The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan going down WBC mandatory route.

+22
themadworldofjb
Marky
Valero's Conscience
catchweight
Scottrf
shenglong2015
AdamT
milkyboy
Rowley
Hammersmith harrier
mobilemaster8
BoxingFan88
Nico the gman
Steffan
Coxy001
Guest82
Rodney
Baby faced assassin
hazharrison
Pedro147
TRUSSMAN66
Jermaine2015
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Khan going down WBC mandatory route.  Empty Khan going down WBC mandatory route.

Post by Jermaine2015 Wed 20 Jan 2016, 2:12 pm

Former WBA(Super)/IBF super lightweight champion Amir Khan has confirmed he will fight the winner of Danny Garcia-Robert Guerrero, leaving 35 fight prospect Kell Brook high and dry. Personally I think Khan's doing the smart thing. Brook hasn't earned the right to get a payday from Khan's name. After Brook has another 10-15 tune ups maybe he'll face another top 10 ranked fighter.

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Khan going down WBC mandatory route.  Empty Re: Khan going down WBC mandatory route.

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 20 Jan 2016, 2:15 pm

I think Khan needs to avenge this defeat.......To have a decent legacy...

A proud fighter can't let a defeat against the over achieving Garcia go without address.

Shame though I'd rather see him beat Brook first..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Khan going down WBC mandatory route.  Empty Re: Khan going down WBC mandatory route.

Post by Pedro147 Wed 20 Jan 2016, 2:28 pm

While I agree it's good to see fighters avenging defeats, Khan lost to Garcia 4 years ago (or at least it will be when they fight). In that time I think he's fought 3 times. The excitement of a rematch ala Groves/Froch or Fury/Wlad doesn't apply to this fight for me.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 20 Jan 2016, 2:35 pm

Garcia will likely knock Khan out again. Hearn will have to engineer some bad blood between Brook and someone else at 147!

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Wed 20 Jan 2016, 2:41 pm

Pedro147 wrote:While I agree it's good to see fighters avenging defeats, Khan lost to Garcia 4 years ago (or at least it will be when they fight). In that time I think he's fought 3 times. The excitement of a rematch ala Groves/Froch or Fury/Wlad doesn't apply to this fight for me.

This

Seems so irrelevant right now and given Garcias recent form wouldn't shock me if Guerrero beats him and Robert himself is basically a gatekeeper now
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 20 Jan 2016, 2:46 pm

Not irrelevant...........Garcia is a black mark for Khan .....If he decisions him easily....It atones for a major blip on his record......

Like I said though I wish this fight would wait till after Brook..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 20 Jan 2016, 2:49 pm

I think it needs to be addressed by Khan as Truss suggests , however not sure why its taken so long ? Fancy Garcia to strike gold again if they do meet, as much as I don't think he's anything special - Khan is a sucker wide looping shots.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 20 Jan 2016, 3:01 pm

Wonder if Hearn is the problem ??

Think the Quigg - Frampo fight seemed to stall because of Team McGuigan's loathing of the young promoter....

Wonder if Khan's team have enough of the guy too and are loathe to fill his pockets..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Wed 20 Jan 2016, 3:08 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Wonder if Hearn is the problem ??

Think the Quigg - Frampo fight seemed to stall because of Team McGuigan's loathing of the young promoter....

Wonder if Khan's team have enough of the guy too and are loathe to fill his pockets..

Khan's team are meant to be a nightmare too so perhaps they're all as bad as each other.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Wed 20 Jan 2016, 3:31 pm

I am surprised he deems Garcia or Guerrero as worthy of sharing a ring with the superstar Amir Khan. I'd say they need to beat some big names and prove themselves.

As said above, a very good chance Garcia KO's him again leaving him in a worse position to negotiate the Brook fight. If he wins, I suppose he can demand even more from Brook, but he'd be crazy not to want the Brook fight.

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Jan 2016, 3:44 pm

Khan to beat Garcia by close MD and look very unconvincing in doing so. The Brook fight then becomes a very hard sell as they convince the public Khan is a dangerous opponent having last been seen hanging on for dear life in the closing rounds of his previous fight.

Brook to walk through him, Mayweather to come out of retirement BEGGING Kell for a fight, Amir to cry himself to sleep for the next 25 years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 20 Jan 2016, 3:46 pm

Whoever Khan faces I just hope he licks the canvas, cradles the ring post and swallows the thundering gravy.

RG is nothing more than a gatekeeper (as mentioned above) and his best weight/form is really behind him now. Garcia should do a number on him and then we can all watch Khan get splattered again. Good thing (from my perspective as can't really stand the guy) is that unless he puts on a 5/6 fight win streak any stoppage he suffers is likely to end his career. Or at least ruin his earning potential for every fight he takes (up until he gets knocked out agian) unless he faces Brook.

Nice to see Khan waiting around for a fight to materialise though. If I were Eddie I'd get Brook the winner of this fight and jump ahead of him..... I would giggle like a little girl if that were to happen.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 20 Jan 2016, 4:57 pm

Jermaine2015 wrote:After Brook has another 10-15 tune ups maybe he'll face another top 10 ranked fighter
He already has 3 raked opponents lined up. Everyone of them is in the 'Polska Bin Collection Service' Top 10

I heard the guy who he had a fight with in Tenerife is avoiding a rematch

"Special K" v Carson Jones 3 possibly?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 20 Jan 2016, 5:00 pm

Now that's what I call sticking the knife in

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 20 Jan 2016, 5:00 pm

Jermaine2015 wrote:Former WBA(Super)/IBF super lightweight champion Amir Khan has confirmed he will fight the winner of Danny Garcia-Robert Guerrero, leaving 35 fight prospect Kell Brook high and dry. Personally I think Khan's doing the smart thing. Brook hasn't earned the right to get a payday from Khan's name. After Brook has another 10-15 tune ups maybe he'll face another top 10 ranked fighter.
What are you talking about Brook is the IBF champion not a prospect looking for a route to a world title tilt, Brook earned the right to fight anyone in the division when he beat Porter to become a world champ, a fight in which some gave him little chance.

Khan is avoiding Brook like the plague.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 20 Jan 2016, 5:03 pm

Maybe Khan is pretending he is IBF champ already....Fighting Alexander and Algieri instead of Gavin and Dan..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 20 Jan 2016, 5:06 pm

Nico the gman wrote:Khan is avoiding Brook like the plague
And you base this theory on what? That Eddie Hearn and Kell Brook said so?

Why would a guy who has been in with people like Alexander, Collazo, Garcia, Judah and Maidana suddenly be scared of a guy who has fought Porter and erm......

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 20 Jan 2016, 5:08 pm

Coxy001 wrote:Whoever Khan faces I just hope he licks the canvas, cradles the ring post and swallows the thundering gravy.

RG is nothing more than a gatekeeper (as mentioned above) and his best weight/form is really behind him now. Garcia should do a number on him and then we can all watch Khan get splattered again. Good thing (from my perspective as can't really stand the guy) is that unless he puts on a 5/6 fight win streak any stoppage he suffers is likely to end his career. Or at least ruin his earning potential for every fight he takes (up until he gets knocked out agian) unless he faces Brook.

Nice to see Khan waiting around for a fight to materialise though. If I were Eddie I'd get Brook the winner of this fight and jump ahead of him..... I would giggle like a little girl if that were to happen.

Garcia can be outboxed and Peterson showed (Literally clowning him in the second half of the fight) and Herrera who got jobbed

If he fights Garcia then its lights out again more than likely, he has regressed massively since leaving Roach

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 20 Jan 2016, 5:09 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Khan to beat Garcia by close MD and look very unconvincing in doing so. The Brook fight then becomes a very hard sell as they convince the public Khan is a dangerous opponent having last been seen hanging on for dear life in the closing rounds of his previous fight.

Brook to walk through him, Mayweather to come out of retirement BEGGING Kell for a fight, Amir to cry himself to sleep for the next 25 years.

Not sure how Khan beating Garcia (Someone who knocked him out) makes it a more difficult sell Shocked

For me I commend Khan on fighting someone who koed him, first time he will attempt to avenge a defeat

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Wed 20 Jan 2016, 5:13 pm

Nico the gman wrote:
Jermaine2015 wrote:Former WBA(Super)/IBF super lightweight champion Amir Khan has confirmed he will fight the winner of Danny Garcia-Robert Guerrero, leaving 35 fight prospect Kell Brook high and dry. Personally I think Khan's doing the smart thing. Brook hasn't earned the right to get a payday from Khan's name. After Brook has another 10-15 tune ups maybe he'll face another top 10 ranked fighter.
What are you talking about Brook is the IBF champion not a prospect looking for a route to a world title tilt, Brook earned the right to fight anyone in the division when he beat Porter to become a world champ, a fight in which some gave him little chance.

Brook's earned the right to fight anyone? Jo Jo Dan, Frankie Gavin, countless other bums/stiffs/bin men and now Kevin Bizier.

Yeah if Brook wasn't a chump he'd be looking at unifications with the Bradley's, Thurman's etc but Brook hasn't the heart to mix it with the big boys.

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 20 Jan 2016, 5:16 pm

Jermaine2015 wrote:
Nico the gman wrote:

Brook's earned the right to fight anyone? Jo Jo Dan, Frankie Gavin, countless other bums/stiffs/bin men and now Kevin Bizier.

Yeah if Brook wasn't a chump he'd be looking at unifications with the Bradley's, Thurman's etc but Brook hasn't the heart to mix it with the big boys.

Frankie Gavin you have the right to give him stick for

But it amazes me that NO ONE understands that if he doesn't fight mandatories then he gets stripped of the belt

He should of fought Chaves I'll agree, but Khans Welterweight career its exactly worldly either, Shaun Porter beat Devon Alexander as well

I thought the Collazo win was an excellent one, especially after what he did to Thurman

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 20 Jan 2016, 5:22 pm

Steffan wrote:
Nico the gman wrote:Khan is avoiding Brook like the plague
And you base this theory on what? That Eddie Hearn and Kell Brook said so?

Why would a guy who has been in with people like Alexander, Collazo, Garcia, Judah and Maidana suddenly be scared of a guy who has fought Porter and erm......
The fact that Khans been offered a world title fight and doesn't want it, Hearn and Brook have publicly and  repeatedly called Khan out.
if the boot was on the other foot you'd be the 1st to call Brook a ducker.

Khan has stated Brook wasn't in his class, so prove the point, get in the ring put Brook and Hearn in there place and become world champion, its that easy for Khan.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 20 Jan 2016, 5:31 pm

Personally I find on this forum there are some people on here who clearly have a serious dislike for Amir Khan and will never give him any credit for whoever he has beaten or maybe lost to but at least was willing to get in the ring with them

Khan could fight Mayweather tomorrow, beat him convincingly and it would still be that 'Mayweather was over the hill and Khan needs to stop ducking Brook who is fighting his next door neighbour next week but it's not Brooks fault as it's his mandatory and it is all Khan's fault anyway for fighting Mayweather to duck Brook...'

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 20 Jan 2016, 5:46 pm

Steffan wrote:Personally I find on this forum there are some people on here who clearly have a serious dislike for Amir Khan and will never give him any credit for whoever he has beaten or maybe lost to but at least was willing to get in the ring with them

Khan could fight Mayweather tomorrow, beat him convincingly and it would still be that 'Mayweather was over the hill and Khan needs to stop ducking Brook who is fighting his next door neighbour next week but it's not Brooks fault as it's his mandatory and it is all Khan's fault anyway for fighting Mayweather to duck Brook...'
Khan has had a good career, but the fact he thinks he is far superior to Brook (when he's not)is annoying.

I suggest you ring the IBF and tell them your not happy with their mandatory for Brook, they may listen to you and change the opponent, or Brook could always refuse the fight and be stripped of his title.

When it comes to having a serious dislike for fighters, Froch, Brook, people in glass houses.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 20 Jan 2016, 7:20 pm

To be fair id say he was far superior to Brook.

Has achieved a hell of a lot more in terms sport even going back to the amateurs.

Has fought the better opposition has won multiple titles at different weights, has headlined PPV fights.....yeh he may have lost a few...but at least he had the balls to mix it up....fighting an undefeated Garcia (he should have won that but got caught....Poopie happens)....he went to Petersons back yard....he didn't have to do that....he was the champ!

Fights Alexander and Collazo. ...both very good wins and near shut outs.

Will we see Brook fight Thurman?

Will he fight Bradley? Pacman? Collazo? Porter rematch etc

He just keeps calling out Khan. Yes it's a MASSIVE fight over here, but Khan has fought 3 times in so many years, Brook is clamoring for a pay day using Khan's name when he could be out unifying his division (which he has the talent to do If he decides to grow a pair).....instead he is wasting his talent fighting Jo Jo Dan, Bizier, Carson Jones 7 and Frankie Gavin!!!!

That has to be some of the worst fighters or fight streak in championship history.

Truss will probably correct me...but that's pretty damn poor.

He could do so much more....it's so frustrating.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 20 Jan 2016, 7:27 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:To be fair id say he was far superior to Brook.

Has achieved a hell of a lot more in terms sport even going back to the amateurs.

Has fought the better opposition has won multiple titles at different weights,  has headlined PPV fights.....yeh he may have lost a few...but at least he had the balls to mix it up....fighting an undefeated Garcia (he should have won that but got caught....Poopie happens)....he went to Petersons back yard....he didn't have to do that....he was the champ!

Fights Alexander and Collazo. ...both very good wins and near shut outs.

Will we see Brook fight Thurman?

Will he fight Bradley? Pacman? Collazo? Porter rematch etc

He just keeps calling out Khan. Yes it's a MASSIVE fight over here, but Khan has fought 3 times in so many years,  Brook is clamoring for a pay day using Khan's name when he could be out unifying his division (which he has the talent to do If he decides to grow a pair).....instead he is wasting his talent fighting Jo Jo Dan, Bizier,  Carson Jones 7 and Frankie Gavin!!!!

That has to be some of the worst fighters or fight streak in championship history.

Truss will probably correct me...but that's pretty damn poor.

He could do so much more....it's so frustrating.
If Khans far superior to Brook, then fight him and put him in his place, should be a stroll in the park for Khan, as Khan says he's a class above Brook, easy money and a world title what more could you ask for.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 20 Jan 2016, 7:37 pm

Jermaine2015 wrote:
Nico the gman wrote:

Whereas Khan is going down the path of least resistance yet again, he knows Brook beats him and Garcia is an easier fight than Thurman or Bradley.

You do need to stop referring to everyone as a bum or a stiff, not being world class doesn't mean you deserve to be insulted in such a way.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 20 Jan 2016, 8:30 pm

Jermaine2015 wrote:
Nico the gman wrote:

If you keep talking long enough you might be able to convince yourself Khan's world champion and not Brook, took the title from one of the so called big boys in his own backyard had plenty of heart in that fight.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Wed 20 Jan 2016, 9:25 pm

Nico the gman wrote:
Jermaine2015 wrote:
Nico the gman wrote:

If you keep talking long enough you might be able to convince yourself Khan's world champion and not Brook, took the title from one of the so called big boys in his own backyard had plenty of heart in that fight.
You're making out like Porter is P4P the greatest welterweight in boxing history... Doh

Porter is average, he went life and death with Julio Diaz TWICE FFS!

Considering most on here think Alexander is rubbish, that's Porter's signature win. Therefore Brook beat a nobody.

Khan doesn't need to fight Brook, it's not Khan's fault Brook can't sell out his living room and Brook is too scared to mix it with the other title holders at welterweight

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Wed 20 Jan 2016, 9:28 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
Jermaine2015 wrote:
Nico the gman wrote:

Whereas Khan is going down the path of least resistance yet again, he knows Brook beats him and Garcia is an easier fight than Thurman or Bradley.

You do need to stop referring to everyone as a bum or a stiff, not being world class doesn't mean you deserve to be insulted in such a way.
Based on what does Brook beat Khan? His two victories over P4P superstar Carson Jones? His win against the superstar Frankie Gavin?

Brook gets slapped silly by Khan...hence why at 35-0 he's still looking for 15 more tune up fights

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 20 Jan 2016, 9:33 pm

Jermaine2015 wrote:

it's not Khan's fault Brook can't sell out his living room

He sold 12,000 tickets against Matthew Hatton.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Wed 20 Jan 2016, 9:34 pm

I get annoyed at Brook because yea he seems to be chasing Khan and only Khan

But what's more infuriating is Khan saying that Brook doesn't deserve it etc.......while the whole time moaning why he isn't getting Mayweather.....think Khan is just a fool
"Brook wants a payday", "he's using my name", "will fight him when he fights a top fighter"
replace Brooks name.with Khan and then you go Mayweather opinion of Khan, quite comedial

Either way feel these are both wasting their careers
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 20 Jan 2016, 9:42 pm

Baby faced assassin wrote:

Agree with this wholeheartedly. What is so frustrating with the whole situation is the fight is such a natural one both parties failure to get it on is ridiculous. Khan has profile stateside so fits the bill for Brook and Brook is a route back to a title for Khan. Both have something to gain purely from a boxing perspective. Add into that the fact it is a stadium fight over here and the previous two years suggests neither has glaringly better options and it really is preposterous this fight has not happened.

Should say though Brook and Hearn would be wise to move on though, the division does not start and end with Khan. There are plenty of good fights at the weight still available. Pick up wins against the likes of Bradley, Thurman or such fighters and I dare say he would find Khan would be beating his door down.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Wed 20 Jan 2016, 9:44 pm

Rowley wrote:
Baby faced assassin wrote:

Agree with this wholeheartedly. What is so frustrating with the whole situation is the fight is such a natural one both parties failure to get it on is ridiculous. Khan has profile stateside so fits the bill for Brook and Brook is a route back to a title for Khan. Both have something to gain purely from a boxing perspective. Add into that the fact it is a stadium fight over here and the previous two years suggests neither has glaringly better options and it really is preposterous this fight has not happened.

Should say though Brook and Hearn would be wise to move on though, the division does not start and end with Khan. There are plenty of good fights at the weight still available. Pick up wins against the likes of Bradley, Thurman or such fighters and I dare say he would find Khan would be beating his door down.

Fraudster Eddie Hearn might be able to pick up Bradley on the cheap after PacMan beats him a third time...

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 20 Jan 2016, 9:53 pm

Jermaine2015 wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:
Jermaine2015 wrote:
Nico the gman wrote:

Based on what does Brook beat Khan? His two victories over P4P superstar Carson Jones? His win against the superstar Frankie Gavin?

Brook gets slapped silly by Khan...hence why at 35-0 he's still looking for 15 more tune up fights

Based on my opinion that Brook is better than Khan, he hits too hard, is too big and is too accurate, you can carry on with the hyberbole but it doesn't make your point any more valid.

So Porter beating Alexander and Diaz means he's a nobody so using that logic Khan must also be a nobody; were he in against someone with more of a killer instinct he'd have lost the night he faced Diaz.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 20 Jan 2016, 9:57 pm

Jermaine2015 wrote:
Nico the gman wrote:
Jermaine2015 wrote:
Nico the gman wrote:

You're making out like Porter is P4P the greatest welterweight in boxing history... Doh

Considering most on here think Alexander is rubbish, that's Porter's signature win. Therefore Brook beat a nobody.

Khan doesn't need to fight Brook, it's not Khan's fault Brook can't sell out his living room and Brook is too scared to mix it with the other title holders at welterweight
Calm yourself down son you'll be giving yourself a seizure, as for Porter being PFP the greatest welterweight in boxing history, yes I believe he  beats Robinson, Leonard, Armstrong all on the same night within 4 rounds far too skilful for these no marks.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 20 Jan 2016, 9:59 pm

Nico the gman wrote:as for Porter being PFP the greatest welterweight in boxing history, yes I believe he  beats Robinson, Leonard, Armstrong all on the same night within 4 rounds far too skilful for these no marks.

Burley still kicks his arse from one side of the ring to the other (It's been a while, I am due one)

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 20 Jan 2016, 10:09 pm

Rowley wrote:
Nico the gman wrote:as for Porter being PFP the greatest welterweight in boxing history, yes I believe he  beats Robinson, Leonard, Armstrong all on the same night within 4 rounds far too skilful for these no marks.

Burley still kicks his arse from one side of the ring to the other (It's been a while, I am due one)
Don't know about that, Burley,Porter is a 50/50, after all it is the great Shawn Porter, we are talking about.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 20 Jan 2016, 10:22 pm

Rowley wrote:
Jermaine2015 wrote:

it's not Khan's fault Brook can't sell out his living room

He sold 12,000 tickets against Matthew Hatton.

Kel has a large living room.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 20 Jan 2016, 10:23 pm

Burley was never champion. Porter was. QED.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 21 Jan 2016, 8:59 am

Jermaine2015 wrote:
Nico the gman wrote:
Jermaine2015 wrote:
Nico the gman wrote:

How did Khan look against Limond, Prescott, Garcia and Algieri. I admit he has some very good wins, but he also has looked terrible at times.

He isn't the world beater many on here proclaim him to be. He also isn't half as bad as many (including myself at times) proclaim him to be.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jan 2016, 9:53 am

Steffan wrote:Personally I find on this forum there are some people on here who clearly have a serious dislike for Amir Khan and will never give him any credit for whoever he has beaten or maybe lost to but at least was willing to get in the ring with them
Khan has repeatedly claimed he has the beating of Brook yet refuses to get in the ring with him. For a guy who is apparently such an easy night's work, Khan seems reluctant to back up his claims.

Some other dingbat claims it's Brook's fault he's not fighting the likes of Bradley or that he's scared to fight the other belt holders. Think the more scenario is that Brook may not be the biggest drawer in the WW division given that for years it was populated with fighters such as Mayweather and Manny who would give an opponent their biggest ever pay day. How is Kell Brook/Eddie Hearn going to compete with that. Free Wi-Fi at the Sheffield Travelodge?

Brook's been part of the "high risk low reward" brigade for years and finally got a title but people still don't want to fight him. As Haye said at the weekend, it's all well and good calling out these fighters or the public saying this that or the other fight should be made but actually getting them to sign a contract is another matter entirely.

When you consider it took Floyd and Manny SIX F*CKING YEARS to get their sh!t together it doesn't surprise me that Brook is still on the fringes of big title fights. Bradley has taken the Manny fight because it will make him a lot of money and if he loses, well, he's just lost to PacMan. he can come back from that, but lose to Kell Brook for a fraction of the price even beat Kell Brook for a fraction of the price and he's in the same position but with a much smaller back account.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 21 Jan 2016, 9:59 am

Is there any other sport that is as frustrating as boxing? The best should be fighting the best as soon as possible. I know this isn't always possible with all the alphabets and thousands of promoters. But for the good of the sport, these guys should be made fight.

In a way I blame the fans. For example, fans should not tune in to fighters, unless they fight the real fights.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Thu 21 Jan 2016, 10:02 am

Never really got that whole Khan is some world beater who looks good against everyone untill he's clocked

Like if he was so good why is ge getting clocked so often.........makes no sense

Yes he's technically pretty good and uses his height and reach but he's getting hit by inferior fighters not because he wants to but because that's just what level he is as a fighter
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 21 Jan 2016, 10:18 am

Baby faced assassin wrote:Never really got that whole Khan is some world beater who looks good against everyone untill he's clocked

Like if he was so good why is ge getting clocked so often.........makes no sense

Yes he's technically pretty good and uses his height and reach but he's getting hit by inferior fighters not because he wants to but because that's just what level he is as a fighter

Good post. He has some great advantages, that he uses to great affect. As you have mentioned, height reach and also great speed. He has learned to spoil a little when in close as well. Not great for a fan to watch, but it is a skill in itself.

He gets carless at times and leaves his chin wide open. For a fella that is so quick of hand and foot, he can be timed quite often.

He also doesn't always seem to listen to instructions and often isn't the best thinker in the ring.

I love the whole "He was destroying Garcia until he got caught."

It wasn't a lucky punch. Garcia found the weakness in Khan's defence and clocked him with great timing. Some think it was a lucky win by Garcia, I don't.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jan 2016, 10:51 am

AdamT wrote:
Baby faced assassin wrote:Never really got that whole Khan is some world beater who looks good against everyone untill he's clocked

Good post. He has some great advantages, that he uses to great affect. As you have mentioned, height reach and also great speed. He has learned to spoil a little when in close as well. Not great for a fan to watch, but it is a skill in itself.

He gets carless at times and leaves his chin wide open. For a fella that is so quick of hand and foot, he can be timed quite often.

He also doesn't always seem to listen to instructions and often isn't the best thinker in the ring.

It wasn't a lucky punch. Garcia found the weakness in Khan's defence and clocked him with great timing. Some think it was a lucky win by Garcia, I don't.
He keeps posting pictures on twitter of his newest one

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 21 Jan 2016, 11:11 am

DAVE667 wrote:
AdamT wrote:

He keeps posting pictures on twitter of his newest one

You will need to have a word with him. I heard he is nailing Froch's Mrs!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Thu 21 Jan 2016, 11:16 am

I don't understand why some of the posters on this site are saying he needs to take Garcia to avenge his previous defeat?

He has never bothered rematching Prescott or Peterson in the past?? Or given anyone else a rematch that was robbed/deserved against him? Such as Barrera, Maidana or McCloskey??

He is a fake pretending to be a contender.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 21 Jan 2016, 11:17 am

This height and reach advantage Khan uses? At welter he doesn't really have them. You'd think we were describing Tommy hearns.

He has very fast hands and good timing. He's brave ( takes a brave guy to get knocked out, and keep putting yourself in the firing line) and has plenty of heart and stomach for a fight. He gets caught usually when he's firing combinations, because he puts himself in the danger zone. He was an accident waiting to happen earlier in his career. Under hunter he's more restricted him to 1-2's in and out. Makes his fights less exciting but lower risk.

I understand Khan chasing the huge fights, but it annoys me as much as anyone that he's ended up so inactive. Brook has a belt, he should fight him, for very good money. My belief is he feels that fight will always be there for him, but it's risking a bigger pay day if either slips up... Especially if it's brook.

That's the politics, khan's issues as a fighter are insufficient power to deter guys who bully him... No natural inside game,  Not the greatest chin... And a tendency to leave it exposed when he's swinging. He's a terrific fighter with some deficiencies. All fighters have them, the fight game is about making your advantages the ones that matter. Sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't.

The idea that khan's not a good boxer because he's been knocked out, is  well, just an idea. He's very hard to outbox, not so hard to outfight.

The Garcia fight was Lewis mcall. Not a fluke because the warnings were there and he was trying to do it. Doesn't mean it will happen again. Khan points in the rematch if it happens.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 21 Jan 2016, 11:20 am

I see your point on Lewis and McCall. To be honest I would probably pick Khan in a rematch as well. But lets make something clear. Amir Khan is no Lennox Lewis.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next