The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury and Josh PPV - Buying both ??....Just one ??...Or nothing at all ???

+11
Rowley
Dipper Brown
DuransHorse
Nico the gman
catchweight
Derbymanc
mobilemaster8
Pedro147
Mayweathers cellmate
compelling and rich
TRUSSMAN66
15 posters

Go down

Fury and Josh PPV  -  Buying both ??....Just one ??...Or nothing at all ??? Empty Fury and Josh PPV - Buying both ??....Just one ??...Or nothing at all ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 17 Nov 2015, 10:19 am

I'll buy the Fury one..........Always loved the heavies if not so much lately and I can't lose either way. We either have a new champion which is good or an irritating lump gets battered.....

Not paying for Josh yet.............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Fury and Josh PPV  -  Buying both ??....Just one ??...Or nothing at all ??? Empty Re: Fury and Josh PPV - Buying both ??....Just one ??...Or nothing at all ???

Post by compelling and rich Tue 17 Nov 2015, 11:21 am

i run a pub will probably buy fury fight, will use my android box for the joshua fight

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Fury and Josh PPV  -  Buying both ??....Just one ??...Or nothing at all ??? Empty Re: Fury and Josh PPV - Buying both ??....Just one ??...Or nothing at all ???

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Tue 17 Nov 2015, 12:48 pm

Is Joshua v White really on PPV? Wow that's terrible.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Tue 17 Nov 2015, 12:56 pm

An Olympic Champ
Both British
Grudge Match

The Eddie Hearn Venn Diagram for PPV

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 17 Nov 2015, 1:47 pm

Will be buying the Wladamir fight as I sincerely want to see Fury beaten to a pulp....literally.

Not buying the Joshua fight as its utterly nonsense.

Who else is on that bill? Bellew?

To have that as a PPV is an utter joke.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Tue 17 Nov 2015, 2:13 pm

Pedro147 wrote:An Olympic Champ
Both British
Grudge Match

This PPV makes Cleverley Bellew look like Mayweather Pacquiao.

Although I see the usual suspects are being trudged out on the undercard vs TBA.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Tue 17 Nov 2015, 2:32 pm

Mayweathers cellmate wrote:
Pedro147 wrote:An Olympic Champ
Both British
Grudge Match

This PPV makes Cleverley Bellew look like Mayweather Pacquiao.

Although I see the usual suspects are being trudged out on the undercard vs TBA.

Haven't seen the undercard but would imagine

Bellew, Luke Campbell, Kevin Mitchell, Ricky Burns to name a few possibilities.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 17 Nov 2015, 2:36 pm

Nope, am at work and Eddie (Sky) sometimes deem us able to get the PPV's through the system but alas our satellite is knacked.

Wouldn't pay for either if i'm at home as don't think any of the participants are so called PPV worthy.

Think the sports in danger of turning a lot of people off in this country as the constant mismatches aren't doing any good and now an up and comer in a learning fight (Joshua, it's what they keep telling us) is supposed to be PPV worthy. No thanks, hate to say it but i'm finding myself getting increasingly apathetic over what we're being offered as bouts and would rather watch the local club at the minute.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 17 Nov 2015, 2:58 pm

What system is that Derby? BFBS through SCOT5?

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 17 Nov 2015, 3:06 pm

Its the worst of both worlds with Matchroom and Sky. The boxnation concept is so much better for fans.

Would be better is Sky and Matchroom were just upfront and said boxing is going to be an extra premium subscrubtion. For paying an extra amount per month we will give you good cards on a regular basis and it will cover the cost of any ppv cards.

Instead the product is characterised by at least half the weekends in the year having no boxing on. "Free to air" cards being irregular and generally put together for the lowest possible costs. Full of mismatches, empty eliminators and pointless fights. And ppv thrown in at any available opportunity. Its so bad that that Joshua v Whyte is headlining ppv and a straightforward match ups like Smith v Fileding are considered a real treat for fans. I would rather just pay a 100 quid a year and for that get good quality cards regularly. Unfortuantely Matchroom dont cater for that kind of boxing fan. Its all about salesmanship to joe public and the less they know about boxing the better.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 17 Nov 2015, 3:11 pm

Very good post.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 17 Nov 2015, 3:18 pm

BFBS but not through Scot (best system ever). Are recievers are goosed at the minute so am gutted, especially as the geezer trys to put as much boxing on as possible for me Smile

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 17 Nov 2015, 3:24 pm

Haha fair enough mate! BZ to the WE! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Remember a few years back getting up at stupid o'clock to watch Floyd vs Sugar Shane whilst at Sea and as the bell rang, the receivers went.....along with my sense of humour at the time.

Was utterly furious!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Tue 17 Nov 2015, 4:49 pm

Joshua v Whyte PPV, what a disgrace, 2 fighters who have achieved absolutely nothing in boxing.

Don't see any difference between Warren and Hearn both making mugs of boxing fans.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Nov 2015, 5:34 pm

If Joshua absolutely HAS to be PPV (and I'm f*cked if I can see why) then why not have a tiered system. If they're charging for stuff like this then folk should only be expected to cough up a fiver...MAXIMUM

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Tue 17 Nov 2015, 8:38 pm

I agree with 666. A fiver tops is just about justifiable. Full whack PPV for two unproven pro's in a fight that has a decent chance of endong in 30 seconds is a joke.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 17 Nov 2015, 8:49 pm

You wont get 5 quid ppvs. If they introduce tiered ppv pricing that will only mean "bigger" ppvs become more expensive. In a couple of years fans might be looking back at the good old days when it only cost 15 quid to watch Joshua knock someone out in 2 rounds. With a world title it might cost double that.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Tue 17 Nov 2015, 9:07 pm

Yup, echoing what's been said, wouldn't pay to watch Josh knock a guy out in a round. I'd never heard of Dillian Whyte before Joshua so aside from a war of words, what makes him different from what he's already knocked out?

No to Fury Wlad either. Don't see it being much of a contest.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 17 Nov 2015, 9:15 pm

Fury Wlad I'll be buying, is a world heavyweight championship and I have always had a soft spot for the heavies. Have to draw the line at Joshua Whyte though. Is simply not PPV worthy and thus far there is nothing to suggest the undercard will compensate.

Can I just point something out, Sky have only actually had two PPV cards this year and one of those was Mayweather vs Manny. Not suggesting for a split second that fact justifies Joshua Whyte being PPV, but thought it was worth mentioning.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 17 Nov 2015, 9:23 pm

Sky will end the year 4 ppv boxing cards, and that there hasnt been more is probably a reflection of the fact that the standard of fights put together this year has been pretty shocking overall.

PPv headliners in a 12 month period have included Clevery v Bellew, Brook v Gavin and now Joshua v Whyte. Its a joke and will only get worse.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Tue 17 Nov 2015, 9:56 pm

Yeah Catchweight, when you put it like that it's pretty damning. They are all awful headline fights for a ppv, the only saving grace of Brook Gavin was the vastly superior undercard.

Oh well, in 2016 we'll have Bellew Haye as a ppv. Wink

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 17 Nov 2015, 10:00 pm

catchweight wrote:
PPv headliners in a 12 month period have included Clevery v Bellew, Brook v Gavin and now Joshua v Whyte.  

Cleverly Bellew was 22 November 2014, Joshua Whyte is 12 December 2015 so on a point of pedantry they haven't.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Tue 17 Nov 2015, 10:30 pm

It shouldn't matter how many PPVs they've had, Rowley. They could have one a month if the fights justified it. If they don't they should just have none. As Dipper said, who is Dillian Whyte? Is he actually a step up? Will he really see round 4? Betting odds for that are worth a look. All indications are the fight will be a one sided and early victory for the mega heavy favourite as part of a 'learning curve' before fighting for a title in a couple of years time. Since when does that headline PPV.

I will buy Fury v Wlad though.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 17 Nov 2015, 10:43 pm

Unfortunately Matchroom dont really look at fights in terms of is this ppv worthy? They look at it more in terms of we have a deal for x number of ppv dates to fill and we are going to fill them to get our money. With the deal they have, it allows them to put almost anything ppv and then fill out the cards with undercard fights justifying ppv. Brook v Gavin for exmple. There was no need for ppv on this. They could have split that card over a couple of months on regular Sky. Instead there was some rubbishy mismatch cards followed by a ppv. Brook v Chavez was supposed to be their next ppv card but I would guess they didnt like sharing that Fury and Klitschko so Brook developed a rib injury and Joshua v Whyte was bumped up to ppv with Matchroom running out of time to put together anything else this close to Christmas. This year Matchroom didnt have a single a fight that warranted ppv.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 17 Nov 2015, 11:54 pm

Whyte is different to anything joshua has faced. He's a big strong lad who can punch and he will be coming to win. Obviously, the amateur fight gives eddie his story and grudge match to sell it, but without that you'd say its the kind of guy you'd like to see him in with.

Joshua looks way more accomplished as a pro than whyte,so the likelihood is the fight goes the same way as all the other joshua fights, but it has a bit more interest. PPV though? Having a giraffe.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 18 Nov 2015, 12:21 am

Getting the fury one

Whyte vs Joshua not,a chance

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Wed 18 Nov 2015, 9:39 am

milkyboy wrote:Whyte is different to anything joshua has faced. He's a big strong lad who can punch and he will be coming to win. Obviously, the amateur fight gives eddie his story and grudge match to sell it, but without that you'd say its the kind of guy you'd like to see him in with.

Joshua looks way more accomplished as a pro than whyte,so the likelihood is the fight goes the same way as all the other joshua fights, but it has a bit more interest. PPV though? Having a giraffe.

I wouldn't argue Whyte as the next opponent at all. As you say, big strong lad with a punch coming to win. Great and well done for making the match at this stage. It's just not PPV and I would bet heavily it'll be over within 9 minutes because from what I have seen Whyte is inferior in every department... but I will admit my bets often lose so it will probably go to points.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 18 Nov 2015, 11:45 am

It's laughable that it's ppv DH. How long it lasts likely depends on whyte's punch resistance, as he doesn't look like he's able to avoid them too well. I think like most, I'd like to see him land one or two on Joshua so we can see how he fights when someone his hitting him too. In a dream world, whyte turns out to have an Oliver McCall chin and we get to see what AJ's stamina is like too.

Too much to ask? Probably. Worth paying for on the off chance? Nah.

I quite like whyte and haven't warmed to Joshua's staged  mr humble persona. So I hope whyte gives a good account of himself. From what  the eyes tell us of their pro performances  it seems unlikely.  But hey, it's the heavies... Stranger things have happened!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AZZJ44 Wed 18 Nov 2015, 5:26 pm

I'll be watching the Fury fight. Their show with Johnny Nelson made it even more intriguing. Im expecting Wlad to knock him out early however Fury might not have shown all he's capable of yet. Lol. A better fight than Joshua's at least which I can't justify laying for.

AZZJ44

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 18 Nov 2015, 5:28 pm

Hearn seems to think people are interested in "Names" v anybody...

"Names" in 60-40 fights then I might be interested..

It'll be 20 percent knock out ratios galore like usual..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed 18 Nov 2015, 8:57 pm

I'm noy buying either, the fury fight will be boring along with the undercard and the less said about Dec 12th the better

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 18 Nov 2015, 9:03 pm

I'm wondering If it will be worth the trouble of kicking red Sonia out of the lounge for Wlad v Fury...

Having second thoughts..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down