#PrayForParis Empty Re: #PrayForParis

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 12:11 am

What has become of humanity - those poor poor people
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 12:45 am

Horrific to hear about. My deepest sympathies go out to the victims and their families.

I think such an attack was, most sadly, expected after the news this morning. With France going into lockdown - curfew, emergency healthcare plan adopted, borders shut down, 1,500 troops drafted in - I think they are, quite justifiably, fearing another attack. I imagine our government, and the American government, are on high-alert as well.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 1:23 am

It's... hard. To be hit with terrorist attacks like this, just a few months after the Charlie events, it's really hard to take. In such times, one turns to those closest to one, and I feel immensely grateful that I have a loving wife and family to support me, even if right now they're quite far away. Hard to contemplate going to sleep right now, so trudging around from news-site, while spending a fair bit of time on Facebook and other community sites, such as this one, in an attempt to get some comfort from human company. Very grateful also to my friends who went out for a few drinks with me when the news broke, to take my mind off the horrific events for a while. Thank you...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 2:47 am

Sad terrible but no surprise sadly.

Who is behind this whole mess?

''Because you love bloodshed, so bloodshed will pursue you''

Thoughts for Paris

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 8:56 am

only Only just found out about this. Incredible to think peiple can be this cruel and cold hearted. Time for a rethink on policy in fighting terrorism.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 9:01 am

The problem is these people think they are doing us a favor. They think we'd all benefit from living in a Caliphate. They are idealists and unlike most terrorist organization's murder isn't personal but collateral damage to make the World a better place. When you add in the mix a bastardized version of Islam that states If you lay down your life for Allah you will receive eternal riches in the afterlife...It makes them formidable..

If a guy believes he isn't doing anything wrong and is prepared to die...Good luck in fighting him...

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter..

It's 2015 and I'm afraid the rules have changed..

They aren't going away..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 9:43 am

If only we engaged more effectively with community leaders.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 9:55 am

Think the Frebch are in a slighth unique situation because they are fighting ISIS on multiple front. They've got a disproportionate amount of Islam prisoners ,wgich points to disenfranchised members of society and they can't get a grip on gun influx. Its a worrying cocktail
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 1:03 pm

Pure evil, no other ways to describe it.

Should be no grey area anymore, ISIS need to be wiped off the face of the earth
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 2:08 pm

All this bull@*it 'Disenfranchised members of society' language needs to stop. We need to go in hard, my opinion is it will be very easy to get rid of them in Syria. They are by no means a professional army, my nan could shoot unarmed members of the public quite easily. Main problem would be the British born sympathises turned terrorists, and the game of politically correct/human rights game of cat and mouse where we can't act even though we know certain individuals are intending to kill.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 2:11 pm

GSC wrote:Pure evil, no other ways to describe it.

Should be no grey area anymore, ISIS need to be wiped off the face of the earth

Hell is big enough for all evil

there is no good side in this conflict.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 2:16 pm

If you didn't sound completely thick 12, then I would find you offensive. I think you probably mean well.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 2:34 pm

aja424 wrote:If you didn't sound completely thick 12, then I would find you offensive. I think you probably mean well.

Lets be serious aja

you have warped minded killers committing acts such as last night and you have corparate backed crooked politicians committing illegal wars which eventually breeds the likes of ISIS.

Who benefits because it aint the everyday normal people who just want to eek out a living for their family or just go to a concert they are the ones getting killed but people are benefiting from this phony war on terror.

I am not choosing any side because this whole mess stinks to high heaven. Mock me all you want but the Most High does not get his world view from various media outlets he sees ALL and everything and he will pass judgement.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 2:35 pm

aja424 wrote:All this bull@*it 'Disenfranchised members of society' language needs to stop. We need to go in hard, my opinion is it will be very easy to get rid of them in Syria. They are by no means a professional army, my nan could shoot unarmed members of the public quite easily. Main problem would be the British born sympathises turned terrorists, and the game of politically correct/human rights game of cat and mouse where we can't act even though we know certain individuals are intending to kill.

There's three main problems I can see:

1) ISIS, because of their oil fields that they control, have large amounts of money. Such money, obviously, helps them obtain arms/members/create slick propaganda. Destroy the oil fields, stop their supply of money is Trump's idea.

2) Because of the absolutely ludicrous policies of the European Union, there are f**k knows how many members of ISIS living in our society, and that of other western countries, after popping over from North Africa. I mean, it was rather obvious to anyone with at least half-a-braincell that this would happen, but our dear leaders seem blissfully ignorant of it.

Furthermore, because of the delights of multiculturalism, we have a certain section of society (a minority, yes) completely ostracised and alienated from our values and beliefs. This can be underlined by the shocking survey taken in February, where 27% of 1,000 British Muslims claimed they had 'sympathy' with the motives of the Charlie Hebdo attackers, and where around 10% said the attacks were 'deserved.' Such people clearly sympathise with the aims of ISIS.

3) As Truss alluded to, the perpetrators of these attacks (as ever) are motivated by a higher cause, and the unwavering belief that they will go to Paradise with so-many virgins waiting for them. That alone makes ISIS more dangerous than perhaps any terror threat that our society has faced before. It places them beyond logical reason and, indeed, beyond humanity.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 2:48 pm

It's okay saying zero tolerance and go into Syria and do ISIS...But they all don't live in one place called Isisville they live amongst good people who want to bring up their families in peace....

I think we should keep out and stop trying to be world police..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 2:55 pm

I think Truss is right with the first paragraph. I agre with the second in principle... but I don't think its a feasible matter. Australia doesn't have a particularly large world police presence and they got a hostage situation not too long ago. The only solution if you don't fight off IS is to close off the border gates and let the middle East burn etc. But tgen then you geg a whole new geberatio of angry kids because the world didnt help while mom and dad were bombed to smithereen. Then the cycle begins anew
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 3:00 pm

No good side in this conflict.

Terrorists attacking terrorists innocent pay the price.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 3:09 pm

And then you have the kind of idiots who feel the best answer is to set fire to refugee camps

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 3:44 pm

Have we ever invaded a Country in the Middle East and left it in a better state than we found it..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 3:49 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Have we ever invaded a Country in the Middle East and left it in a better state than we found it..

Nope, which is why I've been saying for quite some time that our country, and the USA, is not the world's police.

You used to be the opposite, but I gather you've changed your mind now?

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 4:04 pm

I only agreed with Afghanistan Duty...I was against Iraq.

We had to go into Afghanistan....You can't let 3,000 lives and billions of dollars of damage go unpunished and in fairness we asked them to hand the perpetrators over...before we did.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 4:43 pm

I had no problem with Afghanistan, in fact I think the Americans could and possibly should have been more hardline in their approach; every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Iraq however was a moneygrabbing cockup.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 5:19 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:And then you have the kind of idiots who feel the best answer is to set fire to refugee camps

Typical reaction, cos one of the terrorists last night, has been confirmed as signing on as a refugee in Greece a month ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 5:37 pm

This war only effects innocent civilians on both sides.

If you side with the corporate terrorists then you are just as bad as those who support so called ISIS and their like throughout the years.

Change needs to take place real change as there is no good guys on either side.

Thats my stance.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 5:42 pm

Excellent stuff by Douglas Murray:

http://blogs.new.spectator.co.uk/2015/11/will-politicians-finally-admit-that-the-paris-attacks-had-something-to-do-with-islam/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 5:49 pm

Still don't get it do you Duty.

If this war was about Islam then why is UK and USA partners with SA???

I know you need to point your finger of blame at something so alien to you because you are basic and its easier but I could apply your same logic to the constant wars involving US/UK and their bloodshedding history on your white skin for which you have killed millions.

White supremacy is still a real issue and it did not die with Adolf Hitler but that is using your Islamic blaming logic. Muslims are dying everyday as opposed to the wests once or twice a year ordeal. Stop being a little Oswald Mosley and use your brain.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 6:16 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Still don't get it do you Duty.

If this war was about Islam then why is UK and USA partners with SA???

I know you need to point your finger of blame at something so alien to you because you are basic and its easier but I could apply your same logic to the constant wars involving US/UK and their bloodshedding history on your white skin for which you have killed millions.

White supremacy is still a real issue and it did not die with Adolf Hitler but that is using your Islamic blaming logic. Muslims are dying everyday as opposed to the wests once or twice a year ordeal. Stop being a little Oswald Mosley and use your brain.

The war against ISIS is about defeating extremist Islamic tyranny; it is not about Islam as a whole. The UK and the USA are partners with Saudi Arabia because of oil and money - it is utterly deplorable and shameful, as is the United Nations allowing Saudi Arabia to chair the Human Rights Council.

I'm not wholly sure as to why you are bringing up 'white supremacy' - the war against extremist Islamic tyranny has nothing to do with ethnicity or skin colour; indeed, some of those extremist Muslims are the same skin colour as myself.

I'm not entirely sure what the 'constant wars' point refers to, and I'll ignore the pathetic insults.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 6:34 pm

Not that simple this war on ISIS..When ordinary people see foreigners coming in and killing their fellow countrymen...extremist or not....They aren't going to be grateful...Quite the opposite..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 7:51 pm

Sympathies with Parisians and France as a whole.

On the subject of Daesh, **** 'em. These are stone age-thinking idiots - leadership excepted. They're using poorly educated, indoctrinated morons to let off the steam they weren't allowed to let off via masturbation when they were kids.
Yes, the 'West' isn't whiter-than-white but, frankly, who gives a **** much any more? This'll only end when this moronic brand of 'Islam' is confronted head-on - intellectually (which shouldn't be hard) and, increasingly likely, militarily. Sorry, but splendid isolation isn't going to work as this sort of regime needs external enemies to keep the attention of its cretinous, indoctrinated populace from waking up to what they really are.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 8:17 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:Sympathies with Parisians and France as a whole.

On the subject of Daesh, **** 'em. These are stone age-thinking idiots - leadership excepted. They're using poorly educated, indoctrinated morons to let off the steam they weren't allowed to let off via masturbation when they were kids.
Yes, the 'West' isn't whiter-than-white but, frankly, who gives a **** much any more? This'll only end when this moronic brand of 'Islam' is confronted head-on - intellectually (which shouldn't be hard) and, increasingly likely, militarily. Sorry, but splendid isolation isn't going to work as this sort of regime needs external enemies to keep the attention of its cretinous, indoctrinated populace from waking up to what they really are.

Good point but ironic as it mirrors the corporate politictians agenda by having an external threat that will generate acts of war.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 8:38 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

Good point but ironic as it mirrors the corporate politictians agenda by having an external threat that will generate acts of war.

Whatever 1-2. You always have a pro-nutter comeback don't you? I know what regime I'd rather live under, despite the myriad flaws we have. Screw Daesh and everyone who remotely sympathises with them.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 8:55 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

Whatever 1-2. You always have a pro-nutter comeback don't you? I know what regime I'd rather live under, despite the myriad flaws we have. Screw Daesh and everyone who remotely sympathises with them.

Well you obviously have waved the right to fair, just, transparent, good governence.

You think the major corporations who bankroll our governments give a flying hoot about you and your family?

Choose sides if you must, if it makes you feel better or safer but those myriad of flaws you speak of just happen to be the flaws of the most powerful people on earth and as long as weak hearted folk such as yourself are happy to let them run a mock with the tools at thier disposal then this tragic event will continue to happen. When enough people have died and the backs of the public has been broken then you will give up everything to them without even blinking.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 10:30 pm

How you are still allowed to spout such crap on here is beyond me, get a grip FFS. There is quite clearly a side of good and a side of evil in this war on terrorism, to suggest the leaders of the UK and USA are anything like ISIS is insulting and pathetic.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 10:51 pm

Thanks for your contribution 1-2. I think we all understand what you're saying and there's no need for you to post any more.

Sympathies to France on a terrible attack.

Last edited by incontinentia on Sun 15 Nov 2015, 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 11:20 pm

I think a bit more genuine compassion for the victims of this terrible attack and their families, for the Parisians who are once more finding it incredibly difficult to go about their everyday lives, might just be in order, rather than some cheap political point scoring (this goes for both sides). Have spent most of today trying to contact my (many) friends in Paris (thankfully all good news so far), and the rest of the day talking to my family there, and find this sort of petty t#t-for-tat point scoring more than a tad disrespectful.

Thank you!

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 11:53 pm

The next time a so called co-alition aircraft destroys a home or hospital in Syria killing scores of people (as they do) I will write a thread #PrayforSyria and see how many of you concerned folk say anything to show support for the dead and thier families.

but I doubt you will and until you recognize the thousands of Syrians who are going through hell these last 5 or so years as HUMAN BEINGS also Most on here are so arrogent to think that their blood and the blood of people who resemble them is more important then others.

The outpouring of grief has been heartfelt but this sort of thing has been happening in Syria/Iraq everyday for the last 15 or so years. These people never declared war on us or the west show some apathy for your fellow human being.

This aint a GI-JOE movie.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc on Sun 15 Nov 2015, 9:59 am

I'm pretty certain a lot of people showed concern for the hospital that got bombed in fact I seem to remember it being all over the news.

Stop using threads like this (that are here for people to show their sympathy with a nation that's just suffered a terrible tragedy,) to push your own agenda and to try and berate people and shame them into thinking your way (pretty sure that's an IS trick too).

Start your own thread and see if people will debate you in it, otherwise your just offending people for not 'agreeing with you'. (You do this quite often in the O.T section)

Prayers are with Paris and I just think it shows the state of the world at the moment, it might be an eye opener as to why we have to be more careful with refugees but generally, i'm at a loss as to how we can stop religious zealots as you can twist the words to mean anything you want and as your fighting for 'a higher power' it automatically makes you think it's right.

Shocking tragedy and for anyone with friends and family out there, I hope they're all okay.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie on Sun 15 Nov 2015, 12:13 pm

This thread appears to be at risk of rather getting away from its original purpose...
There is indeed a debate to be had over ISIS and what to do about it but perhaps this isn't the time and place.
My heart goes out to the people of Paris , subjected to the second such outrage in just ten months. I was in Paris at the time of the Charlie Hebdo attack and was immensely impressed by the way the French people rallied together in the face of such horror : I am sure they will do so again.

I will pray for them.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Sun 15 Nov 2015, 12:27 pm

I won't be praying because I don't believe anyone is listening........If someone was there wouldn't be innocent kids starving to death in Africa every day..

Don't think the outrage and sadness we all feel about such atrocity is in doubt nor should it be.....

We all have families...

Rather than praying... The best thing for Paris would be a collective understanding of the problem and a blueprint in trying to make sure these incidents are few and far between....

The real horror for France with the Hebdo and now this.... is the realization that these people aren't just interested in the UK and US...

Sitting on the fence on these issues never seems to do France much good...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 on Sun 15 Nov 2015, 1:40 pm

Derbymanc wrote:i'm at a loss as to how we can stop religious zealots as you can twist the words to mean anything you want and as your fighting for 'a higher power' it automatically makes you think it's right.

No twisting required.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx on Sun 15 Nov 2015, 3:12 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:i'm at a loss as to how we can stop religious zealots as you can twist the words to mean anything you want and as your fighting for 'a higher power' it automatically makes you think it's right.

No twisting required.

I will also pray for Duty.

JuliusHMarx
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 on Sun 15 Nov 2015, 3:22 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

No twisting required.

I will also pray for Duty.

That's awfully good of you.

My God is Santa Claus. thumbsup

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Sun 15 Nov 2015, 4:03 pm

Is he suggesting praying away the gay ??

I'd report him Duty for making a homophobic comment.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 on Sun 15 Nov 2015, 4:11 pm

Laugh

It's OK, Truss, even if he is suggesting that, jolly old St. Nicholas (the one true God; peace be upon him) is fine with the gays.

Live and let live.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Sun 15 Nov 2015, 4:48 pm

He quite clearly isn't and you both know it so let's stop before we even begin going down that road.

Just had someone link me a picture of the theatre after the massacre inside and he can't understand why I think it's a vile and unnecessary thing to have decided to take a photo.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Sun 15 Nov 2015, 5:01 pm

Are you serious....Duty and I are joking...

Wow..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 on Sun 15 Nov 2015, 5:05 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Are you serious....Duty and I are joking...

Wow..

He's turned into Crimey. Laugh

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC on Sun 15 Nov 2015, 5:07 pm

Duty281 wrote:

Wow..

Reported as offensive
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Sun 15 Nov 2015, 5:10 pm

GSC wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Wow..

Reported as offensive

Excellent... Laugh

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Sun 15 Nov 2015, 5:11 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : .)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum