The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PRO12 has new Managing Director and he isn't Irish :D :yahoo:

+12
Pot Hale
VinceWLB
Chunky Norwich
Stone Motif
St John The Enforcer
Steffan
SecretFly
Tattie Scones RRN
marty2086
Sin é
LordDowlais
ScarletSpiderman
16 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

PRO12 has new Managing Director and he isn't Irish :D :yahoo: - Page 2 Empty PRO12 has new Managing Director and he isn't Irish :D :yahoo:

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

Munchkin wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:Marty, your not interested in his comment regarding Australian involvement in the process or neutrality then...?
Hines seems to be saying that he is neutral,....
I read it pretty much the opposite......
Hmmmm... The headline yesterday was something like 'Scotland Pour Cold Water on Claim of bias'. Think that's the why it should be read.

But I'm an arrogant gimp, so don't take my word for it Very Happy

(note just cut all the quotes down for space)

If there were no Claims Of Bias, then the SRU would not have needed to poor cold water on them, no??

note: almost at that magic number of posts when the mods come and lock down the thread Yahoo
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

PRO12 has new Managing Director and he isn't Irish :D :yahoo: - Page 2 Empty Re: PRO12 has new Managing Director and he isn't Irish :D :yahoo:

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:59 pm

Munchkin wrote:No, that doesn't count. Don't ask me why though. Not telling  mad

Yes, it's all a bit knee jerk. Scotland should be in a semi final. Wales would have been, but for injuries, I believe. Small margins.

I feel for Scotland, if Joubert saw things different they would have been in, but then you can also argue if Foley had his kicking boots on they wouldn't, but then you can argue that if Ford and Grey had not been cited, banned, and unbanned they would have had more prep and been in.................

Fact is the NH fell short, and knee jerk reactions are always the first ones to hit the press.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

PRO12 has new Managing Director and he isn't Irish :D :yahoo: - Page 2 Empty Re: PRO12 has new Managing Director and he isn't Irish :D :yahoo:

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:09 pm

Yep, gutted for Scotland really, but encouraged by the signs that they are on the up.

There's so many variables as to the loses, but there isn't much of a gap between the NH and SH sides. The only real gap, and a huge gap, is between NZ and the rest. Can't see that changing any time soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:12 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/34577835

I think this is a fair assessment from the Pumas defence coach, playing the All Blacks more frequently has helped them

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:26 pm

I hate this league-ish talk of NH v SH.  You all love your leagues so much.  I blame it on football!

I grew up supporting the All Blacks, I think even before I even knew Ireland existed as a rugby playing Nation.  And I loved Campese and willed him on.  I have a soft spot for old South Africa this time after their shock to Japan - and would probably like them to go on to win the thing now (big ask against ABs in their form)

I don't really regard myself or my side as a 'NH' side, holding out the hopes for the others, or indeed  see Wales or Scotland as holding onto my hopes either.  It's a bit of a joke really when you see that we have SH coaches, that we have SH players.

I think the bunk about NH and SH weakens us.  Separate ourselves from that media guff and be ourselves, onto ourselves and try to beat the bejaysus out of anyone we come into contact with, be they from the South or the North.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:27 am

I did post about something, but decided it is that woeful a subject it deserves its own thread.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:59 am

Congratulations to the two PRO12 refs, Nigel Owens and John Lacey who are rated as the two best refs in the world at the moment.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:25 am

Sin é wrote:Congratulations to the two PRO12 refs, Nigel Owens and John Lacey who are rated as the two best refs in the world at the moment.

That are not either Australian or New Zealanders
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:36 am

Well no Aussies were deemed good enough to ref at any stage of the tournament and Jackson and Pollock weren't given any knockout games so yes the two best in the world boxing raspberry

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:38 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Sin é wrote:Congratulations to the two PRO12 refs, Nigel Owens and John Lacey who are rated as the two best refs in the world at the moment.

That are not either Australian or New Zealanders

... or English or French; which I guess is the main inference anyway.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:35 pm

New Pro12 MD doing a tour of PRO12 clubs/provinces/regions:

Here is what he is saying about them on twitter:

Martin Anayi ‏@TinoAnayi  Oct 16
Great day at Parc y Scarlets @scarlets_rugby @PRO12rugby & v impressed by their management, vision, and facilities

Martin Anayi ‏@TinoAnayi  Oct 26
What a fantastic venue for @PRO12rugby @ospreys interesting to find out more about the Club this am from management

Martin Anayi ‏@TinoAnayi  Oct 27
Spent the afternoon @dragonsrugby - Stuart is putting the Rodney Parade fan experience 1st - must be a rocking place to watch @PRO12rugby

Martin Anayi ‏@TinoAnayi  19h19 hours ago
Martin Anayi Retweeted Munster Rugby
Thanks @Munsterrugby a great organisation with clear vision on what @PRO12rugby can become & desire to help build it.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:10 pm

This has to go in this thread Laugh Laugh

Brian Moore ‏@brianmoore666 20m20 minutes ago
Unconfirmed but well sourced rumour Bruce Craig in Ireland discussing breakaway for Bath to pro12 if PRL don't stop clubs making statements

This response probably sums the situation up:

Brian McLaughlin ‏@briguy_1 15m15 minutes ago
@brianmoore666 that guy is about as popular as herpes in Ireland...
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:16 pm

Sin é wrote:This has to go in this thread Laugh Laugh

Unconfirmed but well sourced rumour Bruce Craig in Ireland  discussing breakaway for Bath to pro12 if PRL don't stop clubs making statements

laughing
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:19 pm

repost that over on the AP thread sin.... it'll lighten the mood.... Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:59 pm

Unconfirmed but well sourced rumour Bruce Craig in Ireland  discussing breakaway for Bath to pro12 if PRL don't stop clubs making statements

He's getting some response to that tweet. Hope he keeps up the good work.

Good man McLaughlin thumbsup I wouldn't want the likes of Craig or Wray anywhere near the Pro12.

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:59 pm

That'll be Chunky happy...or not

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:29 pm

Sin é wrote:New Pro12 MD doing a tour of PRO12 clubs/provinces/regions:

Here is what he is saying about them on twitter:

Martin Anayi ‏@TinoAnayi  Oct 16
Great day at Parc y Scarlets @scarlets_rugby @PRO12rugby & v impressed by their management, vision, and facilities

Martin Anayi ‏@TinoAnayi  Oct 26
What a fantastic venue for @PRO12rugby @ospreys interesting to find out more about the Club this am from management

Martin Anayi ‏@TinoAnayi  Oct 27
Spent the afternoon @dragonsrugby - Stuart is putting the Rodney Parade fan experience 1st - must be a rocking place to watch @PRO12rugby

Martin Anayi ‏@TinoAnayi  19h19 hours ago
Martin Anayi Retweeted Munster Rugby
Thanks @Munsterrugby a great organisation with clear vision on what @PRO12rugby can become & desire to help build it.

Great vision. Great club. Great management.

Everything's great. Job done.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:33 pm

Well 'vision' would imply that the job isn't done.

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:34 pm

Munchkin wrote:Well 'vision' would imply that the job isn't done.

and blinkered would indicate Chunkys arrived

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:40 pm

Slightly surprised he hasn't jumped on the Bath to Pro12 thing. Maybe he is working on the wording of a new thread though.

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:44 pm

Probably trying to figure out how it means the IRFU are rigging it all for the Provinces if it were to happen

Even though it seems to all come from one Brian Moore tweet and everyone seems to be running with it

Maybe if he could tweet how fair and even handed the Pro12 refs are we could kill most of the arguments on here

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:47 pm

marty2086 wrote:Probably trying to figure out how it means the IRFU are rigging it all for the Provinces if it were to happen

Even though it seems to all come from one Brian Moore tweet and everyone seems to be running with it

Maybe if he could tweet how fair and even handed the Pro12 refs are we could kill most of the arguments on here

People are buying it because Moore has never come across a the sort to lie and talk poop. And if he were to say the Pro12 refs were of a decent quality, we would all know he was talking poop and then his reputation would be gone.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:48 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
marty2086 wrote:Probably trying to figure out how it means the IRFU are rigging it all for the Provinces if it were to happen

People are buying it because Moore has never come across a the sort to lie and talk poop.  And if he were to say the Pro12 refs were of a decent quality, we would all know he was talking poop and then his reputation would be gone.

If you read the tweet he said it was not only unconfirmed but a rumour

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:14 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:

People are buying it because Moore has never come across a the sort to lie and talk poop.  And if he were to say the Pro12 refs were of a decent quality, we would all know he was talking poop and then his reputation would be gone.

Brian Moore talks plenty poop.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:18 pm

I won't actually believe it myself unless convinced by further information. If it is true, Craig is either panicking or, along with others, is hoping to promote his dream of a super league.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:19 pm

Funny if after having paid all those bribes the truth comes out anyway Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:39 pm

Munchkin wrote:I won't actually believe it myself unless convinced by further information. If it is true, Craig is either panicking or, along with others, is hoping to promote his dream of a super league.

The funny thing is that if true....he's in Ireland. The IRFU made it known they felt they were negotiating with a can of snakes in the European Championship. Brown seldom made a secret of it. That encounter was a barely disguised knife-in-the-back, bare-knuckle fight behind the closed doors for all participants. Left a lot of bad blood and a lot of mistrust.

And now here is one of the likely lads arriving with a dove of peace (after all the cotton-wool and 'advantages' sneers) to talk with, amongst others, the IRFU about being let into the Pro12...................... Laugh

It would be nice to be a fly-on-the-wall there (if true): "Hmmm............................ let's discuss..................terms. First up, I'm not sure we have enough European places left to be of a mind to share with you boys."

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:46 pm

Brian Moore ‏@brianmoore666 20s21 seconds ago
I am deleting this as it turns out to be unfounded & why it was heavily caveated; other comments not so guarded.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:50 pm

So Brian Moore confirms that he does talk Poop?

Some true believers will be in shock.. Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:01 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Munchkin wrote:I won't actually believe it myself unless convinced by further information. If it is true, Craig is either panicking or, along with others, is hoping to promote his dream of a super league.

The funny thing is that if true....he's in Ireland.  The IRFU made it known they felt they were negotiating with a can of snakes in the European Championship.  Brown seldom made a secret of it.  That encounter was a barely disguised knife-in-the-back, bare-knuckle fight behind the closed doors for all participants.  Left a lot of bad blood and a lot of mistrust.

And now here is one of the likely lads arriving with a dove of peace (after all the cotton-wool and 'advantages' sneers) to talk with, amongst others, the IRFU about being let into the Pro12...................... Laugh

It would be nice to be a fly-on-the-wall there (if true):  "Hmmm............................ let's discuss..................terms.   First up, I'm not sure we have enough European places left to be of a mind to share with you boys."  

I don't think the IRFU will be rolling out the red carpet for that spiv. More like rolling him in it Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:02 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:

Brian Moore ‏@brianmoore666 20s21 seconds ago
I am deleting this as it turns out to be unfounded & why it was heavily caveated; other comments not so guarded.

Well that's that one put to bed. Fun while it lasted though.

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:31 pm

SecretFly wrote:So Brian Moore confirms that he does talk Poop?

Some true believers will be in shock.. Wink

A retraction is a good thing no? Shows honesty.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:58 pm

Shows he was having a laugh and is covering up by saying he believed it to keep his.................em ...reputation in tact.

In other words, Scarlet..... make room for him under the bridge. He's not getting my place, I worked damn hard today to get it.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:26 pm

Munchkin wrote: still not evidence of any ref being a colleague of any of the Provinces players, much less any proof of your tin hatted conspiracy of collusion.

What about now?

Martin Anayi wrote:“The Unions provide the officials and that's important to make sure as we the Pro12 are not paying for the referees.”

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:33 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Munchkin wrote: still not evidence of any ref being a colleague of any of the Provinces players, much less any proof of your tin hatted conspiracy of collusion.

What about now?

Martin Anayi wrote:“The Unions provide the officials and that's important to make sure as we the Pro12 are not paying for the referees.”

What about what now? The Anay comment doesn't, in any way, back your tin hatted conspiracy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:33 pm

Very Happy Thought not.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:45 pm

If you think his comment in any way supports your comment that refs are colleagues of players/managers, spit it out.

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:47 pm

Munchkin to be fair on this one thing he is right, then again if you spout enough poop you are bound to be right on something but it also proves him wrong and that the Welsh refs are colleagues of the Welsh squad

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:01 pm

marty2086 wrote:Munchkin to be fair on this one thing he is right, then again if you spout enough poop you are bound to be right on something but it also proves him wrong and that the Welsh refs are colleagues of the Welsh squad

No he isn't. My argument was never that the Refs aren't employed by the Unions. Someone has to be paying them. My argument was that the refs are not colleagues of players and managers. I was clear in how I defined that. It's like saying a towns council building control manager is a colleague of a refuse collector.

colleague
1. One that is very similar to another in rank or position:
coequal, compeer, equal, equivalent, fellow, peer.
2. One who is united in a relationship with another:
affiliate, ally, associate, cohort, confederate, copartner, fellow, partner.

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:03 pm

Valid point I suppose

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:08 pm

It's an argument of semantics, but Chunky's definition is one that sides the ref with the player/manager/club, as if they were peers, playing for the same team. This is the tin hatted conspiracy I was referring too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:10 pm

Munchkin wrote:It's an argument of semantics, but Chunky's definition is one that sides the ref with the player/manager/club, as if they were peers, playing for the same team. This is the tin hatted conspiracy I was referring too.

Hmm not really a conspiracy is it.

IRFU>Owns 4 provinces

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

IRFU>Pays referees

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

IRFU paid Refeees > referee those provinces that IRFU own

Now. Hands up anybody on this forum that disagrees with any of this.

Anybody?

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:16 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Munchkin wrote:It's an argument of semantics, but Chunky's definition is one that sides the ref with the player/manager/club, as if they were peers, playing for the same team. This is the tin hatted conspiracy I was referring too.

Hmm not really a conspiracy is it.

IRFU>Owns 4 provinces

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

IRFU>Pays referees

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

IRFU paid Refeees > referee those provinces that IRFU own

Now. Hands up anybody on this forum that disagrees with any of this.

Anybody?

You are bordering on genius notworthy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:53 pm

Point made.

Any sane person will join up the dots.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:57 pm

Keep providing the giggles, Chunky. You're great value Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:59 pm

Pro 12 has referees problems, if Lacey is considered the best Irish ref we are in serious troubles, another pathetic performance from him right now including the softest yellow card i have ever seen after 4 odds minutes. Maybe he is just bitter Argentina kicked Ireland arse i don't know.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:00 pm

VinceWLB wrote:Pro 12 has referees problems, if Lacey is considered the best Irish ref we are in serious troubles, another pathetic performance from him right now including the softest yellow card i have ever seen after 4 odds minutes. Maybe he is just bitter Argentina kicked Ireland arse i don't know.

Indeed. Watch out for flying potatoes with that attitude though.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:02 pm

VinceWLB wrote:Pro 12 has referees problems, if Lacey is considered the best Irish ref we are in serious troubles, another pathetic performance from him right now including the softest yellow card i have ever seen after 4 odds minutes. Maybe he is just bitter Argentina kicked Ireland arse i don't know.

Have you been bitten by a troll? Might be infectious...

Surprised at you, Vince.

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:02 pm

He's having a good game. Time doesn't dictate when you get a yellow.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:04 pm

Munchkin wrote:

Have you been bitten by a troll? Might be infectious...

Surprised at you, Vince.

I just find it strange how ref are rated and for me this is not acceptable, did you agree with the yellow card?

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:05 pm

SecretFly wrote:He's having a good game.  Time doesn't dictate when you get a yellow.  

Still that's got to be the softest yellow card ever, tackle wasn't even completed.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next