Quality game on 22 minutes gone 3 - 7 Osp Lein

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Quality game on 22 minutes gone 3 - 7 Osp Lein

Post by kingelderfield on Fri 08 Jan 2016, 8:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

20 odd minutes of fantastic compelling rugby. High skill levels, real bite and physicality in very wet conditions.

Great try to boot!

Plus obviously Biggar versus Sexton

kingelderfield

Posts : 1407
Join date : 2011-08-27

Back to top Go down


Re: Quality game on 22 minutes gone 3 - 7 Osp Lein

Post by TJ on Mon 11 Jan 2016, 6:20 pm

And another thread gets totally wrecked by trolls and people making wild accusations  Mods - unless this is dealt with you will have no forum left.  racist accusation, wild allegations.  Behaviour that would get you banned from any pub is tolerated here.  This is the dying throes of this forum and its a real shame.

some of you should be ashamed of yourselves

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS

TJ

Posts : 6244
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Quality game on 22 minutes gone 3 - 7 Osp Lein

Post by mikey_dragon on Mon 11 Jan 2016, 6:28 pm

^^^ I don't believe I've seen much/any of that to be honest? Although it did get a little bit heavy at times it seems to have calmed down now. I think outside of the more 'heated debate' that rugby fans have made some good points.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 4944
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Quality game on 22 minutes gone 3 - 7 Osp Lein

Post by eirebilly on Mon 11 Jan 2016, 6:32 pm

The wolf pack mentality is what is killing this forum, there are certain posters (who can be abrasive but have excellent points) who make a single post and get hounded. That's what is bad on this forum.

eirebilly

Posts : 20240
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 46
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: Quality game on 22 minutes gone 3 - 7 Osp Lein

Post by Stone Motif on Mon 11 Jan 2016, 6:35 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote: whereas the Welsh will look for any excuse not to support a region.

Oh so we are onto this now are we. Still finding it hard to get down off your high horse ?

The thing is, we cannot be @rsed to go and watch an Irish side because they play so much negative rugby. Sort that out then you can have a poke at us. Rolling Eyes
I bring it up because Cardiff and the Spreys should have double the fan base they have now and if they did the league would be much more attractive to sponsors and tv. Even the Scarlets should be easily getting 10k a game, great club. I just don't get why the rugby mad welsh won't get behind the regions but will happily support two football clubs who barely have a welsh player between them.

Jesus O'Christ.

Firstly, go and have a look at the populations of Swansea Cardiff and Llanelli compared to say, I dunno, Dublin.

Then try and have a think about why even 2000 extra followers ears diddly squat in yes of keeping up with our competitors. The combined population of the Celtic nations is tiny. That is why it's not attractive to TV sponsors.

Thirdly, the 'rugby mad' Welsh only suffer that particular insanity every February whilst the six nations is on and they're back on the sherbert post Christmas. By far and away, football is the main sport in Wales, both in participation and viewing interest.

Stone Motif

Posts : 1886
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: Quality game on 22 minutes gone 3 - 7 Osp Lein

Post by Rory_Gallagher on Mon 11 Jan 2016, 6:44 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Generalisations again? Tidy.

The Welsh as you put it all support regions on here (on the whole), so 'The Welsh' is not a good choice of words as you are preaching to the converted on here mostly.

Much like when people say cheat chants only happen in one country (or similar). Why not just say something simple like I disagree with the cheat chants I heard in such and such game, without the added nonsense? Then the sensitive souls like me could just say, yes I dislike them too.


You're welcome.

Because I've only heard the chants from the Welsh crowds in the Pro 12 this season? What do you want me to do, pretend we're all guilty of it even if that isn't the case? The games where the chants were heard had the same common denominator. It is unfortunate but hopefully it will cease soon enough. Although some have already tried to justify it already through the state of the league or blaming Irish rugby tactics... Laugh

You couldn't make it up.

Rory_Gallagher

Posts : 9892
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 24
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Quality game on 22 minutes gone 3 - 7 Osp Lein

Post by TJ on Mon 11 Jan 2016, 6:52 pm

eirebilly wrote:The wolf pack mentality is what is killing this forum, there are certain posters (who can be abrasive but have excellent points) who make a single post and get hounded. That's what is bad on this forum.

Nope - its the trolls. Chunky Norwich and his ilk. As result of their behaviour I no longer join in any debates or even look at most of the threads as soon he and his like will derail it with their usual dull trolling. I am not alone in this and I know quite a few valued posters have left because of the trolls antics. I only stay because I enjoy the Scottish threads which are a troll free zone. Everything else pretty well has been ruined by a couple of racist idiots


TJ

Posts : 6244
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Quality game on 22 minutes gone 3 - 7 Osp Lein

Post by mikey_dragon on Mon 11 Jan 2016, 7:01 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:Generalisations again? Tidy.

The Welsh as you put it all support regions on here (on the whole), so 'The Welsh' is not a good choice of words as you are preaching to the converted on here mostly.

Much like when people say cheat chants only happen in one country (or similar). Why not just say something simple like I disagree with the cheat chants I heard in such and such game, without the added nonsense? Then the sensitive souls like me could just say, yes I dislike them too.


You're welcome.

Because I've only heard the chants from the Welsh crowds in the Pro 12 this season? What do you want me to do, pretend we're all guilty of it even if that isn't the case? The games where the chants were heard had the same common denominator. It is unfortunate but hopefully it will cease soon enough. Although some have already tried to justify it already through the state of the league or blaming Irish rugby tactics... Laugh

You couldn't make it up.

Well watch more rugby then. BTW would it be inconvenient or irrelevant to bring up the treatment Dan Biggar received for being taken out in the air against Scotland? I often think nationality has something to do with it as I don't see the players and fans of other nations getting such houndings on the web.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 4944
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Quality game on 22 minutes gone 3 - 7 Osp Lein

Post by Rory_Gallagher on Mon 11 Jan 2016, 7:14 pm

I honestly was not saying it to have a pop at the welsh (I love Wales and the people in it). My original statement was that these "fans" chanting cheat at the referee isn't good at all. I cannot see what is wrong with saying this.

Rory_Gallagher

Posts : 9892
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 24
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Quality game on 22 minutes gone 3 - 7 Osp Lein

Post by eirebilly on Mon 11 Jan 2016, 7:17 pm

TJ wrote:
eirebilly wrote:The wolf pack mentality is what is killing this forum, there are certain posters (who can be abrasive but have excellent points) who make a single post and get hounded. That's what is bad on this forum.

Nope - its the trolls.  Chunky Norwich and his ilk.  As result of their behaviour I no longer join in any debates or even look at most of the threads as soon he and his like will derail it with their usual dull trolling.  I am not alone in this and I know quite a few valued posters have left because of the trolls antics.  I only stay because I enjoy the Scottish threads which are a troll free zone.  Everything else pretty well has been ruined by a couple of racist idiots


As an Irishman, I find some of Chunky's comments to be a bit unbearable but he honestly does make some excellent points. I actually like reading what he has to say because some of his insights are thought provoking.

eirebilly

Posts : 20240
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 46
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: Quality game on 22 minutes gone 3 - 7 Osp Lein

Post by Chunky Norwich on Mon 11 Jan 2016, 7:28 pm

eirebilly wrote:

As an Irishman, I find some of Chunky's comments to be a bit unbearable but he honestly does make some excellent points. I actually like reading what he has to say because some of his insights are thought provoking.

Thanks.

Chunky Norwich

Posts : 4409
Join date : 2011-12-08
Location : Location: Location:

Back to top Go down

Re: Quality game on 22 minutes gone 3 - 7 Osp Lein

Post by mikey_dragon on Mon 11 Jan 2016, 7:29 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:I honestly was not saying it to have a pop at the welsh (I love Wales and the people in it). My original statement was that these "fans" chanting cheat at the referee isn't good at all. I cannot see what is wrong with saying this.

Thanks.

It must have been your previous statements, along with the fact that your posts make us feel that you're convinced the bad eggs are coming from one nation - that strictly isn't true. The Irish on all of the 606 forums have always had a habit of repeating this, although it has calmed down a lot since those old days, thankfully.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 4944
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Quality game on 22 minutes gone 3 - 7 Osp Lein

Post by eirebilly on Mon 11 Jan 2016, 7:35 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
eirebilly wrote:

As an Irishman, I find some of Chunky's comments to be a bit unbearable but he honestly does make some excellent points. I actually like reading what he has to say because some of his insights are thought provoking.

Thanks.

Don't get me wrong Chunky, you are a b0llix and you know you are but I do appreciate a different perspective view on things and that you surely bring. I am humble enough to say that I have actually learnt a few things from your posts thumbsup

eirebilly

Posts : 20240
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 46
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: Quality game on 22 minutes gone 3 - 7 Osp Lein

Post by TJ on Mon 11 Jan 2016, 8:41 pm

eirebilly wrote:
TJ wrote:
eirebilly wrote:The wolf pack mentality is what is killing this forum, there are certain posters (who can be abrasive but have excellent points) who make a single post and get hounded. That's what is bad on this forum.

Nope - its the trolls.  Chunky Norwich and his ilk.  As result of their behaviour I no longer join in any debates or even look at most of the threads as soon he and his like will derail it with their usual dull trolling.  I am not alone in this and I know quite a few valued posters have left because of the trolls antics.  I only stay because I enjoy the Scottish threads which are a troll free zone.  Everything else pretty well has been ruined by a couple of racist idiots


As an Irishman, I find some of Chunky's comments to be a bit unbearable but he honestly does make some excellent points. I actually like reading what he has to say because some of his insights are thought provoking.

He is a nasty racist troll who has nothing at all to say that is worth hearing. He epitomises what ruins these boards. continual rants designed to derail threads and all of his own paranoid imaginings. I really wish he would be banned. the boards would be better without him

TJ

Posts : 6244
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Quality game on 22 minutes gone 3 - 7 Osp Lein

Post by Stone Motif on Mon 11 Jan 2016, 9:34 pm

TJ wrote:
eirebilly wrote:
TJ wrote:
eirebilly wrote:The wolf pack mentality is what is killing this forum, there are certain posters (who can be abrasive but have excellent points) who make a single post and get hounded. That's what is bad on this forum.

Nope - its the trolls.  Chunky Norwich and his ilk.  As result of their behaviour I no longer join in any debates or even look at most of the threads as soon he and his like will derail it with their usual dull trolling.  I am not alone in this and I know quite a few valued posters have left because of the trolls antics.  I only stay because I enjoy the Scottish threads which are a troll free zone.  Everything else pretty well has been ruined by a couple of racist idiots


As an Irishman, I find some of Chunky's comments to be a bit unbearable but he honestly does make some excellent points. I actually like reading what he has to say because some of his insights are thought provoking.

He is a nasty racist troll who has nothing at all to say that is worth hearing.  He epitomises what ruins these boards.  continual rants designed to derail threads and all of his own paranoid imaginings.  I really wish he would be banned.  the boards would be better without him

And you're a boring hyperbolic hypocritical wen on the 'arris of 606 TJ. I think Chunky is one of the most sensible posters on here, despite the notable disadvantage of being a Turk

Stone Motif

Posts : 1886
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: Quality game on 22 minutes gone 3 - 7 Osp Lein

Post by Guest on Mon 11 Jan 2016, 10:07 pm

I'm surprised that somebody only here for Scottish threads found his way to an Ospreys v Leinster one.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Quality game on 22 minutes gone 3 - 7 Osp Lein

Post by mikey_dragon on Mon 11 Jan 2016, 10:15 pm

Surely what you've quoted there Stone contravenes a couple of house rules. And to think he's calling for the heads of other posters...

mikey_dragon

Posts : 4944
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Quality game on 22 minutes gone 3 - 7 Osp Lein

Post by TJ on Mon 11 Jan 2016, 10:33 pm

Report me then. Everything I said was true. I have been asked to back off by the mods to prevent further bickering so I will. I watch every pro12 match I can and watched this one - so I came on the thread and found the trolls had wrecked it as a sensible discussion of the game. That spoils the boards

TJ

Posts : 6244
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Quality game on 22 minutes gone 3 - 7 Osp Lein

Post by LeinsterFan4life on Mon 11 Jan 2016, 10:51 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote: whereas the Welsh will look for any excuse not to support a region.

Oh so we are onto this now are we. Still finding it hard to get down off your high horse ?

The thing is, we cannot be @rsed to go and watch an Irish side because they play so much negative rugby. Sort that out then you can have a poke at us. Rolling Eyes
I bring it up because Cardiff and the Spreys should have double the fan base they have now and if they did the league would be much more attractive to sponsors and tv. Even the Scarlets should be easily getting 10k a game, great club. I just don't get why the rugby mad welsh won't get behind the regions but will happily support two football clubs who barely have a welsh player between them.

Jesus O'Christ.

Firstly, go and have a look at the populations of Swansea Cardiff and Llanelli compared to say, I dunno, Dublin.

Then try and have a think about why even 2000 extra followers ears diddly squat in yes of keeping up with our competitors. The combined population of the Celtic nations is tiny. That is why it's not attractive to TV sponsors.

Thirdly, the 'rugby mad' Welsh only suffer that particular insanity every February whilst the six nations is on and they're back on the sherbert post Christmas. By far and away, football is the main sport in Wales, both in participation and viewing interest.
The population of Cardiff city alone is over 340,000 according to wiki. If that's not enough to support a wealthy club I don't know what is.

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 4877
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 26
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Re: Quality game on 22 minutes gone 3 - 7 Osp Lein

Post by mikey_dragon on Mon 11 Jan 2016, 11:15 pm

It probably isn't - although I agree they and all Welsh teams should be getting more through their gates.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 4944
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Quality game on 22 minutes gone 3 - 7 Osp Lein

Post by TJ on Mon 11 Jan 2016, 11:23 pm

similar population to Edinburgh - usual gate 3000 ish but 40 000 turn out for big games! is the welsh support the same? very "soft" in that folk do not go to see most games but the interest is there for a big game.

TJ

Posts : 6244
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Quality game on 22 minutes gone 3 - 7 Osp Lein

Post by mikey_dragon on Mon 11 Jan 2016, 11:30 pm

Certainly for a big game yes, such as a Wales game. But I also remember when Cardiff Blues were a good team; games against Gloucester and Leicester were moved to the millennium stadium and pulled in huge crowds, perhaps 40,000. I remember seeing 20,000 at the Liberty for an Ospreys vs Scarlets match too, but Christmas games are usually well attended - not so much these days but I believe it is creeping back up.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 4944
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Quality game on 22 minutes gone 3 - 7 Osp Lein

Post by TJ on Tue 12 Jan 2016, 12:04 am

It is an odd one this "soft" support. Edinburgh pulled 40 000 for a couple of euro cup games a few years back, 25 000 for the Glasgow derby game this year but only 3000 for most games - it shows the potential support is there for Edinburgh but actually getting bums on seats is tricky. there is virtually no promotion of the games - personally I think they should make seats £5 for adults and free for kids to build a regular crowd - and get some buzz going in the city about the games - we used to have adverts on the buses and local radio and a lot of promotions / cheap tickets for specific groups. Now nothing

TJ

Posts : 6244
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Quality game on 22 minutes gone 3 - 7 Osp Lein

Post by LeinsterFan4life on Tue 12 Jan 2016, 12:22 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Certainly for a big game yes, such as a Wales game. But I also remember when Cardiff Blues were a good team; games against Gloucester and Leicester were moved to the millennium stadium and pulled in huge crowds, perhaps 40,000. I remember seeing 20,000 at the Liberty for an Ospreys vs Scarlets match too, but Christmas games are usually well attended - not so much these days but I believe it is creeping back up.
The Christmas games always show us what is possible in regards to attendance for all the teams in the league. If we were getting those kind of gates week in week out we wouldn't be far off the AP tv deal.

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 4877
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 26
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Re: Quality game on 22 minutes gone 3 - 7 Osp Lein

Post by mikey_dragon on Tue 12 Jan 2016, 11:50 am

I agree. The Irish usually get a better attendance than us. The welsh problem is too many guff players filling the team. I believe the only team to be currently addressing this is Cardiff Blues. If we could get all of our internationals playing in Wales across the four regions (injuries permitting) then I think attendances would improve. I think Leinster and Ospreys should have pulled in a larger crowd, I can only assume that some fans were saving themselves for Clermont, and the reality is the crowd for that one this weekend will only probably be around 1500 more than it was for this thread's match.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 4944
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Quality game on 22 minutes gone 3 - 7 Osp Lein

Post by Breadvan on Tue 12 Jan 2016, 12:47 pm

Thirdly, the 'rugby mad' Welsh only suffer that particular insanity every February whilst the six nations is on and they're back on the sherbert post Christmas. By far and away, football is the main sport in Wales, both in participation and viewing interest

Spot on. Back to the cheat chanting. I'm afraid this is starting to creep into the mentality of the fans at the Lib. It was even chanted v the dragons when we had the first pen given against us! I was working so didn't go last Friday but the ref being Irish v Leinster, probably got the crowds back up before k.o given the reputation they have in the pro12. Not that justifies the chanting.
As for the small crowd? It was cold, wet, and the general apathy of regional rugby didn't help. However, as stone posted, you bet the pubs will be packed next month cheering on the same players they can don't give a toss about locally..

Breadvan

Posts : 2652
Join date : 2011-05-23
Location : Swansea & Port toilet

Back to top Go down

Re: Quality game on 22 minutes gone 3 - 7 Osp Lein

Post by Shifty on Tue 12 Jan 2016, 12:58 pm

Sorry... I'm reading through all these posts and I'm trying to figure out what the hell you lot are arguing about? Headscratch

Shifty

Posts : 7111
Join date : 2011-04-26
Age : 37
Location : Kenfig Hill, Bridgend

Back to top Go down

Re: Quality game on 22 minutes gone 3 - 7 Osp Lein

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:06 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum