The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daniel Bryan - He's done!

+16
nadeem2099
Mr H
owen10ozzy
davidl1061
Fernando
Holymiky
The_Enigma
Brilliant_yep
TwisT
Dolphin Ziggler
Dr Gregory House MD
Crimey
Samo
TheCultOfPersonality
NickisBHAFC
Kay Fabe
20 posters

Go down

Daniel Bryan - He's done! Empty Daniel Bryan - He's done!

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 9 Feb - 5:28

Announced his retirement on Twitter effective immediately, doubt he'll hang them up for good butnhe's wrestled his last match in WWE...official announcement tonight.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Daniel Bryan - He's done! Empty Re: Daniel Bryan - He's done!

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 9 Feb - 5:29

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Please be a work. Please please please.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCultOfPersonality Tue 9 Feb - 5:34

So WWE finally gets the likes of Styles, Joe, Owens and Balor and now Daniel Bryan is forced* to retire. That sucks man.

TheCultOfPersonality

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 9 Feb - 5:46

I have never wanted to be swerved so much in all my life.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 9 Feb - 5:49

Gutted. I think he's "retiring" to get out of his contract.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 9 Feb - 5:51

Very sad news if true, best worker of the 2000s for my money

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 9 Feb - 5:53

Very big shame. Would love it to be a work. I'd love it if it was to set up a match, someone taking him out to start a comeback feud with a dastardly heel.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 9 Feb - 6:00

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Very big shame. Would love it to be a work. I'd love it if it was to set up a match, someone taking him out to start a comeback feud with a dastardly heel.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking.....FELLA!

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 9 Feb - 6:01

Hoping it's a work, but more likely Bryan thinks his fit and WWE don't. So only way he can get out of his contact.

I wish him all the best in his future and evers

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 9 Feb - 6:04

I did read on Facebook today someone saying that if Vince wouldn't clear Bryan he should go to NXT and wrestle Nakamura...this children is why you should never read wrestling Facebook groups

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Brilliant_yep Tue 9 Feb - 6:45

He comes out tonight,announces his retirement
*BONG*
NOBODY RETIRES WITHOUT FACING ME

Bryan v Taker

Or he just retires and I weep a little,whatever.

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 9 Feb - 7:51

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Very big shame. Would love it to be a work. I'd love it if it was to set up a match, someone taking him out to start a comeback feud with a dastardly heel.

I was thinking this. Kevin Owens isn't up to much at the moment. You could really push Owens as a huge heel, Bryan comes down to retire with Bre and Owens comes down acting genuine hugs Bryan, says he respects him bla bla bla and then just attacks him and power bombs him on the side of the ring.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Tue 9 Feb - 8:40

Such a shame! Even though it's worst case scenario from a WWE standpoint, I'm sure he's pleased that this situation is no longer in limbo and he can finally move forward with whatever he decides to do next. I'm sure he will be more than welcome to return home if he decides he's not finished yet.

Selfishly I'm hoping there's a little more to his announcement tonight and this will ignite a short feud where he can say his goodbyes the same way the likes of Ric Flair, HBK and Edge went out.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue 9 Feb - 8:42

Excuse my ignorance on information but is he in a position do you think financially to retire or is he going to retire to another company so to speak? Either way good luck to him.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 9 Feb - 10:07

If he has to see out his contract he'll be set for life tbh Miky.

Certainly doesn't seem a work. Fav tweet so far

@FightOwensFight 53 minutes ago
The respect I have for you is unmeasurable. You were good to Generico and I when you didn’t have to be…
#BestInTheWorld #ThankYouDanielBryan

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 9 Feb - 21:59

Based on his speech on RAW I would say he's done for good and its not just a way to get out of his WWE contract. Im sure WWE will offer him employment in some other capacity if he doesnt move on.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Tue 9 Feb - 22:23

Could he work at the performance centre as a trainer?

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 9 Feb - 23:25

Sad to see him go but glad he's getting out whilst he can with his health relatively in tact. Not much will ever top his spectactular run to the World Title and Mania moment just a shame he never really had a chance to rubber stamp that moment further.

Playing devils advocate however; what do with think his lasting legacy will be? Many former and current wrestlers spoke about him breaking down the barriers for small guys in the wwe who didn't have that look....(personally CM Punk began that movement he just continued it)...did he do that and was it enough to push the WWE away from the E and a little more to the W?

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 10 Feb - 0:08

I'm going to get killed for this.

I know I'm in the minority, but I was never totally invested in Bryan. He always seemed to me like a midcarder punching above his weight and dare I say he rode on the back of a successful chant into the Wrestlemania Main Event. I've said it before - he wouldn't have been as popular if it wasn't for the 'Yes' chant.

There's no denying his wrestling ability and he deserves the recognition he's receiving but for me he's definitely over-achieved in his WWE career. Kudos to the guy...

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 10 Feb - 0:29

As soon as Owens broke kayfabe I knew it was over

Bryan is easily one of my favorite wrestlers of all time, and one of the best as well, I hope he's happy whatever he ends up doing and he could be a great addition to WWE in whatever capacity they choose to use him be it trainer, agent or even commentary (personally I think him and Mauro would have great chemistry)

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Wed 10 Feb - 0:29

That promo was epic as Frak. "That's what she said" by the crowd was funny.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 10 Feb - 1:01

Mr H wrote:I'm going to get killed for this.

I know I'm in the minority, but I was never totally invested in Bryan. He always seemed to me like a midcarder punching above his weight and dare I say he rode on the back of a successful chant into the Wrestlemania Main Event. I've said it before - he wouldn't have been as popular if it wasn't for the 'Yes' chant.

There's no denying his wrestling ability and he deserves the recognition he's receiving but for me he's definitely over-achieved in his WWE career. Kudos to the guy...

I have to respectfully disagree. The chant started as a way to get heel heat, and I think it was his great run with Kane and the Tag Titles that helped put him over.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 10 Feb - 5:28

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:As soon as Owens broke kayfabe I knew it was over

Bryan is easily one of my favorite wrestlers of all time, and one of the best as well, I hope he's happy whatever he ends up doing and he could be a great addition to WWE in whatever capacity they choose to use him be it trainer, agent or even commentary (personally I think him and Mauro would have great chemistry)
DB broke Kay Fabe well before Owens... Yikes

Last edited by Kay Fabe on Wed 10 Feb - 5:34; edited 1 time in total

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 10 Feb - 5:33

Mr H wrote:I'm going to get killed for this.

Most people would be midcarders if they can't connect with the fans, Bryan did that, he had all the talent in the World and was always capable of having an audiance in the palm of his hands, all he needed was a hook to get people invested in him, he got it, it wasn't a fluke though, he did it initially to get heat, the whole "No" chant was hilarious at times, inevitably it was always going to turn to YES chants when he was going to turn face.

Remember, the fans were so behind him that it was them who more or less turner him face on the back of the crap way they took the title off him at Mania 28

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr_Uzeboo Wed 10 Feb - 7:36

I guess the one positive is that it looks as though wrestling is taking the concussion issue seriously.

Reports have suggested Bryan had been cleared by independent physicians. Whether this is true or not, it seems WWE were not prepared to take a huge risk at a time when they need him the most.

Punk quitting & giving any number of "I worked hurt for years" and "I could've died" interviews were the kind of high profile stories the industry didn't need repeated.

Dr_Uzeboo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Wed 10 Feb - 8:28

Loved watching this guy wrestle, but nothings more important than your health. Plus being married to Brie isn't too bad a retirement Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 10 Feb - 20:13

Dr_Uzeboo wrote:I guess the one positive is that it looks as though wrestling is taking the concussion issue seriously.

Reports have suggested Bryan had been cleared by independent physicians. Whether this is true or not, it seems WWE were not prepared to take a huge risk at a time when they need him the most.

Punk quitting & giving any number of "I worked hurt for years" and "I could've died" interviews were the kind of high profile stories the industry didn't need repeated.

Don't look too much into it, if it wasn't Daniel Bryan, he'd be back by now. He was too high profile of a star to risk. Tommy Dreamer was recently cleared to wrestle despite having a much worse history than Daniel Bryan. There will be plenty more in the same position. Daniel Bryan has been scapegoated I feel because of his fame outside of the wrestling world. Whilst being sued for not dealing with concussions and the media furore growing over it in other sports, having a big name they can use as an example is fantastic for WWE. I don't think for one second this means they've started to care more about their wrestlers' health.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 11 Feb - 1:54

Bryan’s doctors have been able to document 10 of his concussions, but he’s probably had more than that since it’s hard to document them all or even define what a concussion is.

His recent EEG brain scan revealed some [brain function] slowing and “a small subacute or chronic lesion” on the area of the brain responsible for causing seizures. In fact, he’s been suffering from post-concussion seizures that he’s been keeping quiet about for a long time. He’s glad this latest test revealed why he’s been suffering the seizures and doctors are confident he should be okay in the long time.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Sat 20 Feb - 20:51

May be one for the resident Doctor but with the types of brain injury that Daniel suffered is it lasting, permanent damage or the type of exposure that eventually heals with significant rest?

The question of whether or not he could have a farewell match in 5-10 years time would naturally be raised but I was also interested from there POV of his long term health...?

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 20 Feb - 23:32

The fact that it says "Subacute or chronic" means that the doctors don't actually know how long its been there for, ergo they don't know if its temporary or not, but brain lesions are never a good thing.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down