The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread X-rated

+36
sensisball
GLove39
funnyExiledScot
madmaccas
RDW
VinceWLB
George Carlin
21st Century Schizoid Man
jimbopip
nickj
MacKnocked-on
EWT Spoons
thebandwagonsociety
Tattie Scones RRN
des
alive555
TheMildlyFranticLlama
Weegie Wizard
CraigS1874
takethelongroad
R!skysports
Converter
Majestic83
IanBru
A Simply Mesmeric Try
Prothero
Nematode
justified sinner
TJ
Eejit
demosthenes
BigGee
Hazel Sapling
cakeordeath
RuggerRadge2611
40 posters

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread X-rated - Page 2 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread X-rated

Post by TJ Sat 17 Oct 2015, 10:00 am

Well done to our unwashed brethern from the west for getting a win.  Still there is nothing like seeing an Edinburgh team unbeaten in their rightful place at the top of the table.  so please try to keep up Weegies - you are letting your team down, your country down and most importantly yourselves down Wink

TJ

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread X-rated - Page 2 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread X-rated

Post by jimbopip Sat 17 Oct 2015, 12:30 pm

OK, I'm going to make a BIG prediction here....

Scotstoun is going to fall head over heels in love with our new signing.... Simone Favoro. elvis

He has the look of a man who constantly got slapped in the face by life as a youngster, and remember what George Plimpton said about the left hook " it's the most destructive weapon in the armoury: it'll lurk out there all night then come booming in low and deadly when you least expect it. Some people say Joe Frazier has the most powerful left hook of all, but personally I think it's Life."

Favaro has the face of a man who has walked onto a lot of left hooks, got up and kept walking on the same road. I think he and Glasgow are made for each other and while Fozzie, Shuggie B and possibly Homeless John Hardie may all be faster, more skillful more naturally talented I have a sneaky feeling that we may see more of Favaro in the jersey than any of them imagine.

Junior already seems to be part of the Warrior family, Shuggie B seems to be modelling himself on Richie V, and I'm waiting on a report on Big Tacky. Yes Schiz I'm looking at you. Put down the Duechars and cornflakes down and get typing. But my hunch is Simone Favaro will be the new Bernie Stortoni, with socks pulled up.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sat 17 Oct 2015, 4:54 pm

Aye Jimbo, yer man Simone F is some rugby player - can cut out the daft ycs anytime but his tackling and groundwork is utterly ferocious. Huge Blake had a fine game last night and between him, Fagerson and Eck Dunbar for MoM. Big T drew in 3 defenders overtime the ball went near him (and then bounced off!). Including one on the dirty besterd Brew who then started flinging punches. The yc was a daft charge into Brew who writhed around like he had been shot (a la Hoggy). Scott Cummings also had a fine game at 4- again ! Big Boab did what Big Boab does - needs to start narking at the ref more as Capitano. Rory Shoes is an effective FB while we have a crisis there and Junior B has the early makings of a DTH like hero.

On the negative side Hart was very poor - again ! Clegg also had a stinker but maybe his mind is off to France . Mike Blair came on and sorted things in midfield Very Happy Pat MacArthur went off with what looked like an arm injury after 3 mins but Fraser Scott came on and did well at scrum and lineout.

All in all 6/10 for getting there in the end.

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 18 Oct 2015, 8:09 am

Very good Schiz.

I see that DTH kicked Leinster in the nuts by scoring 2 tries on debut for the Scarlets. So sad he's no longer with us. I wonder if he just thinks he looks better in red.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 18 Oct 2015, 8:47 am

On other news, I see that the mighty Kellybrows, Large Jim and perhaps most encouragingly of all, Duncan Taylor starred as Sale got a bit of a manshaming at Allianz Park yesterday.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 18 Oct 2015, 10:05 am

George Carlin wrote:Very good Schiz.

I see that DTH kicked Leinster in the nuts by scoring 2 tries on debut for the Scarlets. So sad he's no longer with us. I wonder if he just thinks he looks better in red.

Aye GC - DTH is the one we will miss. Toonie was asked about his departure at the q/a session last Monday. His answer was along the lines of : "This is professional sport and players move on and so will we".

I have a horrible feeling DTH will come back to Scotstoun and hurt our Euro campaign

Back to top Go down

Post by justified sinner Sun 18 Oct 2015, 1:08 pm

Mark Palmer in Sunday Times reporting Embra about to sign Hardie

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 18 Oct 2015, 1:23 pm

justified sinner wrote:Mark Palmer in Sunday Times reporting Embra about to sign Hardie

That makes sense at every level, a class signing. Watson will still get plenty game time and Roddy G will be there to provide cover if needed. It does look as if it will be his last season though.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 18 Oct 2015, 1:27 pm

Would be delighted with that

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 18 Oct 2015, 2:01 pm

That would be amazing and provides probably the last piece in the puzzle for that Edinburgh pack. Edinburgh always most likely given Hardie's relationship with Nasi Manu.

Glad for Hardie - he's kept his head down and worked his nuts off. He's also far too good to go to Newcastle where is where he was rumoured to be off to last week.

01 Dickinson
02 Ford
03 Nel
04 B Toolis
05 Bresler
06 Du Preez
07 Hardie
08 Manu

19 Gilchrist
20 Denton

Very nice.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sun 18 Oct 2015, 9:19 pm

Pretty awesome pack. Just need to sort out reserve tighthead prop. McInally and Sutherland being the other replacements.

We should go 5 wins from 5 against Zebre. Really decent start to the season.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 19 Oct 2015, 8:13 am

Missed the bus, contact lense not sitting right and annoying my eye, really bad traffic meaning I'm going to be late for work.

Can the universe not give a grieving Scotsman a break?? Rolling Eyes

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 19 Oct 2015, 11:12 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Missed the bus, contact lense not sitting right and annoying my eye, really bad traffic meaning I'm going to be late for work.

Crying or Very sad

Just take a look at the Pro12 table. That's helping me get through these tough times.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 19 Oct 2015, 11:15 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:Missed the bus, contact lense not sitting right and annoying my eye, really bad traffic meaning I'm going to be late for work.

Crying or Very sad

Just take a look at the Pro12 table. That's helping me get through these tough times.
I suppose I could add that you aren't living in a fully independent Scotland...Run
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 19 Oct 2015, 11:37 am

George Carlin wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

Crying or Very sad

I suppose I could add that you aren't living in a fully independent Scotland...Run

thumbsup

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 19 Oct 2015, 1:34 pm

Actually I saw that the Sturge was at the game. I thought with this new politics we are enjoying in Scotland that she'd have rather sold her ticket and avoided the travelling costs in order to raise money for the food banks in Glasgow and Dundee.

Apparently not. Rugby is more important. Apparently Nicola likes a jolly just like every politician before her......

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 19 Oct 2015, 1:58 pm

Princess Anne was so still on television I thought she had passed away.
She was just a pair of sunglasses and a large grimace wearing a cashmere scarf.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 19 Oct 2015, 2:01 pm

Kelly Jones from the Stereophonics was sitting in front of Harry, Will and Kate at the England v Wales game - apparently they had a little hamper with one bottle of Heineken each and some sandwiches.

Supposedly they left them behind at the end so he helped himself to them!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 19 Oct 2015, 2:49 pm

George Carlin wrote:Princess Anne was so still on television I thought she had passed away.
She was just a pair of sunglasses and a large grimace wearing a cashmere scarf.

It's a mannequin. I'm convinced. Completely still with no moving facial features.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 20 Oct 2015, 10:07 am

Anyone fancy doing an Edinburgh thread?

Ta

Pro 12 overview here

http://www.pro12rugby.com/matchcentre/30.php?section=overview&fixid=208000#IGBhd9OVTUQrhHvC.97

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 20 Oct 2015, 11:40 am

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 20 Oct 2015, 12:08 pm

John Hardie has signed for Edinburgh!!!

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread X-rated - Page 2 Cancan10

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Tue 20 Oct 2015, 12:15 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:John Hardie has signed for Edinburgh!!!

Solly probably sees him as a good understudy signing for Coman...

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 20 Oct 2015, 12:26 pm

MacKnocked-on wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:John Hardie has signed for Edinburgh!!!

Solly probably sees him as a good understudy signing for Coman...

Quite right. Coman to move to 7 for the leadership skills he brings.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 20 Oct 2015, 1:01 pm

So just to confirm Edinburgh’s back row resources:

6 – Du Preez, Coman
7 – Hardie, Watson, Grant
8 – Denton, Manu

Others – Bradbury, Ritchie

Not too shabby…

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 20 Oct 2015, 1:44 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:So just to confirm Edinburgh’s back row resources:

6 – Du Preez, Coman
7 – Hardie, Watson, Grant
8 – Denton, Manu

Others – Bradbury, Ritchie

Not too shabby…

Not a James Eddie in sight.....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 20 Oct 2015, 1:58 pm

If he selects a standard bench then 3 of those players will miss out each week, which is incredible.

I wonder if he'll pick two back rows on the bench until one of Gilchrist or Toolis returns - Alex Toolis is no where near as good as his brother just now and Denton or Du Preez can cover lock.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 20 Oct 2015, 2:27 pm

Poor Alex Toolis.

He's like the 'non-Thor Hemsworth Brother'.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 20 Oct 2015, 2:36 pm

Strength and depth is good. However I don't want to see either Watson or Hardie warming the benches.

I'd be tempted to send Watson into exile with the great unwashed so we can guarantee game time for the lad.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 20 Oct 2015, 4:13 pm

George Carlin wrote:Poor Alex Toolis.

Being comfortably more awesome at everything than my sister, I've always had some sympathy for "lesser" siblings.

Roll of Honour

Jamie Murray
Mark Waugh
Phil Neville
Tony Underwood
Mark Wilkinson
Billy Root
Scott Hastings (harsh)
Alex Toolis
David Blair
Alan Bulloch
Max Evans
Rory Lamont
Mako Vunipola

Luckily Al Kellock is an only child.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Tue 20 Oct 2015, 4:20 pm

On a serious note.....

If Edinburgh had decent backs, they'd be title challengers.....possibly even winners.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Tue 20 Oct 2015, 4:37 pm

Tattie Scones RRN wrote:On a serious note.....

If Edinburgh had decent backs, they'd be title challengers.....possibly even winners.

You want Vernon?

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 20 Oct 2015, 4:45 pm

MacKnocked-on wrote:

You want Vernon?

Nope, but we can do a sweet little swap deal. Bennett and Hogg for Strauss and Cuthbert. Just imagine the benefits during the international window.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Tue 20 Oct 2015, 4:54 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
MacKnocked-on wrote:

You want Vernon?

Nope, but we can do a sweet little swap deal. Bennett and Hogg for Strauss and Cuthbert. Just imagine the benefits during the international window.

Just imagine the benefits they'd be claiming.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 20 Oct 2015, 5:16 pm

Tattie Scones RRN wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:
MacKnocked-on wrote:

You want Vernon?

Just imagine the benefits they'd be claiming.

Do you get tax credits for being extremely slow (in the rugby sense...)??

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Tue 20 Oct 2015, 5:20 pm

They're being scrapped anyway aren't they?

Perhaps some kind of anti-speeding fine.....

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 20 Oct 2015, 5:33 pm

From his brief cameo against Ulster I've got high hopes for Helu - he looked like a winger playing in the centre but he ran hard and fast and showed a touch of flair.

It doesn't matter who we have in the backs though if we keep up the same tactics!

And before Biggee gives me a telling off, yes I do know we're 4 from 4 and I shouldn't be complaining, but we're talking about taking Edinburgh to the next level here. In my mind that means needing to use the backs!

At least we now have an attack coach in Duncan Hodge - let's see what changes he brings.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 20 Oct 2015, 6:49 pm

I think what you're trying to say is that it's fundamentally remarkable that you're 4 from 4 given the squadron of inept, 10 thumbed diddies which somehow passes as a backline.

No charge.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 20 Oct 2015, 6:57 pm

George Carlin wrote:I think what you're trying to say is that it's fundamentally remarkable that you're 4 from 4 given the squadron of inept, 10 thumbed diddies which somehow passes as a backline.  

No charge.

You have such a way with words!

You should be a lawyer. devil

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 20 Oct 2015, 7:40 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:

From his brief cameo against Ulster I've got high hopes for Helu - he looked like a winger playing in the centre but he ran hard and fast and showed a touch of flair.

It doesn't matter who we have in the backs though if we keep up the same tactics!

And before Biggee gives me a telling off, yes I do know we're 4 from 4 and I shouldn't be complaining, but we're talking about taking Edinburgh to the next level here. In my mind that means needing to use the backs!

At least we now have an attack coach in Duncan Hodge - let's see what changes he brings.

That's a bit harsh!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Tue 20 Oct 2015, 7:44 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:

Shows what you know - he's not!

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 20 Oct 2015, 7:50 pm

BigGee wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:

That's a bit harsh!

But fair!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 20 Oct 2015, 8:28 pm

demosthenes wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

Shows what you know - he's not!

Well I blame Wikipedia....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Tue 20 Oct 2015, 10:35 pm

What concerns me about Edinburgh is that whilst the pack is great the backs are average.

The second string forward pack: Sutherland, Mcinally, Andress, Bresler, Mckenzie, Coman, Grant, Du Preez is very handy. However, I think we still need a quality 10.

Just a thought, what do people think about SHC playing 10 a bit?

I'd like to see Hardie and Watson both start. I think that needs to be our Scottish back row going forward, with Denton at 8.

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Wed 21 Oct 2015, 12:04 am

Take Weir from Glasgow? - I am convinced there is a quality 10 in there that just needs some regular game time

What happened to Tonks at 10?

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 21 Oct 2015, 5:21 am

We will give you Duncan Weir, a crate of Monster Munch and a years' worth of batteries for Solomons' pacemaker in exchange for 3 matches from Hardie towards the business end of the season.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 21 Oct 2015, 7:33 am

Nematode wrote:

Just a thought, what do people think about SHC playing 10 a bit?

He's well on his way to becoming a top class 9 - I don't think we should go moving him any time soon.

Nematode wrote:
I'd like to see Hardie and Watson both start. I think that needs to be our Scottish back row going forward, with Denton at 8.

I think that combination would lack balance - both are out and out 7s. Cowan works well at 6 because he's more of a 6.5 if you know what I mean. Barclay is another one that would fit into that mould.

On Watson, as great as he's been for Edinburgh I just have a concern he's just going to be too small to really make it for Scotland. He's incredibly strong and certainly punches well above his weight, but there's much less space at international level and everyone is big. His official stats have him as tfe same height and weight as Hooper but I don't believe that! Edinburgh were turned over 3 times against Ulster because he went into contact high and was held up. He was superb apart from that though.

Last edited by RDW_Scotland on Wed 21 Oct 2015, 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 21 Oct 2015, 7:35 am

On Hardie, now that he plays for Edinburgh has he suddenly become a pampered jessie who is soft and not very good at rugby?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Wed 21 Oct 2015, 7:45 am

At least he will be well groomed. We could send some soap and razers over to you. BTW what lives in the Strauss beard?

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 21 Oct 2015, 9:59 am

TJ wrote: BTW what lives in the Strauss beard?
I've heard that it's where Lee Jones goes to hibernate for the winter.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next