The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Go Again! The Premier League thread

+36
Corporalhumblebucket
Atila
1GrumpyGolfer
JamesLincs
Holymiky
LondonTiger
BamBam
Lowlandbrit
Scott is Back
sirfredperry
socal1976
NickisBHAFC
Hammersmith harrier
lfc91
westisbest
Josiah Maiestas
GSC
Good Golly I'm Olly
Ent
Fernando
Dolphin Ziggler
Duty281
Crimey
Adam D
hampo17
LivinginItaly
Hero
newballs
guildfordbat
cherriesfna
kingraf
compelling and rich
Alistair
TRUSSMAN66
Mat
Bull
40 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 4 Empty We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Fernando Sat 28 Nov 2015, 5:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

Leicester City XI: Schmeichel; Simpson, Huth, Morgan (c), Fuchs; Mahrez, Kanté, Drinkwater, Albrighton; Okazaki, Vardy

Leicester City Subs: De Laet, King, Schlupp, Ulloa, Dyer, Schwarzer, Inler

Manchester United XI: to face Leicester: De Gea, Darmian, McNair, Smalling, Blind, Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Mata, Young, Rooney, Martial

Manchester United Subs: Romero, Borthwick-Jackson, Fellaini, Memphis, Pereira, Schneiderlin, Rashford

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 4 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 06 Dec 2015, 4:41 pm

Benteke stinks, Milner stinks
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 4 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by lfc91 Sun 06 Dec 2015, 4:54 pm

Find myself agreeing with olly, Milner especially is very often one of the worst performers. Realistically when hendo is fit and coutinho back Milner should be nowhere near the starting line up.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sun 06 Dec 2015, 5:17 pm

Get Milner Ibe and Benteke off, Hendo Lallana and sturridge on.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 06 Dec 2015, 5:21 pm

Don't think Ibe has been helped by Benteke standing still the entire game, with the Newcastle CBs either side of him.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Dec 2015, 5:21 pm

Not sure what McClaren is waiting for, GET PEREZ on or something

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sun 06 Dec 2015, 5:24 pm

This has probably been the worst I've seen us play under klopp.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Dec 2015, 5:25 pm

Yessssssssssss!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sun 06 Dec 2015, 5:26 pm

Pathetic

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 06 Dec 2015, 5:30 pm

Very poor LFC, and sadly Newcastle getting a massive piece of luck to actually score. Easy save if Skrtel doesn't touch it.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sun 06 Dec 2015, 5:36 pm

Clearly on ffs!!!!

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 06 Dec 2015, 5:41 pm

Two massive pieces of luck for Newcastle in this game then.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sun 06 Dec 2015, 5:46 pm

The second wasn't luck was more incompetence.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 06 Dec 2015, 5:47 pm

Incompetence on the officials part, luck for newcastle.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sun 06 Dec 2015, 5:48 pm

Either way, I'm thoroughly p*ssed off with the entire situation.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Dec 2015, 5:50 pm

What a win!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sun 06 Dec 2015, 5:51 pm

Brutal performance.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 06 Dec 2015, 5:52 pm

Superb second goal, but and it's a huge but that official has had a shocker and I genuinely think Newcastle crumble if they concede. 

That said, p1ss poor from Liverpool.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Dec 2015, 5:53 pm

Thanks for the points Kloppy!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 06 Dec 2015, 5:54 pm

John wrote:Thanks for the points Kloppy!!!!!!

Didn't realise Klopp was the linesman Wink

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sun 06 Dec 2015, 5:56 pm

Luck and poor officiating aside, the players should be ashamed off themselves. A performance that bad against any side is pathetic and in the premier league every team is good enough to punish you for it.

Milner/Benteke/Ibe should be left out next weekend, 3 off them brought nothing at all to the table today. Ibe ran a lot but as always the end product was shocking.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 06 Dec 2015, 5:59 pm

Thought Ibe offered more than Firminio did LFC, Benteke is far too stationary for this system. Hard to create anything for a striker who wants to stand next to the CBs the whole game, while the end product still wasn't there, you could see the difference having the likes of Sturridge, Origi and Lallana on the pitch made. 

Milner, well he's been poor all season. He's turning in to another Joe Cole kind of signing, comes from a title challenging team and offers sweet FA.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sun 06 Dec 2015, 6:31 pm

Yeah Ibe tried a lot, and actually ran at defenders which is good, but with such poor passing/end product nothing came off. Seemed to just be trying to hard at times. Actually forgot Firminho was on to be honest so you are probably right there. Think Benteke will be on the bench at best on Thursday/Sunday. Having him on the pitch is actually counter productive at times, with too many long balls to him with not enough attempts to actually play football!(similar to the effect andy Carroll had on our play when he was on).

Milner needs left out of the team for a while. Needs to know that a big wage and the vice captaincy doesn't guarantee selection, all he has offered is work rate. Nothing else.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Dec 2015, 6:34 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Sunderland are still in it, definitely. He will probably keep it up, but contender and probably staying up are not different things.
Okay with Bournemouth winning (deservedly) at Chelsea and Newcastle beating Liverpool - it seems the relegation scrap is going to be interesting this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Dec 2015, 6:37 pm

Liverpool have been beaten by Crystal Palace and Newcastle over their past four Premiership matches.  The similarity is that they are both Pardew related teams built on yielding possession and playing counterattacking football with fast players with a proven ability to score.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 06 Dec 2015, 6:46 pm

The quality at the top might be perceived to be getting worse but it's sure making for a more interesting season, personally think the lower teams have all got better.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 06 Dec 2015, 7:06 pm

I don't think you can equate the Palace and Newcastle loss to Pardew related sides.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 06 Dec 2015, 7:44 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:The quality at the top might be perceived to be getting worse but it's sure making for a more interesting season, personally think the lower teams have all got better.

Thats true.

Well exceptfor Villa.
We get worse every season.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 06 Dec 2015, 8:03 pm

Awful weekend for our teams westi - in terms of everyone else seeming to win around us!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 06 Dec 2015, 8:18 pm

True.

We cant win to save our lives.
Coming slowly to the reality that we will finally go down.

We need to go on some kind of run and hope teams above lose, but as you say, Newcastle, Sunderland, Bournemout picking up points.
Even yourselves.

Was at St Mary's yesterday and although we got a point, we were pretty poor again.

Dont get any easier with Arsenal sunday.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by newballs Sun 06 Dec 2015, 8:25 pm

Hammersmith Harrier for your information watched the game at the Old City pub in Hammersmith and made friends with a Liverpool fan named Tommy.
We both agreed the first Newcastle goal was lucky and Liverpool were the victims of daylight robbery when their equaliser was disallowed but he was magnanimous to concede it was a well taken second goal.
Yes Liverpool were poor but nothing is going to take away that warm happy feeling of 3 points earned the hard way. As Newcastle vs. Liverpool games go it wasn't a classic but 3 points is what it says it is, 3 points.
Howay the lads.

newballs

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 06 Dec 2015, 10:10 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:The quality at the top might be perceived to be getting worse but it's sure making for a more interesting season, personally think the lower teams have all got better.

Performances in Europe show its the standards slipping at the top.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 06 Dec 2015, 11:00 pm

Rumors on Tw@tter suggesting Shrek is not injured just suspended after having alcohol in his blood test

I suspect BS but i wouldn't blame him turning to drink with Colleen at home and LVG at Work

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Dec 2015, 10:11 am

Fernando wrote:Rumors on Tw@tter suggesting Shrek is not injured just suspended after having alcohol in his blood test

I suspect BS but i wouldn't blame him turning to drink with Colleen at home and LVG at Work
My take on it was that he's been so poor they had to drop him but it's a PR nightmare to do that so an "injury" is Utd's best option.

My other take is that Liverpool weren't s*** like Klopp said, but all "injured" however, having watched the game, I can safely say we were s***

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Dec 2015, 10:45 am

Liverpool were bang awful, glad Newcastle won, cos they fully deserved it. Totally outrun Liverpool & were more hungry. Already a sign that Klopps full throttle football, in this high intensity of a league, won't be able to be done for long periods, it's just too demanding. Signs of Dortmund collapsing under that demand of football & led to injuries throughout the whole squad. Seeing as Klopp has inherited an injury prone squad, doesn't bode well. Glad Klopp lost, cos the media bumming sessions & trying to recreate him as the new kind of mourinho ( when he first arrived) was already starting to get on my nerves.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 07 Dec 2015, 12:12 pm

Liverpools players also aren't conditioned to play that style vs Rodgers.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Dec 2015, 2:13 pm

Just seemed to me that Liverpool thought, "They won't keep this up! and then failed to recognize the bloody obvious. Poor performance all round. I'd have had Sturridge on for 60 mins and then replaced him with Benteke or Origi not the other way round. Benteke almost made me misty eyed for the return of Mario he was so ineffectual.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 07 Dec 2015, 2:51 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Just seemed to me that Liverpool thought, "They won't keep this up! and then failed to recognize the bloody obvious. Poor performance all round. I'd have had Sturridge on for 60 mins and then replaced him with Benteke or Origi not the other way round. Benteke almost made me misty eyed for the return of Mario he was so ineffectual.

I do believe under klippity Klopp that Mario would probably turn out quite well tbh.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Dec 2015, 4:26 pm

Thoughts on Craig Bellamy, possibly replacing Gary Neville on MNF? Not really a fan, although he's got a big mouth, so he could be interesting to listen too. Actually looking forward to tonight's game, very interesting match up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 07 Dec 2015, 5:07 pm

Sure Carragher has said they are not replacing him, that they'll be having guests each week for a while.

I like Craig Bellamy. Git on the pitch, but seems grounded off it and has more intelligence than a lot of them.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 07 Dec 2015, 8:25 pm

Bastian Schweinstiger charged with violent conduct.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 07 Dec 2015, 8:39 pm

Bellamy is meant to be a great bloke off the pitch tbf

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 07 Dec 2015, 8:51 pm

I hope he gets to interview Terry after a defeat Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 07 Dec 2015, 9:10 pm

Tbh whoever they get, will be miles away from being as good as Neville

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 07 Dec 2015, 9:21 pm

Fernando wrote:Bastian Schweinstiger charged with violent conduct.
We were all so surprised the ref missed it. And the Fellaini one.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 07 Dec 2015, 9:25 pm

What an incredible save that is

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 07 Dec 2015, 9:33 pm

Palace with the definition of a fantastic away performance

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 07 Dec 2015, 9:34 pm

Everton 0-1 Palace - Scott Dann

Wickham & Kebab off for Gayle & Mutch

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 07 Dec 2015, 9:38 pm

Everton 1-1 Palace - Lukaku

100th appearance, 50th Goal

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 07 Dec 2015, 9:48 pm

Bold statement: I think Lukaku is the best striker in the league

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 07 Dec 2015, 10:00 pm

Sergio Aguero says go home Nick you're drunk.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next