Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by wayne on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 3:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

True Raven wrote:I'm sure King said he's happy to play anywhere in the back row he just won't play anymore in the 2nd row so hopefully that experiment has come and gone.

It looks like Fia will be starting tomorrow if the training session was anything to go by as he was doing reps with the first team so Jarvis should be planted on the bench
So much for what King wants then TR, ridiculous selection, as for your second sentence correct hope we don't see Jarvis until at least the 70th minute.

wayne

Posts : 2659
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down


Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by LordDowlais on Thu 19 May 2016, 12:33 pm

PhilBB wrote:Just to clarify, you see the Captain of Wales, and present Captain of the British and Irish Lions, as a 'dodgy' choice for a National Dual Contract?

No. I have not said this. But how PhilBB it is to twist things to suit his argument. Rolling Eyes

I am saying the situation surrounding it is dodgy, the same with Anscombe. It was the same with George North, the WRU were willing to pay him a contract, as long as he played for Cardiff.

LordDowlais

Posts : 10134
Join date : 2011-05-18
Age : 39
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by PhilBB on Thu 19 May 2016, 12:35 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
I am saying the situation surrounding it is dodgy, the same with Anscombe. It was the same with George North, the WRU were willing to pay him a contract, as long as he played for Cardiff.

What is dodgy about the Captain of Wales having an NDC? We can move on to Anscombe after that one's been answered.

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by mikey_dragon on Thu 19 May 2016, 12:42 pm

PhilBB wrote:
I take your view on TJ and think that you're probably right, but there's not much shown from Amos to yet suggest he is better right now. Cuthbert is an odd player that I can't fathom. He was very good right up until that first Lions test.

They would both improve at the Os by the osmosis of being surrounded by better players who have higher standards. They would not be the players the team relies on, as they are in Newport.

Faletau is a case that I think proves that point. His game hasn't progressed in the last couple of years, to the point where Jones didn't even pick him for the knock out game against Cardiff. He hasn't kicked on in his game.

I don't want the same for Morgan and Amos. Players improve by being around better players, it's just part of being a human.

Well I digress - I think Amos has shown consistent form for a few seasons, barring injury of course. James comes back to Wales picks up where he left off and waltzes back into the Wales team. I agree with you on Cuthbert, he could even put in a tackle back then. His selection was frustrating, especially as Amos and even Hewitt were more capable players. Also there's the fact that Cuthbert and Priestland seemed to be given a number of games (I lost count of how many) to 'find their form' with no sign of it coming back. It would be nice if somebody like Amos or Morgan could be given that chance, I think they would utilise it a whole lot better.

If he's one of the best in world, where does he improve? He's played in two world cups and been on a Lions tour, all whilst at the Dragons. Which KO game? I'm a bit confused there, and it's also confusing why you would bring it up - if anything it just shows what a fool Lyn Jones was.

Players can improve by being around better players, I guess their Wales selection will help with that. There also needs to be better coaching, drills, etc. I don't see either player getting that with the current Ospreys regime. Instead of creating further disparity I would prefer if we had 4 strong team in Wales.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 4944
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by PhilBB on Thu 19 May 2016, 12:49 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
Well I digress - I think Amos has shown consistent form for a few seasons, barring injury of course. James comes back to Wales picks up where he left off and waltzes back into the Wales team. I agree with you on Cuthbert, he could even put in a tackle back then. His selection was frustrating, especially as Amos and even Hewitt were more capable players. Also there's the fact that Cuthbert and Priestland seemed to be given a number of games (I lost count of how many) to 'find their form' with no sign of it coming back. It would be nice if somebody like Amos or Morgan could be given that chance, I think they would utilise it a whole lot better.

If he's one of the best in world, where does he improve? He's played in two world cups and been on a Lions tour, all whilst at the Dragons. Which KO game? I'm a bit confused there, and it's also confusing why you would bring it up - if anything it just shows what a fool Lyn Jones was.

Players can improve by being around better players, I guess their Wales selection will help with that. There also needs to be better coaching, drills, etc. I don't see either player getting that with the current Ospreys regime. Instead of creating further disparity I would prefer if we had 4 strong team in Wales.

TJ didn't waltz in. He failed in the pre-RWC camp but he got his 6N chance because of injuries elsewhere. He couldn't hack in physically, as he later admitted. He can't physically do Crosffit Gatland.

But, before we go any further, let's rid the silliness that Hewitt is capable of international rugby. The way Gatlandball uses its wingers for midfield clear out immediately negates Hewitt as a realistic prospect.

Faletau has lots of areas to improve from ball carrying to team leadership skills. He's a long way off the very top performers in the world. He was dropped for the Challenge Cup game v Cardiff last season, but you're right (of course) on Jones.

You won't have four strong teams in Wales without huge changes at NGD. If you recognise players improve for the 15 weeks they are with Gatland, the same principle must apply for the other 30. Morgan outside of Biggar and Webb is obviously going to be more beneficial than playing alongside the boy of the coach.

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by PhilBB on Thu 19 May 2016, 12:50 pm

Is somebody deleting their posts?

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Thu 19 May 2016, 12:51 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Well I digress

Just FYI Mikey, to digress doesn't mean to disagree.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 21211
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 38
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Thu 19 May 2016, 12:52 pm

I deleted a post.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 21211
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 38
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by LordDowlais on Thu 19 May 2016, 12:52 pm

PhilBB wrote:What is dodgy about the Captain of Wales having an NDC? We can move on to Anscombe after that one's been answered.


mikey posted what was so dodgy about it, I am not typing it out again.

LordDowlais

Posts : 10134
Join date : 2011-05-18
Age : 39
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by PhilBB on Thu 19 May 2016, 12:53 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
PhilBB wrote:What is dodgy about the Captain of Wales having an NDC? We can move on to Anscombe after that one's been answered.


mikey posted what was so dodgy about it, I am not typing it out again.

You're claiming it was 'dodgy' because his central contract changed to an NDC, despite you not knowing that had actually happened?

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by LordDowlais on Thu 19 May 2016, 12:57 pm

PhilBB wrote:
You're claiming it was 'dodgy' because his central contract changed to an NDC, despite you not knowing that had actually happened?

Where you in Wales at the time ? There is a reason why it was changed. You know all this, but you do not want to be straight as it does not suit your myopic ways.

LordDowlais

Posts : 10134
Join date : 2011-05-18
Age : 39
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by PhilBB on Thu 19 May 2016, 1:00 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
You're claiming it was 'dodgy' because his central contract changed to an NDC, despite you not knowing that had actually happened?

Where you in Wales at the time ? There is a reason why it was changed. You know all this, but you do not want to be straight as it does not suit your myopic ways.

"Where you in Wales"? Does that mean "were you in Wales?" or "where were you in Wales?"

SW's deal was changed because the signing of the RSA allowed NDCs. He signed the first one, as was right for many reasons. There's nothing dodgy about that other than your understanding of it as you thought that he still had his central contract, such is your finger on the pulse.

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by mikey_dragon on Thu 19 May 2016, 1:04 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Well I digress

Just FYI Mikey, to digress doesn't mean to disagree.

Thanks,

mikey_dragon

Posts : 4944
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by RiscaGame on Thu 19 May 2016, 1:05 pm

PhilBB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:RE Morgan and Amos - I think the reason they were put on NDCs were to manage their playing career and bump up their wages so they wouldn't be tempted by any Franglo teams, and you can bet they were circling around them like vultures. It's good that they were signed up though because Wales called upon them. I also believe that they should have had more game time. Amos is clearly better than Cuthbert and James; Morgan is better than JD2.

Wow. Really? Amos has huge potential but isn't up there just yet, neither is Morgan.

Both should be playing for the Os. That is the way they will improve.

Amos would be better at Scarlets in my opinion.

RiscaGame

Posts : 1001
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by PhilBB on Thu 19 May 2016, 1:08 pm

RiscaGame wrote:
Amos would be better at Scarlets in my opinion.

Good shout. Will DTH still be around next season?

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by mikey_dragon on Thu 19 May 2016, 1:12 pm

PhilBB wrote:

TJ didn't waltz in. He failed in the pre-RWC camp but he got his 6N chance because of injuries elsewhere. He couldn't hack in physically, as he later admitted. He can't physically do Crosffit Gatland.

But, before we go any further, let's rid the silliness that Hewitt is capable of international rugby. The way Gatlandball uses its wingers for midfield clear out immediately negates Hewitt as a realistic prospect.

Faletau has lots of areas to improve from ball carrying to team leadership skills. He's a long way off the very top performers in the world. He was dropped for the Challenge Cup game v Cardiff last season, but you're right (of course) on Jones.

You won't have four strong teams in Wales without huge changes at NGD. If you recognise players improve for the 15 weeks they are with Gatland, the same principle must apply for the other 30. Morgan outside of Biggar and Webb is obviously going to be more beneficial than playing alongside the boy of the coach.

I was under the impression he was in the RWC squad to hold tackle bags. I didn't read that though, and I'm surprised because James was always a great athlete.

So in other words you think he's incapable of gatlandball, not incapable of international rugby? Otherwise that would be quite the claim. Let us not also forget that Shane Williams played under Gatland for years.

Leadership skills perhaps, but maybe he doesn't need to be a leader? There's other world class players who don't happen to be captains/leaders, Vunipola, Vermeulen for example. His carrying has been very good this year, least that's how it looked to me. He gains ground with strength and good footwork, rather than just brute strength - I believe this is why some hold this misconception about him. Ah right that one, I consider that a bit of moot point.

Yes I recognise that and unfortunately it can only be achieved by going the way of Toulon or Saracens. It was a short-term solution with Saracens as they now start with mostly England players. I think Morgan has done well for us. It sounds like you want the entire Wales team at one region. Familiarity is good to an extent, but that would just be bonkers.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 4944
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by PhilBB on Thu 19 May 2016, 1:19 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
I was under the impression he was in the RWC squad to hold tackle bags. I didn't read that though, and I'm surprised because James was always a great athlete.

So in other words you think he's incapable of gatlandball, not incapable of international rugby? Otherwise that would be quite the claim. Let us not also forget that Shane Williams played under Gatland for years.

Leadership skills perhaps, but maybe he doesn't need to be a leader? There's other world class players who don't happen to be captains/leaders, Vunipola, Vermeulen for example. His carrying has been very good this year, least that's how it looked to me. He gains ground with strength and good footwork, rather than just brute strength - I believe this is why some hold this misconception about him. Ah right that one, I consider that a bit of moot point.

Yes I recognise that and unfortunately it can only be achieved by going the way of Toulon or Saracens. It was a short-term solution with Saracens as they now start with mostly England players. I think Morgan has done well for us. It sounds like you want the entire Wales team at one region. Familiarity is good to an extent, but that would just be bonkers.

His foot injury means that he can't do Crossfit Gatland.

Let's not align Williams with Hewitt, come on. Let's be realistic here. One looks good in a garbage team, the other was Shane Williams.

We'll move on from the subjective appraisal of Faletau as that won't get us anywhere. I don't think that all of the team playing in one club would beneficial but there is clearly benefits in playing alongside better players. I don't think that Amos and Morgan will improve at the NGD as quickly as they could elsewhere. I don't think that is a claim too difficult to support.

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by mikey_dragon on Thu 19 May 2016, 1:34 pm

I'm not necessarily comparing them as players, but they both have similar capabilities/limitations (size) and one has played for Wales under Gatland. I think Hewitt should be given opportunities too, and after all Matthew Morgan has been....

mikey_dragon

Posts : 4944
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by PhilBB on Thu 19 May 2016, 4:27 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:I'm not necessarily comparing them as players, but they both have similar capabilities/limitations (size) and one has played for Wales under Gatland. I think Hewitt should be given opportunities too, and after all Matthew Morgan has been....

I wish somebody could explain Matthew Morgan to me.

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by LordDowlais on Fri 20 May 2016, 9:42 am

Oh well, apparently Bradley Davies refused to go back to the Blues. He put in writing by all accounts, so perhaps people are being a bit quick to blame Ospreys for being looked after by the WRU.

LordDowlais

Posts : 10134
Join date : 2011-05-18
Age : 39
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by Stone Motif on Fri 20 May 2016, 7:05 pm

WTF Is all this osmosis horsesh1t? If you can address a player's weaknesses simply by plonking them in an environment with better players how come Dan Lydiate still carries ball with all the explosiveness of a plate of cold carrot and parsnip mash?

Stone Motif

Posts : 1884
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by Stone Motif on Fri 20 May 2016, 7:07 pm

PhilBB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:I'm not necessarily comparing them as players, but they both have similar capabilities/limitations (size) and one has played for Wales under Gatland. I think Hewitt should be given opportunities too, and after all Matthew Morgan has been....

I wish somebody could explain Matthew Morgan to me.

The rugby player Andy Bowelais wishes he could have been.

Stone Motif

Posts : 1884
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by Cardiff Dave on Sun 22 May 2016, 8:30 pm

PhilBB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:I'm not necessarily comparing them as players, but they both have similar capabilities/limitations (size) and one has played for Wales under Gatland. I think Hewitt should be given opportunities too, and after all Matthew Morgan has been....

I wish somebody could explain Matthew Morgan to me.

Best "acceleration from a standing start" in Top Trumps.
Destined for the Rags maybe since the club have taken back control?

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 5984
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by PhilBB on Mon 23 May 2016, 4:33 pm

Stone Motif wrote:WTF Is all this osmosis horsesh1t? If you can address a player's weaknesses simply by plonking them in an environment with better players how come Dan Lydiate still carries ball with all the explosiveness of a plate of cold carrot and parsnip mash?

Because that's what Gatland wants.

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by PhilBB on Mon 23 May 2016, 4:34 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:I'm not necessarily comparing them as players, but they both have similar capabilities/limitations (size) and one has played for Wales under Gatland. I think Hewitt should be given opportunities too, and after all Matthew Morgan has been....

I wish somebody could explain Matthew Morgan to me.

The rugby player Andy Bowelais wishes he could have been.

Best. Explanation. Ever.

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by wayne on Mon 23 May 2016, 9:31 pm

Our medical staff have put out an update that 4 players, Tyler Ardron, Dan Baker, Ma'afu Fia and Jeff Hassler have all made good recoveries from late season surgery and all should be available for our pre- season Friendlies, hopefully all come through ready for the season and there will be no need to play players out of position.

wayne

Posts : 2659
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by Stone Motif on Wed 25 May 2016, 8:53 am

More professional nous from the Fish Hawks - the kind that the rest of the pro rugby universe can only look upon and dream - the season was a write off due to the nutritional habits of his young players, according to the winner of the True Raven coaching award 2016....

Stone Motif

Posts : 1884
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by wayne on Wed 25 May 2016, 9:17 am

Hanno Dirksen had to have reconstructive knee surgery due to the Judgement Day injury sustained against Cardiff Blues, he will miss at least part of the new season.

Also very informative double interview with Steve Tandy on our website, in which among others there were mistakes admitted about certain recruitment decisions, but also about some of the outstanding recruitment decisions made in the last few seasons.

wayne

Posts : 2659
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by PhilBB on Wed 25 May 2016, 10:15 am

Anybody seen the Bradley interview yet?

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by LordDowlais on Wed 25 May 2016, 1:06 pm

PhilBB wrote:Anybody seen the Bradley interview yet?

Yes, and here it is:-

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/bradley-davies-reveals-exactly-chose-11382996


Interesting are these points that he makes:-

“Obviously I had been at the Blues before, but looking into it a bit more and having talked to my family, I want to come back, I want to compete and I want to be winning titles and stuff."


“I thought the Ospreys would be the best chance of that really."


“Having played against them for 8-10 years they have always been the best team in Wales in my view."


“It’s something I’d like to get involved with and hopefully win some titles."


"Davies says he has been impressed by the vision of head coach Steve Tandy - once he was sure exactly who he was talking to!"


“Steve is a really good guy and I liked his vision for the club and how he wants to go forward. I wanted that, a coach that actually wants to win things."


So there we go, he thought Ospreys were better than any other team in Wales, and he thought highly of Steve Tandy.

LordDowlais

Posts : 10134
Join date : 2011-05-18
Age : 39
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by wayne on Wed 25 May 2016, 3:47 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
PhilBB wrote:Anybody seen the Bradley interview yet?

Yes, and here it is:-

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/bradley-davies-reveals-exactly-chose-11382996


Interesting are these points that he makes:-

“Obviously I had been at the Blues before, but looking into it a bit more and having talked to my family, I want to come back, I want to compete and I want to be winning titles and stuff."


“I thought the Ospreys would be the best chance of that really."


“Having played against them for 8-10 years they have always been the best team in Wales in my view."


“It’s something I’d like to get involved with and hopefully win some titles."


"Davies says he has been impressed by the vision of head coach Steve Tandy - once he was sure exactly who he was talking to!"


“Steve is a really good guy and I liked his vision for the club and how he wants to go forward. I wanted that, a coach that actually wants to win things."


So there we go, he thought Ospreys were better than any other team in Wales, and he thought highly of Steve Tandy.
Just to add, if you want to see the FULL interview, it is on Ospreys TV, on their own website, quite a funny exchange involving Paul James, and it totally destroys the myth that the Ospreys had anything to do with starting the whole mess, as he explains it was Gatland.

wayne

Posts : 2659
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by True Raven on Wed 25 May 2016, 3:56 pm

And that he had the option of the Blues and turned them down, so the WRU must have financed the release fee or negotiated it with external sources. Good bit of business by the Ospreys

True Raven

Posts : 736
Join date : 2015-12-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by PhilBB on Wed 25 May 2016, 3:57 pm

True Raven wrote:And that he had the option of the Blues and turned them down, so the WRU must have financed the release fee or negotiated it with external sources.  Good bit of business by the Ospreys

Yes, that use of 'external' may be pushing its definition.

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by Stone Motif on Wed 25 May 2016, 8:05 pm

wayne wrote:Hanno Dirksen had to have reconstructive knee surgery due to the Judgement Day injury sustained against Cardiff Blues, he will miss at least part of the new season.

Also very informative double interview with Steve Tandy on our website, in which among others there were mistakes admitted about certain recruitment decisions, but also about some of the outstanding recruitment decisions made in the last few seasons.

Informative in that you'd expect future Welsh international coach Steve Tandy to be able to keep his young players out of Maccy D's

Stone Motif

Posts : 1884
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by Cardiff Dave on Wed 25 May 2016, 10:50 pm

wayne wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
PhilBB wrote:Anybody seen the Bradley interview yet?

Yes, and here it is:-

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/bradley-davies-reveals-exactly-chose-11382996


Interesting are these points that he makes:-

“Obviously I had been at the Blues before, but looking into it a bit more and having talked to my family, I want to come back, I want to compete and I want to be winning titles and stuff."


“I thought the Ospreys would be the best chance of that really."


“Having played against them for 8-10 years they have always been the best team in Wales in my view."


“It’s something I’d like to get involved with and hopefully win some titles."


"Davies says he has been impressed by the vision of head coach Steve Tandy - once he was sure exactly who he was talking to!"


“Steve is a really good guy and I liked his vision for the club and how he wants to go forward. I wanted that, a coach that actually wants to win things."


So there we go, he thought Ospreys were better than any other team in Wales, and he thought highly of Steve Tandy.
Just to add, if you want to see the FULL interview, it is on Ospreys TV, on their own website, quite a funny exchange involving Paul James, and it totally destroys the myth that the Ospreys had anything to do with starting the whole mess, as he explains it was Gatland.

"Steve is a really good guy and I liked his vision for the club...."

Snigger and meh.

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 5984
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by mikey_dragon on Thu 26 May 2016, 10:22 am

Bradley is a liar, or just plain dull. Why does he think the Ospreys are the best chance of winning silverware? They haven't in years. Neither have Cardiff, but he's basing it on past honours anyway, which Cardiff also have an abundance of - they've got further than Ospreys in Europe on numerous occasions and he was even playing for them at the time. So he is either lying or just very stupid - I would guess a bit of both especially with his comments about Steve Tandy. I hope his move to link-up with AWJ is a good one for him and Ospreys anyway as I do think there is some potential in that team further down the line.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 4944
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by PhilBB on Thu 26 May 2016, 2:00 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Bradley is a liar, or just plain dull. Why does he think the Ospreys are the best chance of winning silverware? They haven't in years. Neither have Cardiff, but he's basing it on past honours anyway, which Cardiff also have an abundance of - they've got further than Ospreys in Europe on numerous occasions and he was even playing for them at the time. So he is either lying or just very stupid - I would guess a bit of both especially with his comments about Steve Tandy. I hope his move to link-up with AWJ is a good one for him and Ospreys anyway as I do think there is some potential in that team further down the line.

He's not lying. He isn't the brightest, but he's not plain dull either. He's just saying what the supporters of the Os want to hear.

PhilBB

Posts : 3515
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by mikey_dragon on Thu 26 May 2016, 2:06 pm

PhilBB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Bradley is a liar, or just plain dull. Why does he think the Ospreys are the best chance of winning silverware? They haven't in years. Neither have Cardiff, but he's basing it on past honours anyway, which Cardiff also have an abundance of - they've got further than Ospreys in Europe on numerous occasions and he was even playing for them at the time. So he is either lying or just very stupid - I would guess a bit of both especially with his comments about Steve Tandy. I hope his move to link-up with AWJ is a good one for him and Ospreys anyway as I do think there is some potential in that team further down the line.

He's not lying. He isn't the brightest, but he's not plain dull either. He's just saying what the supporters of the Os want to hear.

Well it's BS then - there's a subtle difference between that and lying.... And yeah plain dull was overly harsh as I don't particularly know him.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 4944
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by wayne on Thu 26 May 2016, 7:56 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Bradley is a liar, or just plain dull. Why does he think the Ospreys are the best chance of winning silverware? They haven't in years. Neither have Cardiff, but he's basing it on past honours anyway, which Cardiff also have an abundance of - they've got further than Ospreys in Europe on numerous occasions and he was even playing for them at the time. So he is either lying or just very stupid - I would guess a bit of both especially with his comments about Steve Tandy. I hope his move to link-up with AWJ is a good one for him and Ospreys anyway as I do think there is some potential in that team further down the line.
Numerous times Mikey? I think you need to go and do some research boy. The Ospreys only came into existence in 2003, so don't go quoting any previous records to that date, and also don't go quoting the lesser cup that they won by FAILING to qualify for the Quarter final of the main competition, that the Ospreys did qualify in, in that year.

I also love these keyboard warriors, a liar or just plain dull? Would you say that to his face, I only put on here what I'm prepared to say to that person face to face.

wayne

Posts : 2659
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by wayne on Thu 26 May 2016, 9:53 pm

Jeff Hassler has signed a one year extension to his present contract, he was already signed up to the end of the 16/17 season, this will take him through to the summer of 2018, he recently had shoulder surgery to clear up a long standing niggle, he gave up on his International aspirations for the summer in order to be ready for his FIRST full pre season with us.

Pleased with this early signing, could really do with another back 3 signing before the return for pre season, IIRC Dan Evans has played in every single game for us in the Guinness and RCC for the last 2 seasons, we have really chanced our luck the past 2 seasons, that he has not had a serious injury.

wayne

Posts : 2659
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by Stone Motif on Thu 26 May 2016, 9:56 pm

wayne wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Bradley is a liar, or just plain dull. Why does he think the Ospreys are the best chance of winning silverware? They haven't in years. Neither have Cardiff, but he's basing it on past honours anyway, which Cardiff also have an abundance of - they've got further than Ospreys in Europe on numerous occasions and he was even playing for them at the time. So he is either lying or just very stupid - I would guess a bit of both especially with his comments about Steve Tandy. I hope his move to link-up with AWJ is a good one for him and Ospreys anyway as I do think there is some potential in that team further down the line.
Numerous times Mikey? I think you need to go and do some research boy. The Ospreys only came into existence in 2003, so don't go quoting any previous records to that date, and also don't go quoting the lesser cup that they won by FAILING to qualify for the Quarter final of the main competition, that the Ospreys did qualify in, in that year.

I also love these keyboard warriors, a liar or just plain dull? Would you say that to his face, I only put on here what I'm prepared to say to that person face to face.
Laugh yeah right fan boi, love to hear you tell Warburton how soft you think he is as per your recent post. Stop talking bilge.

Stone Motif

Posts : 1884
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by Cardiff Dave on Fri 27 May 2016, 5:54 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Bradley is a liar, or just plain dull. Why does he think the Ospreys are the best chance of winning silverware? They haven't in years. Neither have Cardiff, but he's basing it on past honours anyway, which Cardiff also have an abundance of - they've got further than Ospreys in Europe on numerous occasions and he was even playing for them at the time. So he is either lying or just very stupid - I would guess a bit of both especially with his comments about Steve Tandy. I hope his move to link-up with AWJ is a good one for him and Ospreys anyway as I do think there is some potential in that team further down the line.

He's not lying. He isn't the brightest, but he's not plain dull either. He's just saying what the supporters of the Os want to hear.

Well it's BS then - there's a subtle difference between that and lying.... And yeah plain dull was overly harsh as I don't particularly know him.

Fibbing a bit then and you must have noticed that many players spout similar stuff at contract renewal time.

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 5984
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by mikey_dragon on Fri 27 May 2016, 10:30 pm

wayne wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Bradley is a liar, or just plain dull. Why does he think the Ospreys are the best chance of winning silverware? They haven't in years. Neither have Cardiff, but he's basing it on past honours anyway, which Cardiff also have an abundance of - they've got further than Ospreys in Europe on numerous occasions and he was even playing for them at the time. So he is either lying or just very stupid - I would guess a bit of both especially with his comments about Steve Tandy. I hope his move to link-up with AWJ is a good one for him and Ospreys anyway as I do think there is some potential in that team further down the line.
Numerous times Mikey? I think you need to go and do some research boy. The Ospreys only came into existence in 2003, so don't go quoting any previous records to that date, and also don't go quoting the lesser cup that they won by FAILING to qualify for the Quarter final of the main competition, that the Ospreys did qualify in, in that year.

I also love these keyboard warriors, a liar or just plain dull? Would you say that to his face, I only put on here what I'm prepared to say to that person face to face.

Yes, only counting from 2003 onwards. Europe is Europe, despite the tiers. Blues can top their group and get beyond the QF, they can also win European silverware - so they have got further than the Ospreys. I doubt Ospreys would have won it because they've never beaten Toulon in France.

I can assure that I would tell you to your face that you're a whiny little bitch, now bore off.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 4944
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Sat 28 May 2016, 8:29 am

mikey_dragon wrote:plain dull was overly harsh as I don't particularly know him.

Agreed.

mikey_dragon wrote:I can assure that I would tell you to your face that you're a whiny little bitch, now bore off.

Hmm. Do you 'particularly know' Wayne?

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 21211
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 38
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by mikey_dragon on Sat 28 May 2016, 9:57 am

Going by his posts on here LP. What's your problem anyway? I've noticed you tend to go around being a bit of a bitch yourself, and it's only against other Welsh posters even when they're defending Wales against English WUMs?

mikey_dragon

Posts : 4944
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Sun 29 May 2016, 12:19 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Going by his posts on here LP. What's your problem anyway? I've noticed you tend to go around being a bit of a bitch yourself, and it's only against other Welsh posters even when they're defending Wales against English WUMs?

There you go again, insulting someone you've never met. Why do you do it?

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 21211
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 38
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by mikey_dragon on Sun 29 May 2016, 5:00 pm

Because you act like a bitch on here - it's an observation?

mikey_dragon

Posts : 4944
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by George Carlin on Mon 30 May 2016, 10:23 am

Just to try and segue away from any todger comparison exercises that may, or indeed may not, be happening on this thread at the moment - can Os fans offer a relatively compact explanation as to what went wrong for them this season?

I am not being funny at all - I am just not close enough to Welsh rugby to know.

I always expect a Welsh side to be hammering down the back end of the season looking likely for a play off place and not to see that this season was, well, a bit weird to be honest.

George Carlin
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 12840
Join date : 2011-06-23
Location : United Arab Emirates

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by BamBam on Mon 30 May 2016, 10:25 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Going by his posts on here LP. What's your problem anyway? I've noticed you tend to go around being a bit of a bitch yourself, and it's only against other Welsh posters even when they're defending Wales against English WUMs?

Defending Wales Laugh

Go forth soldier, defend your borders

BamBam

Posts : 9574
Join date : 2011-03-17
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by mikey_dragon on Mon 30 May 2016, 11:14 am

Zzzzzzzzz

mikey_dragon

Posts : 4944
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by Breadvan on Mon 30 May 2016, 11:34 am

George Carlin wrote:Just to try and segue away from any todger comparison exercises that may, or indeed may not, be happening on this thread at the moment - can Os fans offer a relatively compact explanation as to what went wrong for them this season?

I am not being funny at all - I am just not close enough to Welsh rugby to know.

I always expect a Welsh side to be hammering down the back end of the season looking likely for a play off place and not to see that this season was, well, a bit weird to be honest.

We started the season woefully GC. I know the Ospreys were missing the world cup players but our performances were dire. No attacking invention, slow and predictable added to a pouros defence. It was only when the players did return, the players confidence picked up and we starting to play a bit. The derby defeat v Scarlets and the shambles at Exeter summed up the whole season and only when we needed bonus points, we actually looked ok. To little to late tho. Some of Tandy's selections were baffling and the inability play heads up back play cost us. He (Tandy) needs a DOR above him and a new backs caoch is required for next season.

Breadvan

Posts : 2650
Join date : 2011-05-23
Location : Swansea & Port toilet

Back to top Go down

Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:21 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum