The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rollins injured at Dublin show; title vacated

+10
Gregers
GSC
Hero
Samo
kingraf
Marky
Prometheus
Dolphin Ziggler
Fernando
President Trump
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rollins injured at Dublin show; title vacated Empty Rollins injured at Dublin show; title vacated

Post by President Trump Thu 05 Nov 2015, 10:19 am

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/638425-videos-more-footage-of-seth-rollins-possible-injury-at-tonights-wwe-dublin-live-event

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Rollins injured at Dublin show; title vacated Empty Re: Rollins injured at Dublin show; title vacated

Post by Fernando Thu 05 Nov 2015, 11:27 am

Rollins injured at Dublin show; title vacated GlisteningElasticCrocodile

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Rollins injured at Dublin show; title vacated Empty Re: Rollins injured at Dublin show; title vacated

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 05 Nov 2015, 11:27 am

Having seen the fall, its awkward but possibly not too nasty. If he is set to lose his title it would be a shame for both him and Reigns for the match to be a fraction of what it could have been.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu 05 Nov 2015, 11:39 am

Wasn't Bryan's injury Dublin too? WWE really need to stop going there.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 05 Nov 2015, 11:57 am

Prometheus wrote:Wasn't Bryan's injury Dublin too?  WWE really need to stop going there.

But... But... How else will Sheamus get over?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 05 Nov 2015, 12:07 pm

Dammit! and he got halfway to the 434. He better walk it off
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 05 Nov 2015, 2:56 pm

Looks like he jacked both his ankle and knee, it was a sore one. I hope he's OK as he's been one of the standouts over the past couple of years.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Thu 05 Nov 2015, 2:59 pm

His knee did buckle when he landed, sure give him the magic sponge and he'll be grand

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 05 Nov 2015, 4:57 pm

Marky wrote:
Prometheus wrote:Wasn't Bryan's injury Dublin too?  WWE really need to stop going there.

But... But... How else will Sheamus get over?

Sheamus shook hands with Balor in Dublin after losing their match.

Things Sheamus does? Shakes hands with people, apparently.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 05 Nov 2015, 7:45 pm

Seth Rollins has been ruled out for 6-9 months with a serious knee injury

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 05 Nov 2015, 7:46 pm

Tournament at Survivor Series for the title.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 05 Nov 2015, 7:48 pm

Somewhere right now CM Punk is trying to look incredibly not bothered but inside is fistpumping.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 05 Nov 2015, 7:50 pm

Decent chance Sheamus cashes in on the winner I guess. Not entirely upset this title reign is over, won't live long in the memory.

Never want to see someone get a serious injury, if he can avoid retearing the ACL he should be able to return to full strength.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 05 Nov 2015, 7:57 pm

If they have been holding back a Bryan return then this might be the time to do it.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 05 Nov 2015, 7:58 pm

Well that sucks, Rollins will be missed as top heel 

The main event is looking very bare now, no Rollins/Orton/Cena

Hope he gets better sooner rather than later

Cena to return and win the title at Survivor Series?

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 05 Nov 2015, 7:59 pm

Possible winners would seem to be:

Reigns, Sheamus, Ambrose.

People who have a chance if they return:

Lesnar (unlikely they want a part-time title reign now with their star power missing), Bryan (if hes ready, willing and Gable)

Outside chance:

Cesaro, Owens

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 05 Nov 2015, 8:00 pm

Reigns vs Ambrose in the final with a cash in.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 05 Nov 2015, 8:02 pm

"right ACL/MCL/medial meniscus tears"

That is...that's probably quite terrifying.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 05 Nov 2015, 8:04 pm

GSC wrote:Reigns vs Ambrose in the final with a cash in.

The crowd will already be annoyed at Reigns for beating Ambrose, I feel like this is the best way to get Sheamus cheered. And you know a crowd is being stubborn when they cheer Sheamus.

Of course, Ambrose could win, but I don't see WWE having a face Ambrose beat Reigns, and I don't see them having a heel Ambrose cashed in on.

I don't want the Ambrose heel turn but it would seem as likely as anything else. It would be a sad way for him to win his first title as WWE will not have wanted it to happen at all.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 05 Nov 2015, 8:05 pm

Dastardly heel gets grievous leg injury, is out for a long time, potentially returns to a massive babyface pop?

Wow, Seth really is Triple H mark 2.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 05 Nov 2015, 8:08 pm

Gonna miss Mania too. I'd imagine they already had plans for him, so there is due to be some shifting around here.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 05 Nov 2015, 8:09 pm

You cant help but feel gutted for the guy, like I said he has been a shining star since he went on a singles career. I saw the incident from a different angle and it looked really nasty. Looks like he'll be outside the time frame for WrestleMania aswell, which is a real shame.

On the plus side for him, he'll no doubt return as a face which could propel him further up the ranks. And one night title tournament is what Survivor Series is all about.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 05 Nov 2015, 8:10 pm

My god it will be even better if he returns to finally kill the Authority and also as the proper Shield reunion. SummerSlam, the Shield versus HHH and his Authority minions.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 05 Nov 2015, 8:19 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:"right ACL/MCL/medial meniscus tears"

That is...that's probably quite terrifying.

ACL seems to be the big one (going off the NFL).

But yeah thats destruction.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 05 Nov 2015, 8:21 pm

Video:

Heres the video I mentioned, it looks nasty.

Anyone else think he's taking this 'Triple H protege' thing a bit too seriously?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCultOfPersonality Thu 05 Nov 2015, 8:22 pm

I can easily see WWE going into panic mode and calling back John Cena early from his little break.

I think the predictable situation could be Reigns vs Ambrose in the final only for Sheamus to cash in.

I personally would like to see Lesnar given the belt again. Let him show at Survivor Series to the shock of everyone and just beast it up.

TheCultOfPersonality

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 06 Nov 2015, 8:34 am

Batista as a heel would work. Replacement authority figure and doesn't need to mess up other existing plans.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Fri 06 Nov 2015, 10:16 am

Batista was only talking about a possible return to WWE in an interview I read and as a heel too as he wasn't happy with the last return with him as a face

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Brilliant_yep Fri 06 Nov 2015, 12:52 pm

I knew things were going a bit too well to be true.

I wish him a speedy recovery,I can't even imagine how he's feeling right now.

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 06 Nov 2015, 2:23 pm

Shame for Rollins, While I wasn't enjoying his reign I didn't put any of that down to him, I felt he did almost everything well but the storyline surrounding him was weak, it did feel like he was keeping the belt warm for Reigns although I also think the WWE would've been looking at him as potentially breaking Punk's record given he's a good way into it now.

Apart from the injury itself this does him no harm at all, it allows the fans to miss him, he finished the match which portrays him as a mega badass and it allows him to come back completely fresh from jnjury and storyline, he's a natural dace for me and this allows them to turn him organically as he'll get a pop...it also kills the whole "Shield reunion" debate for a while which is also a good thing, having all three work in close proximity was always going to keep that thought in our minds, it allows Reigns and Amrbose to seperate themselves from each other and Rollins.

If original WrestleMania plans were for Rollins/HHH then i wonder what would be in store for HHH now although I felt it'd more likely be Rollins vs Reigns for the Title.

Sheamus with the case is a pure rib, no idea what the logic was or even still is with that decision.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 06 Nov 2015, 2:28 pm

MitB on Reigns really wouldn't have worked well I thought.

Works best on a heel, and with no strong contenders Sheamus was a reasonable safe choice if they ever needed a placeholder reign in their backpocket.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 06 Nov 2015, 2:38 pm

If Reigns had held MitB he would have had to cash in at the next nearest opportunity, not saying he would have been a better or worse choice than Sheamus but he would have nessecitated a complete change in WWEs booking plans

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 06 Nov 2015, 2:38 pm

It depends what you want to do with the MitB though, if you want to cash it in at the end of a match then maybe a heel is better, I don't necessarily agree but I can definitely see your point, if you want the MitB winner to do what Cena or RVD did and schedule a match well in advance then thats entirely different.

I agree Reigns would have been the wrong choice at the time but at least he would have been a credible choice, a guy who they believe in and a guy they know will eventually be over in a huge way, Sheamus was just back, the crowd still didn't connect to him with his new heel persona and he now he's just existing, by the time he cashes in he'll either be another one to the small fail list of guys who cash in or be a transitional Champ, neither of which will be all that interesting..

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 06 Nov 2015, 2:51 pm

I'm not a big fan of scheduling MitB in advance though, both Cena and RVD were special cases (ECW 1NS, Raw 1000). Kinda feels like its defeating the purpose of it.

I just don't think there was an obvious pick this year, last year Rollins was a strong choice.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 06 Nov 2015, 3:23 pm

I actually am a big fan of scheduling a match well in advance, it helps build anticipation and theres no need for an over elaborate storyline driven feud, just the basic Champ and the guy who earned his right to challenge for it 1 on 1 and then build from there, I do like the shock value of cashing in after a match can give but i also feel thats well and truly played out now too, the only reason I feel Seth's was so widely accepted was because the majority of people didn't fancy the alternetive too much... i.e Reigns beating Lesnar.

A World Title is a World Title though, being a good guy shouldn't stop you from cashing it in at the most opportunistic moment, its not a cheap cash is as you've put your body on the line in a very dangerous Match to be afforded that chance - Maybe a face having a "cheap" cash in in exactly what is needed to reinvigorate that style of Cash in

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 06 Nov 2015, 3:41 pm

The problem is WWE has a very rigid view of faces and heels. Only Ambrose could really do it I think.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 06 Nov 2015, 3:44 pm

Betting wise prior to Rollins injury, a few sites were taking odds on a Shield triple threat at WM and Ambrose was 2nd fave for the Rumble at 4/1 (after Lesnar at 8/3).

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 06 Nov 2015, 4:07 pm

I'd not be overly shocked to see the Authority screw Reigns to help Ambrose become the Champ at Survivor Series

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 06 Nov 2015, 4:09 pm

I'd actually prefer them to pull a shock to what people are expecting and do the reverse, for Ambrose to win clean then have Reigns turn on him.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 06 Nov 2015, 4:12 pm

Hero wrote:I'd actually prefer them to pull a shock to what people are expecting and do the reverse, for Ambrose to win clean then have Reigns turn on him.
I think that would be far more intriguing and would get both of them over even more but I just think they'd want to keep Reigns face for now, particularly with Cena and Orton out of the picture for now.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 06 Nov 2015, 5:11 pm

#PushOwens

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 06 Nov 2015, 5:33 pm

So if we're presuming an 8 man tournament that gives us:

Reigns
Ambrose
Cesaro
Owens
Del Rio
Sheamus

And who else?
Jericho maybe?

Or Neville...

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 06 Nov 2015, 5:36 pm

Could see Wyatt in there. Given whats just went down what better way to solidify Wyatt than having the WWE title?

You've got Ziggler aswell. They could hold off on the match with Breeze by having Breeze cost Ziggler his match at the PPV then build to a match at TLC.

Im excited. Deadly Game practically made The Rock and Mankind into legit main event stars over night. This will be a great test of WWEs creative going forward. If they cant come out of this then the future is bleak.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 06 Nov 2015, 5:40 pm

They could go Ryback if they've given up on doing anything good

Wyatt will face taker in the 4 on 4 elimination match, that means Kane is out if contention as well (thankfully)

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 06 Nov 2015, 6:16 pm

They might halt anything on Ziggler and Breeze to have Breeze cost Ziggler a match during the night.

I don't want Ambrose to turn, I don't really want Reigns to turn. Both would be weakened as characters and the show would be weakened by having them depend on the stale Authority. The only way I want the Authority involved is with Sheamus because he needs help. Maybe Owens because I think Owens needs to bump heads with them somewhere down the line to turn face.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 06 Nov 2015, 6:28 pm

What are the chances we'll get a return of the awesome deadly games theme?

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 06 Nov 2015, 7:31 pm

Is it bad that its taken a serious injury and necessity to bring us up a topic with such discussion and speculation?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 07 Nov 2015, 1:43 pm

Reigns
Ambrose
Owens
Cesaro
Samoa Joe
Del Rio
Ziggler
James Storm

That would be quite a very open and interesting tournament.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat 07 Nov 2015, 1:54 pm

I doubt Joe or Storm will be in it tbh. Joe has just started a new program on NXT and Storm has been in the company five minutes. Its more likely to be Sheamus and Neville.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 07 Nov 2015, 9:10 pm

I think they would be absolutely stupid not to have some qualifying on Raw. 

I'd rather they had Sheamus out of the way too. Makes a cash-in more interesting and if they are planning the cash in it means they don't have to have their future champ lose a match the night he is crowned. 

Makes a lot of sense to me that The Authority recruit the MITB holder and the KOTR. 

They should really be looking at the fitness of Zayn and Bryan. The underdog babyface story is strong here. Zayn with an immediate Sheamus cash in introduces Zayn really hot but doesn't give him the run and pressure of that straight away. 

Reigns
Ambrose
Cesaro
Ziggler
Owens
Barrett
Big E
Zayn/Bryan or just go with Jericho and do some more to tease him and Ambrose feuding.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next