The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A cry for help

+11
George1507
golfermartin
hend085
MontysMerkin
raycastleunited
Nay
Roller_Coaster
Hibbz
pedro
McLaren
Yet_Another_Shank
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A cry for help - Page 2 Empty A cry for help

Post by Yet_Another_Shank Wed 10 Feb 2016, 2:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

I have been a keen follower of this forum for a number of years now but have rarely contributed. I have always been impressed by the depth of knowledge displayed and I am now wondering if any of you can help me out with a certain dilemma I am facing? Essentially I am currently a third year Maths student with the intention of basing my analysis project on golf. In order to complete this Project I require the total attendance figures for the four championship days of the Open Championship from 1980-2015.

However after searching high and low I am struggling to find these figures. It is easy to find figures for random years but a complete list seems to be hard to come by. I have attempted to obtain them from the R&A but after a number of telephone calls/emails I have gotten nowhere. The only thing I have managed to get from them is the fact that the attendance figures are published in the Open annual after every championship. However being a student I am fairly reluctant to shell out £16. Therefore I am wondering if any of you well informed folk maybe able to provide me with the figures or at least point me in the right direction? I would be extremely grateful as this is fairly important to my project! Cheers.

Yet_Another_Shank

Back to top Go down

A cry for help - Page 2 Empty Re: A cry for help

Post by raycastleunited Mon 15 Feb 2016, 11:54 am

Bob_the_Job wrote:

My theory....

OP is actually carrying out a study on message boards to see how easy it is to get posters to waste far too much time debating things that don't really matter or for which they aren't actually qualified Doh

Isn't that what message boards are for? I would call that a theorem not a theory!

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 15 Feb 2016, 11:59 am

I'm sure they're available but I couldn't easily find them without signing up for specific reports. Regardless, by the time you get to 2007/2008 the economic catastrophe associated with the Dubya Depression trumps other factors in the U.S., but you're right, an annual comparison for 25 years would be useful. Certainly the top commercial echelons of "golf" continue at a high level/plateau.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Mon 15 Feb 2016, 12:05 pm

kwinigolfer wrote: trumps

Don't say that word three times or he'll appear.. as US President.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 15 Feb 2016, 12:10 pm

Maybe Shanks is hoping to get a job at the Troll Research Station
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content