The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

+56
gazzyD
MrPoncho
RiscaGame
alfie
Scott is Back
Preacher
dyrewolfe
Mr Tom
Tattie Scones RRN
nadeem2099
hornbloweroafc
lostinwales
Geordie
hampo17
Y I Man
Adam D
SecretFly
bluestonevedder
profitius
lfc91
Holymiky
ShahenshahG
kingraf
The Beast
Alistair
TRUSSMAN66
Atila
Luke
GSC
JDizzle
Breadvan
Ent
dummy_half
Azzy
wisden
seanmichaels
mikey_dragon
Galted
Dolphin Ziggler
guildfordbat
rIck_dAgless
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Steffan
Bull
Mr Bounce
superflyweight
Mind the windows Tino.
compelling and rich
westisbest
Rowley
Derbymanc
Mad for Chelsea
Hero
Hammersmith harrier
Stella
President Trump
60 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 7 Empty The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by President Trump Tue 10 Nov 2015, 10:23 am

First topic message reminder :

I watch two films over the last few days

Seventh Son: Absolute tosh, it felt like a bad D&D film from SyFy

The Wedding Ringer: It was a fun movie, predictable but fun, "Who the hell are these guys, it's like the Goonies grew up and became r@pists" Laugh

President Trump

Back to top Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 7 Empty Re: The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 16 Mar 2016, 3:34 pm

Watched Insurgent, the latest part of the Divergent series. And, much as expected, this is "the difficult third album". You could guess the plot before you'd even sat down in the cinema, who was going to buy the farm and when,
If you actually care it's...:
and who was going to turn out to be a bad guy. It's full of effects and stunts as you'd expect from this kind of film, but unless you've seen the other 2 films, it will make little sense at all.

I am going to watch the final episode because I'm a bit OCD and want to see how it finishes, but I think I have already figured it out anyway. 5/10

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 7 Empty Re: The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by Atila Thu 17 Mar 2016, 4:03 am

Finally saw Legend, the Kray film.

If Ronnie Kray was as loopy as Tom Hardy played him then I'm surprised that the gang or "Firm" lasted as long as they did.

Ronnie shooting someone in the head in a pub with people sitting there having drinks and Reggie stabbing a man to death at a party in front of witnesses wasn't exactly the cleverest things they could have done.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 17 Mar 2016, 7:46 pm

San Andreas

Average at best

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Mar 2016, 12:50 pm

westisbest wrote:San Andreas

Average at best
Agreed however the actress who played Dwayne Johnson's daughter had an incredible bosom

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 18 Mar 2016, 1:32 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

Average at best
Agreed however the actress who played Dwayne Johnson's daughter had an incredible bosom

Alexandra Daddio, or something like that. She's hot alright.

She is also starring with The Rock again in Baywath.

Maybe a good reason to watch it.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 18 Mar 2016, 1:49 pm

Watched Spooks - the Greater Good.

Film adaptation from the very good TV show. Fairly generic plot about stopping a planned terrorist attack, with the terrorists having inside help. Not bad, some nice twists, but a bit too action-centred at times, and ultimately doesn't live up to the TV series IMO. Felt a bit padded out at times too.

6/10

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Mar 2016, 2:49 pm

westisbest wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Average at best

Alexandra Daddio, or something like that. She's hot alright.

She is also starring with The Rock again in Baywath.

Maybe a good reason to watch it.
Certainly think of two good reasons...more if Zac Efron is punched in the face!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Mar 2016, 7:43 pm

Went to see 10 Cloverfield Lane on Friday, was a bit apprehensive going in having not really been a fan of the first one but thought this was quite enjoyable. Found it built tension quite well and john goodman was really good in it 3/5

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 22 Mar 2016, 9:44 pm

Is that actually a sequel to the monster movie 'Cloverfield' then? That was a terrible movie!

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Mar 2016, 10:05 am

Deadpool... cant say I'm familiar with character but absolutely loved the movie.

Legend... another one I really enjoyed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Mar 2016, 3:33 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Is that actually a sequel to the monster movie 'Cloverfield' then? That was a terrible movie!

I think there was talk of it being part of a cloverfield franchise, but its not a sequel. Its wayyyyyyyy better than Cloverfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Sat 26 Mar 2016, 10:15 pm

Batman v Superman, Dawn of Justice.

Not too bad but it's not a film that I'd go to the cinema to see again. I did see the latest Star Wars twice at the cinema and the second time I enjoyed it just as much as the first time. However, Batman v Superman, I'd watch it again but only when it comes out for rent on DVD or it's on TV.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 27 Mar 2016, 12:45 pm

gazzyD wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Is that actually a sequel to the monster movie 'Cloverfield' then? That was a terrible movie!

I think there was talk of it being part of a cloverfield franchise, but its not a sequel. Its wayyyyyyyy better than Cloverfield

Oh okay. You said you weren't really a fan of the first one, so I got a bit confused trying to ascertain what film you could be referring to.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 27 Mar 2016, 5:37 pm

Atila wrote:Batman v Superman, Dawn of Justice.

Not too bad but it's not a film that I'd go to the cinema to see again. I did see the latest Star Wars twice at the cinema and the second time I enjoyed it just as much as the first time. However, Batman v Superman, I'd watch it again but only when it comes out for rent on DVD or it's on TV.

It's nowhere near as bad as the reviews suggest but the lighting did ruin the film, just made it impossible to see what was happening, the film makers had a weird desire to provoke a sense of moodiness with darkness.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Mar 2016, 5:41 pm

Watched Four Brothers.

It deserves a one word summary "Sh!t"

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun 27 Mar 2016, 10:26 pm

Deadpool. No idea, I was rip snortingly drunk when I watched it. It might have been very good, it might not though, hard to say with much accuracy.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 27 Mar 2016, 11:23 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:Watched Four Brothers.

It deserves a one word summary "Sh!t"

I thought it was really good.

Seen it a few times.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 28 Mar 2016, 11:27 am

Rowley wrote:Deadpool. No idea, I was rip snortingly drunk when I watched it. It might have been very good, it might not though, hard to say with much accuracy.

I have a similar opinion on 2001: A Space Odyssey - have seen it 3 or 4 times but each time as part of a prolonged drinking session.  I have absolutely no recollection of what happens after the apes find the monolith.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 28 Mar 2016, 12:35 pm

Galted wrote:
Rowley wrote:Deadpool. No idea, I was rip snortingly drunk when I watched it. It might have been very good, it might not though, hard to say with much accuracy.

I have a similar opinion on 2001: A Space Odyssey - have seen it 3 or 4 times but each time as part of a prolonged drinking session.  I have absolutely no recollection of what happens after the apes find the monolith.

Plenty who have watched it sober feel much the same.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 28 Mar 2016, 1:40 pm

Rowley wrote:
Galted wrote:

Plenty who have watched it sober feel much the same.

Very good. I don't care how long it takes, I will steer every conversation I can towards 2001 so that I can work in that punchline.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Mar 2016, 4:11 pm

My first experience of the film 2001 was hearing that my Dad, having taken my Mum to the pictures for the first time in years, had walked out of the cinema in disgust. Having tried watching it, I feel my father was right on the money.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 29 Mar 2016, 8:49 pm

Watched Batman vs Superman yesterday and I have to say I found it a great big pile of "meh". It's over-long, takes AGES to get going and it has a really dull, obvious storyline.
There are only 3 things worth watching this film for: Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luther, Jeremy Irons' criminally under-used Alfred and something else I won't mention for spoilers. Affleck is an utterly forgettable Batman, and Henry Cavill's Superman is bland and boring like Superman usually is. I also can't get to grips with Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. She's mysterious, but doesn't exactly get lost in a crowd. And finally there are WAY too many explosions.

Marvel will not be quaking in their expensive boots anytime soon. 5/10. 

*However, the trailer beforehand makes the Suicide Squad look FANTASTIC.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 29 Mar 2016, 10:12 pm

Got to agree bounce, just watched it. Too loud and too long. Also why are so many of these films dark now. I don't mean dark in he sense of evoking a sense of gothic foreboding, I mean dark as in I can't tell what the cocking hell is happening.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Wed 30 Mar 2016, 9:34 am

I have to agree with both of you, I was underwhelmed by BvS, it was like a big expensive trailer for Justice League, I brought my sons to see it and all the random dream sequences confused the hell out of them, it jumped around a lot as well, Alfred was one of the highlights for me.

Kevin Smith gave a good review of it on a radio show

"Remember before when we were talking about Flash, and that it has heart, humor, and spectacle. The movie I felt like didn't really have a heart. It was certainly f****** humorless, there was nothing funny going on in that world whatsoever, but it had lots of spectacle. Like you can't take that away from Snyder. Boy, he knows how to like compose a frame and how to setup a shot. Beautiful visual stylist but you need more than just the pictures, you need like characterization and these characters seemed off character, particularly Superman."

This made me laugh

"Garman: He just wasn't that bright.

Smith: Certainly not the world's greatest detective! More like Bat-Trump.

Garman: He was Bat-Trump. A rich guy with a bad attitude. Who really hated immigrants.

Smith: He hates immigrants in a big bad way!

Garman: I'm gonna build a wall around Krypton, and I'm gonna make them pay for it. I'm going to build a wall around the Hall of Justice, it's what I do. I build walls and they're huge."

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Mar 2016, 1:21 pm

I may boycott Suicide Squad because Will Smith is in it and he's clearly a f*cking hypocrite as he claims Hollywood is racist for not rewarding black actors' performances yet he continues to take whacking great pay cheques to appear in stuff like this knowing full well that these types of movies never appeal to the Oscar people.

F*ck Will Smith, f*ck Will Smith's wife for blindly standing by her man when any woman worth her salt would tell any husband in that position to shut the f*ck up and not jeopardize their future income by talking sh!t and, to show I'm not racist, f*ck any other actor who appears in sh!t films and bleats about not getting nominated instead of learning their craft and being better at what they do.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 30 Mar 2016, 1:41 pm

Are you sleeping on the sofa again Dave?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Mar 2016, 2:25 pm

No I just really don't like Will Smith...haven't even seen that piece of sh!t film he did with his son but the reviews were so poor had anyone taken it upon themselves to assassinate Smith and his son, I would have understood. F*cking vanity project and this c*nt says Hollywood are racist.

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 30 Mar 2016, 3:22 pm

Agree with what your saying dave667 in your first paragraph.

His son just seems like a cocky sh1t. Gets that from the old man.
Took my eldest niece to see the karate kid, he ruined it.

Not seen the film with himself and will and won't waste my time either.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Fri 01 Apr 2016, 7:07 am

Rowley wrote:Got to agree bounce, just watched it. Too loud and too long. Also why are so many of these films dark now. I don't mean dark in he sense of evoking a sense of gothic foreboding, I mean dark as in I can't tell what the cocking hell is happening.
I guess they made it dark because they think it makes the special look effects better? That's the only reason I can think of.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Fri 01 Apr 2016, 7:10 am

DAVE667 wrote:No I just really don't like Will Smith...haven't even seen that piece of sh!t film he did with his son but the reviews were so poor had anyone taken it upon themselves to assassinate Smith and his son, I would have understood. F*cking vanity project and this c*nt says Hollywood are racist.
I think he found his level on Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Nothing he's done since has made me think of him as a serious actor.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 01 Apr 2016, 8:58 am

Not a fan of his films overall.

The Men In Black films, started watching the first one, thought it was rubbish, didnt bother with the others.

Wild Wild West wasnt great.
Thought I Robot was average at best.
Watched some of Focus, wasnt a fan.
Never watched Independence Day

Only ones i have enjoyed are Bad Boys 1&2 and I Am Legend.

His new film Concussion might be good.

More of a fan of the Fresh Prince
and
his music.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Apr 2016, 12:10 pm

Would rather watch a film with Carlton in it..although having seen him on "I'm a Celebrity..." he's also a whiny sh!tbag so no, the whole lot of them can f*ck off except Geoffrey the butler

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 01 Apr 2016, 7:29 pm

All the Will hatred pleases me.  Smith might not be quite the c*nt-trumpet that Ferrell is but he is a tremendous cavity nonetheless.  At least his half-wit son provides some worthwhile entertainment by regularly embarrassing himself when he posts what he assumes are thoughts on the internet.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Sat 02 Apr 2016, 12:01 am

I don't hate Will Smith, just don't think that he's that good of an actor, or been in any particularly good films, apart from Independence Day, which I enjoyed because it was sci-fi, rather than for the quality of the actors or acting in it.

Now Halle Berry is an actress I really don't care for. How she won an Oscar is a mystery to me.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Sat 02 Apr 2016, 4:34 pm

Creed.

I won't be going out of my way to see any more of the Rocky series.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 06 Apr 2016, 11:27 pm

Monday's film was Eddie The Eagle. It was a very "British" film, amusing, heartwarming, not necessarily historically accurate, but good nevertheless. Taron Egerton is growing into a very good young actor and he's certainly not afraid of choosing diverse roles. We'll certainly be seeing more of him.

It's not likely to trouble the Academy Awards, but it's well worth a couple of hours' of your time. 7/10

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 06 Apr 2016, 11:45 pm

Dawn of Justice, I thought it was great, as good as Avengers Assemble. I had previously read the critque's of the movie and couldn't agree with the majority of them, in fact the film I thought they rang true for was Man of Steel - in particular the "it was all over the place." DOJ with its interesting Batman origin story and superior acting was a huge step up from MOS. Affleck was a great Wayne/Batman, I like his co-operation with Irons' version of Alfred. After Nolan's Batman trilogy it's actually quite refreshing to see an old school Batman, and one that isn't afraid to kill people. I'm not so sure on how Justice League will go, or if it will do well - it's all a bit rushed.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Apr 2016, 5:36 pm

Mr Bounce wrote:Monday's film was Eddie The Eagle. It was a very "British" film, amusing, heartwarming, not necessarily historically accurate, but good nevertheless. Taron Egerton is growing into a very good young actor and he's certainly not afraid of choosing diverse roles. We'll certainly be seeing more of him.

It's not likely to trouble the Academy Awards, but it's well worth a couple of hours' of your time. 7/10
Why, are there black people in it?

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 07 Apr 2016, 5:58 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Mr Bounce wrote:Monday's film was Eddie The Eagle. It was a very "British" film, amusing, heartwarming, not necessarily historically accurate, but good nevertheless. Taron Egerton is growing into a very good young actor and he's certainly not afraid of choosing diverse roles. We'll certainly be seeing more of him.

laughing Let it go Dave. Let it go.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Apr 2016, 6:05 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

laughing Let it go Dave. Let it go.
There's no black people in "Frozen" either although I think the female troll who sings "Fixer Upper"sounds like, if they'd given her a human form, she look like the old black woman from the Tom and Jerry cartoons

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 07 Apr 2016, 6:07 pm

I always thought she was white wearing brown tights

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 13 Apr 2016, 9:19 pm

Saw Hardcore Henry earlier this week. When I saw the trailer I thought it had real potential. It's filmed from Henry's point of view - he's been revived from the dead with no memory and has been turned into some sort of cyborg soldier.

Unfortunately, it does not live up to its promise. It's an ideal film for a 17-year old gamer boy. There is a vast amount of blood and gore (mostly unnecessarily so), stupidly over-done stunts and a barely intelligible plot. The effects are fantastic, though & Sharlto Copley's great as Henry's "helper". The fact that it's filmed from Henry's point of view can give an element of motion sickness and it actually gets rather boring.

If you're into your shoot-em-up games & gore, then it will suit. If not, i wouldn't bother. 4/10

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 18 Apr 2016, 11:00 pm

Watching "now you see me" which was on film four last night. So far, I am really enjoying it but I'm only a hour in and have had a few bevvies. The fact that Isla fisher is in it also makes it better.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Tue 19 Apr 2016, 9:40 am

What did you think of it Adam?

I saw Midnight Special the other night (despite the misleading and slightly raunchy sounding name, I assure you it is a mainstream Hollywood film).

Very mixed reviews from the people I went with. I enjoyed the storyline, even if barely any questions get answered. The cinematography and soundtrack are stunning. 6 or 7/10 for me.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 24 Apr 2016, 12:14 pm

bluestonevedder wrote:What did you think of it Adam?

I saw Midnight Special the other night (despite the misleading and slightly raunchy sounding name, I assure you it is a mainstream Hollywood film).

Very mixed reviews from the people I went with. I enjoyed the storyline, even if barely any questions get answered. The cinematography and soundtrack are stunning. 6 or 7/10 for me.
I wanted to like it so bad but it wasn't great in the end. Nice visually but very little substance in the end. 

I would watch a sequel (which is being made without Isla) but would wait for it in tv!

I watched Jurassic world last night which I enjoyed more than the original trilogy.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 24 Apr 2016, 3:28 pm

Watched Tom Hardy's Mad Max last night for a first time.... and by the end, the only thing I could think of was that rhyme The Grand Old Duke of York:  

"He marched them up to the top of the hill,
And he marched them down again."

All the cast, crew and stuntmen first rush one way for half the movie, then rush back the other way for the other half...then credits.  Weird use of loadsa money.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sun 24 Apr 2016, 3:41 pm

Adam D wrote:
I wanted to like it so bad but it wasn't great in the end. Nice visually but very little substance in the end. 

I would watch a sequel (which is being made without Isla) but would wait for it in tv!

That's quite a tactful and accurate way of putting it.  I thought there was a lot of substance in the end but it was the sort of substance with which you fill a toilet bowl.  I get really sick of the trend that the film is just a set-up for the stupid twist which belies everything that's gone before.  Sixth Sense and Now You See Me are amongst the worst culprits.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 24 Apr 2016, 5:50 pm

I watched "Bad Words" the other night which I thought was excellent (newish release on sky movies). 

It's about a 40 year old (Jason Bateman) who enters a national spelling bee competition. Darkly funny and very good stuff.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 24 Apr 2016, 5:56 pm

Don't!!!!

Don't mention spelling and grammar hereon 606! We're all allergic to it!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sun 24 Apr 2016, 6:05 pm

SecretFly wrote:Don't!!!!

Don't mention spelling and grammar hereon 606!  We're all allergic to it!

Except for me. My spelling and grammar are staggeringly good.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next