The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 ball betterball handicap allowance

+2
George1507
Humpyd
6 posters

Go down

4 ball betterball handicap allowance Empty 4 ball betterball handicap allowance

Post by Humpyd Mon 4 Jan - 13:05

Learnt yesterday that the handicap allowance for this form of golf changed for 3/4 to 0.9 wef 1st January 2016.

I was hoping the CONGU website would provide me with a handy table to show me what each player receives (couldn't find one) but found that the actual rule is as follows:-

Four-Ball-Better Ball Handicap Allowance: Increased from 75% to 90% for both stroke play and match play. (In stroke play each partner will receive 90% of their full handicap, and in match play the back marker now concedes strokes to the other 3 players based on 90% of the difference between the full handicaps)

It may just be me but I don't think this is the best worded rule; when they say 'back marker' I take it they mean the person with the lowest handicap and strokes are taken from them at a rate of 0.9 rather than 0.75 as before? To me back marker would be the person with the highest handicap.

Humpyd

Back to top Go down

4 ball betterball handicap allowance Empty Re: 4 ball betterball handicap allowance

Post by George1507 Mon 4 Jan - 13:21

Yes, back marker means 'player with lowest handicap'.

90% should be fairly easy to work out.

George1507

Back to top Go down

4 ball betterball handicap allowance Empty Re: 4 ball betterball handicap allowance

Post by Humpyd Mon 4 Jan - 13:29

Thanks for clarifying that George. I did try and look for a definition under the CONGU website but couldn't.

I agree 0.9 is fairly easy to work out but I always find a table useful especially as my brain doesn't wake up if I'm playing early!!

Humpyd

Back to top Go down

Post by George1507 Mon 4 Jan - 14:27

There are a lot of winter league type competitions going on at the moment which started in 2015, and will conclude around Easter 2016.

Committees all over are wrestling with the problem of whether to complete the competition with ¾ difference, or revert to 90% now.

George1507

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Mon 4 Jan - 15:59

George1507 wrote:There are a lot of winter league type competitions going on at the moment which started in 2015, and will conclude around Easter 2016.

Committees all over are wrestling with the problem of whether to complete the competition with ¾ difference, or revert to 90% now.
We're staying at 3/4's till the end but most single figure h'cappers won't be bothering next year...
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon 4 Jan - 15:59

Surely any matches played after 1st January have to comply to the new ruling - regardless of whether the contest started pre-1st January?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 4 Jan - 16:08

surely. I hate to think what will happen if they aren't.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 4 Jan - 17:31

Not something that ever bothers me really . I can't remember last time I played a handicap counting game of matchplay.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon 4 Jan - 20:02

Why is that Super?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 4 Jan - 20:11

Just doesn't interest me Davie. everyone I play with is within a few strokes, so we just play off bare feet.

I've played club matches before for the handicap team, but I just found it very boring. Just as I would if I was playing football, tennis, snooker etc with a handicap allowance on it.

Mind you, I've given up playing for the scratch team too, I also find that annoying.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Tue 5 Jan - 9:07

super_realist wrote:Just doesn't interest me Davie. everyone I play with is within a few strokes, so we just play off bare feet.

I've played club matches before for the handicap team, but I just found it very boring. Just as I would if I was playing football, tennis, snooker etc with a handicap allowance on it.

Mind you, I've given up playing for the scratch team too, I also find that annoying.
And you say you're not made to feel welcome in the club house? I find that hard to believe Headscratch
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 5 Jan - 9:11

There's very little of that competition played there.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down