Where should Zayn come back?

Go down

Where should Zayn come back?

Post by Prometheus on Wed 25 Nov 2015, 10:39 am

Apparently WWE is advertising Zayn for NXT tours in December (though it is not clear whether he will be used as an in-ring talent or not).

So, where would you bring back Zayn? Would you put him at the top of the card in NXT, or bring him up to WWE already?
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Re: Where should Zayn come back?

Post by Crimey on Wed 25 Nov 2015, 2:26 pm

I don't think there's anything left in NXT for Zayn to do any more. His main rivals from that time, such as Neville, Breeze and Owens are now all on the main roster, he's already had a competitive match on Raw with John Cena and I think he's got enough notoriety that he'd be able to connect with the Raw crowd very quickly.

The only reason I could see him going back to NXT is if he pulls double duty, like we've seen others do in the past, simply to say goodbye. Otherwise I just don't see the need.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus on Wed 25 Nov 2015, 2:33 pm

Crimey wrote:I don't think there's anything left in NXT for Zayn to do any more. His main rivals from that time, such as Neville, Breeze and Owens are now all on the main roster, he's already had a competitive match on Raw with John Cena and I think he's got enough notoriety that he'd be able to connect with the Raw crowd very quickly.

The only reason I could see him going back to NXT is if he pulls double duty, like we've seen others do in the past, simply to say goodbye. Otherwise I just don't see the need.

Do you think it might be that NXT need Zayn for a while. That upper card of Crews, Balor, Corbin and Joe feels like it would really be made much weightier with Zayn in there too, especially if there is a plan to promote Balor any time in the near future. It may also be that a run in NXT might be used to see how well Zayn is recovered / help him get back into ring shape after around 8 months off as the workload will be lighter than WWE's. If they went that way they could maybe re-introduce him to WWE when Cena returns.

But overall I agree with you that NXT feels like been there, seen that for Zayn.
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey on Wed 25 Nov 2015, 2:38 pm

Prometheus wrote:
Crimey wrote:I don't think there's anything left in NXT for Zayn to do any more. His main rivals from that time, such as Neville, Breeze and Owens are now all on the main roster, he's already had a competitive match on Raw with John Cena and I think he's got enough notoriety that he'd be able to connect with the Raw crowd very quickly.

Do you think it might be that NXT need Zayn for a while.  That upper card of Crews, Balor, Corbin and Joe feels like it would really be made much weightier with Zayn in there too, especially if there is a plan to promote Balor any time in the near future.  It may also be that a run in NXT might be used to see how well Zayn is recovered / help him get back into ring shape after around 8 months off as the workload will be lighter than WWE's.  If they went that way they could maybe re-introduce him to WWE when Cena returns.

But overall I agree with you that NXT feels like been there, seen that for Zayn.

I doubt that will be in their reasoning unless they feel like they're struggling to sell the arenas when they tour or do the Takeovers. Considering that NXT still seems to be a draw, I'm not sure they will feel they need Zayn.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero on Wed 25 Nov 2015, 2:45 pm

I'd expect to see a program of him/Balor and Itami (when he returns) where it's revealed Balor was the guy who took out Itami.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo on Wed 25 Nov 2015, 4:55 pm

I'd love to see him straight into the main roster and feud with Owens for the IC title. If you let them two do there own thing on the mic and in the ring that match would feud would sell itself and could be a huge Mania draw.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Wed 25 Nov 2015, 6:27 pm

A month in NXT, a Rumble outing, Owens destroying him during the Rumble (probably after being eliminated), IC title feud up to Mania

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky on Wed 25 Nov 2015, 8:09 pm

I'm pretty convinced Ambrose is taking the IC Title off of Owens soon so no Owens/Zayn IC Title feud if that happens.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus on Wed 25 Nov 2015, 8:31 pm

Marky wrote:I'm pretty convinced Ambrose is taking the IC Title off of Owens soon so no Owens/Zayn IC Title feud if that happens.

I think if it is the old thing of does a wrestler need a belt to promote them, then Owens doesn't unless he were to leverage the fact that he is IC Champion to have a World Title shot.

But, if WWE does not run a Zayn / Owens program then they are crazy. Its been money every time its been done. Doesn't need the IC belt to do that though.
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Wed 25 Nov 2015, 8:32 pm

They might think its better off saved later into Zayn's career too.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo on Wed 25 Nov 2015, 9:20 pm

I truly believe with the right build up Zayn/Owens could headline Mania. They work that well together and the story of two old friends turned enemies who traveled the world together for 15 years sells itself.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Wed 25 Nov 2015, 9:21 pm

Im not sure thats such a big thing to say. I genuinely believe most talented wrestlers to be put in a feud could headline Mania with the right build.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo on Wed 25 Nov 2015, 9:26 pm

Can WWE be trusted? It worked well on NXT partly because they're free to do as they please to a degree. I dont think Vince's ego would allow that and as soon as it picked up some pace he would be all over it like white on rice and ruin the whole thing.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Thu 26 Nov 2015, 6:32 pm

NXT have been tweeting about him being back soon

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content