The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread X-rated

+36
sensisball
GLove39
funnyExiledScot
madmaccas
RDW
VinceWLB
George Carlin
21st Century Schizoid Man
jimbopip
nickj
MacKnocked-on
EWT Spoons
thebandwagonsociety
Tattie Scones RRN
des
alive555
TheMildlyFranticLlama
Weegie Wizard
CraigS1874
takethelongroad
R!skysports
Converter
Majestic83
IanBru
A Simply Mesmeric Try
Prothero
Nematode
justified sinner
TJ
Eejit
demosthenes
BigGee
Hazel Sapling
cakeordeath
RuggerRadge2611
40 posters

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread X-rated Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread X-rated

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 01 Oct 2015, 3:43 pm

I'd like to add that my IT skills were severely tested by this, and I didn't feel it appropriate to ask my secretary......

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread X-rated Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread X-rated

Post by George Carlin Thu 01 Oct 2015, 3:45 pm

Your first one! I am very proud although largely unable to explain why.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 01 Oct 2015, 3:47 pm

FES has made a thread??

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread X-rated Cancan10

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 01 Oct 2015, 3:51 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:FES has made a thread??

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread X-rated Cancan10

Now, go buy a round.....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 01 Oct 2015, 3:52 pm

The ancient Mayans predicted this but I still don't quite believe it. It must be the apocolypse now, I'm sure of it. Does this mark a new era for these boards? 

Either that or we will shortly be issued with an invoice for 8 chargeable hours with a ratchet for not involving his DPU colleagues and a penance for missing a client lunch.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 01 Oct 2015, 3:56 pm

George Carlin wrote:The ancient Mayans predicted this but I still don't quite believe it. It must be the apocolypse now, I'm sure of it. Does this mark a new era for these boards? 

Either that or we will shortly be issued with an invoice for 8 chargeable hours with a ratchet for not involving his DPU colleagues and a penance for missing a client lunch.

The invoice is in the post, although I don't use chargeable hours anymore. Such an outdated practice. I "value bill", meaning that I pick a higher number out of thin air and pretend that there's something mysteriously unique and yet unquantifiable about what I do.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 01 Oct 2015, 5:48 pm

I am trying to move to that lifestyle. 

It doesn't relate to rugby necessarily but Mrs GC has dragged me along this evening to watch yet another man more attractive than me. At least I've heard of this Jon Bonjovi feller.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Thu 01 Oct 2015, 10:29 pm

Good work on the thread FES. Very nice.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Fri 02 Oct 2015, 10:35 am

totally disappointed by the lack of photos.... Rolling Eyes Wink
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 02 Oct 2015, 11:41 am

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:totally disappointed by the lack of photos.... Rolling Eyes Wink

Well, try as I did to copy and paste some images from the Interweb, it wouldn't work. So I kept the message simple.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 02 Oct 2015, 1:46 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:totally disappointed by the lack of photos.... Rolling Eyes Wink

Well, try as I did to copy and paste some images from the Interweb, it wouldn't work. So I kept the message simple.
Not to worry. I have offered a 'suggestion'.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 02 Oct 2015, 1:53 pm

FES - I take it you've never discovered the 'Insert image' button?

Copy and past the link to the image in there, press insert, job done.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 02 Oct 2015, 4:49 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:FES - I take it you've never discovered the 'Insert image' button?

thumbsup

There was me thinking GC was just really clever.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 02 Oct 2015, 4:51 pm

Well never mind the Edinburgh, Glasgow or Scotland games, tomorrow sees the real exciting battle - my team and Majestic's team are coming face to face in National league 3.

I'm not playing (I'm not picked) and I'm not sure if Maj is playing, but it promises to be a full blooded game with plenty excitement!*

Bring it on! boxing

*This statement may hold some innacuracies

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 02 Oct 2015, 5:14 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Well never mind the Edinburgh, Glasgow or Scotland games, tomorrow sees the real exciting battle - my team and Majestic's team are coming face to face in National league 3.

I'm not playing (I'm not picked) and I'm not sure if Maj is playing, but it promises to be a full blooded game with plenty excitement!*

Bring it on!  boxing

*This statement may hold some innacuracies

What teams are those?

You two are also slugging it out in Risky's Fantasy League as well. A fierce rivalry.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 02 Oct 2015, 6:16 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:FES - I take it you've never discovered the 'Insert image' button?

thumbsup

No, no. You were right the first time. guinness
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 02 Oct 2015, 8:29 pm

George Carlin wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

thumbsup

No, no. You were right the first time. guinness

Well I'm not convinced by your selected pictures. Suggests more entrepreneurial spirit than is the case in Glasgow.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:09 pm

I was going to have a bag of Kettle Chips for Edinburgh and a bag of Monster Munch for Glasgow but Google Images just could not deliver for me.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Sat 03 Oct 2015, 8:38 am

George Carlin wrote:I was going to have a bag of Kettle Chips for Edinburgh and a bag of Monster Munch for Glasgow but Google Images just could not deliver for me.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a4/Original_Monster_Munch_Monsters.jpg
I dunno maybe it should be the other way round. Isn't this the Edinburgh front row

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 03 Oct 2015, 2:55 pm

#Breaking news#

Big T has finally arrived in Glasgow! Shocked

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 03 Oct 2015, 3:05 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:#Breaking news#

Big T has finally arrived in Glasgow! Shocked
Presumably he'll need to spend some time establishing a doctor to give him a sick note for the first half of the season.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Sat 03 Oct 2015, 4:02 pm

Not Glasgow or Edinburgh related, but this is a safe place to vent. Watching the Japan gane and I am getting Frak off with the constant banging on about their turnaround before our game.

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 03 Oct 2015, 4:22 pm

cakeordeath wrote:Not Glasgow or Edinburgh related, but this is a safe place to vent. Watching the Japan gane and I am getting Frak off with the constant banging on about their turnaround before our game.
Absolutely. The BBC comments boards are just carnivals for idiots who 'know' that another 3 days rest would have meant a certain Japanese victory against us. A load of old balls but I am comfortable that anyone who knows anything about the game and actually watched Scotland v Japan would not think that.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Sat 03 Oct 2015, 5:46 pm

Watched the Edinburgh and Glasgow games last night. Edinburgh are depressing to watch and should have done more.

Du Preez was surprisingly ineffective to my mind. I am not sure I have seen him play well when Edinburgh are comfortable and looking to get tries. Admittedly Edinburgh are rarely in that position but they need Manu back if they want bonus points.

Glasgow have a 4th lock and a proper partner for Naka during the 6 nations in Cummings. Hart seemed to play quite well but my question is, has Clegg done enough to pass Weir in the pecking order? Offers more size and consistent kicking.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 03 Oct 2015, 5:50 pm

Welcome to the boards, Hazel.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 04 Oct 2015, 7:00 pm

Tell you what, Favaro had a cracking game for Italy tonight. Pound for pound, he must be one of the hardest tacklers in the business, absolutely fearless. I think Glasgow may be able to smooth the edges off him and turn him into a good all round player.

Italy are out now, so he will be back soon enough.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sun 04 Oct 2015, 8:48 pm

Agreed that Favaro looks good. He and Blake will serve Glasgow well. End of the road for Holmes I feel, and Fusaro will have to take a back seat also.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Sun 04 Oct 2015, 9:11 pm

How much time off do we expect returning RWC players to get, assuming they are fit? One or two weeks? Or straight back?

Different for the likes of Favaro, and the US lock, I suppose, as they will need time to learn systems, etc.

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 04 Oct 2015, 9:16 pm

I think a reasonable target is the week before the first European games, which would give them 4 weeks after the last group game. 3 weeks for those that play in the QF.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 04 Oct 2015, 9:25 pm

Probably they will be drip feed back in depending on how much game time they have had. The foreign legion will be back first, but the Scottish guys will surely need a couple of weeks off, they have been at it continuously all year. Probably they will get rested periodically for the rest of the season as well, concentrating on the euro games and the end of season. This whole season will be a challenge, hence the much larger squad.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Mon 05 Oct 2015, 8:43 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:Agreed that Favaro looks good. He and Blake will serve Glasgow well. End of the road for Holmes I feel, and Fusaro will have to take a back seat also.

Someone posts a gif of his tackles from the Ireland game. Looks like he will be a real asset.

http://gfycat.com/WeakGrimyEarthworm

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 06 Oct 2015, 7:42 am

Big Naka getting some love from the NZ Herald of all places.
So he MUST be good:
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11524724
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 06 Oct 2015, 7:48 am

Can't see Glasgow being able to keep him once his current contract expires - I'm sure top French teams will be circling

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 06 Oct 2015, 10:15 am

Agreed - I suspect Big T and Naka will be gone next season.

What can we offer them to entice them to stay? Poor weather, small crowds, no HC knock-out rugby and small amounts of money in comparison to what they could earn elsewhere.

Still, let's enjoy this season. The first choice Glasgow team will be really strong again and with Big T out on the wing it certainly gives them another dimension.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 06 Oct 2015, 10:46 am

Problem Glasgow have is that they are likely to be without their 1st XV for so long that they will struggle to play catchup for the games they lose without them.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 06 Oct 2015, 11:09 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:Agreed - I suspect Big T and Naka will be gone next season.

What can we offer them to entice them to stay? Poor weather, small crowds, no HC knock-out rugby and small amounts of money in comparison to what they could earn elsewhere.

Still, let's enjoy this season. The first choice Glasgow team will be really strong again and with Big T out on the wing it certainly gives them another dimension.
Not the most constructive comment I've ever read (or the most accurate - why will there be no ERChC knock out rugby?). Shall we just shut down both professional clubs, pull the hair shirts on and go to the pub to talk about how good the 1990 grand slam team was?

I think Toonie is clear eyed about his great finds moving on. The key is to spot them and get them in the door in the first place. We sniffed at Favaro for example, but now that he has come back to fitness, he is playing well in the World Cup. We get the best players that we can afford, give them a collegiate environment and hope that they are greater than the sum of their parts. Twas ever thus and will be unless the likes of Duncan Bannatyne stops investing in sh!te health clubs and starts pouring the money into the bottomless sinkwell of the professional rugby franchise.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 06 Oct 2015, 11:31 am

George Carlin wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:Agreed - I suspect Big T and Naka will be gone next season.

Not the most constructive comment I've ever read (or the most accurate - why will there be no ERChC knock out rugby?). Shall we just shut down both professional clubs, pull the hair shirts on and go to the pub to talk about how good the 1990 grand slam team was?

I think Toonie is clear eyed about his great finds moving on. The key is to spot them and get them in the door in the first place. We sniffed at Favaro for example, but now that he has come back to fitness, he is playing well in the World Cup. We get the best players that we can afford, give them a collegiate environment and hope that they are greater than the sum of their parts. Twas ever thus and will be unless the likes of Duncan Bannatyne stops investing in sh!te health clubs and starts pouring the money into the bottomless sinkwell of the professional rugby franchise.

You read my mind!

You're absolutely correct on the model both Glasgow and Edinburgh need to adopt. Scout out the rough diamonds, embrace them in a collegiate environment with excellent coaches and mingle them with the best of local talent. Hopefully keep them for three years add a "Mc" by deed poll and slap some tartan on them.

The point I was making is that every now and then you will find a talent so good and showcase them well such that their expectations exceed what you can deliver. I believe that will be the case with Naka in the summer, and it is clearly already the case with Big T now. I don't actually think it's a particularly bad thing. Young and unearthed talents elsewhere can see Scottish rugby as a great place to develop, and it further enables us to attract top players on the up. Sure, they may not all turn out to be lifers, but one or two will. Plus it's a win/win in terms of exposing our own youngsters to players like Naka, Matawalu, DTH, Bressler, Manu and Burleigh.

I'm sorry if my comment re: ERCHC knock-out rugby was taken as not constructive. I just think that it's difficult to sell it to current and prospective players when you've thus far never had it. I'm sure when Toulon come knocking and offer it, Naka will take Toonie at his word when he promises it for next year.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 06 Oct 2015, 1:02 pm

Has Frazier Climo been released by the Scarlets? He seems to be back playing for Ayr.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 06 Oct 2015, 1:43 pm

He's still listed on the Scarlets website.

Would be a good option for Glasgow if they can get him, as his versatility would be useful, and this ex-pat bloke I know on the Internet tells me he was awesome for Ayr....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 06 Oct 2015, 6:15 pm

Well after all this chat about Rory Clegg, he's moving to Oyonnax at the end of the month!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 06 Oct 2015, 6:40 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Well after all this chat about Rory Clegg, he's moving to Oyonnax at the end of the month!
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread X-rated Gaah10

Not very smart, Toonie. He was good cover. Presumably this coincides with Gregor Hunter coming back to fitness?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Tue 06 Oct 2015, 10:08 pm

In fairness its a hard opportunity for the guy to turn down.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Thu 08 Oct 2015, 10:20 pm

Rory Clegg is a rather good rugby player and good luck to him getting a juicy contract - he played well for us clap

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Thu 08 Oct 2015, 10:23 pm

BTW the true Warrior legend that is Bernardo Stortoni has hung up his boots in Argentina. Thanks Bernie - always a gaucho amigo ! clap clap clap

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 09 Oct 2015, 10:58 am

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:BTW the true Warrior legend that is Bernardo Stortoni has hung up his boots in Argentina.   Thanks Bernie - always a gaucho amigo ! clap clap clap

Always enjoyed watching Bernie play. Good footballer and totally committed.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 12 Oct 2015, 8:53 am

We're back to Pro 12 action this weekend - would be good if people stood up to the plate and created match threads for the Edinburgh and Glasgow games!

Doesn't have to be straight away, but before Wednesday would be good.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 12 Oct 2015, 11:24 am

Sorted for one game !

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 12 Oct 2015, 11:31 am

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Mon 12 Oct 2015, 3:12 pm

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next