The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GGG v Lemieux - Box office flop !!...

+11
TopHat24/7
BoxingFan88
Lance
ONETWOFOREVER
Herman Jaeger
AdamT
Rodney
milkyboy
AZZJ44
Soldier_Of_Fortune
TRUSSMAN66
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

GGG v Lemieux - Box office flop !!... Empty GGG v Lemieux - Box office flop !!...

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 06 Nov 2015, 9:05 pm

Surprised Haz hasn't written a thread about this !!! Cool

150,000 buys for Lemieux v GGG............Not good..........Same as the Hopkins v half dead Roy Jones 2 debacle.

Talking about Lemieux would anyone give him a chance against......

Benn...Eubank...Nunn........Mccallum.......Hagler.......Hearns....Kalambay....Graham........Collins......Martinez.....Hoppo...Pavlik......Tate...

Thought not......

Time for GGG to move up to 168 and fight someone decent me thinks....Instead of taking out the trash.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

GGG v Lemieux - Box office flop !!... Empty Re: GGG v Lemieux - Box office flop !!...

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 06 Nov 2015, 9:21 pm

Considering Canelo v Cotton will end in a draw with a rematch, Quillan aside there is no one that will trouble him.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

GGG v Lemieux - Box office flop !!... Empty Re: GGG v Lemieux - Box office flop !!...

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 06 Nov 2015, 9:45 pm

More reason to move up...

No one cares about this lineal real champion crap...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AZZJ44 Sat 07 Nov 2015, 9:09 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Considering Canelo v Cotton will end in a draw with a rematch, Quillan aside there is no one that will trouble him.

Who is there at smw?
With Ward moving up and Froch retiring the division is wide open for somebody to be the number one. Degale might give him a good argument. Could see Groves, Jack and Dirrell all being stopped. The best fighters have left super middle.

AZZJ44

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 07 Nov 2015, 9:35 am

Lemieux is a game carthorse with a punch. There was a lot of wishful thinking that he'd be competitive against 3G.

All the figures show is that golovkin is big news in the boxing fraternity but still small news to the wider sporting population. If he wants big numbers he needs a big name. Which means calling Alvarez' bluff at 155 (or have his bluff called, depending on perspective) or hunt bigger names at higher weights.

Thats if he wants big numbers. He can sit at middle and have a dominant reign picking up regular smaller paycheques if he wants.

Until Eubank junior spanks him:whistle:

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 07 Nov 2015, 9:48 am

You aren't telling me Groves/Degale v GGG wouldn't get the juices flowing more than the garbage at middle...

Are you Azz ??

Good post Milky...Are you feeling okay ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Sat 07 Nov 2015, 10:01 am

Not bad for a Kazakh and a Canadian - to be honest couldnt care less if only 3 people bought it - GGG is the best in world , exciting, wants to fight the best and best of all isn't a little midget be11end.

Cheers, rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 07 Nov 2015, 10:13 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You aren't telling me Groves/Degale v GGG wouldn't get the juices flowing more than the garbage at middle...

Are you Azz ??

Well I'm clearly losing my touch if you're agreeing with me truss.

I think golovkin beats them all, but there's still more talent, albeit less proven than it was, at super middle, than at middle (assuming ward no longer sees himself as a 168 fighter...).

There's some  mouthwatering fights at 175 if he's prepared to back up his team's comments that they'll fight anyone up to that weight.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 07 Nov 2015, 10:34 am

Rodney wrote:Not bad for a Kazakh and a Canadian - to be honest couldnt care less if only 3 people bought it - GGG is the best in world , exciting, wants to fight the best and best of all isn't a little midget be11end.

Cheers, rodders

Sitting on the fence as usual hey Rod...

GGG needs testing....Beats Degale in a 50/50 and all his detractors will concede he's a great fighter...

Ward is number 1 for me...He's proven...

Still all about opinions..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AZZJ44 Sat 07 Nov 2015, 10:39 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You aren't telling me Groves/Degale v GGG wouldn't get the juices flowing more than the garbage at middle...

Are you Azz ??

From a British standpoint I'd enjoy them. I'd much prefer to see a GGG Alvarez fight if it was a toss up though. Golovkin can move up after that. Super middle is so poor now that he'll clear it out easily.

AZZJ44

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Sat 07 Nov 2015, 10:41 am

How come Degale is big news all of a sudden ?? Let him prove himself first as Im not confident he holds onto that strap very long.

GGG v Cotto/Canelo winner is a neccessity next.

Cheers , rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 07 Nov 2015, 11:11 am

A decent..slippery....bigger southpaw would be a top win for GGG...

No one is suggesting Degale is Ray Robbo reincarnated...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 07 Nov 2015, 12:13 pm

And he's. Back!!

Welcome back Truss!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sat 07 Nov 2015, 8:02 pm

Looking forward to watching Jamie Cox box tonight, never seen him before but saw a couple of interviews and he looks confident. Could be a future DeGale opponent. Truss won't be able to watch it as its on Boxnation.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Nov 2015, 8:28 am

See you've eaten your humble pie and apologized TRUSSY. I only say that cos I didn't see any posts clamouring for your return thus enticing you out of retirement!

Think GGG has to fight the Camelo/Cotto winner then get the hell outta Dodge. Problem is, I think he may end up like Mosley, namely being a tad more ineffective higher up but at least chasing the bigger fights although it will ultimately "damage his legacy"

Play nicely with Toppy!

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 09 Nov 2015, 8:41 am

I have been playing nice recently. hence tgthe post numbers being down a huge amount.

I agree about GGG not being as effective at Higher weights. Not sure if i would make any SM favourite against him. Ward is effectivley a LHW now so he is out.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Nov 2015, 9:06 am

AdamT wrote:I have been playing nice recently. hence tgthe post numbers being down a huge amount.

I agree about GGG not being as effective at Higher weights. Not sure if i would make any SM favourite against him. Ward is effectivley a LHW now so he is out.
You mean you've been less of a git? I've noticed...it's nice!

Why could Robinson move up and fight a decent LH like Maxim so late in his career but a MW like GGG can't? What motivation does he have or need? Money, fame, glory, recognition, reputation, kudos, desire, ambition?

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 09 Nov 2015, 9:09 am

Less of a git would be a fair way of putting it Dave.

I would like to see Lee vs GGG. I know how would win, but it is still a fight that interests me.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 09 Nov 2015, 9:50 am

Rodney wrote:Not bad for a Kazakh and a Canadian - to be honest couldnt care less if only 3 people bought it - GGG is the best in world , exciting, wants to fight the best and best of all isn't a little midget be11end.

Cheers, rodders

I presume you are talking about a certain little midgit who went 49-0.

Not bad for a midgit be11end.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 09 Nov 2015, 9:57 am

If GGG gets half the resume of a midget be11end, he will have an amzing career.

Funny how many class Floyd as boring. Did theses people watch him early on his career?

Too many people probably only seen his career following De La Hoya and Hatton.

Anyway if GGG were to move up 3 or 4 weights, he wouldn't have the skills to "run" like Floyd supposedly does. Also his famed power would mean jack all if he were to fight well above his weight.

I understand Floyd is a full Welter, but with the hand injuries and him starting his career at 130, do people seriously expect him to blast people out at 147-154?

Anyway people can hate Floyd, that is fair enough. To be honest he doesn't have many redeeming qualites outside of boxing. In saying that, GGG is a nobody compared to Floyd and nobody will care about him in 20 years. He is near his mid thirties and still isn't a ppv attraction.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 09 Nov 2015, 10:10 am

DAVE667 wrote:See you've eaten your humble pie and apologized TRUSSY. I only say that cos I didn't see any posts clamouring for your return thus enticing you out of retirement!

Think GGG has to fight the Camelo/Cotto winner then get the hell outta Dodge. Problem is, I think he may end up like Mosley, namely being a tad more ineffective higher up but at least chasing the bigger fights although it will ultimately "damage his legacy"

Play nicely with Toppy!

Haven't apologized to anybody.....Feel free to seek clarification on this point.. Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 09 Nov 2015, 11:03 am

Not sure how dismantling Murray and Lemieux would prepare him for DeGale or Dirrel. He's avoided Lara like the plague so I don't think he fancies the slicker boxers. I think the guys at MW suit him just fine for now.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 09 Nov 2015, 11:05 am

I think a bigger. slick southpaw at 168 would be enough for this guy to be regarded in the great category with his longevity chucked in.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 09 Nov 2015, 1:44 pm

I would be very impressed if he beat DeGale but I wouldn't start him as favourite off the back of wins against Murray and Lemieux.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 09 Nov 2015, 1:46 pm

Like to see how he copes out of his comfort zone..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Nov 2015, 1:57 pm

AdamT wrote:If GGG gets half the resume of a midget be11end, he will have an amzing career.

Funny how many class Floyd as boring. Did theses people watch him early on his career?

Too many people probably only seen his career following De La Hoya and Hatton.

Anyway if GGG were to move up 3 or 4 weights, he wouldn't have the skills to "run" like Floyd supposedly does. Also his famed power would mean jack all if he were to fight well above his weight.

I understand Floyd is a full Welter, but with the hand injuries and him starting his career at 130, do people seriously expect him to blast people out at 147-154?

Anyway people can hate Floyd, that is fair enough. To be honest he doesn't have many redeeming qualites outside of boxing. In saying that, GGG is a nobody compared to Floyd and nobody will care about him in 20 years. He is near his mid thirties and still isn't a ppv attraction.
Robbo was a Welter who moved up to challenge for the LH title and RJJ was a MW who challenged for, and WON, the HW title. Floyd claims to be better than both those guys yet has failed to get out his comfort zone and risk an L on his record. For him to be considered the best ever I'd have liked him to stick his neck on the chopping block and see how he fared.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 09 Nov 2015, 2:03 pm

The comment was more to do with Floyds hit and move tatics. I doubt RJJ could of stayed at Heavy and knocked out all comers.

GGG has serious power as a Middle, but he would NOT hold the same at higher weights.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Nov 2015, 2:20 pm

AdamT wrote:The comment was more to do with Floyds hit and move tatics. I doubt RJJ could of stayed at Heavy and knocked out all comers.

GGG has serious power as a Middle, but he would NOT hold the same at higher weights.
Benn's power didn't travel up to SM but the guy still went out there and got the job done with guts and determination and will to win. Wouldn't it be refreshing to see GGG up against guys where he doesn't hold the raw power advantage and see whether or not his actual boxing ability is good enough to see him through?

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 09 Nov 2015, 2:20 pm

I would love to see that, for sure!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 09 Nov 2015, 2:26 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
AdamT wrote:The comment was more to do with Floyds hit and move tatics. I doubt RJJ could of stayed at Heavy and knocked out all comers.

Benn's power didn't travel up to SM but the guy still went out there and got the job done with guts and determination and will to win. Wouldn't it be refreshing to see GGG up against guys where he doesn't hold the raw power advantage and see whether or not his actual boxing ability is good enough to see him through?

Apparently he should stay at middle and fight stiffs becaue he's a real fighter...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Nov 2015, 2:33 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Apparently he should stay at middle and fight stiffs becaue he's a real fighter...
Don't get me wrong, I like the guy but at the minute he's coasting.
It's like dating Jenna Jameson and only ever asking her for a shoulder massage.

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 09 Nov 2015, 2:34 pm

I don't think we have seen the tip of the iceberg from GGG yet, but that's just my opinion, always fighting in second gear

Last edited by BoxingFan88 on Mon 09 Nov 2015, 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 09 Nov 2015, 2:36 pm

Is GGG the same as PEAK,INVINCIBLE,PRIME,CUS MANAGED,KEVIN ROONEY TRAINED,IRON MIKE TYSON??

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 09 Nov 2015, 2:37 pm

Jenna Jameson with that plastic head....Wouldn't even want a shoulder massage......

Never seen a woman have plastic surgery and look better for it.....

My red devil can stay away from the knife.........Apart from when she's next in the kitchen....Which will probably be in March next year when she finally finds it !!! Sad

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 09 Nov 2015, 2:37 pm

AdamT wrote:Is GGG the same as PEAK,INVINCIBLE,PRIME,CUS MANAGED,KEVIN ROONEY TRAINED,IRON MIKE TYSON??

Nah Chuck Norris trained by Chuck Norris

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 09 Nov 2015, 2:39 pm

GGG would flatten Chuck Norris!

GGG once killed two stones with one bird. True story!

Last edited by AdamT on Mon 09 Nov 2015, 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 09 Nov 2015, 2:40 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:I don't think we have seen the tip of the iceberg from GGG yet

Don't mention iceberg.....It gives me palpitations !!!... Wondering when I'm going to be put through the ordeal of watching that again for the 1000th time !!!.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Nov 2015, 3:06 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Jenna Jameson with that plastic head....Wouldn't even want a shoulder massage......

Never seen a woman have plastic surgery and look better for it.....

My red devil can stay away from the knife.........Apart from when she's next in the kitchen....Which will probably be in March next year when she finally finds it !!! Sad
Try not to get too caught up on the fact that Jenna Jameson looks f*cking horrendous these days and focus on the brilliant analogy of dating a porn star but only getting a shoulder massage and having a fighter like GGG and only sticking him in with rubbish. I could have used the analogy of having a top of the line sports car and never driving it above 50mph but I figured people would appreciate the filth better....clearly not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 09 Nov 2015, 4:48 pm

Would GGG have the same devastating reputation if he had fought better and more versatile opponents? His team know what they are doing. He turned Sturm down a few years back, won't fight Lara, talks about moving up but changes his mind

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 09 Nov 2015, 5:03 pm

STURM??

Is that really your yardstick? Wow. The guy can't beat Geale (GGG TKO3) and Murray (TKO11), and lost on everyone but 2 judges scorecards to Macklin, but is supposed to offer some kind of test??

Sturm hasn't been stopped but he's fought absolute powder puff punchers (nobody in his last 10 fights has a ko% over 60%). Whereas most of GGG's higher profile victims (Murray, Geale, Rubio [for ages], Adamu, Ishida etc) hadn't been stopped either.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 09 Nov 2015, 5:37 pm

This was 5 years ago. Point being he has always liked to build a reputation by fighting certain styles.

He may think he can beat Lara but he prefers guys he can find easily and look exciting against. Expect 5 years ago Sturm could have gotten him swinging at thin air a little

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 09 Nov 2015, 6:00 pm

Monroe and Stevens are the same style as Murray or Geale??

5 years ago GGG was still locked into that awful German promotional contract. Didn't really start making waves until Proksa in 2012. Same sort of time as Sturm was losing to Geale, Murray, Macklin etc. In 2009/10 Sturm was beating the great Giovanni Lorenzo, Khoren Gevor and Koji Sato. Yeh, me neither.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 09 Nov 2015, 6:58 pm

How about Lara? What's your view on Golovkin refusing this fight. Apparently he can't be considered until he's beaten some guys at MW, obviously a different situation for Canelo. I think Golovkin is matched well to keep him in exciting fights that he can finish early. Yet to see anything to prove me wrong

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 09 Nov 2015, 7:00 pm

No way Sturm lost to Murray, but that's another story

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Nov 2015, 7:37 pm

Lance wrote:Would GGG have the same devastating reputation if he had fought better and more versatile opponents? His team know what they are doing. He turned Sturm down a few years back, won't fight Lara, talks about moving up but changes his mind

Interestingly I was reading up on GGG a week or two ago and he claimed that he was always overlooked by his promotional team in favor of Sturm and Zbik both of whom were getting the bigger fighters and the exposure. Also he or his team claim that they were turned down for fights against Sturm and Zbik.

As for Lara I don't know the full situation but until very recently he has been campaigning below MW and only recently been calling out GGG, I'm happy to be corrected on this. But lets be honest he's not on any promoters to promote list. I'd be happy to see this fight as I defo think he'd make it interesting.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 10 Nov 2015, 10:52 am

Lance wrote:How about Lara? What's your view on Golovkin refusing this fight. Apparently he can't be considered until he's beaten some guys at MW, obviously a different situation for Canelo. I think Golovkin is matched well to keep him in exciting fights that he can finish early. Yet to see anything to prove me wrong

Would really like to see the Lara fight, that's another I'd like GGG to bluff call. They've similar amateur pedigree and it would good to see GGG up against a slippery technically gifted southpaw.

However accusations of ducking are a little far fetched. GGG has only ever mooted fighting at LMW to tempt Floyd ($$$$$ like everyone else) and should be calling Canelo's bluff for similar reasons. Lara has never campaigned above LMW though, nor has he showed any inclination to move up for a fight versus GGG (or anyone else at MW), so I'm not sure how much real weight there is behind the story of GGG 'refusing' the fight, especially in the context of how poorly Lara sells.

There's no money to tempt GGG down and no inclination for Lara to move up. Basically.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AZZJ44 Tue 10 Nov 2015, 10:49 pm

Lara against GGG would be 'track fest' (as the idiots on Facebook say regarding Floyd v anyone). Lara would run the whole fight and ruin it as a spectacle. No doubt in my mind.

AZZJ44

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 10 Nov 2015, 10:53 pm

Better to just have GGG fighting guys who aren't cute enough to get out of the way then....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AZZJ44 Tue 10 Nov 2015, 11:41 pm

I like your thinking there good stuff.

AZZJ44

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 11 Nov 2015, 8:23 am

I know it's not hard but you've lost me mate.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next