The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PGA Tour: The Two Faces of Paul Casey: Notes from the Ballwasher

+21
incontinentia
skiddy
SmithersJones
raycastleunited
1GrumpyGolfer
ScottieD18
Davie
navyblueshorts
McLaren
GPB
super_realist
Shotrock
kwinigolfer
puligny
Roller_Coaster
Bob_the_Job
robopz
pedro
beninho
EmmDee57
Seve76
25 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

PGA Tour: The Two Faces of Paul Casey: Notes from the Ballwasher Empty PGA Tour: The Two Faces of Paul Casey: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by kwinigolfer Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:44 pm

1).Paul Casey is a one-man charm offensive when it comes to dealing with the US Media - always good for an articulate, well-spoken interview, and often with at least a smidgeon of an edge to what he has to say. "Cocky and abrasive" were two of the least unflattering descriptions of him in a Telegraph article a few years ago.
In turn, the Press hacks here have seemingly forgiven him the "I properly hate the Americans" nonsense he came up with ten years ago.

2).Now it's almost as if he "properly hates" the European Tour, their rules and Ryder Cup eligibility requirements.
He's engaged in a war of words with Keith Pelley who, by most accounts, has bent over backwards in an effort to accommodate Paul - he's determined to play the Bridgestone, for instance, rather than accept the French Open olive branch, so "That number hasn't changed. It's still five (regular European Tour events mandated). The number is still the same, Keith Pelley. The number is still five."

3).As Geoff Shackleford writes, " . . . . some speculated that Casey was exacting revenge for being snubbed by Colin Montgomerie as a Captain's pick for the 2010 matches" when he was still in the owgr's Top Ten. An out of form Harrington was chosen in front of Casey and that Monty decision reportedly left Casey in tears.
But: "No, that never even crossed my mind," said St.Paul, who could have added "'course it didn't", but did say, "The Ryder Cup was never even discussed."

4).Justin Rose tried to rationalise it this way, and this from a man who was similarly "snubbed" by Montgomerie: "When you put so much into the Ryder Cup and feel like you should be on the Team and you get let down like that, maybe that's harbouring some of his decision-making to this day."

5).In lieu of the Ryder Cup, Casey's national ambition this year is to earn a spot on the British Olympic Team. He still has a lot of work to do, but this is a realistic goal.

6).But it's also quite likely that, apart from his understandable family objectives, he's also looking to cement his "status" on the PGA Tour, which is currently year-to-year. Whether due to injury, divorce, disaffection or bad form, he's missed out on some high-earning years. He's only 102nd in career earnings, at least $6M adrift of #50, and still only has one win. He HAS done well in FedEx bonuses and, unless his form disappears again, he's a racing cert for a free ride to the Champions Tour. (Don't suppose he's thinking of that, but it's a nice annuity, even when you're a millionaire several times over.)

7).His Ryder Cup record is excellent and he even gutted out what could have been a vital Ryder Cup half for Faldo in a singles match with Mahan when Hunner was holing everything in sight. As he says, "Some of my best moments, experiences, were on the European Tour and the Ryder Cup."

8).Anyone care what I think? I think Casey is as talented as any British golfer of his generation and six years ago was more likely to win a Major than McDowell or Rose.
For a variety of reasons he lost his way, but part of his getting back on course was due to his richly earned European exemptions and subsequent wins in Ireland and Holland (neither of which titles he bothered to defend).
When he was thus rehabilitating himself in "Europe", he had lost "status" on the PGA Tour, getting into very few events via invitations or "past Champion" status, just 16 in 2012/2013 combined, another 16 in 2014.
It's disingenuous of him not to admit that he was 169th in the world before he won in Ireland in 2013, which leveraged him in to Majors and WGC's and caused his US profile to resurface. Then his Dutch Open win lifted him up another 22 spots, to 62nd.
Europe was good enough for him then and it's a shame he's not coming to any accommodation with the E.T. now. Casey could well be the ultimate loser in all this, and that would do no justice at all to what has already been a very fine career.

9).It was interesting to see John McClaren, recently split from Luke Donald, auditioning on Casey's bag in the Bahamas. Seems only a few years ago that Christian Donald went the same route. For some reason Casey runs through caddies at a rapid rate - perhaps he's "cocky and abrasive" with them too?

10).Many will say rightly say that golfers are independent contractors and who wouldn't take the biggest money-earning opportunities they can find? Personally, I think there's more to life, and certainly sport, than that; how else could I justify being a Pompey supporter?
It would be good to think that Paul Casey might remember that before his career is done, that there's more to one's legacy than dollars in the bank. As it is, for this family-first Arizona homebody, his last four tournaments have all been outside the USA, chasing guaranteed money and appearance fees no doubt.
Regardless, good luck to him; just hold your nose next time you hear Paul Casey interviewed.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: The Two Faces of Paul Casey: Notes from the Ballwasher Empty Re: PGA Tour: The Two Faces of Paul Casey: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by Seve76 Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:14 pm

Very interesting analysis, Kwini, of a golfer who I can't decide whether I like or not...
Re. the "properly hate Americans" comments he made, I seem to recall that was in response to Ryan Palmer calling the Nationwide tour "the second best tour in the world", just days after Europe's best had annihilated the US at Oakland Hills. Back in those days Casey obviously felt quite protective towards, and proud of, the ET!

Seve76

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: The Two Faces of Paul Casey: Notes from the Ballwasher Empty Re: PGA Tour: The Two Faces of Paul Casey: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by kwinigolfer Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:14 pm

Seve,
I feel similarly conflicted regarding Casey. Have followed him for two 18-hole rounds in the last couple of years - sometimes entertaining, other times seemingly petulant.
Unfortunately the "Nationwide" rhetoric still persists!

It will be interesting to see Casey's schedule this year; from here it looks like he's cutting off his nose to spite his face, but hopefully he can find it within himself to kiss and make up, if not for next year, sometime in the future.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:21 pm

Kwini

When 163rd in the world you are more likely to win a European Tour event than a PGAT event given the difference in the strength of the fields. What was wrong with Casey playing lower quality events when he was a lower ranked player?

I feel pretty comfortable with the European tour being the second tier of world golf and would not expect players to prioritize it over the PGAT. You know I think double dipping is on the way to being an activity of the past and Pelley offering fewer events shows he also understands this.

Casey is not good enough to double dip and given the choice of another rankings fall (due to trying to double dip) or doing well on the PGAT, it is easy to see what his strategy is.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:46 pm

Bigger purses, better fields, better run events ... why would anyone prioritize the ET over the PGAT (if you are a "top" player)?

Answer: Because you like where the ET event is held and what it offers (at least that week) ... or, you want to represent your continent in the every-other-year exhibition event.

If Casey keeps his current run of form, I would NOT be surprised if he were to appeal for special exemption into the ET so he can represent Europe in the 2016 Ryder Cup.

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmDee57 Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:40 pm

Can't stand the man.
He refers to himself as "P.C." which makes me furious steam steam

EmmDee57

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:52 pm

I think he might have inadvertently omitted the R.I.K.
As in two-faced P.C.

Somehow, with Paul, whatever he does will end in tears, Marriage, the E.T., Caddies, you name it.

The better his golf (and hopefully he'll have some wins to show for it), the bigger his platform will be to talk out of both sides of his mouth.

Sr,
One would think he's burning bridges with players as well as the European Tour; don't bank on a welcome party if he "were to appeal for special exemption". Not a chance in 2016 unless he signs up for his E.T. card and satisfies membership criteria.
Europe has won three without him after all.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:52 pm

EmmDee57 wrote:Can't stand the man.
He refers to himself as "P.C." which makes me furious steam steam

Nowhere near as bad as calling yourself "Tiger", "Bubba",  "Boo" etc, they sound like terrible pet names rather than for people.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:06 pm

I suspect, but don't know, that he has "spat the dummy" which is a real shame. He is a terrific golfer and I've enjoyed watching him, but if he doesn't want to play here so what? When pitching to play for a team - even an exhibition event against representatives of the biggest bestest, most wonderful tour in America (the world as currently defined) - first requirement is you really want to be part of the team. Paul doesn't, hey ho, team will survive. Cheerio Paul. Next?

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:09 pm

I really am not a fan of his. He has some good wins but I dont think he has ever been as good as he thinks or people think.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:14 pm

I really am not a fan of his. He has some good wins but I dont think he has ever been as good as he thinks or people think.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:17 pm

I think puligny is suggesting that Casey has been radicalized . . . . . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:51 pm

Always liked the Casey swing though, should have won more than he has, but he's got a pretty sweet life. Pollyanna at home, millions in the bank and snowboarding in the off season.

Who needs the European Tour?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:47 pm

kwini (and everyone else)

If you were qualified to play on both the PGAT and the european tour but decided to play only one of them, which one would it be and why?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:44 pm

Mac,
Playing two Tours isn't that tough from a travel standpoint, I've had years where I've done twice as much travel as the top-level pros. (Though sponsor obligations wouldn't apply in my case, nor appearance fees or guaranteed money just for showing up regardless of performance). They just need to get a firm grip on their schedules.

Otherwise, I'd choose the Kaymer route. Cue ridicule . . . . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:45 pm

It would depend on where I were in my career and in my family life. Pretty much how Casey reasons I guess.

If I had been around for several years, had a few wins under my belt - and had young children - I'd probably live and play where I felt at 'home'. Now Casey has lived in the US for many years and his wife is American (?) so that speaks in favor of the US. (And who knows if he leaves and Trump becomes president, a radicalised dude like him would never get back in.)

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:58 pm

He's tried the American wife, now he's had a child with the former Miss Mansfield.

It didn't go so well for Worksop Man.
Perhaps Mansfield Girl might enjoy the States a little more.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:01 pm

Kwin - With all due respect, saying "playing two tours isn't that tough from a travel standpoint" is something I would challenge.  

The best player in the world (IMO) has made it clear as follows ...

Rory McIlroy: Travel-weary player considered quitting European Tour

Although this is time usually spent in the most cosseted of cabins, it also explains why he has no problem with Paul Casey potentially turning his back on the Ryder Cup.

Indeed, McIlroy admits that he has considered following the Englishman's example and resigning from the European Tour to help make his schedule easier to manage.

"I've definitely contemplated it," the 26-year-old told BBC Sport. "You know, getting sick of the travel, getting sick of having to cross back and forth between tours.

"The players on the European Tour have had endless dialogue about reducing the number of tournaments that you need to play."

Travel takes its toll ... obviously.

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:03 pm

Casey's wife is British Pedro.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:08 pm

Kwini - he might claim marginalised! Just a shame that he seems to feel it's a binary choice. Few will ever believe he isn't feeling he is getting his own back but actually nobody cares! Certainly Darren seemed less than desperate when he commented on the situation.
I wish I could feel some empathy - I've really enjoyed watching his golf and remember particularly mentioning that we followed him during second round of US Open qualifying at Walton Heath a few years ago. Brilliant, and brilliantly supported. Cheers Paul and cheerio!

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:20 pm

puligny thumbsup

Sr,
Much of Rory's travel is self-inflicted; he's rationalising it a bit now, but for most of his career he's hared off here, there and everywhere.
Travel, especially first-class or private (I assume, no long trips private for moi), is just not that tough if you plan it correctly.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:57 pm

I wonder how much of a bonus players get from sponsors if they play in the Ryder Cup?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:28 pm

Why would they get any Mac? They have Ryder Cup gear on, not those of their sponsors.

In Ryder Cup, they aren't really endorsing any products. They might have shoes, you might see a ball name, but that's about it, nothing else is on show.

For example, how many sponsors would be paying out the American team? Hardly been inspiring or made a name for their products have they?

Some might try and ride a wave on the success of Europe post event though, but I can't really see players getting massive payouts, when they get them already. Maybe it's a clause in their contract, they get a bonus if they make the team, more if they win perhaps, who knows.
All I know is I haven't seen a raft of adverts from the likes of TaylorMade, Callaway or Titleist trying to dine out on the success of their staff players following a Ryder Cup (sure it's the same in America post Presidents Cup Laugh )

It wasn't that long ago that certain Yanks were moaning about not being paid to play, that lack of team spirit is the main reason they are most often on the losing side.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:48 am

Henrik Stenson can double dip and get his damaged meniscus fixed as well. Tweeting that he had surgery in FLA today.

He says he'll be back in late Jan/early Feb. Sounds a bit optimistic.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:42 pm

KT Kim has given up on his long distance commute after shooting level par in Thailand. Now showing as officially withdrawn from web.com Q-School What was he thinking?

Q-School now underway and of little interest to most golf fans. But Gonzo is playing, as are David Skinns and Jimmy Gunn.
And young Aussies Nick Cullen and Lincoln Tighe.
Ollie Schneiderjans scraped in and now's the time to start showing whether he's a top player or merely a very good College golfer.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:53 pm

Cullen led Euro school after round 1 with 9or 10 under. Didn't qualify though he is a quality player (aren't they all). Think he might have one of the big Aussie titles a couple of years ago?

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:15 pm

Cullen beat Adam Scott to win last yr's Aussie Masters.
He's 31 now though, so it looks to be getting close to "now or never" for him to take his career much further.
(PS: Should have an "Australian" report in a couple of days. So long as he doesn't get thrown off for not having the correct socks. These Aussie clubs sure have weird rules - place he played Thursday you had to wear "Club" logoed socks or plain white - none of this Nike/adidas/Puma rubbish allowed.)

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:03 pm

Kwini - that's the one! Would be interested in Australian review - I had only heard good stuff but read an interview with Darius Oliver on Golf Club Atlas, admittedly now a few years old, and he was quite dismissive. Mind you he was also not impressed with Lake Karrinyup which Ive played and thought excellent! Which others has he played locally?
I know what you mean about rules, although we generally found printed rules were strict and clubs were so laid back they were horizontal. Mind you NSW GC introduction pack included tees, course planner, etc, and a pair of logoed socks - just in case?

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:05 am

Situation with Casey seems a lot more simple to me than everybody's making it out to be.

First... The rigors of travel are REAL and I always get a chuckle out of those who dismiss the difficulties of the amount of travel dual tour players are required to make.  Heck, it's difficult enough doing so just domestically, but adding in 2 or 3 additional international trips adds a lot to it. And it's one thing for a working stiff like myself and another for them. Quite frankly in my business I could afford to be at less than full mental and physical acuity to perform my job... If I missed a shot by a 1/4 of a second... so what...  But a professional golfer doesn't have that luxury when the difference between contending for titles and fighting to make the cut can be measure by just a very few mistakes.

Second - Paul Casey is 38 years old... and his remaining window to maximize on his talent is fast approaching.... if he's not already starting the downside.  IMO the proper path today is to take his best shot out of getting the most out of his remaining career he possibly can.  And IMO that's focusing all his energy's on one tour or the other. And in his case, IMO the PGAT makes more sense than the ET for him right now, Ryder Cup be damned.  On the PGAT he has the potential of getting a couple legitimate shots at the $10 million mega prize.  How'd you like to be sitting in a place where over the next few years you might have maybe 5 or 6 bites at a maybe 1 in 50 chance of winning a $10 million lotto?   Would you take it?  And even putting that plum aside... look at his results of late in the U.S.... not just wins and losses... but MONEY.  $3.5 mil in just official earnings sans FECup...

Third - Add his family obligations and the fact he's a long time permanent resident of the U.S. to all of the above...  

Yep... seems pretty simple to me... regardless of what anybody thinks about the guy... if you take the emotion, jingoism and "what everybody else thinks?" out of it...  and just get down to the nuts and bolts of it... seems to me he made the right decision for HIM and HIS FAMILY.   Maybe it works out in the end, maybe not, and maybe he's hacking some people off. To that I say Boo-friken-hoo... too bad. It's not his job to care one bit about what anybody else thinks.

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:37 am

robo,
Yes, it is simple, but Casey complicates it.

He wants the best of both worlds and is more than a little disingenuous in the way he's going about it.

Can disagree about some of your other points but that's beside the point. Only reason for the piece in the first place is that he's talking out of every orifice of his body. Don't frankly think anyone on here cares a hoot (or much more than a hoot) where he plays, but just get on with it and stop the drama queen act.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:02 am

Cheers Kwini
Have to say I'd always thought Casey was a good guy and didn't see his whiny attitude to the ET as too much of an issue - or at least understandable/forgivable. But lately I've heard a few things that put me off him - one thing that came from someone I know who was actually there when an incident occurred. If it played out how he claims, then my view now is that he's a bit of a richard.

Still a good golfer though - although one of those I'd class as failing (so far) to fulfill his potential
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:03 am

robopz wrote:Situation with Casey seems a lot more simple to me than everybody's making it out to be.

First... The rigors of travel are REAL and I always get a chuckle out of those who dismiss the difficulties of the amount of travel dual tour players are required to make.  Heck, it's difficult enough doing so just domestically, but adding in 2 or 3 additional international trips adds a lot to it. And it's one thing for a working stiff like myself and another for them. Quite frankly in my business I could afford to be at less than full mental and physical acuity to perform my job... If I missed a shot by a 1/4 of a second... so what...  But a professional golfer doesn't have that luxury when the difference between contending for titles and fighting to make the cut can be measure by just a very few mistakes.

Second - Paul Casey is 38 years old... and his remaining window to maximize on his talent is fast approaching.... if he's not already starting the downside.  IMO the proper path today is to take his best shot out of getting the most out of his remaining career he possibly can.  And IMO that's focusing all his energy's on one tour or the other. And in his case, IMO the PGAT makes more sense than the ET for him right now, Ryder Cup be damned.  On the PGAT he has the potential of getting a couple legitimate shots at the $10 million mega prize.  How'd you like to be sitting in a place where over the next few years you might have maybe 5 or 6 bites at a maybe 1 in 50 chance of winning a $10 million lotto?   Would you take it?  And even putting that plum aside... look at his results of late in the U.S.... not just wins and losses... but MONEY.  $3.5 mil in just official earnings sans FECup...

Third - Add his family obligations and the fact he's a long time permanent resident of the U.S. to all of the above...  

Yep... seems pretty simple to me... regardless of what anybody thinks about the guy... if you take the emotion, jingoism and "what everybody else thinks?" out of it...  and just get down to the nuts and bolts of it... seems to me he made the right decision for HIM and HIS FAMILY.   Maybe it works out in the end, maybe not, and maybe he's hacking some people off.  To that I say Boo-friken-hoo... too bad. It's not  his job to care one bit about what anybody else thinks.

clap

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:01 am

Robo - it is beautifully simple. He can play wherever he likes, evidence past few weeks of global travel. Just get on with it, don't try to blame an organisation which helped build your career, and which you feel you no longer need. He's quite entitled to bear a grudge, and I suspect he is, but be honest about that also.

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:10 pm

. . . . and "helped" re"build your career" . . . . . . . .

But who's going to help rebuild the career of Gonzalo F'dez?
A dismal Round 1 at web.com Q-School, and only three rounds to retrieve the situation, not the five rounds of years past. If he doesn't have any more than tenuous conditional "status" in the USA, where does he ply his trade in 2016?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:50 pm

Kwini

Once your mindset switched around to accepting the European Tour is second rate compared to the PGAT it will all make sense. He used the Euro tour when he wasn't playing well but is now playing well enough to be successful on the PGAT. It seems so obvious that if you are only going to play one tour it would be the PGAT.

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:04 pm

Mac,
I really don't think you ever read other posts, just repeat your own mantra at regular intervals, probably on some sort of auto-post.

Apples and oranges - this was never about which Tour he is playing.

You'll have a tough time convincing me that anything in Europe is especially second-rate compared to "America", except baseball and my wife, not necessarily in that order.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:24 pm

Kwini

I have read your posts and offer the above post as a counter to the idea that Casey should be showing some degree of loyalty to the European tour because it helped when he was down.

You said "He wants the best of both worlds and is more than a little disingenuous in the way he's going about it."

I am suggesting he wants as easy a life as possible and playing only one tour offers that.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:29 pm

Mac, Surely if he wants an easy life he sticks to one tour. The hard part is playing on both isn't it?
Whichever tour he played on exclusively would be the easy option right?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:38 pm

Super

Exactly, and the Tour offering the easiest travel plans, most OWGR points and most money is the PGAT.

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:49 pm

Of course it's about which tour he's playing!  Were he a member of the ET, he could represent the continent in the every-other-year exhibition event. (See points 2,3,4,5 and 7 of the well written post that started this thread.)

Who's "convinced" the ET is second rate to the US tour? Well ... it's not us armchair critics either tour cares about, it's the professionals that play. And they already convinced Europe's best as evidenced by participation.

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:55 pm

Be interesting to see how many American correspondents referred to it as an "exhibition" event if America won it once in a while.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:35 pm

I'm rather hoping Kaymer, Willett and (far more incredible) Westwood sweep the 2016 Majors.

Shotrock and Mac apparently not understanding the point of the original post.

Anyway, good that the "second rate" Tour still beats the BIG/BEST Tour every two years, even if it is just a friendly.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:50 pm

Every two years? Check your facts. Records for this exhibition all over the internet.

(OK, the trend line not looking good for the US Tour ... Very Happy)

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:40 pm

Kwini

I may have missed your point, would you be willing to try explaining it to me again?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:50 pm

I think my Note 8). above says it all, not to mention comments by others which are more succinct than mine. Not going to repeat.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:57 pm

In which I clearly get your point and have directly countered the idea that just because he played on the European tour at a time of decline does not mean he owes it anything now.

I suggest you have missed my point if you again fail to explain exactly why he should play on the Euro Tour now and why he should show "loyalty"?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:07 pm

How come all the loyalty Rory has shown to Ireland hasn't been cheered on by very many?

Hmmmm .... That's not a point "Shotrock missed"!

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:36 pm

What do you mean "loyalty"?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:47 pm

Mac,
No-one has said he owes the ET anything ffs.
Just don't moan about the rules.
In 2012 he was nowhere near good enough for the Europe Team, not much better two years later - why wasn't he bellyaching then?
All everyone is saying, get on with it and don't p1ss and moan about ET rules.

As for Sr's irrelevance, no-one has complained about Casey's loyalties.

And I couldn't care less about Rory's allegiances; it's a very difficult subject in every sport in N.I. and the Republic, just a shame everything has to be so ambiguous. Pity he's not a Rugby player then there wouldn't be any issue.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:50 pm

If this comment was meant for me Super ... Look for the Irish tricolour to be flying high at gold medal time in Rio!

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next