The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V2 WWC 2nd Round Group F

4 posters

Go down

Please vote for the wrestler/team you believe has generated the best work over the past 12-18 months

V2 WWC 2nd Round Group F Vote_lcap80%V2 WWC 2nd Round Group F Vote_rcap 80% 
[ 16 ]
V2 WWC 2nd Round Group F Vote_lcap0%V2 WWC 2nd Round Group F Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
V2 WWC 2nd Round Group F Vote_lcap5%V2 WWC 2nd Round Group F Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
V2 WWC 2nd Round Group F Vote_lcap0%V2 WWC 2nd Round Group F Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
V2 WWC 2nd Round Group F Vote_lcap15%V2 WWC 2nd Round Group F Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 20

Poll closed

V2 WWC 2nd Round Group F Empty V2 WWC 2nd Round Group F

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 26 Nov 2015, 1:16 am

The V2 WWC continues with a group containing some of the prettiest men in wrestling......and Pentagon Jr

Please vote for the wrestler/team you believe has generated the best work in the past 12-18 months

Remember for the 2nd round onwards only 1 vote per group is permitted

Please leave a comment as to who you have voted for and why to help facilitate discussion

The group will be closed at 23.00 tonight and no votes will be counted past that point

The wrestler/team that recieves the most votes will progress in to the quarter finals

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

V2 WWC 2nd Round Group F Empty Re: V2 WWC 2nd Round Group F

Post by Samo Thu 26 Nov 2015, 7:12 am

Who voted EC3 over Rollins? Come on now even Adam would admit thats a stretch.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 26 Nov 2015, 8:08 am

Went Rollins, despite not being booked as well as he should have been as MITB winner and WWE Champ, he's been brilliant as an old school heel, worming and cheating his way to title retention and I really believe he was going to break CM Punk's 434 day reign.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu 26 Nov 2015, 10:11 am

I'm going to rule out Orton and EC3 straight away. Both have their moments, but neither consistently reel me in so I'm sitting on the edge of my seat when they appear and others in this list do.

Rollins has wrestled some really good matches. I keep coming back to the 3-way he had with Cena and Lesnar, I love that match. When he has been allowed to break out his full repertoire he has shown that he's the best wrestler WWE had this year (counting Bryan as on the injury list). But, he wrestled that style too infrequently from April to the summer. And, here's where he loses my vote. The Pedigree. I'm sorry, but I can't cast my vote for the best wrestler of the year to a man who's finishing move looked so bad, so often.

I'm left with the two Lucha Underground guys. Johnny Mundo carried Lucha Underground on those very early episodes. Without Mundo putting on matches with Puma that had everyone sat up and taking note, that promotion would be dead. And he carried it all the way through the series, with a really solid body of work in the ring. And out of the ring, he had some really effective work, like making Cuerto look genuinely scared of him. His heel turn leading into Season 2, I am looking forward to watching.

Rewind a year and I don't think Pentagon Jr had even debuted on LU. I didn't have a clue who he was. In terms of being noticed in North America, I can't think of a bigger break out star this year. The chink in his armour, has he had the great matches? Can he deliver in the ring, what his character promises? Well, I'd say that we've had a really fun 3-way with Fenix and Drago and the Cero Mieda match with Vampiro. And if we move outside LU there is the really, really excellent PWG "tag" exhibition match and I've seen some crazy and crazily brilliant stuff on YouTube (some of which may not be from this year, but hey-ho). Its tight, but I can't find enough reasons to not vote Pentagon Jr.

Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 27 Nov 2015, 12:56 am

Voting is closed (sorry for the delay I was in the pub)

Congratulations to Seth Rollins as he advances to the quarter finals with a dominant 16 votes

The V2 WWC resumes on Monday with the start of the quarter finals

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down