The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2016 Predictions

+14
hawkeye
Guest82
banbrotam
Jahu
laverfan
YvonneT
socal1976
summerblues
Henman Bill
sirfredperry
kingraf
Danny_1982
Belovedluckyboy
Born Slippy
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2016 Predictions - Page 2 Empty 2016 Predictions

Post by Born Slippy Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

With 2015 concluded (bar the tiebreak tens and the IPTL), its time to predict what will happen next year. Will it be all change or will it be more of the same? Predict the top 5, slam winners, Davis Cup and Olympic gold winner:

Top 5:

1. Djokovic - will require something astonishing to de-throne him, given his total domination. Two more slams and more Masters will see him number 1 again.

2. Murray - expect him to be stronger and more of a challenge to Novak next year. Looked like he was getting closer in the middle of the year but DC focus appeared to zone him out after US Open.

3. Nadal - signs of improvement and good chance to start the year better. I just have a feeling he may grab the French again.

4. Federer - Surely he has to age at some stage? Still playing unbelievable tennis but focus likely to be heavily based on the Winbledon, Olympic, US stretch. May not put full effort into the clay.

5. Berdych - This is the tough one. I would like to say Kei but I don't think he will be fit enough. I don't see the likes to Thiem or Kyrgios quite making it this year. Berdych therefore gets the nod for consistency.

Tournaments:

AO - Djokovic def Murray
FO - Nadal def Djokovic
Wim - Murray def Fed
US - Djokovic def Nadal

OG - Djokovic

Davis Cup - France

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

2016 Predictions - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016 Predictions

Post by Born Slippy Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:56 pm

Yes, worth noting Novak and Andy between them won 8 of the 10 masters (including WTF). The only events they didn't win were MC (Nadal won) and Cincy (Novak didn't enter and an exhausted Murray lost the final having gone straight from the Olympics).

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2