No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by wickedwasp on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 6:32 pm

Fantastic match. Amazing performance from Wasps. Launch, Haskell excellent. Awesome try from Daly. And nobody cares...........

Starting to feel unloved here (pouts, pulls blankets over head and settles in for a major sulk.

Seriously, though, guys ???????

wickedwasp

Posts : 303
Join date : 2011-05-20
Location : What day is it today?

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by eirebilly on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 6:42 pm

That was some win by Wasp's. Outclassed Leinster in every department. When Leinster ran in the first try, I thought that it may be their day but Wasp's were immense.

eirebilly

Posts : 20240
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 46
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by Notch on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 6:43 pm

As an Irish rugby fan, I say let's not just not talk about it. Lets burn the tapes and never speak of it again!

Notch
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25635
Join date : 2011-02-10
Age : 28
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by wickedwasp on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 6:45 pm

OK.  17 views, no comments.  I get it. It's not paranoid  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes when they're out to get you

Damn you Billy - you've ruined my moment of self pity - but thank you for the comments. I'm happy because it's been a long time coming for us Very Happy

wickedwasp

Posts : 303
Join date : 2011-05-20
Location : What day is it today?

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by Scottrf on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 6:48 pm

Not looking forward to welcoming you to help Gardens. Playing lovely rugby.

Scottrf

Posts : 10068
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by eirebilly on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 6:50 pm

Credit where its due wicked, Wasp's were excellent today and Leinster could not live with them.

Thank's are in order too, Wasp's must have shown Schmidt that Rob Kearney is no longer the #1 15 in Ireland Run

eirebilly

Posts : 20240
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 46
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by wickedwasp on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 6:52 pm

Notch, fair enough. I can be gracious..................................nope, sorry, I can't.

Seriously, I've been a Wasps fan for years, through the good times - Heineken Cups, and the bad times - near relegation, bankruptcy, etc.

How often does anybody do that to a class outfit like Leinster?

Let me be unbearably happy for a bit and then I'll shut up about it - promise angel

wickedwasp

Posts : 303
Join date : 2011-05-20
Location : What day is it today?

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by Sin é on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 6:55 pm

Fair play WW, great win for you. Leinster didn't turn up. Very worrying that with the exception of hooker and openside, that is the Ireland starting pack.

I wonder has Schmidt got the bottle to drop most of them.

Sin é

Posts : 12548
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by Notch on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 6:58 pm

wickedwasp wrote:Notch, fair enough.  I can be gracious..................................nope, sorry, I can't.

Seriously, I've been a Wasps fan for years, through the good times - Heineken Cups, and the bad times - near relegation, bankruptcy, etc.

How often does anybody do that to a class outfit like Leinster?

Let me be unbearably happy for a bit and then I'll shut up about it - promise angel

I understand it well. It wouldn't exactly have been very pleasant to be a Toulouse fan and be around me the week after Ulster beat them 38-0 Laugh

Notch
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25635
Join date : 2011-02-10
Age : 28
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by Sin é on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 7:05 pm

wickedwasp wrote:Notch, fair enough.  I can be gracious..................................nope, sorry, I can't.

Seriously, I've been a Wasps fan for years, through the good times - Heineken Cups, and the bad times - near relegation, bankruptcy, etc.

How often does anybody do that to a class outfit like Leinster?

Let me be unbearably happy for a bit and then I'll shut up about it - promise angel

Enjoy it while you can. Wasps turn around gives me hope for Munster to do something similar thumbsup

Sin é

Posts : 12548
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by Notch on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 7:05 pm

Sin é wrote:I wonder has Schmidt got the bottle to drop most of them.

He'd be mad! Most of that team won't play again until the Six Nations starts. They'll be reading about how Poopie they are every day between now and then. By the time Wales come to town they'll be be like coiled springs, ready to explode with frustration. They have the fear now, they are playing for their reputations and that makes them even more dangerous. Some Leinster players need to be dropped- Cian Healy for instance is a shadow of his normal self- but if Ireland are smart they can turn this negative into a positive.

Notch
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25635
Join date : 2011-02-10
Age : 28
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by Sin é on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 7:12 pm

Notch wrote:
Sin é wrote:I wonder has Schmidt got the bottle to drop most of them.

He'd be mad! Most of that team won't play again until the Six Nations starts. They'll be reading about how Poopie they are every day between now and then. By the time Wales come to town they'll be be like coiled springs, ready to explode with frustration. They have the fear now, they are playing for their reputations and that makes them even more dangerous. Some Leinster players need to be dropped- Cian Healy for instance is a shadow of his normal self- but if Ireland are smart they can turn this negative into a positive.

Well we're stuck with limited options at 1, 3, 4, & 5 so that should be enough of that team to use.

Sin é

Posts : 12548
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by Pot Hale on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 7:13 pm

Leinster were competitive for the first half and then went to pieces in the second.

Easy win for Wasps - well done to them for qualifying.


Pot Hale

Posts : 4630
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 54
Location : Dublhkining

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by wickedwasp on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 7:13 pm

I think you have to factor in the motivation. Wasps had to win - Leinster had nothing to play for.

I also think Notch is right. That result could be a very dangerous motivator - glad we haven't got Ireland first Wink

wickedwasp

Posts : 303
Join date : 2011-05-20
Location : What day is it today?

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by Pot Hale on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 7:25 pm

wickedwasp wrote:I think you have to factor in the motivation.  Wasps had to win - Leinster had nothing to play for.

I also think Notch is right.  That result could be a very dangerous motivator - glad we haven't got Ireland first Wink

Leinster had a lot to play for given their pedigree. They didn't deliver. Although it wasn't a first team, conceding 50 odd points to a mid-table League team is pretty poor.

Pot Hale

Posts : 4630
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 54
Location : Dublhkining

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by wickedwasp on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 7:28 pm

"mid-table league team"

ouch!

Bitter?

wickedwasp

Posts : 303
Join date : 2011-05-20
Location : What day is it today?

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by Scottrf on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 7:30 pm

Mid table aviva should expect to put 50 points on anyone in the pro 12 to be fair.

Scottrf

Posts : 10068
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by LeinsterFan4life on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 7:32 pm

Scottrf wrote:Mid table aviva should expect to put 50 points on anyone in the pro 12 to be fair.
The English expect a lot of things especially in sports.

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 4877
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 26
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by Pot Hale on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 7:34 pm

wickedwasp wrote:"mid-table league team"

ouch!

Bitter?

Not at all. Wasps thoroughly deserved their win. But themselves and Gloucester are siting on equal points in the middle of the league. It's primarily a comment on Leinster's poor performance in Europe this season.




Pot Hale

Posts : 4630
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 54
Location : Dublhkining

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by LeinsterFan4life on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 7:35 pm

Notch wrote:
Sin é wrote:I wonder has Schmidt got the bottle to drop most of them.

He'd be mad! Most of that team won't play again until the Six Nations starts. They'll be reading about how Poopie they are every day between now and then. By the time Wales come to town they'll be be like coiled springs, ready to explode with frustration. They have the fear now, they are playing for their reputations and that makes them even more dangerous. Some Leinster players need to be dropped- Cian Healy for instance is a shadow of his normal self- but if Ireland are smart they can turn this negative into a positive.
There is that but surely Rob needs to be dropped from the Ireland squad. Almost no pace, can't tackle and has never been able to launch any sort of counter attack. He doesn't even have that aerial dominance anymore.

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 4877
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 26
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by wickedwasp on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 7:37 pm

fair enough - we have been horrendously inconsistent this season

wickedwasp

Posts : 303
Join date : 2011-05-20
Location : What day is it today?

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by Pot Hale on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 7:37 pm

Scottrf wrote:Mid table aviva should expect to put 50 points on anyone in the pro 12 to be fair.

Perhaps they should. But how has that worked out in reality over the last few seasons?

Pot Hale

Posts : 4630
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 54
Location : Dublhkining

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by Scottrf on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 7:38 pm

It was a joke. But speaking for Saints they have provided easy points even this season when we've been awful.

Scottrf

Posts : 10068
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by Notch on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 7:43 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:There is that but surely Rob needs to be dropped from the Ireland squad. Almost no pace, can't tackle and has never been able to launch any sort of counter attack. He doesn't even have that aerial dominance anymore.

Didn't see the game but that is a big concern. The thing is, I've always believed that these Leinster boys raise their game for Joe Schmidt and that means they are the best players to be selected- and I also believe that has had a knock-on effect on their form for their province. Problem is, the Ulster backs are really putting their hand up. If guys who are playing that well don't get picked you risk a provincial split in the squad.

Picking Rory Best as Captain is a smart move in terms of the politics of bringing the squad together into being one team. If Jackson is behind Sexton, McCloskey behind Henshaw and Payne behind Kearney AND the Captain is from Leinster... the Ulster players will start to feel its all going against them. Having an Ulsterman as Captain nips any dissent in the bud if those 50/50 calls go against the Ulstermen. I think Schmidt has shown some smart man-management with that decision.

Notch
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25635
Join date : 2011-02-10
Age : 28
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by Cardiff Dave on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 7:46 pm

No Treviso v Munster thread either btw.

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 5984
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by Pot Hale on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 7:47 pm

Scottrf wrote:...Saints have provided easy points even this season when we've been awful.

Not sure I understand that. Who's we? Saints or Wasps?


Pot Hale

Posts : 4630
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 54
Location : Dublhkining

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by LeinsterFan4life on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 7:48 pm

Notch wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:There is that but surely Rob needs to be dropped from the Ireland squad. Almost no pace, can't tackle and has never been able to launch any sort of counter attack. He doesn't even have that aerial dominance anymore.

Didn't see the game but that is a big concern. The thing is, I've always believed that these Leinster boys raise their game for Joe Schmidt and that means they are the best players to be selected- and I also believe that has had a knock-on effect on their form for their province. Problem is, the Ulster backs are really putting their hand up. If guys who are playing that well don't get picked you risk a provincial split in the squad.

Picking Rory Best as Captain is a smart move in terms of the politics of bringing the squad together into being one team. If Jackson is behind Sexton, McCloskey behind Henshaw and Payne behind Kearney AND the Captain is from Leinster... the Ulster players will start to feel its all going against them. Having an Ulsterman as Captain nips any dissent in the bud if those 50/50 calls go against the Ulstermen. I think Schmidt has shown some smart man-management with that decision.
True and someone like Jordi Murphy is a perfect example of that as he's been very poor for Leinster this season but played really well for Joe. However I think Kearney should have been dropped awhile ago and something like a Payne at 15 with McCloskey and Henshaw in the centers is really exciting to me.

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 4877
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 26
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by Pot Hale on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 7:49 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:No Treviso v Munster thread either btw.

There's nothing stopping any Treviso or Wasps fans from creating a thread for a match.

Pot Hale

Posts : 4630
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 54
Location : Dublhkining

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by kingelderfield on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 7:51 pm

Wow I got that wrong, congratulations Wasps.


kingelderfield

Posts : 1407
Join date : 2011-08-27

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by wickedwasp on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 8:01 pm

Pot Hale wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:No Treviso v Munster thread either btw.

There's nothing stopping any Treviso or Wasps fans from creating a thread for a match.

Just natural modesty zen

wickedwasp

Posts : 303
Join date : 2011-05-20
Location : What day is it today?

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by Cardiff Dave on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 8:29 pm

Pot Hale wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:No Treviso v Munster thread either btw.

There's nothing stopping any Treviso or Wasps fans from creating a thread for a match.

What about Munster fans?

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 5984
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by VinceWLB on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 8:39 pm

That was easy from Wasps when truck and trailers are ignored at the maul and when the defensive line isn't reffed properly.

VinceWLB

Posts : 3462
Join date : 2012-10-14

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by wickedwasp on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 8:41 pm

VinceWLB wrote:That was easy from Wasps when truck and trailers are ignored at the maul and when the defensive line isn't reffed properly.

laughing

wickedwasp

Posts : 303
Join date : 2011-05-20
Location : What day is it today?

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by Exiledinborders on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 9:25 pm

VinceWLB wrote:That was easy from Wasps when truck and trailers are ignored at the maul and when the defensive line isn't reffed properly.
Not that I think your right but even if you are the option to use truck and trailers was open to Leinster and they need to get away with defending offside if they can. Good teams get away with as much as they can.

Wasps were far superior today.

Exiledinborders

Posts : 1121
Join date : 2012-03-18
Location : Scottish Borders

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by stub on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 10:39 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Scottrf wrote:Mid table aviva should expect to put 50 points on anyone in the pro 12 to be fair.
The English expect a lot of things especially in sports.

Seems a bit of a blind generalisation to me. I would be wary about judging an entire nation like that but to each their own I suppose. Wink

stub

Posts : 1772
Join date : 2013-01-31

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by stub on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 10:41 pm

Well played Wasps - great result there. Very entertaining to watch although when Leinster score early on I felt that their resurgence was perhaps already complete.

stub

Posts : 1772
Join date : 2013-01-31

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by LeinsterFan4life on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 10:46 pm

stub wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Scottrf wrote:Mid table aviva should expect to put 50 points on anyone in the pro 12 to be fair.
The English expect a lot of things especially in sports.

Seems a bit of a blind generalisation to me. I would be wary about judging an entire nation like that but to each their own I suppose. Wink
It's more a dig at the English "media" Hug

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 4877
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 26
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by formerly known as Sam on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 11:01 pm

Pot Hale wrote:
wickedwasp wrote:I think you have to factor in the motivation.  Wasps had to win - Leinster had nothing to play for.

I also think Notch is right.  That result could be a very dangerous motivator - glad we haven't got Ireland first Wink

Leinster had a lot to play for given their pedigree. They didn't deliver. Although it wasn't a first team, conceding 50 odd points to a mid-table League team is pretty poor.

Wasps first team isn't mid table. That Wasps first team is title contenders. The problem they have is that in many positions they don't have much competition for places so when players are missing through injury they really suffer. They dropped points this season with due to injuries to second and back row. Missing all of Haskell, Smith and Hughes was massive for them.

When they've got the majority of that team on the pitch they are excellent, look what they did to Toulon!

Leinster showing any interest in COS? Good track record of developing players through academy and from lower league clubs and mixing them with one or two big signings. Add to that his breakdown focused defence and expansive offload heavy game plan. Surely a good fit?

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 10695
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 30
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by LeinsterFan4life on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 11:14 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:
wickedwasp wrote:I think you have to factor in the motivation.  Wasps had to win - Leinster had nothing to play for.

I also think Notch is right.  That result could be a very dangerous motivator - glad we haven't got Ireland first Wink

Leinster had a lot to play for given their pedigree. They didn't deliver. Although it wasn't a first team, conceding 50 odd points to a mid-table League team is pretty poor.

Wasps first team isn't mid table. That Wasps first team is title contenders. The problem they have is that in many positions they don't have much competition for places so when players are missing through injury they really suffer. They dropped points this season with due to injuries to second and back row. Missing all of Haskell, Smith and Hughes was massive for them.

When they've got the majority of that team on the pitch they are excellent, look what they did to Toulon!

Leinster showing any interest in COS? Good track record of developing players through academy and from lower league clubs and mixing them with one or two big signings. Add to that his breakdown focused defence and expansive offload heavy game plan. Surely a good fit?
Cullen won't be sacked anytime soon. He'll be given at least another Europe campaign

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 4877
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 26
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by formerly known as Sam on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 11:20 pm

Cullen head coach with COS DOR. COS would need a forwards coach anyway...

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 10695
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 30
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by stub on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 11:26 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
stub wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Scottrf wrote:Mid table aviva should expect to put 50 points on anyone in the pro 12 to be fair.
The English expect a lot of things especially in sports.

Seems a bit of a blind generalisation to me. I would be wary about judging an entire nation like that but to each their own I suppose. Wink
It's more a dig at the English "media" Hug

I agree, the English media, like most media, are complete and utter tools. Hug

stub

Posts : 1772
Join date : 2013-01-31

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by LeinsterFan4life on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 11:36 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:Cullen head coach with COS DOR. COS would need a forwards coach anyway...
That could work. It'll be interesting to see where COS will end up, I'd be surprised if he took the Italy job.

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 4877
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 26
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by Sin é on Sun 24 Jan 2016, 11:15 am

Leinster need to drop a few players so that they get the hunger back. What is quite laughable is what an easy ride they are getting in the press for that performance. Just shows what is wrong with having Denis o'Brien paying their wages.

Brian O'driscoll is an absolute disgrace of a pundit. It's easy to understand now why leinster under performed for years when you think of how critical Quinlan was when Munster performed poorly v. Stade -at least they tried!

Watch all attention being directed to Sexton's head injury.

Sin é

Posts : 12548
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by Pot Hale on Sun 24 Jan 2016, 11:28 am

Ah well, at least Connacht qualified for the knockouts by topping their pool.

Pot Hale

Posts : 4630
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 54
Location : Dublhkining

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by Pot Hale on Sun 24 Jan 2016, 11:33 am

Sin é wrote:Leinster need to drop a few players so that they get the hunger back. What is quite laughable is what an easy ride they are getting in the press for that performance. Just shows what is wrong with having  Denis o'Brien paying their wages.

Brian O'driscoll is an absolute disgrace of a pundit. It's easy to understand now why leinster under performed for years when you think of how critical Quinlan was when Munster performed poorly v. Stade -at least they tried!

Watch all attention being directed to Sexton's head injury.

I did notice that when O'Driscoll had finished eulogising the likes of Daly et al he was asked how did he think Leinster in the second half and he said they hadn't turned up at all and thought they were very poor. Dallaglio immediately came back with that it was because Wasps were so good and outplaying them everywhere.

The usual 'the only you're so bad is because we're so good' stuff from two ex-players from the respective teams.

O'Driscoll was right though. They were rank in the second half.

Pot Hale

Posts : 4630
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 54
Location : Dublhkining

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by mikey_dragon on Sun 24 Jan 2016, 11:47 am

wickedwasp wrote:Notch, fair enough.  I can be gracious..................................nope, sorry, I can't.

Seriously, I've been a Wasps fan for years, through the good times - Heineken Cups, and the bad times - near relegation, bankruptcy, etc.

How often does anybody do that to a class outfit like Leinster?

Let me be unbearably happy for a bit and then I'll shut up about it - promise angel

Some good points. And fair play to Wasps they are starting to look like the team that were once winning those European competitions (with a little help from a certain Sir Gatland, snigger). They were also unlucky to lose out in Toulon. Right now they're probably not far off Saracens and Racing, and if you play them in a KO game then anything could happen.

PS who is working with Dai Young on the coaching team? I'm just lining up candidates for Wales' next coaching team in my head Wink.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 4944
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by VinceWLB on Sun 24 Jan 2016, 11:57 am

Result has to be weighed up, that was nowhere near Leinster 1st choice team, they had their 4th choice props out in the 2nd half and a back row playing out of position at lock as well as an academy boy playing flyhalf, that plus the fact they had nothing to play for and a ref unwilling to ref basic rules of rugby gives you yesterday result.

VinceWLB

Posts : 3462
Join date : 2012-10-14

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by eirebilly on Sun 24 Jan 2016, 12:04 pm

Having nothing to play for has no bearing in games like these I feel. Every team wants to win every match.

Leinster fielded a decent side containing many Irish representatives. The only Leinster player out there that had a decent game was Fitz, he gave it his all and must be pushing Schmidt for the 11 shirt against Wales.

Heaslip was poor and if Stander has another good game then he should start at 8 against Wales (moving him to 6 to accommodate Heaslip would be a huge mistake in my eyes).

Likewise Rob Kearney, he is no clearly 2nd behind Payne for the Irish 15 shirt.

Just hop Sexton is ok, he has had far too many concussions in the last 18months. Must have question marks over his future in the game.

eirebilly

Posts : 20240
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 46
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by Sin é on Sun 24 Jan 2016, 4:15 pm

eirebilly wrote:Having nothing to play for has no bearing in games like these I feel. Every team wants to win every match.

Leinster fielded a decent side containing many Irish representatives. The only Leinster player out there that had a decent game was Fitz, he gave it his all and must be pushing Schmidt for the 11 shirt against Wales.

Heaslip was poor and if Stander has another good game then he should start at 8 against Wales (moving him to 6 to accommodate Heaslip would be a huge mistake in my eyes).

Likewise Rob Kearney, he is no clearly 2nd behind Payne for the Irish 15 shirt.

Just hop Sexton is ok, he has had far too many concussions in the last 18months. Must have question marks over his future in the game.

Plenty of breaks, no finishers. Ireland need players who can score tries, particularly against Wales.

How come Luke Fitz is not being blamed for Dave Kearney missing tackles? Shouldn't he be organising the defence?

Sin é

Posts : 12548
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by LeinsterFan4life on Sun 24 Jan 2016, 4:44 pm

Luke Fitz had to tackle for 3 players in the midfield as Reid and Marsh didn't really want to know when it came to tackling. We also had ZK in the backline who makes ROG look like a good tackler.

Fitz has been outstanding everytime he's been fit for Leinster, I don't see how he can be left out.

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 4877
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 26
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:23 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum