The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 19 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by JuliusHMarx on Sun 14 Feb 2016, 8:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

infin itive

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 19 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by ShahenshahG on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 9:21 am

Alistair wrote:I don't work in electricity?!

Or is cause i'm the newest member i'm first on the kill list?

It was more in reference to your cross dressing in order to be plied with free drink.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 19 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Pal Joey on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 9:26 am

ShahenshahG wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:Pretty good actually. Fish and chips today before the new diet starts next week. Also some Hot chocolate and pastries. Such days are always wonderful. Working tomorrow so a bit of a damper on the weekend but otherwise all is gravy. You got any plans for T'weekend?

Playing our local rivals tomorrow in rugger but other than that, just usual thing of running kids around to various things.

I have a phone call with some lazy Spanish builders tomorrow morning as well.  We are having some work done out there and I spoke to one of the guys who lives out there permanently the other day and he basically said they have turned up, dumped all the gear on our front but haven't actually done a single thing.  The Spanish are so f*cking lazy it is untrue.  The guy that runs the firm is British as well.  You'd think he would know better.

Only way to make anyone work in Spain is if you're nearby observing. Tell em you'll be down next week and if a proper job isn't done then you'll hire another firm.

That's exactly what I intend to tell them tomorrow morning.

Lets stick with great minds think alike, rather than fools seldom differing. Take our wins where we can get em.

Morning all.

Hard enough keeping them all in line when you're living on the site too.

As you know, I simply got done by that crooked builder in May 2014. That has caused a 14 month delay. Some bad weather is in there but it has been a test of perseverance to say the least. A lesson in survival and keeping my sanity against a backdrop of picking up the pieces and starting again.

I've found that out of around 25-30 sub contractors, only about 6 or 7 have been worth dealing with. The rest are crap.

For instance; the guy who did the final concrete polish today - gave him a simple instruction to chamfer (or bevel) one particular edge so it wouldn't form a trip hazard. Such a basic, simple thing if you saw the situation. He looked at me like a stunned ox and seemed unable to comprehend the finer points of his own trade.

Contrast that to the electrician - a smart, technical bloke, knows his craft inside out,... always thinking about what the room is used for and what you can create. He never talks about problems... always solutions and a couple of options. You wish they were all like that but unfortunately life is a bit of a lottery.

It's only when they actually start to do the work (as with your builders in Spain, Tino) that you can actually then see whether they are on the ball or not. It just confounds me when I see the way some of them work. Honestly, a 3 year old in a sandpit is better organised than some of these dolts.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 9:48 am

Morning TLd, not inclined to learn the ropes and do it yourself? I've always wanted to build my house from scratch - a proper one not the easy villa type houses you can build in Pakistan.

Something akin to this

http://www.homeplans.com/house-plans/hp/HOMEPW13349.html

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 9:52 am

Got an 11:15am wedding tomorrow morning in the Eucalyptus Garden of the Royal Botanic Gardens... just up from the Opera House.

Reception at the hilton later (one of the nicest refurbishments of a hotel) probably finishing around 5 or 6pm. The big gayer parade is also on tomorrow night so I've planned to wing it back home against the grain as they are all going in the other way. Missus is just east of the Carpathian mountains right now - really pi55ed off that she can't be there. I've told her I'll take a few photos.

Because all of my clothes were either thrown out/donated/put in boxes and this place is covered in red dust I had to dash out and buy a quick ensemble today. Was thinking light blue / light grey at first... gonna be really hot here tomorrow so I don't want to absorb too much heat outside... and melt.

I didn't want to look too much like an airline pilot or harbour master on leave - but I went for light pants (bone colour) down below, a quirky blue blazer with some odd stitching and sort of white shirt with very fine purple geometric shapes... not too swirly. I'll look like a phucking talk show host.

Last edited by The Loaded Dog on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 9:55 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:Got an 11:15am wedding tomorrow morning in the Eucalyptus Garden of the Royal Botanic Gardens... just up from the Opera House.

Reception at the hilton later (one of the nicest refurbishments of a hotel) probably finishing around 5 or 6pm. The big gayer parade is also on tomorrow night so I've planned to wing it back home against the grain as they are all going in the other way. Missus is just east of the Carpathian mountains - really pi55ed off that she can't be there.

Because all of my clothes were either thrown out/donated/put in boxes and this place is covered in red dust I had to dash out and buy a quick ensemble today. Was thinking light blue / light grey at first... gonna be really hot here tomorrow so I don't want to absorb too much heat outside... and melt.

I didn't want to look too much like an airline pilot or harbour master on leave - but I went for light pants (bone colour) down below, a quirky blue blazer with some odd stitching and sort of white with purple geometric shapes... not too swirly. I'll look like a phucking talk show host.

TLD:
The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 19 Mojo

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 10:00 am

ShahenshahG wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:Got an 11:15am wedding tomorrow morning in the Eucalyptus Garden of the Royal Botanic Gardens... just up from the Opera House.

Reception at the hilton later (one of the nicest refurbishments of a hotel) probably finishing around 5 or 6pm. The big gayer parade is also on tomorrow night so I've planned to wing it back home against the grain as they are all going in the other way. Missus is just east of the Carpathian mountains - really pi55ed off that she can't be there.

I didn't want to look too much like an airline pilot or harbour master on leave - but I went for light pants (bone colour) down below, a quirky blue blazer with some odd stitching and sort of white with purple geometric shapes... not too swirly. I'll look like a phucking talk show host.

TLD:
The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 19 Mojo

He looks like a complete goof compared to me, mate.  Wink

The task for me tomorrow morning is to dig out a brown pair of shoes never used in some box in the garage to match the brown belt that came with the terror-ses. Or I could just swap it for a black belt and wear my best black shoes.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 10:05 am

Last time I wore a suit to a wedding was in 2011ish I believe. Was the most uncomfortable experience as I kept getting aroused at the fleshy displays.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 10:13 am

Yeah, exactly.

Was sent an early morning email from the bride who basically told everyone to dress down... keep cool, bring a hat, etc.

I'm sure there'll be some flesh exposed for sure.
Sydney is a tart of a town... people take the casual life to the extreme sometimes. It's the right setting for people to flaunt themselves if they so wish. It's to do with the light I believe.

The bloke I've known since I was 8. It's his 2nd marriage. Very chilled out successful lawyer... who dabbles in everything. He's now marrying this delightful Kiwi girl - also so natural and unpretentious.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 10:23 am

Sounds like a man after my own heart. The aforementioned wedding I went to was between an angry young man and a quiet mouse of a woman but they seemed to have balanced out their personalities and both are a delight as company. Just something to keep your thoughts away from all the flesh on display at the wedding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM6NFGy5brc

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 10:25 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:Pretty good actually. Fish and chips today before the new diet starts next week. Also some Hot chocolate and pastries. Such days are always wonderful. Working tomorrow so a bit of a damper on the weekend but otherwise all is gravy. You got any plans for T'weekend?

Playing our local rivals tomorrow in rugger but other than that, just usual thing of running kids around to various things.

I have a phone call with some lazy Spanish builders tomorrow morning as well.  We are having some work done out there and I spoke to one of the guys who lives out there permanently the other day and he basically said they have turned up, dumped all the gear on our front but haven't actually done a single thing.  The Spanish are so f*cking lazy it is untrue.  The guy that runs the firm is British as well.  You'd think he would know better.

Only way to make anyone work in Spain is if you're nearby observing. Tell em you'll be down next week and if a proper job isn't done then you'll hire another firm.

Lets stick with great minds think alike, rather than fools seldom differing. Take our wins where we can get em.

Morning all.

As you know, I simply got done by that crooked builder in May 2014. That has caused a 14 month delay. Some bad weather is in there but it has been a test of perseverance to say the least. A lesson in survival and keeping my sanity against a backdrop of picking up the pieces and starting again.

I've found that out of around 25-30 sub contractors, only about 6 or 7 have been worth dealing with. The rest are crap.

For instance; the guy who did the final concrete polish today - gave him a simple instruction to chamfer (or bevel) one particular edge so it wouldn't form a trip hazard. Such a basic, simple thing if you saw the situation. He looked at me like a stunned ox and seemed unable to comprehend the finer points of his own trade.

Contrast that to the electrician - a smart, technical bloke, knows his craft inside out,... always thinking about what the room is used for and what you can create. He never talks about problems... always solutions and a couple of options. You wish they were all like that but unfortunately life is a bit of a lottery.

It's only when they actually start to do the work (as with your builders in Spain, Tino) that you can actually then see whether they are on the ball or not. It just confounds me when I see the way some of them work. Honestly, a 3 year old in a sandpit is better organised than some of these dolts.

These guys actually came recommended to me by some of the permanent residents so I am hopeful that once they finally start, they will do a decent enough job.  It is only some wall repairs, and a bit of ground work so it can't be that hard.  We had a big lemon tree in the courtyard which had to come out.  Unfortunately it left a right mess of the floor and the tiles so we are having to get it leveled out and re-tiled.  

I just don't have the time to go out at the moment to keep an eye on them so I am relying on phone calls, emails and some of our friends out there.  It's a painful process.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : There are fewer more distressing sights than that of an Englishman in a baseball cap. And we'll die in the class we were born, well that's a class of our own my love. A class of our own my love. Did you see the stylish kids in the riot, cos mine beat me up then set the night on fire. Wombles bleed, truncheons and shields, you know I cherish you my love. Oh how I cherish Julius my love.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 10:35 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:

Morning all.

These guys actually came recommended to me by some of the permanent residents so I am hopeful that once they finally start, they will do a decent enough job.  It is only some wall repairs, and a bit of ground work so it can't be that hard.  We had a big lemon tree in the courtyard which had to come out.  Unfortunately it left a right mess of the floor and the tiles so we are having to get it leveled out and re-tiled.  

I just don't have the time to go out at the moment to keep an eye on them so I am relying on phone calls, emails and some of our friends out there.  It's a painful process.

You'll be fine. It's good to get that recommendation.
It's all about trust. Because it's not too huge a job there shouldn't be any troubles.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 10:38 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:

Morning all.

It's all about trust. Because it's not too huge a job there shouldn't be any troubles.

I'm going to get you out there next time. I like the look of your work and you seem like a trustworthy chap. You can site manage it for me.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : There are fewer more distressing sights than that of an Englishman in a baseball cap. And we'll die in the class we were born, well that's a class of our own my love. A class of our own my love. Did you see the stylish kids in the riot, cos mine beat me up then set the night on fire. Wombles bleed, truncheons and shields, you know I cherish you my love. Oh how I cherish Julius my love.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 10:47 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:

Morning all.

I'm going to get you out there next time.  I like the look of your work and you seem like a trustworthy chap.  You can site manage it for me.

Thanks Tino. I'll keep your offer in mind.

I haven't been to Europe since 2009.
It would be really cool doing new modern additions mixed with Spanish style conservation with you, mate. That's sort of the approach I have here... but with Federation styles.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 10:55 am

Of course there might be some language barriers at first.... Laugh
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 11:46 am

Warning Signs:
The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 19 Ts_babies-in-big-suits

TLD - If you should see anything resembling this - make a run for it

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 12:18 pm

l*l out loud.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 12:59 pm

Reception at the hilton later (one of the nicest refurbishments of a hotel) probably finishing around 5 or 6pm. The big gayer parade is also on tomorrow night so I've planned to wing it back home against the grain as they are all going in the other way. Missus is just east of the Carpathian mountains right now - really pi55ed off that she can't be there. I've told her I'll take a few photos.

I didn't want to look too much like an airline pilot or harbour master on leave - but I went for light pants (bone colour) down below, a quirky blue blazer with some odd stitching and sort of white shirt with very fine purple geometric shapes... not too swirly. I'll look like a phucking talk show host.

Not a good idea if you're planning to get so drunk that you might p1ss yourself. Sean can testify.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 1:07 pm

superflyweight wrote:

Not a good idea if you're planning to get so drunk that you might p1ss yourself.  Sean can testify.  

Doesn't add weight to your post, Sean can f*cking testify to anything!

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 1:08 pm

Has 'testify' suddenly replaced 'lying through ones teeth' in the *lexicon?

*That's just for you, Jeff.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 1:19 pm

It has religious connotations Tino. First Sean told nothing but the Gospel truth. Now he is spreading his teachings with us shouting ''testify'' at random intervals over the general noise to authenticate his evangelical credentials.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 1:42 pm

Cod and Chips with a coke. 7/109/10 as it's last one for a few weeks.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 3:03 pm

Rick, you dead?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 4:27 pm

Sanka, ya dead?

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 4:29 pm

Racist

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 4:55 pm

My bad.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 6:43 am

FIST NOTCHES.

Grilled chicken burger with chilli 8/10

Beautiful sky but colder than a lady of loose morals's heart

Morning Rampant Rick and Evenoon Morose Mongrel

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rick_dagless on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 8:04 am

Morning mate, network issues this morning so excuse my tardiness...

Good weekend?

Sick

rick_dagless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rick_dagless on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 8:23 am

Also Shah come have a go at the cryptic rock stars thread on the quiz board...

rick_dagless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 8:40 am

Morning all.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rick_dagless on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 8:45 am

Morning mate.

How is life with you?

rick_dagless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 8:48 am

Not bad, thanks.

Got smashed in the rugby though. By our local rivals. I can't remember the score but they did us by 30 points. And I managed to bend my right wrist back quite brutally.

I'm having to learn to do all sorts of things with my left hand now.

How are you?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 8:51 am

Good morning all... from the very mildly morose mongrel moonlighting as a mopoke.

A grilled chicken burger for breakfast, shah?
Surely that's not part of the new diet programme. Please don't tell me you wash it down with a Red Bull.

Last edited by The Loaded Dog on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 8:51 am

Hallo mate, passable weekend, at work so not great but not intolerable either. I am feeling alot more energetic since I had a week of more sociable hours. I'm hoping for some sort of breakthrough this week in my financial matters relating to the POA I was working on last couple of months. Now need to start working on multiple income streams to allow me to cut my hours and start killing living again. How was your weekend mate?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 8:59 am

Morning Tino and yes TLD it is part of my new diet plan, though burger is overselling it a bit. More of a fat sandwich than a burger. And I've drunk nothing but water this day. How was the wedding and the flesh abstinence?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rick_dagless on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 9:00 am

Good cheers, football in the snow on Saturday and mothers day lunch on Sunday

Followed by a big dirty takeaway on Sunday night, nice

rick_dagless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 9:05 am

ShahenshahG wrote:Morning Tino and yes TLD it is part of my new diet plan, though burger is overselling it a bit. More of a fat sandwich than a burger. And I've drunk nothing but water this day. How was the wedding and the flesh abstinence?

Oh OK, fair enough mate.

The wedding was very nice indeed. It was such a laid back ceremony against the beautiful backdrop.
The reception was pretty perfect too. It was nice catching up with some familiar faces from the past.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 9:32 am

On the flesh abstinence: there was this 'music industry type girl' there I'd met a while back.

Although very easy on the eye, with a juicy bit of t!t bulging out of her skimpy dress... but you know those types. They are a little too full-on and political about everything when you dig a little deeper and hit a sensitive topic with them... they can fire out words at you and be quite aggressive.

Although she was all smiles with me, it was easy to imagine she would be a tough baitch in private.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 9:41 am

I love those types. I always win the argument, because 1. i'm always calm and 2. I don't know what i'm talking about.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 9:43 am

And Rick I'd like to join in that rock thing but it's so poorly separated that my eyes refuse to tell me whats been answered and what hasn't. Maybe later in the day when I have sufficiently woken up.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 9:51 am

Nvm I've woken up a bit.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 9:51 am

ShahenshahG wrote:I love those types. I always win the argument, because 1. i'm always calm and 2. I don't know what i'm talking about.

I am always calm with those types too.

I usually just throw in a few famous names and they start chattering away about their personal experiences with them. Some are great; but most are total bumholes apparently... and there are very few shades in between. I just nodded my head or feigned disappointment accordingly.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 12:39 pm

The mother of all michaelsings!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 12:40 pm

Killing it before 10am is nothing short of spectacular work.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 1:06 pm

Thanks Jeff. Not bad for 10pm though. You guys must be inundated with work.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 1:37 pm

The Loaded Dog wrote:Thanks Jeff. Not bad for 10pm though. You guys must be inundated with work.

Aye - the UK economy would fall apart without us LD.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 2:11 pm

superflyweight wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:Thanks Jeff. Not bad for 10pm though. You guys must be inundated with work.

Aye - the UK economy would fall apart without us LD.    

Not to mention the EU block. The World is in great hands.

Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rick_dagless on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 3:09 pm

Slow on here today...

rick_dagless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 3:22 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Slow on here today...

Sorry to hear that Rick.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 4:06 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ-QfMv7Fzw

Liven up a bit notches.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 4:20 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apveonr8U3Y

Michaels will enjoy the opening to this video

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum