The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Go Again! The Premier League thread

+36
Corporalhumblebucket
Atila
1GrumpyGolfer
JamesLincs
Holymiky
LondonTiger
BamBam
Lowlandbrit
Scott is Back
sirfredperry
socal1976
NickisBHAFC
Hammersmith harrier
lfc91
westisbest
Josiah Maiestas
GSC
Good Golly I'm Olly
Ent
Fernando
Dolphin Ziggler
Duty281
Crimey
Adam D
hampo17
LivinginItaly
Hero
newballs
guildfordbat
cherriesfna
kingraf
compelling and rich
Alistair
TRUSSMAN66
Mat
Bull
40 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 3 Empty We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Fernando Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

Leicester City XI: Schmeichel; Simpson, Huth, Morgan (c), Fuchs; Mahrez, Kanté, Drinkwater, Albrighton; Okazaki, Vardy

Leicester City Subs: De Laet, King, Schlupp, Ulloa, Dyer, Schwarzer, Inler

Manchester United XI: to face Leicester: De Gea, Darmian, McNair, Smalling, Blind, Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Mata, Young, Rooney, Martial

Manchester United Subs: Romero, Borthwick-Jackson, Fellaini, Memphis, Pereira, Schneiderlin, Rashford

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 3 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Guest Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:30 pm

sit back vs leicester & give them possession, similar to palace. they will be half as effective. leicester will counter all day long.

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 3 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by GSC Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:31 pm

Leicester have in form forwards, Swansea don't. Make a managers life much easier
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:31 pm

1-1 Southampton
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:35 pm

That Giroud sure does score a lot of goals
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:38 pm

No idea how this game is 0-0, both teams should have scored at least 3/4.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:41 pm

Thibaut Courtois finally back for Chelsea. May be a little rusty. Chelsea have missed him (and Cech)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:42 pm

still 1-1 here at the hawthorns. if spurs have made a step, they're failing to show it today, been average against us. with both manchester sides dropping points, this is a game they can't afford to drop points in a top 4 chase.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:52 pm

Well, probably a fair result. Entertaining enough game. Zarate Zarate Zarate...

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:53 pm

Watford 2 Norwich 0.  Watford up to ninth.  I think they are going to avoid relegation.

On current form I think the following are contenders for relegation:
Aston Villa (they sold the players that kept them up last season)
Newcastle (I think McLaren has to go)
Bournemouth (keep the manager - they are building something there).
Norwich (keep the manager - promoted teams always have difficulty coping with the massive jump in quality)
Swansea (I think Garry Monk lacks the experience to get out of this hole)

I think Sunderland are safe with Allardyce in charge.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:11 pm

That's the worst we've played since Hughton was in charge - Watford should've had 4/5.

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:12 pm

Oh and dropping ruddy is absolutely mad. Ridiculous decision
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:13 pm

Chelsea: Courtois; Ivanovic, Zouma, Cahill, Rahman; Fabregas, Matic; Willian, Oscar, Pedro; Hazard
Subs: Begovic, Azpilicueta, Mikel, Loftus-Cheek, Traore, Remy, Diego Costa

Bournemouth: Boruc; Daniels, Cook, Francis, Smith; Gosling, Surman; Ritchie, Arter Stanislas; King
Subs: Allsop, Cargill, Butcher, O’Kane, Kermorgant, Murray, Rantie

Going to be a long night for Bournemouth id expect.

It's not ridiculous Olly, He's been costing you points for the last few games it's thoroughly deserved.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:14 pm

Sunderland are still in it, definitely. He will probably keep it up, but contender and probably staying up are not different things.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:15 pm

Of course it's ridiculous nando - he's our best keeper by a country mile. Rudd is a half decent shot stopper, but has no command or distribution, constantly stays on his line.

Just cos Ruddy has a bad game against arsenal doesn't mean he needed dropping. Terrible management from Neil
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:53 pm

Also further evidence today of our ridiculous lack of investment in the summer - Watford invested and you see the results. We didn't and we're scrapping
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:23 pm

draw fair result in the end, not sure you can blame lvg on this one. we had more than enough chances but the players didnt take them. we had 21 shots, only one on target. thats not the manager

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:13 pm

Glennnnnnnnn

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:25 pm

Jose Mourinho hands down doing the worst job in the division this season. Abysmal
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:30 pm

What a chant.

This fat scum fk was giving it the big one.
Geting agressive had to many shandys.

Had some gay hat on, so we were singing whose the I play with my 2inch cock in the hat.

Anyway he got thrown out.
His mrs bounced up putting the v's up at us.

whers your boyfriend gone, wheres  your boyfriend gone.
More finger gestures insued.

So then. Your just a fat slag from pompy, fat slaaaaaaag from pompy.

Ah great stuff.

Yep that was the highlight of the game.

Onto the game. Garde has no clue, if he thinks brining Westwood and Gabby are going to save the day.

Anyway a point.

Meh.

Great support ma lord,,great support.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:31 pm

Olly wrote:At Watford - so so cold and fear a 3-1 defeat

Whats it like for away boozers.
Plan to go myself mext year

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:32 pm

I imagine the biggest knob in soccer isn't going to be making pops at Wenger for a little while.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:07 pm

compelling and rich wrote:draw fair result in the end, not sure you can blame lvg on this one. we had more than enough chances but the players didnt take them. we had 21 shots, only one on target. thats not the manager
Only one on target tells a story though. We were always set again by the time you attacked. Mata Martial and then Memphis were good to watch today though. 

I'm happy though. We could have taken it, we could have lost, but we continued to make play and try score all the time. That performance hasn't happened at Old Trafford under Allardyce. 

Whilst we lack channel threat with Carroll, his touch was great at times and the pass to Zarate was perfect.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:20 pm

Tettey wraps up moron of the week early.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:21 pm

Martial, schweinsteiger, fellaini all missing sitters. Mata and lindgard decent chances.

Lvg can't go on the pitxh and acore te goals for them.

Fans booing need to get a grip.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:24 pm

GSC wrote:Tettey wraps up moron of the week early.

Many contenders in green today, but that was the silliest thing I've seen him do in his time here. To be honest Watford should've had 4/5 and Bassong should've given away a pen too
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:24 pm

Really feel the only way Norwich stay up is if better sides continue to underperform.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:34 pm

McClean should walk for that. Shocking tackle
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:51 pm

Ent wrote:Martial, schweinsteiger, fellaini all missing sitters. Mata and lindgard decent chances.

Not sure any sitters were missed. Even the Fellaini one was a very good bit of goalkeeping. 

I see why, it was entertaining but you always had to work through us because there was very little dynamism. Carrick only player who passes forward with purpose.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:54 pm

Lingard should've hit the target I guess.

Wright makes some sense.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:28 am

Huge win in the relegation 6 pointer, King Glenn Murray steps up, outa the bottom 3 and home to united next week, movin on up the league
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:35 am

GSC wrote:Really feel the only way Norwich stay up is if better sides continue to underperform.

Like I said all season since August - we just need to stay in touch until January and then spend the money we stupidly didn't spend in the summer on a centre half and possibly a forward too.

If we don't spend in January we're in trouble
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:07 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Ent wrote:Martial, schweinsteiger, fellaini all missing sitters. Mata and lindgard decent chances.

Not sure any sitters were missed. Even the Fellaini one was a very good bit of goalkeeping. 

I see why, it was entertaining but you always had to work through us because there was very little dynamism. Carrick only player who passes forward with purpose.

Was a tap in he gave the keeper a chance with.

Created more chances than we have in weeks just a pity we couldn't take them.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:14 am

Fellani should have scored twice as should Martial, then Schweinsteiger, Lingard and Mata all missed sitters too; that's seven gilt edged chances and none taken.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:21 am

Hi Olly - agree with that. Certainly looks like Norwich will need to be doing some buying in January to stay up.

Since this season started I thought it would be your fellow promotion sides Bournemouth and Watford who would most likely be going straight back down. Despite yesterday's brilliant result, I still fear for Bournemouth - a bit like Burnley, a team with a good and likeable manager capable of fine play at times but maybe not able to get enough goals and wins. However, Watford are doing almost everything possible atm to prove me wrong.

At the top end of the table, credit to Vardy for the assist with Mahrez's hat-trick goal rather than trying to equal Jimmy Dunne's record. Actually thought there were occasions in recent games that Vardy was too concerned with the record and shot when a pass looked the better option - mind you, hard to knock a goalscorer in his sort of form. Anyway, pleased that Dunne's record survives and we have a reminder that football existed before the Premier League.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:24 am

7? Not sure about that. Even the Fellaini one he snaps at and Adrian is just very good on. If we're thinking every decent chance should be taken easily then we'd have been out of sight in the first half!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:14 am

Last six games at OT

0-0, 0-0, 2-0, 1-0, 0-0, 0-0

LVG has stripped away all confidence in his players, you miss chances when not confident & unhappy playing a certain style. LVG needs to go & it's looks like the board know this, seeing as they admitted this week, they're making plans for his replacement already. Admittedly, they stated for when he retires, but I'm sure it will be this summer. This can't go on at OT.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:14 pm

If they get top four and, with a stubborn defence, remain in the title race then he can justifiably say it's part of a process. It was telling how much better they looked with Carrick on.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:06 pm

De Jong & Cisse up front, Liverpool have no Coutinho, Henderson, Sturridge or the suspended Can. Think we can bag a draw.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:13 pm

Liverpool XI vs. Newcastle: Mignolet; Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Moreno; Lucas, Allen, Milner, Ibe; Firmino, Benteke.

LFC subs: Bogdan, Toure, Henderson, Sturridge, Lallana, Origi, Randall

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 3 CVjQcTLVEAASELx

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:19 pm

John wrote:De Jong & Cisse up front, Liverpool have no Coutinho, Henderson, Sturridge or the suspended Can. Think we can bag a draw.

Had no Coutinho or Henderson against Southampton and put six past them, just think when we beat you it may by Scheves last game Wink

Last edited by PaulHv2 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:24 pm

PaulHv2 wrote:
John wrote:De Jong & Cisse up front, Liverpool have no Coutinho, Henderson, Sturridge or the suspended Can. Think we can bag a draw.

Had no Coutinho or Henderson against Southampton and put six past them, just think when we beat you it may by Scheves last game Wink

Someday's i wonder if you even watch Liverpool games Paul Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:26 pm

Watch every game Wink , however being drugged up to the f**king eyeballs and running on 2 hours sleep in three days is certainly starting to affect me Laugh

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:34 pm

Just on the Newcastle situation, how much blame do the players have to take for the performances? Yes the tactics aren't great, but some of the goals that have been conceded have been school boy stuff, doesn't matter what tactics Scheve gives if the defenders can't do their job properly. 

Haven't watched much of Newcastle this season so curious to hear Johns thoughts.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:34 pm

Could be worse could watch Newcastle or Villa on a weekly basis....

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:59 pm

If Liverpool score 1 early today this could be a brutal beatdown.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:03 pm

James Milner couldn't take a corner if his life depended on it.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:21 pm

Benteke skies it over the bar from 4 yards

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:22 pm

Has to score there really.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:25 pm

We look flat. Perez & Mitrovic needed

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:30 pm

Siem De Jong with a blatant hand ball there.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next