The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22

Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 22 Empty The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by President Trump on Tue 10 Nov - 10:23

First topic message reminder :

I watch two films over the last few days

Seventh Son: Absolute tosh, it felt like a bad D&D film from SyFy

The Wedding Ringer: It was a fun movie, predictable but fun, "Who the hell are these guys, it's like the Goonies grew up and became r@pists" Laugh

President Trump

Back to top Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 22 Empty Re: The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by TheRealDeal on Fri 21 Sep - 16:42

From Vincent with love.

Was ok. Too commercial.

TheRealDeal

Back to top Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 22 Empty Re: The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by TheRealDeal on Wed 26 Sep - 19:20

TheRealDeal wrote:From Vincent with love.

Was ok. Too commercial.

Actually the last filn I watched was Shogun.
Insightful.

TheRealDeal

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest on Mon 24 Dec - 19:45

Aquaman.

Decent enough

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila on Thu 9 May - 0:01

Avengers, Endgame.

I'm a super hero movie fan but I didn't think this was as great as many of my friends think it is. Watchable yes, but I wouldn't go out of my way to see it again.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly on Thu 9 May - 11:13

You're outgrowing them. Thank God. A few more hundred million of you to go and we should successfully end this cinematic age of the endless superhero stuff.

How many superheroes does it take anyway to get a job done? They ain't what they used to be when superman could do it all on his own.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Just John on Sat 11 May - 9:11

SecretFly wrote:You're outgrowing them.  Thank God.  A few more hundred million of you to go and we should successfully end this cinematic age of the endless superhero stuff.

clap

Can’t stand them. Single handily killed the industry for me. Z rate actors making millions off this green screen garbage disgusts me. Bring back the 80’s or 90’s films, proper actors, original storylines, and no ******* CGI.

Just John

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila on Sat 11 May - 16:08

SecretFly wrote:You're outgrowing them.  Thank God.  A few more hundred million of you to go and we should successfully end this cinematic age of the endless superhero stuff.  

How many superheroes does it take anyway to get a job done?  They ain't what they used to be when superman could do it all on his own.
Bad news for you, they're going to continue making these type of movies for a good while yet.

I haven't been crazy about these super hero movies for a while now because the storylines haven't been all that great, but they're harmless fun for those that enjoy them.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo on Thu 17 Oct - 17:15

Joker.

Simply incredible. An awesome character study that could easily be a stand alone film without the attachment to the Batman lore. Words cant justify it. Dark, depressing, enlightening, terrifying, enthralling. It holds a mirror up to the audience and makes sure you dont like what you see. Phoenix has to be a shoo-in for a best actor nomination, and I wouldnt be surprised to see it nominated for best picture and best director aswell.

Do yourself a favour and see this film. Truly a piece of art which wrecks your emotions.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by rick_dagless on Fri 18 Oct - 6:44

Joker

I thought I was an average film/story very well acted, pure Oscar bait, but very little remarkable about the story. Has nothing to do with the comics so came across as quite cynical move by Warner Brothers to grab some awards away from the failing DCEU. Can't knock Phoenix's acting however.

Go watch it if you enjoy dark films, don't watch it if you don't

rick_dagless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Fri 18 Oct - 10:07

I enjoyed it in an odd way, it was gripping and somewhat difficult to watch. I didn’t read any reviews, so expected something more “comic” - probably why I enjoyed it. But then I don’t like comic books and have only really enjoyed the Batman films (the Nolan ones that Galted and I like). 

Quite like that the director has come out since and said it doesn’t define as being part of the overall story as this could be one of Joker’s many lies, even I know that it didn’t fit.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly on Fri 18 Oct - 10:35

The problem with the Joker always for me, in the context of the 'Universe' he inhabits, i.e., Batman and the other lunatics of Gotham, is that his darkness/evil/madness is always viewed and portrayed as much more 'interesting' than Batman's own demons.
I mostly always tired of the Joker in the movies.  He takes up so much time on screen that all you're left with is a few caped swooshes from Batman himself for the 'James Bond' moments.
All the Joker is is a psychopath.... a caricature version.  He looks like one, you'd never become his drinking buddy, he talks like one.  He's a visualised concoction of all evils, from creepy sidewalk slimeball, to outright serial killer, to sexual sadist fetishist.  Now every guy on death row always had reasons and stories to tell but Death Row is where society tells them that they don't care why they became the people they are.

Batman, if truly given the same minute attention as the writers and directors like to give the Joker, is a much more interesting psychological conundrum.  Because here's the guy with the Real costume, and it isn't the cape and the ears, but the suit and the tie.  Here's the real dangerous persona, because the suit is a front for the same taste in sadism, violence and power...but he doesn't go to jail.
We know many many many people in our lives who wear suits, have power and never go to jail, people that we suspect ain't what they seem, that have their psychotic motivations lurking under the bonnet.
Keaton's quiet, brooding beast came closest in my opinion to a true attempt at portraying Batman as most textured lunatic in Gotham...but of course it was also ruined by way way too much screen time given to...... the joke that was Nicholson's Joker.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted on Fri 18 Oct - 11:17

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I enjoyed it in an odd way, it was gripping and somewhat difficult to watch. I didn’t read any reviews, so expected something more “comic” - probably why I enjoyed it. But then I don’t like comic books and have only really enjoyed the Batman films (the Nolan ones that Galted and I like). 

Quite like that the director has come out since and said it doesn’t define as being part of the overall story as this could be one of Joker’s many lies, even I know that it didn’t fit.

You'll be hearing from my solicitors.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem on Mon 21 Oct - 8:12

rick_dagless wrote:Joker

I thought I was an average film/story very well acted, pure Oscar bait, but very little remarkable about the story.  Has nothing to do with the comics so came across as quite cynical move by Warner Brothers to grab some awards away from the failing DCEU.  Can't knock Phoenix's acting however.

It was an ok film that is getting attention because of the association with the Joker and by extension the Heath Ledger version of the character. The film itself was somewhat predictable and despite Phoenix's brilliant portrayal it seemed to be lacking in something, once you pick away the Taxi Driver bits, the King of Comedy bits and everything else stolen from Scorcese there's very little depth aside from a twisted homage to MS.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by rick_dagless on Tue 22 Oct - 6:42

Soul Requiem wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:Joker

I thought I was an average film/story very well acted, pure Oscar bait, but very little remarkable about the story.  Has nothing to do with the comics so came across as quite cynical move by Warner Brothers to grab some awards away from the failing DCEU.  Can't knock Phoenix's acting however.

It was an ok film that is getting attention because of the association with the Joker and by extension the Heath Ledger version of the character. The film itself was somewhat predictable and despite Phoenix's brilliant portrayal it seemed to be lacking in something, once you pick away the Taxi Driver bits, the King of Comedy bits and everything else stolen from Scorcese there's very little depth aside from a twisted homage to MS.

Agreed

rick_dagless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum