Lucha Underground renewed for season 2

Go down

Lucha Underground renewed for season 2

Post by nadeem2099 on Mon 05 Oct 2015, 1:38 pm

http://insidepulse.com/2015/09/21/lucha-underground-season-2-officially-announced-for-2016/

Great news. Hopefully it can live up to the greatness of season 1.
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Re: Lucha Underground renewed for season 2

Post by Prometheus on Fri 09 Oct 2015, 4:23 pm

So, I heard an interview earlier this week with one of the lead writers. Really very little given away, apart from the firm date of Nov 14 for starting of tapings.

I think the biggest speculation right now is whether Rey is in. I've always thought the involvement of Rey was going to be the difference on them getting the TV deal for Season 2 or not, so my speculation is in.

I'm really looking forward to a lot of this, e.g.:
- IMO Fenix should be a huge break out star. He is positioned where he can feud with the top 3 talents in LU (Mil, Puma & Pentagon), he could have a huge season.
- Brian Cage is for me one of the most up and down performers in wrestling. I thought some of the best matches I saw him in were in LU. Then I kind of felt like the writing had him back as, just another guy, instead of a machine. If Cage is built again and he's motivated I think they have an awesome wrestler on their hands.
- El Texano Jr is a wrestler I really got into during LU's last run and I think they can do a lot with him.
- As others have said, I hope there is an introduction of some of the other AAA talents, like Los Psycho Circus or Los Hell Brothers.
- Ivelisse was really getting built nicely before she got injured, having the baddest bitch in the building back in the ring will be nice.

At least the time between now and the end of the year should give me chance to finish off writing up season 1.
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 on Sat 10 Oct 2015, 8:57 am

Yeah I can't wait. If they do get Rey on it will be a big boost for them. It will be interesting to see what role he is given as age has caught up with him. Fenix had the match of the season against Mil on Grave Consequences for me. Cage was my personal favourite of the first season. Just the way he destroyed his opponents and his downfall being his cocky nature. I'm not a huge fan of Texano tbh. Just his wrestling style is too brawlerish for my likes. Haven't heard of the other AAA guys, I'll have to look them up. Ivelisse and havoc/angelico were fun to watch. They made a good team with good chemistry with each other. All In all I'm happy there will be a s2
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by kenn20152014 on Tue 13 Oct 2015, 9:38 am

i have to say, LU was always great. They even better than WWE in my oppinion.

kenn20152014

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus on Fri 30 Oct 2015, 10:11 am

So, here's the bits of news we seem to have so far.

1) Season 2 will air from Jan, it is expected to be 24 episodes
2) Filming will be Nov 14,15, 21, 22; Dec 12, 13; Jan, 9, 10, 16, 17, 30, 31
3) Tickets went on sale yesterday and I was hearing reports of sold out, within hours
4) Cheerleader Melissa has been hired, she'll be the sister of Marty the Moth
5) Obviously Alberto El Patron will not be back
6) I've heard reports that they are considering touring and developing a film (there is some talk of that being sci-fi, which would seem to position Aero Star as an obvious break out)
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 on Tue 03 Nov 2015, 9:06 am

Anything about the commentary team seeing as Vampiro is with Penta Jr now.
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus on Tue 03 Nov 2015, 10:08 am

That is a good question Nadeem. I'm sure that I've seen LU-related tweets from Matt Striker, so I think we can expect him to be back. What did you think of Michael Schiavello, who stepped in to commentate Ultima Lucha? I must admit that for me his style can be quite overbearing, so he seems to try to call every move, which in LU can be a lot of moves.

Having said that, it took me a while to warm to Vampiro, at the start I wasn't that into him and his "I'm more a fan than a commentator" mode. But I thought he really started to show how good he was when he did the sit down interviews, and Striker can go off on some decidedly odd forays, which Vampiro pulled him back from.

Producer Eric van Wageren did an interview over the weekend and said that the Pentagon Jr / Vampiro thing will be a focus of the first episodes. I think when you look back at LU it is clear that they thought Pentagon Jr was going to be a mid-card heel, and they really mis-judged how bigger hit he was going to be. I've seen people also say that they'd over-rated Sexy Star. I can see this argument, but she was in an angle with Chavo! Who is going to get over when they are working with Chavo? And I'm really not that into Blue Demon Jr either.
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 on Tue 03 Nov 2015, 11:27 am

I think schiavello was the best option they could have gotten in tbh. As a guest commentator he did his job well. But I'm used to Vampiro and his whacky commentary now. The sit down interviews were one of my favourite parts of LU and I'm hoping we see more of them in s2.

As much of a legend Blue Demon Jr is, I am not in the least bit interested in his joining forces with Chavo. The thing I most disliked about Sexy Star was that whenever she did win a match it was by a rollup. She never got a real dominant victory. I know she's a woman and that but come on I would have liked to see more moves like a moonsault or some other top rope finishing move.
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus on Tue 03 Nov 2015, 11:40 am

Nail. On. Head. nadeem.

I'm not averse to women competing with men. Every wrestling match requires me to suspend my disbelief and I can buy a story where Rey Mysterio can use his speed to overcome The Big Show, just as I can buy a story where Sexy Star defeats Pentagon Jr. But she has to look their equal, winning by roll-up or distraction, etc. doesn't do anyone any favours. LU touted how it was going to work intergender matches and I think that was one of their very few mis-steps.

In any case, you will remember that at the end of Season 1, Marty the Moth kidnapped Sexy Star saying "you don't want to meet my sister". And we now expect Cheerleader Melissa to be MM's sister, so that's her direction sorted.

I find myself in a position where I'll probably have to watch that final episode again as so much happened, and was set up. Did we finish with Chavo helping Blue Demon to defeat El Texano? I was a bit meh on Texano when he first appeared, but warmed to him, so I hope he's not stuck with these two. Obviously this old / new Mexico wrestler generation plays into the target audience for LU (2nd and 3rd gen Mexicans in USA) so its not written for me, but it also has little interest to me.

The only way they can kind of rescue that for me right now is if that all feeds into the 7 tribes mythology that they are building up. Obviously we have the Dragon Azteca tribe that is now after Dario / Black Lotus. My memory is fading, but wasn't there a point where it was said that Chavo's dad was there the night Dario's brother killed Black Lotus' father? So maybe he's another tribe. You have El Texano from another, etc. And at the very, very beginning of the show I'm sure the intro was that you had Cuerto introduced as Spanish, so he's obviously outside this Aztec thing, but he had the temple of gold (now in the hands of Catrina and Mil). Wow. Complicated stuff for my little wrestling head.

All, I can say is that now that Dragon Azteca is dead and we saw the hooded figure put on the mask. If the reveal is that Rey is under that mask now I am marking the hell out big time!!!
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus on Tue 03 Nov 2015, 8:18 pm

So apparently Big Ryck decided not to come back. He was fine in S1, but no great loss.

Willie Mack is back! And so is Daivari, meh.
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus on Wed 04 Nov 2015, 12:58 pm

Argenis is coming back.

What do you mean, who? Argenis. Okay, the guy who was in that awesome Cage debut, when Cage took out Aero Star, Angelico and Argenis. Still not getting it? Okay, he had his arm broken by Pentagon Jr. Nope? He's now Barrio Negro, one of the Disciples of Death, the trios champs. Yes, it is a slow news day.
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 on Fri 06 Nov 2015, 11:01 am

Willie Mack was one of the surprise hits for me. The facial expressions everytime he did a move were brilliant. And his atlethicism for a big guy was great stuff. Daivari on the other hand was totally underwhelming. I liked his debut when he got into that altercation with Texano at ringside but from then on it went downhill fast.

I knew Argenis was one of the DOD. I had a look at the wiki of LU and it lists him as Argenis/Barrio Negro. The other 2 members are El Mariachi Loco and Ricky Mandel.
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus on Mon 09 Nov 2015, 8:57 pm

It's back

Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus on Sun 15 Nov 2015, 1:16 pm

Under new management
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus on Sun 15 Nov 2015, 7:09 pm

I'm not going to put taping spoilers up. They are easy to find if you want them. But holy f@%& what I've read sounds excellent.
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 on Mon 16 Nov 2015, 8:07 am

Cheers prom. I'm not gonna read spoilers. Spoilers are for trash Like the wwe/tna Laugh
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus on Mon 16 Nov 2015, 9:33 am

nadeem2099 wrote:Cheers prom. I'm not gonna read spoilers. Spoilers are for trash Like the wwe/tna Laugh

Luckily I've the worst memory in the world, so whatever I read now, I'll long have forgotten by Jan.
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus on Thu 19 Nov 2015, 11:45 am

Some news that talent was told that Season 3 would start filming in March or April. Which might indicate that Season 2 might run up to the summer and then Season 3 will start on the US Fall schedule. In any case 2 more seasons of LU is great!
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus on Sun 22 Nov 2015, 7:29 pm

Some really exciting hints from the producers in the form of Tweets, a lot of ladders and a pair of nunchucks.

And looking at the latest set of tapings two wrestlers who I really wanted to meet in Season 1, go head to head.
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus on Mon 23 Nov 2015, 4:36 pm

A great teasing tweet from Son of Havoc...

"People keep telling me that last night was one of the best #LuchaUnderground tapings ever.

Just seriously think about that for a second..."
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 on Mon 23 Nov 2015, 7:15 pm

Shocked  "one of the best" Damn I can't wait any longer! Laugh
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down