The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

London Golf Show

5 posters

Go down

London Golf Show  Empty London Golf Show

Post by BlueCoverman Tue 10 Nov 2015, 9:00 am

The London Golf Show is on this week from Friday until Sunday at Bluewater. Thinking about taking a trip there, has anyone been before? Is it worth a day out?

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

London Golf Show  Empty Re: London Golf Show

Post by Roller_Coaster Tue 10 Nov 2015, 9:40 am

Looks better than a trip to Tesco. Never been but would have a shufty if I was within an hour or so of it. Go and let us know...

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Tue 10 Nov 2015, 10:58 am

We went last year having bought discount tickets in advance - it's a bit of a nightmare to find in the complex but not bad once you're in. I'd say it's not as good as when it was at ExCel a few years ago. We ended up bagging quite a few bargains at the Puma stand (the more we bought, the more discount we got!) but the rest of it was pretty poor IMO. We're not going this year because we don't need anything. American Golf are the main retailer this year so it might be a bit better. Rather a lot of stands trying to sell you holidays and property and if you want a beer or something, be prepared to fork out for it! But if you're at a loose end and fancy a trip (there are plenty of restaurants around Bluewater - would recommend Cote - so if you want to take Mrs Blue, you can treat her afterwards) but be prepared to queue to get in and out of the car parks.
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Tue 10 Nov 2015, 1:30 pm

Some of my friends have been to this. Essentially it's like spending an afternoon in American Golf, with people constantly trying to sell you stuff.

If you want to try out new kit, all the OEMs are usually there, with demo clubs and simulators. Don't expect much in the way of discounts though. If you're nice you should be able to come away with freebies like balls, markers, etc.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 10 Nov 2015, 2:10 pm

LadyPutt wrote: We ended up bagging quite a few bargains at the Puma stand (the more we bought, the more discount we got!)
So you're all dressed up in orange now LP? Very Happy

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Tue 10 Nov 2015, 2:58 pm

pedro wrote:
LadyPutt wrote: We ended up bagging quite a few bargains at the Puma stand (the more we bought, the more discount we got!)
So you're all dressed up in orange now LP? Very Happy
Managed to avoid the orange but have to admit some of the colours (green and blue) are pretty bright! Wink
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Thu 12 Nov 2015, 9:46 am

Thanks all, got tickets for tomorrow. Mrs Blue is going to tag along, once she'd heard there was the opportunity for plenty of shopping and that I'd had a restaurant recommendation...  Laugh

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Mon 16 Nov 2015, 11:32 am

So Blue, presumably you now have...

Lots of bright garb you won't wear;
A timeshare in Vilamoura;
A voucher for a wedge fitting at a centre in the highlands;
Lots of junk mail from the companies that got your contact details; and,
A maxed out credit card as Mrs Blue caned it round Bluewater while you were at the golf bit.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Mon 16 Nov 2015, 12:56 pm

You're so right Roller, perhaps a trip to Tesco's would have been a better idea! Laugh

Seriously though it was worth a visit and we did enjoy it. Highlight for me was that I got to meet Neil Coles who some 25 years ago designed the course where I am a member. Still pretty sprightly at 81 and playing friendly golf a couple of times a week, he played competitively on the Seniors Tour until aged 72.

I didn't have the heart to tell him what various inept managers and committees have done to the course since his original design!

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down