The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who Should Take Cena's US Title from him?

+11
talkingpoint
goldustismyhero
Dr Gregory House MD
Prometheus
Kay Fabe
Gregers
Adam D
Samo
Dolphin Ziggler
Marky
Fernando
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who Should Take Cena's US Title from him? Empty Who Should Take Cena's US Title from him?

Post by Fernando Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:42 am

With Hell In A Cell a few days away and Cena going on an "extended break" for 2 months by the sounds of things to do a TV show.

Who would you like to see take the US Open Challenge at HIAC and assumingly take it from Cena.

SD Spoiler:

Thoughts?

It will probably end up being someone stupid like The Miz tbh. Personally would like to see Cesaro/Sandow have a go at it.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Who Should Take Cena's US Title from him? Empty Re: Who Should Take Cena's US Title from him?

Post by Marky Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:57 am

I can see Breeze or Ziggler winning it, then a Breeze/Ziggler feud over it.

Cesaro would be cool.

I reckon Sheamus, if doesn't have to cash in MITB until next summer then it gives him something to do. Also linked to Sheamus potentially feuding with Cena in December/January.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Who Should Take Cena's US Title from him? Empty Re: Who Should Take Cena's US Title from him?

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:06 am

Bryan would be good for the pop but somehow sad.

Breeze i'd love to have taken it on debut but now it seems a bit wasted. Saying that, he deserves it and Summer Rae deserves to be aligned with a title holder too. I think their work could be excellent and the matches would be great.

Otherwise its Cesaro or Ambrose for me. Two over faces who might carry on the interest in the belt.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:53 am

I think its going to be Bryan, and thats why we havent heard anything about his independent doctors evaluation, because they're keeping it a secret.

I thought for sure it would be Breeze but only if they were saving his Debut for the PPV.

I dont trust WWE to keep Ambrose or Cesaro as strong as Cena has been with the belt.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:24 am

I will go left field and say James Storm.

He debuted and isnt at the next set of tapings but WWE have given him some big coverage. Are they likely to keep him hanging around at his age?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:41 am

Xavier Woods to give the new day all the gold, or Tyler Breeze to legitimise him straight away. Can't see it being anyone else really

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:56 am

Adam D wrote:I will go left field and say James Storm.

He debuted and isnt at the next set of tapings but WWE have given him some big coverage. Are they likely to keep him hanging around at his age?

Theres left field and theres going so left field you've gone full circle and ended up in a field to the right.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:29 am

I really hope it isn't Daniel Bryan, the WWE are starved of truly over faces, they need him desperately for that Main Event spot as the top face, no-one can compare, particularly with Cena taking time off, if Bryan is fit then for me he has to be interjected into the Main Event, actually give that Title some meaning again, I love Seth but they've done absolutely nothing with him as Champ other than going over a few big names

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:38 am

I think we are almost definitely going to be underwhelmed by the mystery opponent.  Though in all honesty, despite the fact that I think he's improved an awful lot in the last year, I'd find Tyler Breeze underwhelming, and I just can't see Cena taking the 1-2-3 for him.

But it keeps this PPV interesting and I think as long as WWE don't underwhelm completely on the US title, or they get too carried away overwriting the cell matches this should be an enjoyable PPV.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:51 am

It's going to be Jericho, these things are always Jericho

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:59 am

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:It's going to be Jericho, these things are always Jericho

I'd actually like it to go to Nikki Bella following a fingerpoke of doom, just to watch the internet explode afterwards.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by goldustismyhero Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:24 pm

I think either James Storm, Samoa Joe or a surprise debutant in AJ Styles would be awesome, puts any over as a big thing straight away for those that dont know their history outside wwe

Plus Joe has a back story with Cena from before wwe im sure i read somewhere

Narrative for joe would be we go way back and i despise what you have become and im here to get the old John Cena back put him on shelf gives cena his time off and then on the return use videos putting over cena in training and becoming the old cena leading to a match at the rumble where cena comes up short and then takes it through to Mania

goldustismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:34 pm

I must say I did find it strange that James Storm wasn't involved in the next 3 weeks NXT Tapings, that does leave the possibility that he might be used, I'd be surprised if he was the man they chose to use but I do think not being involved in NXT makes it a possibility, that being said that's the first time I saw Storm in a few years and maybe they just want him to shape up a but before they stick him back out there.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:50 pm

From http://www.pwtorch.com/index.php/2015/10/23/james-storm-talks-nxt-debut-future/

As for his future in WWE, Storm was non-committal about whether he will return to NXT.

“That’s the million-dollar question. That’s not really up to me. My job is to go out and get myself over, as they say. And it’s up to what we call ‘the suits’ to make the decision of whether to bring me back to NXT or the WWE main roster. I get so many people all the time saying, ‘We want to see you and Bray Wyatt go at it on the microphone.’ I always say that you never know what’s going to happen in wrestling. And I just take one day at a time,” Storm said.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:53 pm

He's dropped a bit of a tease that he might be on the UK tour in his latest tweets. Would make sense, he's over from his time with TNA and would be a good little pop for the tour.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:56 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:I must say I did find it strange that James Storm wasn't involved in the next 3 weeks NXT Tapings, that does leave the possibility that he might be used, I'd be surprised if he was the man they chose to use but I do think not being involved in NXT makes it a possibility, that being said that's the first time I saw Storm in a few years and maybe they just want him to shape up a but before they stick him back out there.

I don't think Storm's physique will change dramatically. Besides, WWE seem to have no problem using larger guys at the moment. I mean look at the Wyatt Family, Rusev and Kevin Owens. I don't have a problem with Storm's look. Edge wasn't a "ripped" guy either. But, Storm isn't like Chris Hero either. I doubt very much though that Storm will go into a WWE PPV and win the US title from Cena in only his second WWE match. I too was surprised he isn't involved in the next three weeks of NXT tapings, but there is an interview with him on WWE.com, so I'm sure they'll use him again soon. Despite being a veteran, I still think it would be good for him to adjust to the WWE via NXT as well getting exposure for WWE Network subscribers before getting called up to the main roster.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:38 pm

He surely cant be going to the main roster ahead of Joe. Joe is clearly the better wrestler and has been on NXT longer; and further to that I bet his t-shirt sales are more interesting to WWE when it comes to moving up.

Just why havent they signed Aries?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:31 am

Maybe they have and Aries is facing Cena Wink

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:43 am

Thats what I was hoping but didnt want to jinx by typing Wink

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:10 am

If jinxes were true then it would need Vince to read this forum and decide to have Big Show win the US Title instead of Austin Aries.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:03 am

Don't tell me you don't think a mighty Big Show win hasn't crossed his mind. Leading to a fresh and exciting feud with Mark Henry before a series of 19 matches with Sheamus.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:15 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:He surely cant be going to the main roster ahead of Joe. Joe is clearly the better wrestler and has been on NXT longer; and further to that I bet his t-shirt sales are more interesting to WWE when it comes to moving up.

Just why havent they signed Aries?
I think with Joe there seems to be a feud with Finn Balor brewing there so that for me would be a reason to rule him out, it wouldn't be a definite veto but it st least gives reasoning why he wouldn't be in the running.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:22 am

talkingpoint wrote:
Kay Fabe wrote:I must say I did find it strange that James Storm wasn't involved in the next 3 weeks NXT Tapings, that does leave the possibility that he might be used, I'd be surprised if he was the man they chose to use but I do think not being involved in NXT makes it a possibility, that being said that's the first time I saw Storm in a few years and maybe they just want him to shape up a but before they stick him back out there.

I don't think Storm's physique will change dramatically. Besides, WWE seem to have no problem using larger guys at the moment. I mean look at the Wyatt Family, Rusev and Kevin Owens. I don't have a problem with Storm's look. Edge wasn't a "ripped" guy either. But, Storm isn't like Chris Hero either. I doubt very much though that Storm will go into a WWE PPV and win the US title from Cena in only his second WWE match. I too was surprised he isn't involved in the next three weeks of NXT tapings, but there is an interview with him on WWE.com, so I'm sure they'll use him again soon. Despite being a veteran, I still think it would be good for him to adjust to the WWE via NXT as well getting exposure for WWE Network subscribers before getting called up to the main roster.
I don't think there is a need for his appearance to change "drastically" but he did look awful flabby, guys like Owens and Bray Wyatt are heavy set guys but they don't look flabby, they both look like they've got buldging guys but they are also covered up.

I don't think guys need to be ripped, I've always been a big fan of different body shapes, I feel it offers a better picture than the same standard body types that the WWE were churning out about 4/5/6 years ago but I also think that as a vetern, The WWE will look at Storm and if he is to be given a chance he'll need to be in the best shape possible, I don't believe he is in the best shape and while he can look good going over jobbers in short matches the WWE will want to know he can go 20-30 minutes, not because they'll have those plans for him but just incase they ever find themselves in a situation were he mivht need to.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:28 am

I do have to agree. He didnt move great, although I'm not sure thats ever going to be his strength again anyway, and he looked out of shape. Owens and such dont look out of shape, they just look like thats their shape. Storm looked unfit.

He did show charisma and looked like he was on it mentally, his eyes were sharp and his character focused.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:14 am

Why not Sami Zayn? He and Cena had a great match before (albeit with the injury issue) he has been kept off WWE television but has competed in EVOLVE recently, potentially to get ring sharp for a big appearance, and is seemingly done and dusted with NXT...

Definite face character who could work with a wide range of the roster as well as opening up the tantalising future potential for a big screen Zayn/Owens contest around combining the US/IC titles

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:19 am

Would be great if it was Zayn. He could potentially keep the US open challenge thing going too as hes definitely that type of face. The crowd would go mad for him if he came out for it, and when he won it.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:18 pm

JoshSansom wrote:Why not Sami Zayn?
Because he's rehabbing his shoulder until Jan. He only appeared at Evolve he didn't wrestle. But he'd be my number 1 pick if fit and if he is in shape to wrestle and appears, I'd mark out.

I think it will be a(nother) chance for Ambrose to get a title run.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:32 am

Sami Zayn would definitely be my number one choice. Trying to convince myself that he is still in rehab and its not just a work to swerve us.

Kurt Angle is in LA tonight...

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:21 am

Kurt is still contracted to TNA surely? I mean, that would be insane, but it wont happen.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:38 am

James StormVerified account
‏@JamesStormBrand
Up early on my @Delta 1st class flight. Going to be a long day but a GREAT night. #$9.99 #SorryAboutYourDamnLuck

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:40 am

You know what, I think WWE are spreading a lot of false rumour to drum up interest. And good! Thats how you do it.

News being spread that Bryan has confirmed he is to take part at HIAC tonight having been cleared. Samoa Joe is also another rumour going around. It really could be someone big, and I hope it is now cos if its Breeze his moment will be crud because people will have wanted the surprise.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:45 am

Yeah their has been a fair few popping up today.

Seen Bryan,Joe,Sheamus,Breeze,Luke Harper & a returning Alberto Del Rio

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:46 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:You know what, I think WWE are spreading a lot of false rumour to drum up interest. And good! Thats how you do it.

News being spread that Bryan has confirmed he is to take part at HIAC tonight having been cleared.  Samoa Joe is also another rumour going around. It really could be someone big, and I hope it is now cos if its Breeze his moment will be crud because people will have wanted the surprise.

I wanted it to be Breeze but I think it wont be him anymore, if they were going to put the title on him they would have saved it for his debut moment I reckon.

I like this, I like rampant speculation. Its got me interested in atleast this one match.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:50 am

Balor is one I have seen

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:52 am

Im looking forward to the amazing let down of Sheamus/Big Show gunna be Mysterio-esque Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:55 am

Chat box tonight lol?

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:01 am

Kurt angle is also in the area of the ppv

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:38 am

Heath Slater tweeted he wants the shot Whistle

I heard WCW Robocop was showing up tonight.

And Kanyon.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:40 am

Marky wrote:Heath Slater tweeted he wants the shot Whistle

I heard WCW Robocop was showing up tonight.

And Kanyon.

Is Kanyon no dead? That would be some comeback.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:28 am

ncfc_Tooze wrote:Kurt angle is also in the area of the ppv

Haven't seen you on here for a while mate. How you been?

Also I'd love it to be Bryan or Angle

I think it will be Breeze or Sheamus though.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:29 am

Terry Funk had his last ever match last night, so in true Funk fashion I think he should immediately wrestle again and be the man to take the challenge tonight.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:32 am

Sheamus makes sense. Nobody wants him cashing in MITB this side of Mania (if at all), so a US Title run and feud with the returning Cena in December/January/February keeps him out of the main event. Then loses it, then cashes in for a April to July/August reign.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:36 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:You know what, I think WWE are spreading a lot of false rumour to drum up interest. And good! Thats how you do it.

News being spread that Bryan has confirmed he is to take part at HIAC tonight having been cleared.  Samoa Joe is also another rumour going around. It really could be someone big, and I hope it is now cos if its Breeze his moment will be crud because people will have wanted the surprise.

In theory you are correct but WWE also has a habit of then offering the least satisfying revel coughJerichochough

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:42 am

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:

In theory you are correct but WWE also has a habit of then offering the least satisfying revel coughJerichochough

True, one too many times and no one cares about the surprise any more. TNA are the proof of this rule

#OMGITSDEVON #OMGITSDLO #OMGITSTAZZ

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:13 am

I'm not too bad Nick mate, how's you?

breaking news:

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:12 am

People to rule out:

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:32 am

Fernando wrote:
People to rule out:

So we're all agreed it's defiantly Shawn Micheals then?

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:37 am

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:
Fernando wrote:
People to rule out:

So we're all agreed it's defiantly Shawn Micheals then?

Yes although...

Spoiler:

Also remember it's a midnight start guys since clocks gone back Smile

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:52 am

Stone Cold said on the podcast he'd be there

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:59 am

My bad didn't listen to it or pay any attention to the recap i posted Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next