Gaalacticos thread

Oh dear Dave... Wink

On a lighter note, just saw Klopp on Sky Sports saying how it was terrible spending £100m on a player...(failed to mention it was worse to spend
the same on southampton, norwich and villa players...) Shocked

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jul 2016, 1:39 pm

Scott is Back wrote:

Oh dear Dave... Wink

On a lighter note, just saw Klopp on Sky Sports saying how it was terrible spending £100m on a player...(failed to mention it was worse to spend
Depends how Pogba does though doesn't it? Is he likely to buck the recent trend of vanity buys that do little more than ensure healthy shirt sales? Whatever he does, given the price tag, he's going to have to have a better first season than Suarez did at Barca when they won the treble for him to be considered even remotely successful...in fact, for the money they've paid I'd expect him to be so good that UEFA kick a team out of the CL and beg Utd to take their place

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott is Back Fri 29 Jul 2016, 1:48 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Scott is Back wrote:

Oh dear Dave... Wink

Depends how Pogba does though doesn't it? Is he likely to buck the recent trend of vanity buys that do little more than ensure healthy shirt sales? Whatever he does, given the price tag, he's going to have to have a better first season than Suarez did at Barca when they won the treble for him to be considered even remotely successful...in fact, for the money they've paid I'd expect him to be so good that UEFA kick a team out of the CL and beg Utd to take their place

Ha - I agree...but feel that he is not overrated, more that he is overpriced, its going to be around the £90m mark, but is he necessarily any worse than Bale who cost similair? Sterling for £50m? Stones for £50m? Not to take a shot at liverpool, but Mane & Benteke were severely overpriced....is it just the way the game is going now?

Lets be honest, its raining money in the EPL....but the one thing that irks me, is £20m to his bloody agent!! mad

(lets base this on his Juve form, not the Euro's in which he played a role that is not to his strengths.

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jul 2016, 1:54 pm

Scott is Back wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Scott is Back wrote:

Oh dear Dave... Wink

Ha - I agree...but feel that he is not overrated, more that he is overpriced, its going to be around the £90m mark, but is he necessarily any worse than Bale who cost similair? Sterling for £50m? Stones for £50m? Not to take a shot at liverpool, but Mane & Benteke were severely overpriced....is it just the way the game is going now?

Lets be honest, its raining money in the EPL....but the one thing that irks me, is £20m to his bloody agent!!  mad  

(lets base this on his Juve form, not the Euro's in which he played a role that is not to his strengths.
Agree with Benteke but Mane's price tag is symptomatic of the stupid money in the EPL. Of course if he does well, I'd expect to hear people singing, (to the tune of "For the love of Money") "Mane, Mane, Mane, Mane, Mane, Mane (then in a ridiculous falsetto) MANE!!!!!

If he's cr*p I expect to hear Dire Straits', "Mane for Nothing"

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott is Back Fri 29 Jul 2016, 2:02 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Scott is Back wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Scott is Back wrote:

Oh dear Dave... Wink

Lets be honest, its raining money in the EPL....but the one thing that irks me, is £20m to his bloody agent!!  mad  

Agree with Benteke but Mane's price tag is symptomatic of the stupid money in the EPL. Of course if he does well, I'd expect to hear people singing, (to the tune of "For the love of Money") "Mane, Mane, Mane, Mane, Mane, Mane (then in a ridiculous falsetto) MANE!!!!!

Smile Well in a couple of weeks, all will start to become clear! I would wish you all the best for the season, but we both know i hope you get relegated Whistle thumbsup

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jul 2016, 2:05 pm

Scott is Back wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Scott is Back wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Scott is Back wrote:

Oh dear Dave... Wink

Smile Well in a couple of weeks, all will start to become clear! I would wish you all the best for the season, but we both know i hope you get relegated Whistle thumbsup
Thanks, and I hope your lot implode so badly that the infighting and b!tching makes "Keeping up with the Kardashians" look like an episode of "Songs of Praise" as we sit and watch Chelsea park the bus all the way to the title

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 31 Jul 2016, 1:07 pm

5-2 vs gala.

Just saw goals, very poor defending from a set piece for one we conceded.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sun 31 Jul 2016, 1:32 pm

defence is a worry, but our only defender last season smalling hasn't played yet. think he organises our defence better than any of the others. hopefully bailley will settle down and make a decent partnership with him otherwise we have a glaring weakness

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 31 Jul 2016, 2:53 pm

Bailly looks good to me, a bit rash but he's defender strongly in his one on ones. Something that impressed me about him is he clearly likes to try and play it out but just boots it if the pressures on. Hopefully he'll end up being a good purchase.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 03 Aug 2016, 8:31 pm

Playing Everton in rooneys testimonial.

De gea
Valencia Bailly blind shaw
Herrera Carrick
Lingard Rooney martial
Zlatan

Uninspiring stuff so far, no creativity.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 03 Aug 2016, 8:55 pm

0-0 at half time, insipid stuff. Dominant but no cutting edge at all.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 03 Aug 2016, 9:03 pm

looked poor preseason so far. not convinced with the ibra and rooney partnership up front, no pace.

weve looked good before in preseason before though and been cack in season

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Thu 04 Aug 2016, 2:27 am

Am I the only one who in a perfect world would be picking Mkhitaryan and Rashford over Rooney all day every day? I made this comment in a group chat and got shot down...

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 04 Aug 2016, 2:45 am

nope i would aswell, rooney been playing purely on reputation for quite some time.

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 04 Aug 2016, 6:52 am

He and zlatan were in each other's way last night. Dunno what the season will bring, no idea what team will look like in 10 days time.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Thu 04 Aug 2016, 2:35 pm

Ibra down the middle, Martial and Rashford down the left and right and Mkhitaryan behind Ibra for me...I appreciate what Rooney has done but everything has to end and I just feel like he holds us back...

I'd even have Mata over him in that number 10 spot and that saddens me that out captain who will probably start every match is a third choice for me personally.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 04 Aug 2016, 2:36 pm

xviperx wrote:Ibra down the middle, Martial and Rashford down the left and right and Mkhitaryan behind Ibra for me...I appreciate what Rooney has done but everything has to end and I just feel like he holds us back...

That'd be crazy attacking, particularly for a Mourinho side. 

I'm expecting Rooney by the end of the season won't be first choice.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Thu 04 Aug 2016, 2:49 pm

Wouldn't it be beautiful though?! Laugh

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Aug 2016, 5:02 pm

Be nice watching him try to renegotiate a contract and having to take a 60% pay cut

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 04 Aug 2016, 5:24 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Be nice watching him try to renegotiate a contract and having to take a 60% pay cut

where a lot of the problems stem from. he's the highest earner at the club, he had been under performing before that new contract with rvp outshining him and fergie was ready to get rid. then comes that ijict moyes and gives a player with a short shelf life a five year contract on the biggest wages. we were stuck with him then because nobody would be stupid enough to pay a player on the decline those type of wages.

lvg tried to at least shift him out of attack so he couldn't ruin anymore attacks, but didnt have the balls to drop him out right

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Thu 04 Aug 2016, 8:22 pm

Jose Mourinho should be sent to prison over his treatment of Bastian Schweinsteiger, according to a member of world players' union FifPro.

Schweinsteiger appears to have been cut out of the Manchester United first-team picture since Mourinho's arrival as manager in the summer, with reports that he has been training with the reserves.

The World Cup winner's name was conspicuous by its absence from United's squad for Wayne Rooney's testimonial against Everton at Old Trafford on Wednesday, a match in which Mourinho used 22 players.

Dejan Stefanovic, a lawyer and FifPro member from Slovenia, told BBC Sport: "It's clear bullying. In Slovenia, we would have indicted Mourinho and asked for the highest penalty -- three years in prison.

"This is clearly meant to discourage Bastian. Mourinho is setting a bad example. I would take it to the ordinary court.

"In our case, the penal code is quite clear. If there is bullying and harassment, there's a prison sanction, a maximum of three years in prison.

"Schweinsteiger should turn to the Professional Footballers' Association and he should file a complaint and I would also seek penalty for Mourinho.

"All the players of the first team have to train with the coaches of the first team at the same place, at the same time as all other teammates.

"That's something that should be applied to each and every club and should be written within FIFA regulations."

United have declined to comment on Stefanovic's remarks.

And so the Mourinho circus begins. I don't know whether to Laugh or to picard
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 04 Aug 2016, 8:25 pm

read that before, what a bizarre person dejan is

on the bastian note, i like that mourinho has clearly seen already that he is well past it and a current passenger. world cup winner or not if you cant run you haven't got a place in the first team. just need him to see rooney now

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Thu 04 Aug 2016, 8:39 pm

I don't think Mourinho's gone about this the right way tbh. If he really wanted Schweinsteiger to leave the club he should have at least let him train with the first team while he looked for another club. A player of Schweinsteiger's stature should be treated with a bit more respect imo.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 04 Aug 2016, 8:52 pm

not sure you can judge whats fair and whats not without knowing whats happened behind closed doors. he could have kicked off for all we know

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 05 Aug 2016, 9:39 am

He's not seen as a first team player so isn't training with the first team, I don't see what the issue is. It happens at every single club.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2016, 11:15 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:He's not seen as a first team player so isn't training with the first team, I don't see what the issue is. It happens at every single club.
Whilst he's not able to produce on the pitch he surely has a lot of knowledge and experience that may be of benefit to those who ARE in the first team. One would have thought they'd have enough respect for him to allow him to pass some of it on. the fact he's been poor doesn't make him a bad player per se. Still Joes's doing it his way and at least when it all comes crashing down we'll know who to blame

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 05 Aug 2016, 11:22 am

I do feel theres a more gentlemanly way of saying "I dont want you" than just sending him to the reserves.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2016, 11:32 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I do feel theres a more gentlemanly way of saying "I dont want you" than just sending him to the reserves.
Agreed, a bit of tact and diplomacy wouldn't have gone amiss...the c*nt!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2016, 12:08 pm

I thought all of this stance by Mourinho, was because several of the United players felt Schweinsteiger showed a lack of commitment to the cause last year & Van Gaal constantly allowed him frequent trips back to Germany, as he was more focuses on the Euro's, than his club. Mourinho would of known the inside goings on, seeing as he was being paid £4m already.

Yes, Bastian was a great player, but you can't live in the past. There is no doubting Jose has thhe utmost respect for the players achievements, but you have to be ruthless in this game, hence why he's a top manager. You either act weak & Bastian just sits there picking up his £150k a week or you do something about it, get him off the wage bill & bring in a replacement. Don't really see what the fuss is about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 05 Aug 2016, 12:11 pm

Because none of that needs to include shunting him to the reserves and not speaking to him

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2016, 4:31 pm

John wrote:I thought all of this stance by Mourinho, was because several of the United players felt Schweinsteiger showed a lack of commitment to the cause last year & Van Gaal constantly allowed him frequent trips back to Germany, as he was more focuses on the Euro's, than his club. Mourinho would of known the inside goings on, seeing as he was being paid £4m already.

Yes, Bastian was a great player, but you can't live in the past. There is no doubting Jose has thhe utmost respect for the players achievements, but you have to be ruthless in this game, hence why he's a top manager. You either act weak & Bastian just sits there picking up his £150k a week or you do something about it, get him off the wage bill & bring in a replacement. Don't really see what the fuss is about.
Why not ship out Rooney for those same reasons?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 05 Aug 2016, 4:54 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
John wrote:I thought all of this stance by Mourinho, was because several of the United players felt Schweinsteiger showed a lack of commitment to the cause last year & Van Gaal constantly allowed him frequent trips back to Germany, as he was more focuses on the Euro's, than his club. Mourinho would of known the inside goings on, seeing as he was being paid £4m already.

300 thousand reasons a week I would imagine.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2016, 4:57 pm

his contract runs a year less than wayne's, plus £100k+ less, so easier to ship. unlike bastian, wayne is actually fit & still has a role to play at united, whereas bastian's legs were already gone more than a year ago. jose loves wayne, so shipping wayne is not going to be happening anytime soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2016, 4:58 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

For me, he's 300,000 reasons to ensure he's shipped off to the reserves and told to find another club

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 05 Aug 2016, 5:03 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

For me, he's 300,000 reasons to ensure he's shipped off to the reserves and told to find another club

It's the finding a new club that would be the issue unless China come calling.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2016, 5:24 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

It's the finding a new club that would be the issue unless China come calling.
Aaah Wayne Looney and wife Coreen Looney....haven't West Brom just be bought by the Chinese? Problem solved! NEXT!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 08 Aug 2016, 1:55 pm

Good to get the win yesterday, build everyone's confidence.

Still plenty of flaws to sort out and still don't think Jose knows his team yet- bizarre with the season starting next week.

Pogba looks set to sign tomorrow, wonder how we will be lining up in the future.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Mon 08 Aug 2016, 6:04 pm

------------------------------De Gea-------------------------------
Darmian-------Bailey--------Smalling----------Shaw
-----------------------MS-----------Pogba------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lingard-------------------Mkhi-----------------------Martial
---------------------------------Ibra---------------------------------------

Is what I'd like to see Jose play. But we all know he'll still play 'that guy' instead of Mkhitaryan.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next