The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

+32
Dr Gregory House MD
Fernando
Samo
Dolphin Ziggler
XR
JCmag82
Beer
GSC
Scott is Back
Reaper
Enforcer
Mr Tom
Electric Demon
marty2086
MetalMotty
Y I Man
Ché Guerrero
RinoGattuso
dyrewolfe
Crimey
President Trump
nadeem2099
Brilliant_yep
Conor Anderson
ncfc_Tooze
Adam D
Hero
Gregers
VDT
NickisBHAFC
Kay Fabe
The_Enigma
36 posters

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread - Page 16 Empty News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by The_Enigma Fri 18 Dec - 9:44

First topic message reminder :

I totally understand that the majority of you may dislike or have never seen any form of Independent Wrestling so turn a blind eye to it but I truly believe this is such a powerful promo hyping something that we all share here...

This is Mike Quackenbush, founder of Chikara Pro and I quite frankly consider him to be one of the best storytellers in the business. Enjoy.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread - Page 16 Empty Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by marty2086 Mon 10 Apr - 19:52

Crimey wrote:The JBL bullying story is gaining some traction now so hopefully he's sacked to save face.

It could be death by a thousand cuts

It'll probably take a few more stories before it reaches a critical mass and sponsors start really applying pressure

I may have missed something though with the Mauro story but is he accused of doing anything more than taking the pi$$ out of him for retweeting praise?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread - Page 16 Empty Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Fernando Mon 10 Apr - 20:32

i don't know i remember the bit on bring it to the table where JBL was a dick about Mauro winning commentator of the year but apart from that not seen much tbh.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 10 Apr - 20:51

That seems to be the extent of it from everything Ive seen and heard, listened to some of Meltzer talking about it and was waiting on him to say there was more to it but never seemed to come. Maybe there is and they can't talk about it but if there isn't then it is pretty tame especially when the guy is a complete douche and there is a lot worse he's done, don't forget he has been videoed viciously assaulting someone and wasn't fired, when he beat up Blue Meanie.

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Mon 10 Apr - 20:54

They should get rid of him because he's rubbish.

Get him out and get McGuiness in

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 10 Apr - 20:57

Electric Demon wrote:They should get rid of him because he's rubbish.

Get him out and get McGuiness in

I take it that's sarcasm? Considering McGuiness forgets what company he's working for Rolling Eyes

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Mon 10 Apr - 21:03

Nope - he's great

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 10 Apr - 21:07

I like Nigel but he's not up there yet and JBL is a good colour guy even if he is a ginormous ar$ehole, none of them are a patch on Corey though

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Mon 10 Apr - 21:09

Agreed. Though I don't enjoy JBL in the slightest.

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 10 Apr - 22:13

JBL isn't good.

There's definitely a lot more to it than comments about praise. There's a lot of stuff going around, Justin Roberts's new book has got a lot of JBL stories and other wrestlers seem to have stuff too. There's old stuff the Hardys have said and big Dave (Meltzer) is on an absolute roll with the amount of people he claims to have spoken to.

But most news sites that report WWE just don't have the guts to really hit out at them. Most sites are in deals with WWE where they can just ban them or withdraw access, whilst others like espn are paid slots.

Coachman had a dig at Meltzer and got taken down by him, then Coach quit his WWE ESPN role.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 11 Apr - 0:38

JBL WAS good when he started but he became a parody of himself and just a book of catchphrases MAGGLE.

The sooner he's gone the better. He's a piece of Poopie and the more you read into his historic bullying the more you see it.

If they get rid of him though it leaves SmackDown one announcer down. Todd Phillips is fine but Otunga is the worst.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 11 Apr - 0:43

JR Bah Gawd

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 11 Apr - 0:46

I would have said JR too but don't think we'll ever see him back full time

The sensible thing would be to move Saxton to SD with Phillips and go back to the two man teams, though we would lose Graves just laying into Saxton constantly

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 11 Apr - 0:47

marty2086 wrote:I would have said JR too but don't think we'll ever see him back full time

The sensible thing would be to move Saxton to SD with Phillips and go back to the two man teams, though we would lose Graves just laying into Saxton constantly

Which I would be totally fine with. Saxton isnt that bad, just unnecessary.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 11 Apr - 1:17

JBL out and King back in would probably happen.

Graves should just be on Smackdown, he does 205 anyway and they film the same night.

Graves and Phillips would be fine.

Or they could find their next co-commentator. Show would be great at it. R Truth was doing Superstars and my God did he sound depressed.

I'd back Goldust to be entertaining.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 11 Apr - 1:19

Taz would be great to bring back

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 12 Apr - 7:36

JBL is currently blocking anyone that follows him & mauro and anyone who posts a lovely message about Mauro.

The young bucks did it to see what would happen & he blocked them too Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 19 Apr - 2:22

Former WWE Star & Roman Reign's brother - Matt Anoa'i (Rosey) has died.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 19 Apr - 2:38

hard to believe that both members of 3 minute warning are dead, both big but fit agile men, 47 is no age at all.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 19 Apr - 2:42

Hadnt Rosey been unwell for a long time? Luck seems to be on Romans side that he never inherited that side of the Samoan gene pool and he can keep in shape. Feel rotten for him having to bury two brothers.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 19 Apr - 3:38

Samo wrote:Hadnt Rosey been unwell for a long time?  Luck seems to be on Romans side that he never inherited that side of the Samoan gene pool and he can keep in shape.  Feel rotten for him having to bury two brothers.

Firstly feel bad for Matt, 47 is no age

But if WWE were high on Roman's body do you think he'd be covered in a vest all the time?

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 19 Apr - 6:27

Smackdown Main Event

Dolph Ziggler vs Sami Zayn vs Luke Harper vs Jinder Mahal vs Mojo Rawley vs Erick Rowan

Winner gets a shot at the WWE Title.

Kevin Owens starts his "Face of America" open challenge.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 19 Apr - 8:38

People seem split on that main event, I love it.

Baron to take out someone before or during the match seems possible.

Looking at it:

Ziggler unlikely as seems set for Nak program
Mahal and Mojo probably aren't done.
Zayn and Corbin could be
Harper has already been bettered by Orton often but could fit the story
Rowan seems unlikely but also kind of fits as he's part of the Wyatt stuff but would be an odd choice.

I'd vote Harper, unless they want to turn Orton, then it should be Zayn.

With that in mind, I now decide it's Ziggler winning and Nak will get some wins in the no.1 contender

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 19 Apr - 8:41

My prediction is Corbin challenges Owens. Almas attacks someone pre-match and goes straight in as no.1 contender. Get him over quickly if bring him up anyway. Other wise i have a horrifying worry Mojo will win.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 19 Apr - 19:27

Fernando wrote:My prediction is Corbin challenges Owens. Almas attacks someone pre-match and goes straight in as no.1 contender. Get him over quickly if bring him up anyway. Other wise i have a horrifying worry Mojo will win.

Smackdown spoiler:

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Wed 19 Apr - 19:43

Spoiler:

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 19 Apr - 20:00

Crimey wrote:
Fernando wrote:My prediction is Corbin challenges Owens. Almas attacks someone pre-match and goes straight in as no.1 contender. Get him over quickly if bring him up anyway. Other wise i have a horrifying worry Mojo will win.

Smackdown spoiler:

Spoiler:

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 21 Apr - 3:21

JBL & Mauro update

There was an issue early in Mauro's Smackdown arrival. Lawler, used to calling Jim Ross “J.R.,” started calling Ranallo “M.R.,” likely an inside rib since decades earlier, when Lawler and McMahon were growing up it was short for “mental reta.rd.” Of course few would know that since the term went away probably by the 70s. But after a few weeks, it was dropped.
Ranallo, being different, made him the butt of jokes. He was tabbed as weird and the production room was filled with a lot of people who were emotionally still in high school.
There would be the jibes about appearance and such, and it was far more than just Layfield.

McMahon was said to be frustrated at Ranallo for his announcing style and adding Tom Phillips to the Smackdown announce team as the fourth member was the first public sign of it.

The “Bring It To The Table,” episode on the WWE Network that was the straw that broke the camel’s back. It was noted to us that the subject matter of burying Ranallo was part of that episode and not Layfield going off on his own, and discussed ahead of time as to what should and shouldn’t be said.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 21 Apr - 3:26

That's what this company is and should be defined by. People forget how disgusting they are sometimes

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 21 Apr - 5:24

This makes me irrationally angry. Instead of taking Mauro aside and discussing things like a Frak professional he acts like a carny.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 21 Apr - 5:40

So Vince had basically never seen or heard Mauro before and had no clue what his style was or did he hope it would change as soon as he walked through the door?

Not sure how he can be frustrated with his style yet still have Otunga around? picard

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 21 Apr - 22:20

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:That's what this company is and should be defined by. People forget how disgusting they are sometimes

In the grand scheme of things this wouldn't even make McMahon's greatest hits on being a horrible baaaaastard, which is pretty damning in itself, at least it gave me the get up and go to cancel the Network, I've been meaning to do it for about a year now and with a Firestick where you can get everything for free, it's pretty pointless to have it anyway.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 24 Apr - 20:18

Scott Steiner returned to Impact Wrestling last night! Laugh Laugh Laugh

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Mon 24 Apr - 20:46

Someone set the clock for how long until Jarrett is world champ again

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 24 Apr - 22:27

Beer wrote:Scott Steiner returned to Impact Wrestling last night! Laugh Laugh Laugh

I saw that and couldn't believe it, not only because I had been watching the Steiner v The English Language video just an hour before I read about it, but surely there is greater value in putting a new young guy with Josh Matthews and drawing heat than bringing in Steiner?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 24 Apr - 22:30

The maths checks out though. You can't argue with his numbers

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 24 Apr - 23:42

In fairness to TNA a lot of there talent acquisitions post Anthem have been decent, particularly Desmond Xavier as he's on a trajectory to appear on WWE's radar, couple that with Sydal & Low Ki that's the makings of a tidy X Division

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 25 Apr - 6:04

Yeah the signings seem good but just seems that there was more to gain putting a young guy in Steiners role who could get a rub from the JB/Matthews program

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 25 Apr - 7:30

I'd bet he will be short-term. Internet pop; internet Reddit types LOVE Steiner

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 25 Apr - 7:32

Crazzy Steve heading to WWE

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 25 Apr - 8:09

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Crazzy Steve heading to WWE

Crazzy Steve! He's CRAZY!!

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 26 Apr - 21:28

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Crazzy Steve heading to WWE

Crazzy Steve! He's CRAZY!!

Watch out for the WWE debut of Sensible Steve (or possibly Sensational Steve)! Very Happy

Damn I forgot TNA is back on Spike now. Suppose I've missed quite a bit.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 26 Apr - 21:35

Nope just last week show Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Fri 28 Apr - 4:12

Not sure if i heard right on NXT but sounds like theyve announced a weekly show based around the UK championship?

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 28 Apr - 6:04

Rumours flying around that WWE have bought the rights to 'Broken' Matt Hardy

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 28 Apr - 9:04

Ché Guerrero wrote:Not sure if i heard right on NXT but sounds like theyve announced a weekly show based around the UK championship?

Yeah was announced at the end Smile It's coming soon apparently so that's going to be fun thumbsup

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Sat 29 Apr - 7:18

My tickets for wwe uk norwich are finally here. It now feels real that the big wwe is coming to little old norwich

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sat 29 Apr - 8:43

Fernando wrote:
Ché Guerrero wrote:Not sure if i heard right on NXT but sounds like theyve announced a weekly show based around the UK championship?

Yeah was announced at the end Smile It's coming soon apparently so that's going to be another nail in the coffin of the British indie scene thumbsup

Fixed it for you thumbsup

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sat 29 Apr - 18:01

Depends when it is. To be honest they'll probably bulk tape so not going to be disastrous at all.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sat 29 Apr - 21:11

It's just another in a series of moves that's going to squeeze the life out of the British Scene, directly there targeting WOS & WCPW, and I'd be stunned if ICW & Progress are still in business in 5 years now they're in bed with them

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Sat 29 Apr - 23:57

[quote="Dr Gregory House MD"]It's just another in a series of moves that's going to squeeze the life out of the British Scene, directly there targeting WOS & WCPW, and I'd be stunned if ICW & Progress are still in business in 5 years now they're in bed with them [/quote

Why wouldn't they still be in business?

WWE need these kinds of promotions to act as a breeding ground for talent, its part of the development process

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next