The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan to fight Alvarez for "155lb title".

+39
dublfcynwa
Herman Jaeger
TwisT
EX7EY
AdamT
huw
Atila
JohnPrescottsJab
BoxingFan88
Hands Of Stone
Mr Bounce
Jermaine2015
AZZJ44
jon200
DuransHorse
milkyboy
md_fan
catchweight
3fingers
kingraf
shenglong2015
Knowsit17
Coxy001
spencerclarke
Hammersmith harrier
mobilemaster8
Kareem61
hogey
Rodney
ONETWOFOREVER
Nico the gman
Pedro147
owen10ozzy
TopHat24/7
AlexHuckerby
Dipper Brown
ShahenshahG
hazharrison
JabMachineMK2
43 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Khan to fight Alvarez for "155lb title". - Page 3 Empty Khan to fight Alvarez for "155lb title".

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 02 Feb 2016, 5:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

https://twitter.com/AmirKingKhan/status/694566161271427072

Erm....doesn't Canelo hold the 160lb title?

Khan is going to get absolutely SPLATTERED here. There is literally no way he can win. Canelo can take a dig so Khans gonna have zero chance of a KO and lets face it, Alvarez will hit him, hard.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Khan to fight Alvarez for "155lb title". - Page 3 Empty Re: Khan to fight Alvarez for "155lb title".

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 03 Feb 2016, 8:54 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:Canelo is a crafty puncher though and only needs to tag Khan a few times you would think, over 12 rounds I can't see Khan surviving. Does anyone think if Khan won it would be up there with Turpin over Robbo considering the jump in weight etc? In terms of one of the biggest British achievements, it would definitely be one of the top in modern times no? Honeyghan over Curry sort of area?

...and Fury-Klit....?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Khan to fight Alvarez for "155lb title". - Page 3 Empty Re: Khan to fight Alvarez for "155lb title".

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 03 Feb 2016, 8:57 am

Jermaine2015 wrote:
For those crying about Canelo fighting at 155 and being the lineal middleweight champion, middleweight is from 155-160 so he's well within his rights to fight at 155.

Nobody has an issue with Canelo fighting at 155. It's that he stops his opponenet fighting at the MW limit of 160 that makes it a mockery and totally illegitimises his status as 'champion'.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 03 Feb 2016, 9:01 am

owen10ozzy wrote:Not a chance Hammersmith! I'll have to trawl through the threads because I'm extremely doubtful that so few wrote off Mayweather as good as he was!!

No. You've mistaken Truss going on and on and on and on about it, in his usual way to make Floyd's inevitable win look better, for lots of people suggesting PBF had bitten off more than he could chew. Strip out Truss' comments and the % falls a long way below 70.......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 03 Feb 2016, 9:21 am

huw wrote:So Khan fights the best fighter around his weight and gets grief....

This is a very brave move from Khan and any criticism should be directed at Canelo.

That being said Khan has the speed to trouble Canelo as long as he has worked a lot on his footwork. If he can time his moves forward and try to land with no more than 1-2 punches before getting on his bike the speed could keep him out of danger.

Just think Khan will need to show more than he ever has before with both footwork and ring intelligence, hopefully he's been working on this whilst he's not been active.

As has been pointed out though, it'll only take 1-2 clean shots from Canelo and you would expect Khan to struggle.

Agree that footwork is the key to Khan having a chance. Unfortunately, I don't see it as the strength of his game. It certainly isn't canelo's strength either, but you have to think that once he gets on a front foot March he's going to get Khan cornered, where khan's speed counts for nothing. And Canelo is bigger and stronger than the pressure fighters who've troubled him in the past.

Likelihood if he bulks up is khan's footwork will be worse (slower) rather than better.

I actually think brook might be better equipped to fight Canelo than Khan.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 03 Feb 2016, 9:32 am

Is Canelo a pressure fighter? Have I missed something??

Cotto, whilst not laying the famed 'blueprint' on beating Floyd, gave a pretty good indication as to how to best get at him. The best phonebox fighter of a generation can be overpowered up close and takes more shots than he used to under unrelenting pressure - but despite youth & size being Canelo's only real two advantages over Floyd, he never made them count and never exerted any pressure despite this looking like the only real prospect of a win.

He likes fighters that come at him in straight lines, hence looking good against Angulo and Kirkland but poor against Lara and Mayweather, that isn't the mark of a pressure fighter (like the sort that have troubled Khan).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Wed 03 Feb 2016, 9:52 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 03 Feb 2016, 9:52 am

Didn't say he was toppy. Neither was Algieri til he fought Khan. Canelo tried to pressure floyd because he had to, but couldn't get near him. He won't find Khan as elusive. That was my point. I made the point earlier that Canelo likes guys that come to him.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 03 Feb 2016, 9:54 am

milkyboy wrote:
huw wrote:So Khan fights the best fighter around his weight and gets grief....

This is a very brave move from Khan and any criticism should be directed at Canelo.

That being said Khan has the speed to trouble Canelo as long as he has worked a lot on his footwork. If he can time his moves forward and try to land with no more than 1-2 punches before getting on his bike the speed could keep him out of danger.

Just think Khan will need to show more than he ever has before with both footwork and ring intelligence, hopefully he's been working on this whilst he's not been active.

As has been pointed out though, it'll only take 1-2 clean shots from Canelo and you would expect Khan to struggle.

Agree that footwork is the key to Khan having a chance. Unfortunately, I don't see it as the strength of his game.  It certainly isn't canelo's strength either, but you have to think that once he gets on a front foot March he's going to get Khan cornered, where khan's speed counts for nothing. And Canelo is bigger and stronger than the pressure fighters who've troubled him in the past.

Likelihood if he bulks up is khan's footwork will be worse (slower) rather than better.

I actually think brook might be better equipped to fight Canelo than Khan.

Great call.

I think Canelo will stroll this. Julio Diaz had him all over the place merely by fighting a steady. methodical fight.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AZZJ44 Wed 03 Feb 2016, 10:08 am

Tophat's hit the nail on the head with regards Alvarez. He doesn't tend to stop fighters that he has to chase because that's not his game. He's always been a counter puncher. Someone needs to lead in fights against back foot boxers so he's tended to do it. He'll have to against Khan too.

Common sense says he'll catch up to Khan at some point but I think it'll be later in the fight rather than early. Canelo's stamina is pretty poor though so the longer it goes (obviously) the more chance Khan has of making it to the end of the 12th.

Khan may surprise a few but in an inevitable defeat by late ko or points.

AZZJ44

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 03 Feb 2016, 10:40 am

milkyboy wrote:Didn't say he was toppy. Neither was Algieri til he fought Khan. Canelo tried to pressure floyd because he had to, but couldn't get near him.  He won't find Khan as elusive. That was my point. I made the point earlier that Canelo likes guys that come to him.

Disagree. Not doubting Floyd laid on a masterclass, but in no way to Canelo pressure him, or even attempt to.

The idiot tried to outbox one of the world's best boxers! Cotto pressured Floyd, as did Maidana, Canelo has never shown he can exert consistent pressure on an opponent (by pressure I mean in your face brawler type) with high workrate.

Khan isn't elusive, agree, takes to many shots, agree, but Canelo isn't akin to the guys that have troubled Khan. Still think he'll get splattered, but if he can get some lateral movement into his game he's got a chance.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 03 Feb 2016, 11:04 am

We'll have to disagree on that toppy. I agree he didn't try and pressure him from the offset and was rightly ridiculed for his tactics. He stalked him without really putting pressure on... but he tried later on imo, He just couldn't do it. Pretty much everyone that sets out to pressure floyd finds he's too elusive to get your shots off and it makes it look like you're not doing much. Manny included.

Maidana just rushed and mauled floyd.., a pretty basic tactic that had surprising success. I'd agree Canelo didn't do that. Don't think he'll need to against Khan.

By the way, I don't think Khan has zero chance here... I just don't think he'll keep out of trouble.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 03 Feb 2016, 12:22 pm

I am only coming on here to give Khan praise. I have been a major critic of his. I will say by taking this fight, I am now a supporter and I really hope he pulls it off. Credit to him. I know it's a great pay day, but a risky fight, that takes balls.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 03 Feb 2016, 12:24 pm

Kareem61 wrote:Internet hard man Coxy? I don't recall threatening you or anyone else for that matter or at any point insinuating that I am "hard".

That word would be more apt to describe you when reading a BNP manifesto with your dick in your hand. You will now be joining AdamT on my for list.

I'm crying with shame. Please take me off your foe list.

You ridiculous pest!!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 03 Feb 2016, 12:35 pm

Coxy001 wrote:Careful Shenglong, Internet hard man Cream (whatever his alias is) will wish death upon you for saying something detrimental about Khan. Heck, I'll save him the trouble:

"Die you Khan hating, BNP flag waving, nazi tattooed Hitler"

Imagine going on the internet wishing someone to die. vvanker!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Wed 03 Feb 2016, 12:42 pm

Got to say fair play to Khan for taking this fight. No matter what everybody says about Khan he is anything but a ducker and he is genuinely looking for the big 'superfights' he keeps talking about. His lack of activity in what some may see are his peak years has been frustrating but it could work in his favour in the long run. He could get have many years left in him and avoid becoming shopworn in his early 30's which happens to a lot of fighters.

He's still fresh, relatively young. He doesn't even have to beat Canelo really. Get in there and put in a performance against a bigger guy at a weight you've never fought at before and it's happy days.

He can't be accused of ducking Brook anymore. When you look at the bigger picture what Khan has said about Brook makes sense. Khan genuinely wants the big fights. Brook is a champion and all he does is fight stiffs and call out a non champ in Khan. Brook - Porter, Dan, Gavin, Bizier / Khan - Collazo, Alexander, Algieri, Alvarez. Last four fights including both their next opponents.

Im not interested in hearing about mandatories. You can't have Frankie Gavin as a voluntary and then use mandatories as an excuse.

Fair play to Amir on this one. I havent read this thread but Im assuming the consensus is Canelo will walk though him. I actually think if Khan can box and move effectively he will cause Alvarez problems. No way he can end the fight inside the distance IMO and to get a points win he'll need to remove any doubt from the judges but I think he has a chance.

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 03 Feb 2016, 1:15 pm

EX7EY wrote:Got to say fair play to Khan for taking this fight.  No matter what everybody says about Khan he is anything but a ducker and he is genuinely looking for the big 'superfights' he keeps talking about. His lack of activity in what some may see are his peak years has been frustrating but it could work in his favour in the long run. He could get have many years left in him and avoid becoming shopworn in his early 30's which happens to a lot of fighters.

He's still fresh, relatively young. He doesn't even have to beat Canelo really. Get in there and put in a performance against a bigger guy at a weight you've never fought at before and it's happy days.

He can't be accused of ducking Brook anymore. When you look at the bigger picture what Khan has said about Brook makes sense. Khan genuinely wants the big fights. Brook is a champion and all he does is fight stiffs and call out a non champ in Khan. Brook - Porter, Dan, Gavin, Bizier / Khan - Collazo, Alexander, Algieri, Alvarez. Last four fights including both their next opponents.

Im not interested in hearing about mandatories. You can't have Frankie Gavin as a voluntary and then use mandatories as an excuse.

Fair play to Amir on this one. I havent read this thread but Im assuming the consensus is Canelo will walk though him. I actually think if Khan can box and move effectively he will cause Alvarez problems. No way he can end the fight inside the distance IMO and to get a points win he'll need to remove any doubt from the judges but I think he has a chance.

I agree ref: Brook. Khan's team had to be working on this (you'd imagine) throughout all the recent Brook hullaballoo.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Wed 03 Feb 2016, 1:22 pm

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say I think Khan will make a real good fight of this (not quite brave enough to say he wins). Deserves massive respect and credit for taking this and I still think that whatever the outcome, he schools Brook further down the line.

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 03 Feb 2016, 1:47 pm

The fact Khan has taken this fight, has made me a fan again. I hope he pulls this off. However I have to be rational. Canelo Ko middle rounds. Khan will be competitive early, but Canelo is too big, too strong.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 03 Feb 2016, 1:57 pm

I have just been reading through the thread after hearing about the bout, and I remember threads on Fury v Klit being discussed too, where most guys said that Fury didn't have a chance (correct me if I am wrong). Are people making the same mistake or is this more of a longshot than Fury winning?

I am not knowledgeable enough to make a prediction either way but if Khan has the right game plan (whatever you guys think it should be) and the fabled "punchers chance" then he could pull it off?

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Wed 03 Feb 2016, 2:08 pm

TwisT wrote:I have just been reading through the thread after hearing about the bout, and I remember threads on Fury v Klit being discussed too, where most guys said that Fury didn't have a chance (correct me if I am wrong). Are people making the same mistake or is this more of a longshot than Fury winning?

I am not knowledgeable enough to make a prediction either way but if Khan has the right game plan (whatever you guys think it should be) and the fabled "punchers chance" then he could pull it off?

It's always possible Twis, just like it's possible that Shrewsbury Town might beat Man Utd in the next round of the FA Cup and then go on to destroy Arsenal in the final. Khan like Shrewsbury Town is a long shot. I'd like to be wrong, but logic says that Canelo is the favourite and the most likely winner.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 03 Feb 2016, 2:38 pm

Khan gets his retirement fight, a bumper payday he doesn't deserve , has t earned, ran from light welter, ran from the top welterweights. But that was always the plan anyone could see that.

Shame on Canelo picking on a small light-punching welterweight. He really does like picking out smaller fighters.

Still looking on the bright side , I think Khan has more chance of doing a hit and run job on Canelo than he did against Brook whom he had zero chance with imo.

Thing is though when Khan starts to tire , I don't think he's going to like Canelo's body shots just one little bit. Could be a painful night.

If Khan pulled off a miracle though , one thing is certain. He wouldn't ever fight Brook no matter what kind of money is on the table. Ridiculous but true I'm afraid. But of course, if Khan gets annihilated , this I think will be his last fight.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Wed 03 Feb 2016, 2:58 pm

Are you Ryan Rhodes?

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 03 Feb 2016, 3:17 pm

Kareem61 wrote:Are you Ryan Rhodes?

Are you Shah Khan??

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 03 Feb 2016, 3:18 pm

Atila wrote:
TwisT wrote:I have just been reading through the thread after hearing about the bout, and I remember threads on Fury v Klit being discussed too, where most guys said that Fury didn't have a chance (correct me if I am wrong). Are people making the same mistake or is this more of a longshot than Fury winning?

It's always possible Twis, just like it's possible that Shrewsbury Town might beat Man Utd in the next round of the FA Cup and then go on to destroy Arsenal in the final. Khan like Shrewsbury Town is a long shot. I'd like to be wrong, but logic says that Canelo is the favourite and the most likely winner.

I think with Fury, we hadn't seen him box to the level he rose to against Klitschko. He didn't seem capable of boxing that well over 12 rounds.

With Khan, we know he can fight. He's quick, athletic and has a good engine. We also know his chin is brittle, his defence fairly poor and he can be drawn into a fight (his footwork is also pretty poor). Though he claims he'll weigh 165 come fight night, Canelo will be at his optimum fighting weight c170. At some point, you'd figure that Canelo will land and lay Khan out. If he can overpower Cotto (who had a bit of form above 147) then he should do the same to Khan.

Khan, like Fury, is a lively underdog.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 03 Feb 2016, 3:18 pm

How did you know could you tell that by my voice haha?

Seriously Kareem I know you're a fan of the lad but his pit a pat flurries are going to bounce of Canelo like confetti. It's going to be a long night imo.

How do you see him winning? I'm torn. Half of me wants to see him win, half of me wants to see him poleaxed for ducking Brook? But what has Khan got that can trouble Canelo?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Wed 03 Feb 2016, 3:19 pm

What nonsense are you talking Herman? Zero chance against Brook? Lol.

I wouldnt even use Brooks record to wipe my ar$e with if I was Amir Khan. Khans record dumps on Brooks all day and Brook is currently doing zero to enhance it.

Am I the only one who doesnt actually care about Brook V Khan? I really don't.

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 03 Feb 2016, 3:21 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:How did you know could you tell that by my voice haha?

Seriously Kareem I know you're a fan of the lad but his pit a pat flurries are going to bounce of Canelo like confetti. It's going to be a long night imo.

How do you see him winning?  I'm torn. Half of me wants to see him win, half of me wants to see him poleaxed for ducking Brook? But what has Khan got that can trouble Canelo?

Hater Cool

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Wed 03 Feb 2016, 3:22 pm

hazharrison wrote:
Atila wrote:

I think with Fury, we hadn't seen him box to the level he rose to against Klitschko. He didn't seem capable of boxing that well over 12 rounds.

With Khan, we know he can fight. He's quick, athletic and has a good engine. We also know his chin is brittle, his defence fairly poor and he can be drawn into a fight (his footwork is also pretty poor). Though he claims he'll weigh 165 come fight night, Canelo will be at his optimum fighting weight c170. At some point, you'd figure that Canelo will land and lay Khan out. If he can overpower Cotto (who had a bit of form above 147) then he should do the same to Khan.

Have to disagree on this and I think this is one of Khan's problems. He always seems to fade as a fight goes on. Not necessarily fall apart but his concentration and speed seem to be lost after the first few rounds. I can't remember which fighter said it but they said after the few few rounds that there were no power in his punches. Maybe it was a hydration issue.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 03 Feb 2016, 3:23 pm

Pedro147 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:
Atila wrote:

Have to disagree on this and I think this is one of Khan's problems. He always seems to fade as a fight goes on. Not necessarily fall apart but his concentration and speed seem to be lost after the first few rounds. I can't remember which fighter said it but they said after the few few rounds that there were no power in his punches. Maybe it was a hydration issue.

You might be right - I was thinking of him rattling off those combinations. His concentration is awful so you could be onto something.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Wed 03 Feb 2016, 3:24 pm

I must have missed something somewhere I think. Because im trying to remember the defining fight(s) that have made Brook v Khan this mouth watering clash everyone is expecting. Maybe his epic saga with Carson jones, haha. Or his domination of the mighty Frankie Gavin, ha. Porter was a good win for Brook but did he look outstanding? Not for me I'm afraid.

Its all British and they've had a bit of a slanging match over the last few years.....Hearn does love to instigate these all British bad blood clashes. Thats about it.

Brook has done a stellar job of talking up a fight with Amir, inbetween fighting stiffs of course. But lets not forget he did get stabbed so that gives him a pass to fight nobodies until Amir Khan agrees to fight,

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Wed 03 Feb 2016, 3:35 pm

I'm not saying that Khan is going to win Herman but I'm optimistic that he's had enough time with Virgil to have tightened up that defence and smartened up with regards to following a plan.

I really believe that he will give a good account of himself and think he can only be given plaudits for taking this fight. How he can be accused of ducking Brook is beyond me.

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Wed 03 Feb 2016, 3:38 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:Khan gets his retirement fight, a bumper payday he doesn't deserve , has t earned, ran from light welter, ran from the top welterweights. But that was always the plan anyone could see that.

Shame on Canelo picking on a small light-punching welterweight. He really does like picking out smaller fighters.

Still looking on the bright side , I think Khan has more chance of doing a hit and run job on Canelo than he did against Brook whom he had zero chance with imo.

Thing is though when Khan starts to tire , I don't think he's going to like Canelo's body shots just one little bit. Could be a painful night.

If Khan pulled off a miracle though , one thing is certain. He wouldn't ever fight Brook no matter what kind of money is on the table. Ridiculous but true I'm afraid. But of course, if Khan gets annihilated , this I think will be his last fight.

If Khan does pull of the miracle and beats Canelo, then yes, it's very unlikely that he'd face Brook. There'd be more money offered for a rematch with Canelo, possibilities of fights with Mayweather and Pacquiao maybe even a fight with Cotto. It's hard to imagine that he could win this fight and still be criticized for not fighting Kelly "Mr. Ten years to fight for a world title" Brook.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Feb 2016, 3:42 pm

EX7EY wrote:I must have missed something somewhere I think. Because im trying to remember the defining fight(s) that have made Brook v Khan this mouth watering clash everyone is expecting. Maybe his epic saga with Carson jones, haha. Or his domination of the mighty Frankie Gavin, ha. Porter was a good win for Brook but did he look outstanding? Not for me I'm afraid.

Its all British and they've had a bit of a slanging match over the last few years.....Hearn does love to instigate these all British bad blood clashes. Thats about it.

Brook has done a stellar job of talking up a fight with Amir, inbetween fighting stiffs of course. But lets not forget he did get stabbed so that gives him a pass to fight nobodies until Amir Khan agrees to fight,
Khan felled the mighty MAB, took on the highly dangerous Kotelnik, Salita, Irish numpty whose name escapes me, then gets done by Peterson and Garcia and has feasted on badly faded 2nd tier fighters like Alexander and Collazo (who made his name in the Hatton fight a million years ago). He's been inactive for ages and struggled in a couple of recent fights whilst Brook went and finally got himself a World title. Khan reckons it's an easy night's work against Brook but for some reason doesn't want it. He's been made to look a c*nt waiting for both Floyd and Manny and STILL turned down a fight with Brook. All credit to him for taking the fight with Canelo, if he wins it's arguably the best win of his career but there's far too much negativity around Brook for wanting to fight Khan. There's been arguments for ages about who would beat who and now is perhaps the ideal time to see who's the best and STILL it looks unlikely to happen and there's only ONE person out of the two who doesn't fancy it.

Shades of Hatton/Witter with their constant slanging and it's a mark against Hatton that he never put the issue to bed. Marks against Khan would be not immediately rematching Prescott, waiting four years to rematch Garcia and now shouting loudly about being better than Brook without actually getting in the ring to end the argument. By the time they do get it on it will be as meaningless as SRL/Duran III. Amir's talked a good fight but lets not forget he did used to spar with Manny so that gives him a pass to f*rt ar$e around until he agrees eventually to fight Brook.

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Wed 03 Feb 2016, 3:49 pm

Paper chump V Cardboard chin. I hope Khan wins just so I can see De La Hoya crying but Khan could get killed if Canelo connects with his chin. I'm not a Khan fan at all but he has shown some balls by taking this fight.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Feb 2016, 3:50 pm

dublfcynwa wrote:Paper chump V Cardboard chin. I hope Khan wins just so I can see De La Hoya crying but Khan could get killed if Canelo connects with his chin. I'm not a Khan fan at all but he has shown some balls by taking this fight.
Which is bizarrely at odds with him not having the balls to fight Brook

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 03 Feb 2016, 3:51 pm

Irish numpty Dave? You say I'm not nice. You pathetic racist!!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 03 Feb 2016, 4:06 pm

AdamT wrote:Irish numpty Dave? You say I'm not nice. You pathetic racist!!

Where is the racist line ? Sick to death of the word racism bandied about these days its absolutely pathetic.
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 03 Feb 2016, 4:08 pm

It is a joke, except for the bit about him not being nice. McCloskey being an Irish numpty is similar to him being a scouse vvanker.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 03 Feb 2016, 4:10 pm

AdamT wrote:It is a joke, except for the bit about him not being nice. McCloskey being an Irish numpty is similar to him being a scouse vvanker.

Ok mate - sorry
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 03 Feb 2016, 4:10 pm

No need to be sorry Smile

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Wed 03 Feb 2016, 4:11 pm

AdamT wrote:No need to be sorry Smile
Racist!

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 03 Feb 2016, 4:12 pm

I am racist, I hate white Irish...... Oh can I start again! Shocked

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Wed 03 Feb 2016, 4:18 pm

I actually thought he was referring to Khan's fight against Oisin Fagan Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Wed 03 Feb 2016, 5:28 pm

Pedro147 wrote:I actually thought he was referring to Khan's fight against Oisin Fagan Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

Nagh the robbery against McCloskey where it was stopped for nothing? There was a scrape on his head and the referee deemed this to be too bad to continue.

It was a joke fight during that really dodgy period in Khans career where he was getting all sorts of easy title fights and strange wins for no reason.

Almost like they wanted him to do well to sell him in America or something, is was all weird stuff.

Anyway on with the tunnel visioned and rose tinted view of his past.......

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 03 Feb 2016, 5:29 pm

The talk is always about Khan's hand and foot speed, but he always seems to get caught, you would hardly call Garcia and Maidana fleet of foot, but Garcia was able to catch and stop Khan, and Maidana had Khan hanging on.

Canelo will be a stone heavier than Khan when they enter the ring,and throwing middleweight punches, I fancy this could end within 6 rounds, Khan has nothing in his armoury to keep Canelo away.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 03 Feb 2016, 6:10 pm

If Canelo connects with something big I'm genuinely worried for Khan's safety.. Honestly.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 03 Feb 2016, 7:21 pm

EX7EY wrote:What nonsense are you talking Herman? Zero chance against Brook? Lol.

I wouldnt even use Brooks record to wipe my ar$e with if I was Amir Khan. Khans record dumps on Brooks all day and Brook is currently doing zero to enhance it.

Am I the only one who doesnt actually care about Brook V Khan? I really don't.

Fortunately fights aren't fought on paper, Khan may have better wins than Brook but as far as i'm concerned he'd most likely lose.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 03 Feb 2016, 8:03 pm

Alvarez is going to be a stuck in the mud compared compared to a lot of the boxers Khan has faced. He is pretty one paced, not much of a jab and doesnt throw very many punches. He doesnt like wasting punches and from what I have seen tends to fight to a pretty methodical strategy based around only throwing punches he is very confident of landing but putting plenty into those shots. I think he could struggle to find range against Khan who will certainly have him for speed. Its hard to see Khan being able absorb the kind of meaty shots Alvarez favours though and it would take a brave man to bet against him at Caneloweight with his banker judges in the event the fight did actually go to the cards.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hands Of Stone Wed 03 Feb 2016, 8:25 pm

And what fleet footed fighters have Khan beaten again...........

Hands Of Stone

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 03 Feb 2016, 8:27 pm

Plenty more fleet footed than Alvarez.........

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next