Burgess has left the building

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Burgess has left the building

Post by munkian on Thu 05 Nov 2015, 3:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

So, 12 months of being noshed off then spat out by the press and 'slammin' Sam has gone back to NRL.


Who will the England rugby hype machine brand as their next messiah ?


munkian

Posts : 6441
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 35
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down


Re: Burgess has left the building

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Sun 08 Nov 2015, 11:02 am

I see a couple of the WUMS are blaming Burgess for making an understandable and reasonable decision in moving back to the Rabbitoh's in League, the media scrutiny was pathetic and overblown. Accusations of him being a spoilt brat are more indicative of the posters making them than him as a person; a chance to return to a club where he is regarded as a legend playing with his brothers or carry on in Union where the national team screwed him and used him as scapegoat.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 10635
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Burgess has left the building

Post by Riskysports on Sun 08 Nov 2015, 10:40 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:I see a couple of the WUMS are blaming Burgess for making an understandable and reasonable decision in moving back to the Rabbitoh's in League, the media scrutiny was pathetic and overblown. Accusations of him being a spoilt brat are more indicative of the posters making them than him as a person; a chance to return to a club where he is regarded as a legend playing with his brothers or carry on in Union where the national team screwed him and used him as scapegoat.

That would be fine if he did not break a contract and totally let down his club and team mates ) they still thought he was still playing that weekend

No one used him as a scapegoat. Most people blame the management

It sounds like he never had intentions to stay as he missed his family




Riskysports

Posts : 2843
Join date : 2011-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Burgess has left the building

Post by Gwlad on Sun 03 Jan 2016, 7:03 am

johnrgby wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:Depends if you're talking about English league players going on to be greats in union. There's a fair few who have been good.

IMHO a few is probably more like it, but they nearly all came with the same hype as Burgess

He's right, a fair few have been good

Vanikolo
Paul
Farrell
Burgess

inter alia

All success stories, managed to go from League into the top level of Union for England.


Gwlad

Posts : 1952
Join date : 2014-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Burgess has left the building

Post by yappysnap on Sun 03 Jan 2016, 8:43 am

Gwlad wrote:
johnrgby wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:Depends if you're talking about English league players going on to be greats in union. There's a fair few who have been good.

IMHO a few is probably more like it, but they nearly all came with the same hype as Burgess

He's right, a fair few have been good

Vanikolo
Paul
Farrell

inter alia

All success stories, managed to go from League into the top level of Union for England.


And interestingly they've all helped to beat Wales at one time or another... Yahoo

yappysnap

Posts : 10367
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 28
Location : Guildford, Surrey

Back to top Go down

Re: Burgess has left the building

Post by Griff on Sun 03 Jan 2016, 10:03 am

yappysnap wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
johnrgby wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:Depends if you're talking about English league players going on to be greats in union. There's a fair few who have been good.

IMHO a few is probably more like it, but they nearly all came with the same hype as Burgess

He's right, a fair few have been good

Vanikolo
Paul
Farrell

inter alia

All success stories, managed to go from League into the top level of Union for England.


And interestingly they've all helped to beat Wales at one time or another... Yahoo

Not wanting to sound like a WUM but was interested so looked up those players:

Vainikolo never beat Wales. In fact he lost to them in his debut. At Twickenham. First time we'd won there for a thousand years!

Farrell (assume you mean Andy) - yes, he beat Wales but only in a World Cup warm up match.

Henry Paul - never played against Wales.

Griff

Posts : 5801
Join date : 2011-06-03
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Burgess has left the building

Post by yappysnap on Sun 03 Jan 2016, 10:12 am

Sorry Griff, I wasn't going to bother wasting time looking up the facts just to argue with a little child like Gwlad.

Should probably have guessed most of them hadn't managed wins, the crapbags.

Anyway that's enough of that OK

yappysnap

Posts : 10367
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 28
Location : Guildford, Surrey

Back to top Go down

Re: Burgess has left the building

Post by Gwlad on Sun 03 Jan 2016, 5:04 pm

yappysnap wrote:Sorry Griff, I wasn't going to bother wasting time looking up the facts just to argue with a little child like Gwlad.

Should probably have guessed most of them hadn't managed wins, the crapbags.

Anyway that's enough of that OK

Yeah, don't let annoying things like the facts get n the way of a WUM eh.

Gwlad

Posts : 1952
Join date : 2014-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Burgess has left the building

Post by Gwlad on Sun 03 Jan 2016, 5:12 pm

Griff wrote:
yappysnap wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
johnrgby wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:Depends if you're talking about English league players going on to be greats in union. There's a fair few who have been good.

IMHO a few is probably more like it, but they nearly all came with the same hype as Burgess

He's right, a fair few have been good

Vanikolo
Paul
Farrell

inter alia

All success stories, managed to go from League into the top level of Union for England.


And interestingly they've all helped to beat Wales at one time or another... Yahoo

Not wanting to sound like a WUM but was interested so looked up those players:

Vainikolo never beat Wales. In fact he lost to them in his debut. At Twickenham. First time we'd won there for a thousand years!

Farrell (assume you mean Andy) - yes, he beat Wales but only in a World Cup warm up match.

Henry Paul - never played against Wales.

You forgot Slammin' Sam

Gwlad

Posts : 1952
Join date : 2014-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Burgess has left the building

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:23 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum