The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blues vs Scarlets

+6
Seagultaf
mikey_dragon
VinceWLB
Cardiff Dave
glamorganalun
wales606
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Blues vs Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Blues vs Scarlets

Post by wales606 Fri 1 Jan 2016 - 17:11

First topic message reminder :

Two awful mistakes from the Blues gift the Scarlets the first try of the match

3 - 7
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Blues vs Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Blues vs Scarlets

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 2 Jan 2016 - 18:16

LordDowlais wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Starting to dislike Tom James as a player (not that he cares) who once again was acting like a muppet after today's game. The funny thing is that he's not even that good a player. He was dropped from Wales, dropped from Cardiff and after playing a few games for Exeter got dropped there as well. He also gave an intercept try today so to act like that at the final whistle tells me he has a very short memory.

Merthyr boy mun. Lord Dowlais'll ave ewe.
What did he actually do after the final whistle btw?

He's not from Merthyr, he is from Rhumney, about 5 miles away from Merthyr in the Gwent valleys. Although he did play for Merthyr and we used to call him the Merthyr Express, he has always had an attitude problem and he is not missed at Merthyr RFC either. A total tw@t of a person and he only has himself to blame for not getting anymore Welsh caps.

So he's a MOG then and by the sound of it, you could tell a few tales about Tom.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 2 Jan 2016 - 18:33

offload wrote:Another close fought, exciting derby full of p**s poor rugby.  Mistake after mistake from both sides and awful decision making.  Still, let's stick our heads in the sand and get off on the "atmosphere".

PS: Tom James needs a slap from his captain, what a t0sser.

Who has their head in the sand? And mistakes happen all the time which often adds to the excitement. Can't always have champagne rugby.
I'm sure Wilson will have a word with Tom. Maybe.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 2 Jan 2016 - 18:58

Cardiff Dave wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Starting to dislike Tom James as a player (not that he cares) who once again was acting like a muppet after today's game. The funny thing is that he's not even that good a player. He was dropped from Wales, dropped from Cardiff and after playing a few games for Exeter got dropped there as well. He also gave an intercept try today so to act like that at the final whistle tells me he has a very short memory.

He's not from Merthyr, he is from Rhumney, about 5 miles away from Merthyr in the Gwent valleys. Although he did play for Merthyr and we used to call him the Merthyr Express, he has always had an attitude problem and he is not missed at Merthyr RFC either. A total tw@t of a person and he only has himself to blame for not getting anymore Welsh caps.

So he's a MOG then and by the sound of it, you could tell a few tales about Tom.

Not sure about being a MOG. Caerphilly County Borough seems to be a bit of a regional no mans land in rugby terms. Caerphilly has been part of former Gwent (in terms of local government) but also part of wider Cardiff/Vale of Glam at times too. He might be a Blues boy after all!

What happened to Caerphilly RFC in the regional shakeup??? Were they meant to be in with someone?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 2 Jan 2016 - 19:05

Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Not sure about being a MOG. Caerphilly County Borough seems to be a bit of a regional no mans land in rugby terms. Caerphilly has been part of former Gwent (in terms of local government) but also part of wider Cardiff/Vale of Glam at times too. He might be a Blues boy after all!

What happened to Caerphilly RFC in the regional shakeup??? Were they meant to be in with someone?

Your lot have Caerphilly I believe.
BTW, there's a bit of a Newport/Not Newport thing going on at the mo on tw@tter. Robin Davey and the Fail bloke plus others involved.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 2 Jan 2016 - 19:19

Griff wrote:

Caerphilly RFC are officially MOGsters.....

http://www.newportgwentdragons.com/ClubDirectory/Index/13

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 2 Jan 2016 - 19:35

Hmmm. But what about at the start of regional rugby? Newport and Ebbw Vale had their well documented spats but I don't remember Caerphilly chipping in a few quid to come in 3 ways. Did they just meekly accept their fate and walk away (from the pro rugby 'partnership')?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 2 Jan 2016 - 19:43

Griff wrote:Hmmm. But what about at the start of regional rugby? Newport and Ebbw Vale had their well documented spats but I don't remember Caerphilly chipping in a few quid to come in 3 ways. Did they just meekly accept their fate and walk away (from the pro rugby 'partnership')?

IIRC they just accepted the bleeding obvious.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 2 Jan 2016 - 20:22

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Griff wrote:Hmmm. But what about at the start of regional rugby? Newport and Ebbw Vale had their well documented spats but I don't remember Caerphilly chipping in a few quid to come in 3 ways. Did they just meekly accept their fate and walk away (from the pro rugby 'partnership')?

What, that we can't afford to run a professional 12 team league so we need to condense down to 4 or 5 teams?

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sat 2 Jan 2016 - 20:23

Every thread. . .

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 2 Jan 2016 - 20:27

Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

What, that we can't afford to run a professional 12 team league so we need to condense down to 4 or 5 teams?

As far as I know, Caerphilly were unable to put anything on the table so bowed out.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat 2 Jan 2016 - 20:33

Have to say, that was an excellent advert for regional rugby and the perfect antidote to the gash that was served up by our lot at the Library.

Tom James is in fine form and for me starts for Wales in the 6n.

The Blues must be kicking themselves for letting Patchell go. I wonder if Mr Gatland had any say in ensuring Anscombe is seen as the starting 10.

Also think Rob Evans and Samson Lee did well - they would be my starting props.

Also good to see a full house at CAP!

Oh, and Caerphilly is, I believe, Dragons territory. And I hope we bloody start forging close links with Penalta - given that we train 100 yards from their clubhouse and they have produced Jack Dixon, Jack Condy, Arwel Robson (currently playing at Newport), Joseph Scrivens (currently playing at Bridgend) and more. They are the model junior club and every region should have one!

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 2 Jan 2016 - 21:28

GavinDragon wrote:Have to say, that was an excellent advert for regional rugby and the perfect antidote to the gash that was served up by our lot at the Library.

Tom James is in fine form and for me starts for Wales in the 6n.

The Blues must be kicking themselves for letting Patchell go. I wonder if Mr Gatland had any say in ensuring Anscombe is seen as the starting 10.

Also think Rob Evans and Samson Lee did well - they would be my starting props.

Also good to see a full house at CAP!

Oh, and Caerphilly is, I believe, Dragons territory. And I hope we bloody start forging close links with Penalta - given that we train 100 yards from their clubhouse and they have produced Jack Dixon, Jack Condy, Arwel Robson (currently playing at Newport), Joseph Scrivens (currently playing at Bridgend) and more. They are the model junior club and every region should have one!

Puzzling and annoying. I don't get it. Thought he was to be the new Nicky who could also kick straight.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2