The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V2 WWC 1st Round Group J

+2
Marky
Dr Gregory House MD
6 posters

Go down

Please vote for the 2 wrestlers you believe have generated the best work over the past 12-18 months

V2 WWC 1st Round Group J Vote_lcap22%V2 WWC 1st Round Group J Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 8 ]
V2 WWC 1st Round Group J Vote_lcap5%V2 WWC 1st Round Group J Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
V2 WWC 1st Round Group J Vote_lcap3%V2 WWC 1st Round Group J Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
V2 WWC 1st Round Group J Vote_lcap11%V2 WWC 1st Round Group J Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 4 ]
V2 WWC 1st Round Group J Vote_lcap11%V2 WWC 1st Round Group J Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 4 ]
V2 WWC 1st Round Group J Vote_lcap8%V2 WWC 1st Round Group J Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
V2 WWC 1st Round Group J Vote_lcap40%V2 WWC 1st Round Group J Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 15 ]

Total Votes : 37

Poll closed

V2 WWC 1st Round Group J Empty V2 WWC 1st Round Group J

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 16 Nov 2015, 2:56 am

Another group of wrestlers to run the WWC gauntlet today, 17 wrestlers qualified out of the 8 groups last week, who will join them today?

Please vote for the wrestler you believe has generated the best work in the past 12-18 months

Remember each person is allowed 2 votes per group in the first round

Please leave a comment as to who you have voted for and why to help facilitate discussion

The group will be closed at 23.00 tonight and no votes will be counted past that point

The top 2 will progress in to round 2

Happy WWC-ing  thumbsup

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

V2 WWC 1st Round Group J Empty Re: V2 WWC 1st Round Group J

Post by Marky Mon 16 Nov 2015, 7:00 am

I should have voted Nakamura as the guy is so highly rated but as I've not seen enough of him, my two votes were easy as I don't think Bubba, Stardust, Roode and Joe have done enough to earn my vote.

Sasha Banks, so good in NXT, still over with fans despite being underutilised on the main roster.

Tommaso Ciampa, the Psycho Killer. Glad he's getting exposure in NXT but he's been quality in Progress and other UK indy feds.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Mon 16 Nov 2015, 10:02 am

Nakamura. Well, I'd pay to watch him just lean on the ropes and stretch. For me he's the most charismatic and gifted wrestler in the world. There is actually an argument that he's had a quiet year. But that's a quiet year for Nakamura and includes great matches with Goto, THAT WK9 match and a G1 win while injured.

Tomasso Ciampa I've seen a lot of lately. I think he's mostly a 3 star wrestler. He's very consistent, he's the kind of wrestler that organizations need. But when we are looking for the best performers in the last 18 months, he's not on my list.

Samoa Joe, quite a slow start he had at NXT, but he's picked it up recently. He's still got more to give though.

Bubba and Bobby Rude, I'll pass on both.

Stardust. If there is one wrestler I'd pay money not to watch its Cody in any of his guises. I find him so generic, so boring, so... oh I've run out of interest in even finishing a sentence about him.

And that leaves me with Sasha Banks. She's brilliant. Having to play 2nd fiddle now to Charlotte, but she's had so many good matches she shouldn't be overlooked. She's IMO an absolute lock for the best female contributor in the last year to 18 months and should go far in this tournament.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 16 Nov 2015, 5:47 pm

Cody Rhodes is my favourite wrestler on this list. Stardust is a weird concept but I think his work as Stardust has actually been very good. He's had a reasonably coherent story from turning into Stardust to losing the plot with his brother and then with people who could not be saviours. WWE are missing out on a breakout midcard story and a man who could have a fantastic match with anyone.

Cody should be huge, and I would really question whether his name is what holds him back.

Banks got my other vote. Would be perfect if she could just work out how to stop being cool heel and if she hadn't been such a tw*t with her crying and love in at the end of her title reign and NXT run.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 16 Nov 2015, 6:04 pm

Went for Nakamura and Banks

I think Banks resume speaks for itself, if HBK is Mr Wrestlemania she is defiantly Mr(s) Takeover, every match she's been a part of has been excellent, peaking with the Bayley match in Brooklyn which could be my WWE MOTY, outside the ring she has buckets of charisma as well

Nakamura is a funny one, I don't know if he's been injured or what but he's been pretty below his peak for most of 2015, matches with Yuji Nagata, Hirooki Goto & Karl Anderson over the IC belt left me pretty underwhelmed, he barely raised a canter through 90% of the G1 (though tbf to him he was definitely injured there) and on excursions abroad with ROH & Rev Pro I don't think he had a match that was ever as good as you thought it might be, but when the guys on though their might be no one better in the world, Ibushi at Wrestle Kingdom, Okada & Tanahashi at the G1, I don't know if it's fair to give someone the nod based on 3 matches but if you are those are the 3 matches to do it with, all modern day classics

Outside the ring it's hard not to love the guy either, the wrestling Michael Jackson, a man so charismatic it transcends language barriers, I can't not vote for him

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 16 Nov 2015, 6:07 pm

Also people scoffed at me 3 years ago when I said I didn't like Ciampia and despite his recent rise in profile I stand by that statement

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon 16 Nov 2015, 7:37 pm

Banks has to be the obvious choice in this group, don't need to explain why

Went Stardust as my second as I have always rated Cody and actually like the character, plus his tag team with Goldust was great and was in the last 18 months

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Mon 16 Nov 2015, 8:15 pm

I looked up Stardust's star ratings on profightdb, just to see if he's as bad as I think.

vs Neville 2.75
w/ Barrett vs Neville & Amell 2.25
vs Ryder 2.25
vs R truth 1.25
vs Goldust 1.5
w/ Goldust vs Big E & Kofi 2
w/ Goldust vs Usos 3.25 x 2
w/ Goldust vs RybAxel 2
w/ Goldust vs RybAxel 2.25

House, how can this guy even be near a best worker list?
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 16 Nov 2015, 8:25 pm

Prometheus wrote:

Opinions are like bumholes.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 16 Nov 2015, 9:16 pm

Prometheus wrote:I looked up Stardust's star ratings on profightdb, just to see if he's as bad as I think.

vs Neville 2.75
w/ Barrett vs Neville & Amell 2.25
vs Ryder 2.25
vs R truth 1.25
vs Goldust 1.5
w/ Goldust vs Big E & Kofi 2
w/ Goldust vs Usos 3.25 x 2
w/ Goldust vs RybAxel 2
w/ Goldust vs RybAxel 2.25

Because I like him raspberry

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 16 Nov 2015, 11:51 pm

Voting is closed for today

I think it's fair to say Group J was 'bossed' as Sasha Banks advances 1st with 15 votes, in 2nd place we all bow before 'The King of Strong Style' as Shinsuke Nakamura advances with 8 votes, the V2 WWC resumes tomorrow with Groups K & L

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down