The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hearn & McGuigan: A Promoter's Role

+13
rodders
catchweight
spencerclarke
Rowley
mobilemaster8
TRUSSMAN66
Dipper Brown
Rodney
Guest82
Pedro147
Lance
Coxy001
hazharrison
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hearn & McGuigan: A Promoter's Role Empty Hearn & McGuigan: A Promoter's Role

Post by hazharrison Thu 19 Nov 2015, 10:25 am

Anyone catch the Frampton vs Quigg pressers?

Hearn, Gallagher (and to a lesser extent Quigg) have been attempting to get under Frampton's skin - leading to Frampton asserting he'd sort Gallagher and Hearn out in a few seconds and McGuigan to call Gallagher a "fool" and Hearn an "ar sehole".

Have to admit being left a bit baffled by it all - I was amazed Hearn and Gallagher didn't get clumped in Belfast yesterday.

Anyone else catch it?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Hearn & McGuigan: A Promoter's Role Empty Re: Hearn & McGuigan: A Promoter's Role

Post by Coxy001 Thu 19 Nov 2015, 10:39 am

Frampton looked rattled to me. 1-0 Team Quigg. Gallagher will get his charge ready and have a game plan set, I'm not of the same view with Shane Mac... Doesn't have the same experience and pedigree... The guy simply hasn't got much of a clue.

Really looking forwards to Quigg exposing Frampton!!

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Hearn & McGuigan: A Promoter's Role Empty Re: Hearn & McGuigan: A Promoter's Role

Post by Lance Thu 19 Nov 2015, 10:44 am

Quigg is a very cool character and probably won't generate enough emotion to this fight without the help of Gallagher and Hearn stirring things. It's an expensive fight to put on between these differing promoters and they don't want to miss out on a bad blood angle

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 19 Nov 2015, 10:47 am

He might well do - loved the Quigg meme on Twitter about being a paper champion - anyone catch it?

Hearn was even winding me up - what was he up to? Very odd behaviour.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Thu 19 Nov 2015, 11:24 am

Don't see how it's 1-0 to Camp Quigg. I thought that Frampton simply pulled them up on some things such as only agreeing fight after he looked bad in US debut and Gallagher being a naughty naughty boy which I think everyone agrees on.

I think Frampton looked fired up not rattled. But all opinions I suppose.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Thu 19 Nov 2015, 11:55 am

I think Frampton & Quigg have both declared that they like and respect one another.

Hearn & Gallagher are just playing up to generate a bit of interest.

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu 19 Nov 2015, 11:59 am

Gallagher is coming across as a media attention seeking clown these days - wish he'd keep he's mouth shut and we all know Eddie Hearn is a be11end. Looking forward to the fight (hoping I can get tickets - rumour is Joshua has been given 8k of tickets to sell on Stubhub) don't mind who wins quite like both guys - but can't see past Frampton in this one.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 19 Nov 2015, 12:46 pm

Rodney wrote:Gallagher is coming across as a media attention seeking clown these days - wish he'd keep he's mouth shut and we all know Eddie Hearn is a be11end. Looking forward to the fight (hoping I can get tickets - rumour is Joshua has been given 8k of tickets to sell on Stubhub) don't mind who wins quite like both guys - but can't see past Frampton in this one.

Cheers, Rodders

What's your plan for trying to get tickets Rodders?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu 19 Nov 2015, 1:26 pm

hazharrison wrote:
Rodney wrote:Gallagher is coming across as a media attention seeking clown these days - wish he'd keep he's mouth shut and we all know Eddie Hearn is a be11end. Looking forward to the fight (hoping I can get tickets - rumour is Joshua has been given 8k of tickets to sell on Stubhub) don't mind who wins quite like both guys - but can't see past Frampton in this one.

Cheers, Rodders

Planning on just entering the lottery at 9am in the morning mate - I'm after 5. Got accommodation sorted just need tickets - and as much as I'd like to go I refuse to pay over the odds with touts (ie, Hearns flagship sponsor Stubhub)
Are you going Haz ?
Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 19 Nov 2015, 3:56 pm

Rodney wrote:
hazharrison wrote:

Cheers, Rodders

Planning on just entering the lottery at 9am in the morning mate - I'm after 5. Got accommodation sorted just need tickets - and as much as I'd like to go I refuse to pay over the odds with touts (ie, Hearns flagship sponsor Stubhub)
Are you going Haz ?
Cheers, Rodders

Going to try and get £40 tickets tomorrow but not sure whether it's best to ring or go online? Have a horrible feeling the line will be engaged and the tickets will all end up on StubHub (he knows the Irish fans will pay over the odds for them).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu 19 Nov 2015, 4:00 pm

hazharrison wrote:
Rodney wrote:
hazharrison wrote:

Cheers, Rodders

Are you going Haz ?
Cheers, Rodders

Going to try and get £40 tickets tomorrow but not sure whether it's best to ring or go online? Have a horrible feeling the line will be engaged and the tickets will all end up on StubHub (he knows the Irish fans will pay over the odds for them).

Yeah thats my feeling too mate - worth giving both a bash I'd say. Good luck anyhow.

Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Thu 19 Nov 2015, 4:29 pm

I've trusted a friend to get tickets as I've booked the hotels for that night. I'll be in work so fingers crossed it doesn't sell out in a blink of an eye with thousands ending up on stub hub.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Thu 19 Nov 2015, 4:55 pm

Let's just hope those that get tickets aren't subjected to having their nicer seats nicked by the Irish then eh. Wink

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 19 Nov 2015, 5:02 pm

Rather watch it on TV. ...That way I'll be able to see the fight.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Thu 19 Nov 2015, 5:20 pm

MEN isn't the biggest arena in the world Truss. I saw Smashing Pumpkins in the cheap seats there and had a great view.

Having said that, Billy Corgan is a giant and Quigg and Frampton are the size of garden gnomes!

I'm not precious about who I sit by Coxy. I'm a Welshman don't forget, going to a game of rugby usually means having to peak over the top of someone's daffodil head!

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu 19 Nov 2015, 5:46 pm

MEN is nice and steep considering the capacity, which actually helps when watching boxing. The view is pretty decent all round

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 19 Nov 2015, 5:50 pm

If they weren't midgets it would be in a stadium...

It's worthy of that status...It does get the juices flowing..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 19 Nov 2015, 5:55 pm

Yeh booking tickets tomorrow as well hotel already prepared so just hope I can grab some. Going go £60 ones....MEN is decent seen a couple of Khan fights there great view to be honest even in 2nd tier.

Froch vs Bute was my best view....paid over the odds online (£75 but face value was £46.50)....brilliant night.

Looking forward to this one.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 19 Nov 2015, 5:57 pm

Sleep in your car and buy ringside ones....

Everybody is a candy ass these days...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 19 Nov 2015, 6:54 pm

Yeh booking tickets tomorrow as well hotel already prepared so just hope I can grab some. Going go £60 ones....MEN is decent seen a couple of Khan fights there great view to be honest even in 2nd tier.

Froch vs Bute was my best view....paid over the odds online (£75 but face value was £46.50)....brilliant night.

Looking forward to this one.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 19 Nov 2015, 7:11 pm

So you've said

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 19 Nov 2015, 7:35 pm

I remember my brother driving us on the old interstate 84 to philadelphia so we could visit the legendary Blue Horizon and watch some fights...About a ten hour round trip....

Took forever for Dad to give us permission..

Closed down now but it was a shrine back in the day..

A lot of Philly fighters of repute fought there.....Tiny arena..

Horrible journey though especially the way he drove....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Fri 20 Nov 2015, 12:20 pm

Well, I didn't get a look in. Had the missus and a mate trying for tickets and by 9:02 I had a text from each saying it had sold out. Fast forward to 9:04 and 1000s are on sale on stub hub. Funny the promoter has a deal with that secondary market ticket seller eh?

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 20 Nov 2015, 12:27 pm

Dipper Brown wrote:Well, I didn't get a look in. Had the missus and a mate trying for tickets and by 9:02 I had a text from each saying it had sold out. Fast forward to 9:04 and 1000s are on sale on stub hub. Funny the promoter has a deal with that secondary market ticket seller eh?

It's absolute BS Dipper. I had similar experiences with Stone Roses tickets the other week. Got them eventually, but had mate's missus and sister in law working on it and myself at work. Still did not get the date or location we wanted. The government have done nothing to stop touting, all they have done is legalise and tax it through these sites. I don't know if ticketmaster or the sellers keep over a number of tickets to go directly onto these sites or it is just organised touts using queue jumping software but the situation is ridiculous now. Is virtually impossible to get tickets for major popular events at face value.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Fri 20 Nov 2015, 12:38 pm

It wont change until people leave them hanging with the tickets though. Someone always ends up paying no matter how much the cost. I despise touting.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Fri 20 Nov 2015, 12:40 pm

Nobody takes it seriously do they? Such a corrupt system at the minute for ticketing.

I've got a hotel booked that weekend in Manchester so I'll still head up there and soak up the atmosphere, no chance will I be tempted by a tout though.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 20 Nov 2015, 12:55 pm

Its really bad for fans but predicatable enough nowadays. Would be nice to see some transparency on how many tickets were actually made available and what kind of arrangements were made before hand with touts. Still seem to plenty available but all with touts for 3 or 4 times face value. I think its essentially a legalised scam.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 20 Nov 2015, 1:18 pm

I got 4 at £80 been really lucky - only 9000 went on general sale apparently & as mentioned in a previous post rumour has it Joshua was given/bought a couple of thousand and was selling them through stubhub, a joke this sort of thing should be illegal.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 20 Nov 2015, 1:23 pm

Stay humble AJ

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 20 Nov 2015, 1:29 pm

catchweight wrote:Stay humble AJ

Thats the fella.
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Nov 2015, 1:30 pm

Saw the face off between them in Belfast....

Quigg really fancies it doesn't he ??and he looks so much bigger..

Might change my mind on this one..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 20 Nov 2015, 1:34 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Saw the face off between them in Belfast....

Quigg really fancies it doesn't he ??and he looks so much bigger..

Might change my mind on this one..

Agree unfortunately.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Nov 2015, 1:38 pm

All the Irish want Framp to win and probably 3/4 of the English too..

Sadly familiar..

Get behind Quigg..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 20 Nov 2015, 1:41 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:All the Irish want Framp to win and probably 3/4 of the English too..

Sadly familiar..

Get behind Quigg..

Why ?
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Nov 2015, 2:33 pm

Very impressed with the way Quigg carries himself....

A lot to like about the kid..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 20 Nov 2015, 2:37 pm

Absolutely no luck with tickets - MEN phone line just didn't work at all and £40 tickets weren't on sale when I refreshed at 9:00 am. Rest went instantly.

Apparently tickets reappeared instantly on StubHub at a ridiculous mark-up.

Sucks really as it will be a great day. Irish fans will be brilliant craic.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 20 Nov 2015, 2:38 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Very impressed with the way Quigg carries himself....

A lot to like about the kid..

Don't mind either both come across well to be fair - I wont be rooting for anyone.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Fri 20 Nov 2015, 3:11 pm

Rodney wrote:I got 4 at £80 been really lucky - only 9000 went on general sale apparently & as mentioned in a previous post rumour has it Joshua was given/bought a couple of thousand and was selling them through stubhub, a joke this sort of thing should be illegal.

Cheers, Rodders

Glad to hear you got some luck Rodders. Enjoy yourself there!

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Fri 20 Nov 2015, 3:12 pm

Can't say I have anything against either. I prefer Frampton as a fighter though and think him winning gives us more interesting match up in the future, so I'd prefer him to get the win.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 20 Nov 2015, 3:19 pm

Is it made public how many tickets Matchroom give to touts before a fight as part of thier agreement?

Im reading a lot of backlash from unhappy punters who said the they logged on at 9.am on the dot but couldnt get any. Also apparently there is a Matchroom "fightpass" option that people can sign up to for a charge that holds back a portion of tickets in reserve from general sale. A lot of people complaining that they signd up for this at a cost but then the allocation was still sold out so they basically wasted the fee for signing up.

They definately should have more transparency around whats really happening. Although this probably wouldnt reflect well on the parties involved. Would like know how much are actually being given to touts and what the fighters allocation is prior to general release.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 20 Nov 2015, 4:40 pm

Yep....woke up early...went online.....searched for tickets at literally 0905 and non available.

Went on stub hub. ..tickets being sold for £150.

Errrrrr what?

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Fri 20 Nov 2015, 4:42 pm

You are urinating into the wind asking for transparency Catch, sorry. Matchroom have said 8000 tickets were available through general sale and the rest held back for Matchroom pass, fighters allocation and sponsors etc. Eddie is on Twitter claiming that stub hub haven't received a single ticket from Matchroom directly. Which I find hard to believe but there you go.

Even if stub hub and secondary ticket outlets haven't been given a batch of tickets directly, no effort has been made to ensure fans get their hands on face value tickets. Matchroom have at best just played dumb, washed their hands of the situation and said 'what can we do, it's in high demand'. Which is pretty insulting to everyone's intelligence as far as I'm concerned.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 20 Nov 2015, 4:59 pm

8,000 only on sale to public! Sheesh. Thats only around 35% no? I dont believe the touts got nothing beforehand either. If the did that mean once you include the touts as little as 5,000 might have actually made it to the general public. No wonder so many missed out

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 20 Nov 2015, 5:47 pm

Don't kid yourself this is a Matchroom problem, this is an entertainment industry problem. Prince suspended tickets going on sale for his concerts the other week as they were on touting sites before they were on sale. Even if the touts don't get them in advance, and like you Catchy I have my doubts, there are software packages available called Botnets that basically jump the queues on websites and buy them up in bulk so either way it is not a fair fight.

Hearn is in no way blameless on this and having a direct relationship with Stubhub is at best naïve and at worst dodgy, but he is part of an industry wife epidemic. His practices are poor, but they are very much par for the course currently.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Nov 2015, 6:46 pm

Unfortunately Rowley is right about it being endemic.....

Don't pay over the odds guys...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 20 Nov 2015, 6:55 pm

I'm obviously a Frampton man, but Quigg seems a nice guy.

If he gets the win I will support him against anyone, other than Carl.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri 20 Nov 2015, 7:49 pm

Mentioned it on here before, I used to work in the music industry and we all said that Ticketmaster merging with Live Nation would be disastrous for fans. They can do what they want including selling advance tickets to tout sights, which surprise surprise are also owned by Live Nation. Springsteen and Axl Rose tried to campaign against it and ended up with large law suits against them

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Fri 20 Nov 2015, 9:04 pm

AJ has just signed a new promotional 3 year with Eddie Hearn and then another deal with Stub Hub on the same day. I am starting to think as a condition of signing on with Eddie again AJ has made sure he has first dibs on big fight Matchroom fight tickets.

#stayhumble

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 20 Nov 2015, 9:15 pm

Rowley wrote:Don't kid yourself this is a Matchroom problem, this is an entertainment industry problem. Prince suspended tickets going on sale for his concerts the other week as they were on touting sites before they were on sale. Even if the touts don't get them in advance, and like you Catchy I have my doubts, there are software packages available called Botnets that basically jump the queues on websites and buy them up in bulk so either way it is not a fair fight.

Hearn is in no way blameless on this and having a direct relationship with Stubhub is at best naïve and at worst dodgy, but he is part of an industry wife epidemic. His practices are poor, but they are very much par for the course currently.

I'm worried about this epidemic of  wives.  I've just got the one, and frankly that's more than enough. I couldn't cope with an epidemic breaking out. Is this what they meant by bird flu?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 20 Nov 2015, 9:25 pm

I wouldn't worry milky, you have none of my charm, wit or intelligence, you're not at risk. For the likes of me it's a real worry.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next