The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

+32
Dr Gregory House MD
Fernando
Samo
Dolphin Ziggler
XR
JCmag82
Beer
GSC
Scott is Back
Reaper
Enforcer
Mr Tom
Electric Demon
marty2086
MetalMotty
Y I Man
Ché Guerrero
RinoGattuso
dyrewolfe
Crimey
President Trump
nadeem2099
Brilliant_yep
Conor Anderson
ncfc_Tooze
Adam D
Hero
Gregers
VDT
NickisBHAFC
Kay Fabe
The_Enigma
36 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread - Page 4 Empty News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by The_Enigma Thu 17 Dec 2015, 10:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

I totally understand that the majority of you may dislike or have never seen any form of Independent Wrestling so turn a blind eye to it but I truly believe this is such a powerful promo hyping something that we all share here...

This is Mike Quackenbush, founder of Chikara Pro and I quite frankly consider him to be one of the best storytellers in the business. Enjoy.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread - Page 4 Empty Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Samo Thu 24 Mar 2016, 5:10 pm

Crimey wrote:He has to win it then. No point at all him being in it if he doesn't win it. I'd like to see the rest of the Wyatt family destroy everybody with Bray, then step out for him to win. I know Luke Harper is out though so that will make that harder.

I don't think they've actually got 30 people to fill it this year, unless some people do double duty or they use NXT guys.

AFAIK they've announced it will only be 20 men this year.

Samo

Back to top Go down

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread - Page 4 Empty Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Fernando Mon 28 Mar 2016, 9:45 pm

Giant Bernard (Im not calling him Tensai or Albert Laugh) Has a new attendee at work Whistle
News items that dont merit their own thread...thread - Page 4 CeqCsPlW8AA_hvs

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 29 Mar 2016, 8:42 pm

PWInsider.com has learned from multiple sources that the current plan for WWE's Global Cruiserweight Series tournament is to tape the entire tournament the week of 6/20 at Full Sail Live in Winter Park, Florida. The tournament is slated to tape over five days.
Competitors for the 32 Man tournament will begin to be revealed via qualifying matches held at EVOLVE, PROGRESS Wrestling and Revolution Pro next month and beyond. WWE will also reveal talents via Internet and social media platforms as a way to familiarize viewers with performers who have not previously been on the WWE stage.
The series will debut this July for a 10 episode run on the WWE Network. In an interview with PWInsider.com, Triple H noted that the hope is for the Series to become a recurring event for WWE.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 29 Mar 2016, 10:39 pm

THIS IS PROGRESS

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Wed 30 Mar 2016, 3:34 pm

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 30 Mar 2016, 3:36 pm

https://www.facebook.com/bringbackcurbstomp/videos/472465966293200/

Kevin Owens is the perfect heel

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 30 Mar 2016, 3:42 pm

Dolph, Owens or Big E?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 30 Mar 2016, 3:51 pm

Big E, he makes sure i'm not booty.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 30 Mar 2016, 3:54 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Big E, he makes sure i'm not booty.

He failed.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 30 Mar 2016, 4:13 pm

He saw your Noble tattoo and immediately advised a healthy bowl of Booty 'Os.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 30 Mar 2016, 4:52 pm

You're both just sour

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Wed 30 Mar 2016, 8:31 pm

Say goodbye to WWE’s “Divas” division and the purple butterfly belt.

WWE finally caved and the decision has been made to rebrand Divas division as the Women’s division. The official announcement will be made on Monday’s WWE RAW from Dallas, the night after WrestleMania. The news was first reported by PWInsider and we’ve since verified it independently.

A new WWE Women’s Championship belt has already commissioned. From what we’ve been told, the new Women’s Championship bares a strong similarity to the WWE World Heavyweight championship belt – but it’s mounted on a white leather strap and is smaller.

Charlotte will defend her Divas Championship against Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch this Sunday. We’ll find out on Sunday night which of the three competitors will have the honor of retiring the Divas Championship and ushering in the new era of Women’s wrestling in WWE.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 30 Mar 2016, 8:36 pm

What cracking news.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 30 Mar 2016, 11:41 pm

When you really think about it, there's not really much to this other than aesthetics but it's still a decision I'm in favour of

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 31 Mar 2016, 3:12 am

You could say that about a lot of sexism I suppose (not to label you sexist or make this a deep debate), its these things that need to be changed really

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 31 Mar 2016, 4:32 am

Thank jesus.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 31 Mar 2016, 8:18 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:You could say that about a lot of sexism I suppose (not to label you sexist or make this a deep debate), its these things that need to be changed really

I'm not sexist, I just want these broads out of my wrestling ring and back in the kitchen

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 31 Mar 2016, 1:50 pm

British wrestling star 'Shooting Star' Kris Travis lost his battle with stomach cancer this morning at the age of 33. He was first diagnosed in 2014 but made a recovery and was able to briefly return to the ring before taking a bad turn and being forced to retire.

RIP. He personified the braveness and fight it takes to be a wrestler, sad loss.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 31 Mar 2016, 2:20 pm

Very sad news. RIP.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 31 Mar 2016, 2:23 pm

Seen Kris a few times over the years in Manchester and was always a fantastic wrestler, sad day for British wrestling.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 31 Mar 2016, 3:14 pm

Awful news, thought when he made his return he'd put the worst behind him for now but not to be sadly

RIP Trav

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 31 Mar 2016, 4:21 pm

Breaking!

According to PWInsider Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows are expected to be backstage Wrestlemania this Sunday and are set to make their debut alongside Finn Balor either at Wrestlemania or the Raw after under the name Balor Club or Bulletproof.

-PWInsider

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 31 Mar 2016, 4:31 pm

Marky wrote:Breaking!

According to PWInsider Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows are expected to be backstage Wrestlemania this Sunday and are set to make their debut alongside Finn Balor either at Wrestlemania or the Raw after under the name Balor Club or Bulletproof.

-PWInsider

Called it.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 31 Mar 2016, 5:02 pm

To help Shane? Would that make them faces or heels though!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 31 Mar 2016, 5:44 pm

Cena is ring ready and expected to appear

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 31 Mar 2016, 7:00 pm

Then I'm calling Shane beating Taker via Cena interference. No streak means it won't have such a huge impact (like Lesnar beating Taker did) and sets up Cena v Taker next year.

Then Shane controls Raw and Trips/Steph get Smackers

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 31 Mar 2016, 9:07 pm

What about bullet club?

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 31 Mar 2016, 9:11 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:What about bullet club?

They could challenge New Day the Raw after Mania... that would be money.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 31 Mar 2016, 9:11 pm

The first few entrants to the Global Cruiserweight Series have been announced via confrence call from HHH.

We have:
Rich Swann
Thommaso Ciampa
Johnny Gargano
Zack Sabre Jr
Noam Dar
Ho Ho Lun
Akira Tozawa

Some big names, super stoked for Dar, awesome talent and a sound guy.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 31 Mar 2016, 9:15 pm

I decided that merited it's own thread Samo

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 01 Apr 2016, 6:20 pm

Dusty Rhodes is the latest Hall of Famer to be enshrined in immortality with his own Bronze statue - unveiled at Axxess.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 06 Apr 2016, 3:29 pm

Theres a Twitter petition started and is being followed and supported by guys like Will Ospreay to get Kris Travis posthomously inducted into the 2017 WWE Hall of Fame as the recipient of the Warrior Award.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 06 Apr 2016, 3:40 pm

Shane McMahon ‏@shanemcmahon  21h21 hours ago
My three favorite moments from #Raw last night. Foot in the door. It's a start, I hope.

posted pictures of AJ,Crews & Enzo/Cass

i hope an nxt invasion now Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 06 Apr 2016, 4:03 pm

Samo wrote:Theres a Twitter petition started and is being followed and supported by guys like Will Ospreay to get Kris Travis posthomously inducted into the 2017 WWE Hall of Fame as the recipient of the Warrior Award.

No chance of that happening. The main reason being that he wasn't ever part of a major corporation, never mind appearing in WWE. I also think we'll continue to see the Warrior Award used to give non-wrestling people an award.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 07 Apr 2016, 3:08 pm

Scottish female wrestler Nikki Storm has signed with NXT and will report to the performance centre soon

Another excellent female wrestler for the women's division, I can see her going far

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 07 Apr 2016, 5:23 pm

Shes been decent enough every time I've seen her. Thought Kay Lee Rae could have had a better run but there you go. Hope it works out for her.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 07 Apr 2016, 6:52 pm

Blackjack Mulligan passed away age 73.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 07 Apr 2016, 8:14 pm

This is a great time to be a women's wrestler. WWE are gonna call up Bayley and Asuka when they think it's right and they need to fill out the division. Yet they pride themselves on having strong women in NXT. There's jobs there now for talented female workers

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 07 Apr 2016, 8:19 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:This is a great time to be a women's wrestler. WWE are gonna call up Bayley and Asuka when they think it's right and they need to fill out the division. Yet they pride themselves on having strong women in NXT. There's jobs there now for talented female workers

Theres a gap to fill after losing both Bellas. Cut a bit more of the dead wood and theres more than enough room. I cant imagine how good the division would be with the NXT 5, Paige and Natalya. Even Naomi and Emma to a degree.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 07 Apr 2016, 9:16 pm

Emma is a great worker, helped Asuka get over so much. Her and Paige are the ones that started the NXT women being so regarded.

It's fitting really that the Bellas look gone, because they will epitomise, to me, the failure of WWE's women's wrestling.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 07 Apr 2016, 11:16 pm

Naomi is a decent wrestler. Fantastic bum as well.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 08 Apr 2016, 6:26 am

So will we swap Bayley, Emma and Asuka for Summer Rae, Tamina and Alicia Fox?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 08 Apr 2016, 7:06 am

We'd lose a lot of mic skill in Summer Rae. And I do think Alicia can work and is a decent jobber. I don't think they need to be losing numbers, especially if they want to keep up Total Divas. I'd rather they kept that going with the Poopie workers. It seems to have killed Paige's momentum

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 08 Apr 2016, 5:31 pm

http://www.globalforcegold.com/

Jeff Jarrett has expanded his Global Force Wrestling brand into a gold selling scam.  Something is afoot but I'm not digging deeper to find out.

Edit: He's apparently in cahoots with Karatbars who sell gold at a massively inflated rate per gram (like $20 over the cost inflation) and you make more money by recruiting more people - pyramid scheme style.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 11 Apr 2016, 12:28 pm

NXT is going to be putting on a show at this year's Download festival. So, for those of you who like your rock and rasslin', this should be a must-go event for the Summer.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/nxt-live-tour-uk-ireland-download-festival-june-2016

dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 11 Apr 2016, 12:51 pm

Progress did a show there last year, makes sense for WWE to capitalise on festival wrestling becoming a thing.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 11 Apr 2016, 4:47 pm

Shane McMahon back in charge of Raw because of "overwhelming social media support". So Wrestlemania meant nothing then.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 11 Apr 2016, 4:52 pm

Not true that it meant nothing. Had Shane won he'd have "control of Raw".

Currently Vince has control of Raw and Shane is in temporary charge. It's all set up for when HHH and Steph return.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 11 Apr 2016, 5:12 pm

It definitely means nothing. He didnt win, why is Vince giving him what he wants? Albeit in a temporary basis. Its like the lazy booking of screwing Reigns out of his title then to book him into a No.1 Contenders match.

Its actually beyond a joke now.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 11 Apr 2016, 5:29 pm

It suits Vince in my mind. He isn't super heel Vince of old, and can play it off in many ways. They needed to make a little more about Vince respecting what Shane put himself through for the cause, but I think there's legs to Vince doing this

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next