Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Wed 10 Feb 2016, 2:51 pm

First topic message reminder :

With Warburton, I can only conclude that they like him as captain because of how he deals with referees. He's very respectful towards them.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 21221
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 38
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down


Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Wed 11 May 2016, 3:14 pm

The point is that this 'players coming from winning sides' thing didn't seem to apply last season when the Blues were sh!te, their players were selected regardless. I'm not saying the Wales team should be full of Dragons players, by the way, it's the principle of it. If a player in one struggling team is just plain better than his counterpart in another, better team, surely you'd want to pick the better player regardless?

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 21221
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 38
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Steffan on Wed 11 May 2016, 3:23 pm

It's pretty obvious that Gatland has his favourite players so I wouldn't say it's just a Dragons thing. James Hook could win every trophy possible and still not get picked

Steffan

Posts : 7369
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Wed 11 May 2016, 3:34 pm

Hook is yesterday's man.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 21221
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 38
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by GavinDragon on Wed 11 May 2016, 3:42 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:The point is that this 'players coming from winning sides' thing didn't seem to apply last season when the Blues were sh!te, their players were selected regardless. I'm not saying the Wales team should be full of Dragons players, by the way, it's the principle of it. If a player in one struggling team is just plain better than his counterpart in another, better team, surely you'd want to pick the better player regardless?

Has it ever been any different? Remember Prydie being plucked from absolutely nowhere to start vs Italy even though we had players at the time (Will Harries, Adam Hughes) who were outplaying him (and in the case of the latter have proven to be better players than him)

GavinDragon

Posts : 2493
Join date : 2011-05-03
Age : 30
Location : Monmouthshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Steffan on Wed 11 May 2016, 3:43 pm

Agreed but it's clear that Gatland preferes certain players over others

Alex Cuthbert being the main one

Steffan

Posts : 7369
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by munkian on Wed 11 May 2016, 3:48 pm

Kingsley Jones confirmed as head coach, DOR position scrapped.

Hopefully they'll spend Lyn's wages on some reliable supporting coaches.

munkian

Posts : 6441
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 35
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by GavinDragon on Wed 11 May 2016, 3:56 pm

Yes that would be the hope! TBH, for a one year stop gap, why not pick up a greg woods and or richie rees from the prem.

GavinDragon

Posts : 2493
Join date : 2011-05-03
Age : 30
Location : Monmouthshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Wed 11 May 2016, 3:57 pm

GavinDragon wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:The point is that this 'players coming from winning sides' thing didn't seem to apply last season when the Blues were sh!te, their players were selected regardless. I'm not saying the Wales team should be full of Dragons players, by the way, it's the principle of it. If a player in one struggling team is just plain better than his counterpart in another, better team, surely you'd want to pick the better player regardless?

Has it ever been any different? Remember Prydie being plucked from absolutely nowhere to start vs Italy even though we had players at the time (Will Harries, Adam Hughes) who were outplaying him (and in the case of the latter have proven to be better players than him)

No it's not new, I just don't quite understand it. I get the whole 'winning culture' thing, but I don't know how that can trump actual playing ability. If playing for a winning team was the deciding factor, then you wouldn't bother with 'XV of the tournament / season', you'd just name the team that won it. The only nominees for player of the season would come from the winning team.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 21221
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 38
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by mikey_dragon on Wed 11 May 2016, 9:59 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/36268152

Kingsley staying, but we suspected that anyway. No DOR next season, but hopefully some decent specialist coaches to help out.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 4944
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave on Wed 11 May 2016, 10:30 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:So you face a team as low as you in the league, both with nothing to play for and you're bragging about nilling them in the 2nd half? If that's not desperately clutching at straws then I don't know what is.
I'm also unsure as to why you're mentioning North's form? It's not like Wales can put out a team of 15 George Norths...

Me brag about Cardiff? Steady on. I knock 'em more often than not.
I mentioned North for a larf coz he's Welsh and you brought up the Welsh thing.
Anyway, hope not-Newport sort their stuff and sign up a host of class acts which will put the willies up the Pieman and urge him to further improve the quality of the beef content at the Arms Park.

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 5988
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by GavinDragon on Thu 12 May 2016, 12:01 pm

http://www.newportgwentdragons.com/News/Article/44862/dragons-supporters-club-update

GavinDragon

Posts : 2493
Join date : 2011-05-03
Age : 30
Location : Monmouthshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by LordDowlais on Thu 12 May 2016, 4:36 pm

Craig Mitchell and Sam Hobbs are signing for Dragons then.

LordDowlais

Posts : 10142
Join date : 2011-05-18
Age : 39
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by GavinDragon on Thu 12 May 2016, 4:51 pm

That was announced a month or so ago LD

GavinDragon

Posts : 2493
Join date : 2011-05-03
Age : 30
Location : Monmouthshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by PhilBB on Thu 12 May 2016, 4:55 pm

GavinDragon wrote:That was announced a month or so ago LD

Why have you protected your tweets?

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by LordDowlais on Thu 12 May 2016, 4:56 pm

GavinDragon wrote:That was announced a month or so ago LD


Sorry, just saw it officially announced by Cardiff today, along with Gareth Davies going to Merthyr and about 9-10 others who are leaving the region.

LordDowlais

Posts : 10142
Join date : 2011-05-18
Age : 39
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by GavinDragon on Thu 12 May 2016, 5:02 pm

PhilBB wrote:
GavinDragon wrote:That was announced a month or so ago LD

Why have you protected your tweets?

Long story. But does this mean that you can't respond now?

GavinDragon

Posts : 2493
Join date : 2011-05-03
Age : 30
Location : Monmouthshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by PhilBB on Thu 12 May 2016, 5:03 pm

GavinDragon wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
GavinDragon wrote:That was announced a month or so ago LD

Why have you protected your tweets?

Long story. But does this mean that you can't respond now?

I can't see them. Do I have to beg to read them, or something?

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by GavinDragon on Thu 12 May 2016, 5:04 pm

Not at all. But I had wondered why I hadn't had any responses when I had tweeted you. You usually come back with a riposte or two.

In fact had you even been getting the notifications that I had tweeted you?

GavinDragon

Posts : 2493
Join date : 2011-05-03
Age : 30
Location : Monmouthshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by PhilBB on Thu 12 May 2016, 5:05 pm

GavinDragon wrote:Not at all. But I had wondered why I hadn't had any responses when I had tweeted you. You usually come back with a riposte or two.

In fact had you even been getting the notifications that I had tweeted you?

Beg has been sent.

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by GavinDragon on Wed 18 May 2016, 6:27 am

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/14498373.Dragons_region_has_potential_for__big_things___says_Gough/

GavinDragon

Posts : 2493
Join date : 2011-05-03
Age : 30
Location : Monmouthshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by munkian on Wed 18 May 2016, 8:43 am

GavinDragon wrote:http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/14498373.Dragons_region_has_potential_for__big_things___says_Gough/

Didn't Lyn say something along the same lines when he started with us 'I will awaken the sleeping giant that is Gwent' Shocked


munkian

Posts : 6441
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 35
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by George Carlin on Wed 18 May 2016, 8:46 am

Tovey gets a two year deal with Edinburgh and pretty much everyone up there is delighted about that. Will be very interesting to see how he kicks on as he will be behind a very good pack next season.

George Carlin
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 12848
Join date : 2011-06-23
Location : United Arab Emirates

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by munkian on Wed 18 May 2016, 8:47 am

George Carlin wrote:Tovey gets a two year deal with Edinburgh and pretty much everyone up there is delighted about that. Will be very interesting to see how he kicks on as he will be behind a very good pack next season.

He can blow hot and cold in our experience but otherwise I reckon he should do well OK

munkian

Posts : 6441
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 35
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by PhilBB on Wed 18 May 2016, 8:47 am

George Carlin wrote:Tovey gets a two year deal with Edinburgh and pretty much everyone up there is delighted about that. Will be very interesting to see how he kicks on as he will be behind a very good pack next season.

Just to remind you: he got homesick in Cardiff.

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Stone Motif on Wed 18 May 2016, 9:29 am

PhilBB wrote:
George Carlin wrote:Tovey gets a two year deal with Edinburgh and pretty much everyone up there is delighted about that. Will be very interesting to see how he kicks on as he will be behind a very good pack next season.

Just to remind you: he got homesick in Cardiff.

Really? I'd heard we actively went out of our way to bring him back, possibly to exact some sort of revenge on him for going to Carduff by making him second choice to Doris or even worse partnering him with Luc

Stone Motif

Posts : 1885
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by RiscaGame on Wed 18 May 2016, 11:54 am

All this hot and cold nonsense is a bit guff for me. I feel like I've already done it to death now, but just to say again if he had not been messed about as much to cater for Kingsley Jr or to try and justify Lyn Jr playing 9 he could maybe have looked better to some. As it is/was he's still the best ten we had.

Edinburgh (a better side comfortably) are happy with him and seemingly so are their fans.

As for this homesick at Cardiff, I'd question how that's possible. I haven't heard that. He did want to return to NGD pretty early, but that was because of having the misfortune of working with Tulip in part and also the prospect of working with Lyp was attractive at the time, particularly given the fact Lyp was seemingly good for our attack during his short spell with us. But with the way things have ended for him this time, I doubt he'll be "homesick" this time. If anything Edinburgh won't be far enough away from the Nepotistic Gwent Dragons.

RiscaGame

Posts : 1006
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave on Thu 19 May 2016, 10:44 pm

Robin Davey on twttwr;
"The Dragons can be a big power rather than a feeder region if the whole of Gwent is incorporated in any buy-out, Ian Gough tells the Argus".
What does the bit in bold actually mean in reality?



Cardiff Dave

Posts : 5988
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Stone Motif on Thu 19 May 2016, 11:02 pm

http://m.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/14503190.CHRIS_KIRWAN__Ebbw_Vale_have_risen_thanks_to_there_being_one_love_and_one_common_goal

Kirwan counters with some sanity

Stone Motif

Posts : 1885
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by LordDowlais on Fri 20 May 2016, 8:03 am

Can somebody please explain the difference for me, you see, because what is said in that link, is no different to how Pontypridd see Cardiff Blues, yet Pontypridd get called all sorts of things by people on here, but it looks as though Ebbw Vale fans veiw Newport Gwent Dragons in the same way, yet it is OK.

I am talking about statements like this:-

"Maybe future generations will be different, but those raucously cheering on Ebbw from the Sardis Road terrace on Sunday will never feel the same about another side, even if Newport and/or Gwent were to be dropped from the name."

LordDowlais

Posts : 10142
Join date : 2011-05-18
Age : 39
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by RiscaGame on Fri 20 May 2016, 8:32 am

I can. Ebbw don't write anti Dragons stuff on their website or match day programmes (or any that have been brought to my attention anyway). Their fans seemingly don't spend their lives singing I will never be a Dragon. They don't have ex players and supporters suggesting they can beat pro teams. There is some sort of relationship there between Ebbw and NGD, judging by them not refusing to host games. Ebbw don't take players off NGD then bite the hand that feeds them.

The point most seem to raise towards some Ponty fans is they seem to go out of their way to be anti Cardiff. I haven't seen anything like it from Ebbw. They seem to understand they have a pro team they can support, but they just choose no to and get on with life. That's the difference.

RiscaGame

Posts : 1006
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by LordDowlais on Fri 20 May 2016, 8:57 am

Cheers. OK

LordDowlais

Posts : 10142
Join date : 2011-05-18
Age : 39
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave on Sun 22 May 2016, 8:39 pm

There's also the fact that neither Ponty or Cardiff or their fans wanted a merger, so when the Celtic Warriors went @rse up it all kicked off.

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 5988
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by GavinDragon on Mon 23 May 2016, 6:16 am

Also LD do remember that the commment you quoted is from a somewhat anti-regional journalist who is extremely pessimistic about the chances of a Gwent region prospering, and who, like his predecessor, believes that it should be Newport only.

GavinDragon

Posts : 2493
Join date : 2011-05-03
Age : 30
Location : Monmouthshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Stone Motif on Mon 23 May 2016, 11:56 am

GavinDragon wrote:Also LD do remember that the commment you quoted is from a somewhat anti-regional journalist who is extremely pessimistic about the chances of a Gwent region prospering, and who, like his predecessor, believes that it should be Newport only.

Typically absurd logic leap Gaviney

Stone Motif

Posts : 1885
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by GavinDragon on Tue 24 May 2016, 7:57 am

Am I wrong in suggesting that Kirwan, like Dave, thinks it should be a Newport branded?

GavinDragon

Posts : 2493
Join date : 2011-05-03
Age : 30
Location : Monmouthshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by PhilBB on Tue 24 May 2016, 8:02 am

GavinDragon wrote:Also LD do remember that the commment you quoted is from a somewhat anti-regional journalist who is extremely pessimistic about the chances of a Gwent region prospering, and who, like his predecessor, believes that it should be Newport only.

Kirwan is 'anti-regional'? What does that even mean?

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Tue 24 May 2016, 5:57 pm

I just wanted to highlight a difference in thinking between Gatland and Eddie Jones when it comes to selection. Here's Gatland:


"When you look at players, you want players coming out of winning sides, players coming into a team and being successful.

"Despite players performing well as individual it doesn't make a huge difference so some of the selections have been historical in terms of the players we know and who have performed for us in the past in our squad rather than domestic form."


And here's Jones:


"Marland's got a good, strong all-round game, great coachability. I think his best rugby is ahead of him.

"Ashton's done very well to score a lot of tries in a very strong team. You've always got to look at it in the context of what side they're playing for and the opportunities they have.

"He has done some good work. It's all relative to the strength of the team you're playing in and there are other areas of the game apart from scoring tries."

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 21221
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 38
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by RiscaGame on Tue 24 May 2016, 6:15 pm

Interesting. Still, I can't take anything Cement says seriously anymore.

RiscaGame

Posts : 1006
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by bedfordwelsh on Tue 24 May 2016, 8:06 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Can somebody please explain the difference for me, you see, because what is said in that link, is no different to how Pontypridd see Cardiff Blues, yet Pontypridd get called all sorts of things by people on here, but it looks as though Ebbw Vale fans veiw Newport Gwent Dragons in the same way, yet it is OK.

I am talking about statements like this:-

"Maybe future generations will be different, but those raucously cheering on Ebbw from the Sardis Road terrace on Sunday will never feel the same about another side, even if Newport and/or Gwent were to be dropped from the name."

Wrong, there was a fair contingent of fans who now go down to RP for Dragons game and that number is growing slowly thanks to the work the Dragons are doing within the youth set ups in Gwent.

I agree that future generations are the way ahead but the is a growing contingent that if fixtures fall right do go down to RP. Some are dragged there by kids and grandkids who want to see the stars play (and that's why we need to try and keep them) but at least they are going there.

bedfordwelsh
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 9934
Join date : 2011-05-11
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave on Tue 24 May 2016, 8:50 pm

GavinDragon wrote:Am I wrong in suggesting that Kirwan, like Dave, thinks it should be a Newport branded?

heart

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 5988
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by GavinDragon on Wed 25 May 2016, 12:54 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:Can somebody please explain the difference for me, you see, because what is said in that link, is no different to how Pontypridd see Cardiff Blues, yet Pontypridd get called all sorts of things by people on here, but it looks as though Ebbw Vale fans veiw Newport Gwent Dragons in the same way, yet it is OK.

I am talking about statements like this:-

"Maybe future generations will be different, but those raucously cheering on Ebbw from the Sardis Road terrace on Sunday will never feel the same about another side, even if Newport and/or Gwent were to be dropped from the name."

Wrong, there was a fair contingent of fans who now go down to RP for Dragons game and that number is growing slowly thanks to the work the Dragons are doing within the youth set ups in Gwent.

I agree that future generations are the way ahead but the is a growing contingent that if fixtures fall right do go down to RP.  Some are dragged there by kids and grandkids who want to see the stars play (and that's why we need to try and keep them) but at least they are going there.

thumbsup

GavinDragon

Posts : 2493
Join date : 2011-05-03
Age : 30
Location : Monmouthshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Stone Motif on Wed 25 May 2016, 5:44 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:Can somebody please explain the difference for me, you see, because what is said in that link, is no different to how Pontypridd see Cardiff Blues, yet Pontypridd get called all sorts of things by people on here, but it looks as though Ebbw Vale fans veiw Newport Gwent Dragons in the same way, yet it is OK.

I am talking about statements like this:-

"Maybe future generations will be different, but those raucously cheering on Ebbw from the Sardis Road terrace on Sunday will never feel the same about another side, even if Newport and/or Gwent were to be dropped from the name."

Wrong, there was a fair contingent of fans who now go down to RP for Dragons game and that number is growing slowly thanks to the work the Dragons are doing within the youth set ups in Gwent.

I agree that future generations are the way ahead but the is a growing contingent that if fixtures fall right do go down to RP.  Some are dragged there by kids and grandkids who want to see the stars play (and that's why we need to try and keep them) but at least they are going there.

What would you call a 'fair contingent' numbers wise?

Stone Motif

Posts : 1885
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by RiscaGame on Wed 25 May 2016, 6:52 pm

Never mind all that stuff. Did you see we have a new photocopier? Welsh qualified too, so that's pleasing.

I nearly renewed my ST right there and then.

RiscaGame

Posts : 1006
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Stone Motif on Wed 25 May 2016, 8:00 pm

RiscaGame wrote:Never mind all that stuff. Did you see we have a new photocopier? Welsh qualified too, so that's pleasing.

I nearly renewed my ST right there and then.

Is it Kingsley's? If so, I look forward to the Argue story about how Cement Head has had a look at it.

Stone Motif

Posts : 1885
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave on Wed 25 May 2016, 10:40 pm

RiscaGame wrote:Never mind all that stuff. Did you see we have a new photocopier? Welsh qualified too, so that's pleasing.

Manufactured in Wales or merely assembled?

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 5988
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by GavinDragon on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 11:13 am

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/ ... rds_coach/

Good move IMO. Done well with Ebbw's pack and was in his Worcester role for a long time. Not to mention he was a damn good scrummaging prop himself. Also good to see us promoting from within the region.

Would have liked Strange as well mind!

GavinDragon

Posts : 2493
Join date : 2011-05-03
Age : 30
Location : Monmouthshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by mikey_dragon on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 11:23 am

Is he the former Quins player?

mikey_dragon

Posts : 4944
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by GavinDragon on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 11:55 am

NHSOB, Newport, Quins and Worcester

GavinDragon

Posts : 2493
Join date : 2011-05-03
Age : 30
Location : Monmouthshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 12:54 pm

GavinDragon wrote:http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/ ... rds_coach/

Good move IMO. Done well with Ebbw's pack and was in his Worcester role for a long time. Not to mention he was a damn good scrummaging prop himself. Also good to see us promoting from within the region.

Would have liked Strange as well mind!

We need a proper defence coach too! But I agree, this is a good appointment.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 21221
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 38
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Stone Motif on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 1:18 pm

Can he do anything with our pack? I think we can put out a first choice eight of reasonable prO'12 level but we're only one crocked starter away from a neonate and/or comedy player.

Stone Motif

Posts : 1885
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:42 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum