The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Be the Booker. Question One.

+4
Adam D
Paul Mac 6CW
Marky
Samo
8 posters

Go down

Be the Booker. Question One.  Empty Be the Booker. Question One.

Post by Samo Wed 09 Mar 2016, 3:07 pm

To try and stimulate discussion and for a wee bit of fun, I thought I would come up with some fantasy booking scenarios then present you guys a choice and let you pick how and why you move forward, giving you the chance to -Crowd chant- Be. The. Booker!! -woooooo-

No prizes and there are no right or wrong answers, just a bit of fun and debate.

First Question:

You run your own federation and you hve a tag team who have been tagging since the fed started, and both have expressed their desire to pursue singles careers. As with most tag teams, one of them is generally better in the ring, more charismatic and more over with the fans - not alot, but its still noticeable. (Think Matt and Jeff Hardy.)

You decide the best course of action is to turn one of them heel on the other so they can work together for a few months to get over with the fans (They already have great chemistry so you dont need to worry about match quality). The question is, which one do you turn?

A. Turn the one who is more over, and have them express frustration that their partner isnt as good as them and they have been carrying them. Or...

B. Turn the one is isnt as over, have them express jealousy that their partner gets all the adulation of the crowd when they're meant to be equals.

Pick which option you think would be the best then explain why, and we'll see how much debate when can generate. Have fun!

Samo

Back to top Go down

Be the Booker. Question One.  Empty Re: Be the Booker. Question One.

Post by Marky Wed 09 Mar 2016, 3:12 pm

Definitely Option B for me.

If one is over as a face and the other isn't, no point turning the over one heel to force the other one over as a face otherwise you end up with a Roman Reigns issue.

That's how I'd compare it, Option A would be Dean Ambrose turning heel on Roman Reigns to get Reigns over, everyone knows it wouldn't work. Option B would be Reigns turning heel on Ambrose which would freshen up Reigns, take the pressure off of him going forward and allow him to get to where he needs to be more naturally.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Wed 09 Mar 2016, 3:16 pm

Definitely option B

On another note Samo if you're looking for creative stimulation and enjoy be the booker type things may I suggest 6CW?

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Location : Born in Surrey, live near Sunderland and work in London

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 09 Mar 2016, 5:35 pm

Option A for me.

You get instant heat for the charismatic one. Also, it's harder being a good heel than a good face so that works too.

And when the months of build eventually leads to the face turn, you have someone who is a top star as opposed to a kid card face.

For an example of heel to face react action and build, look no further than EC3.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 09 Mar 2016, 7:00 pm

Paul Mac 6CW wrote:Definitely option B

On another note Samo if you're looking for creative stimulation and enjoy be the booker type things may I suggest 6CW?

I'll take a look mate, cheers!

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 10 Mar 2016, 9:06 am

It's worth noting that when The Rockers split up, it was Shawn Michaels, the better of the two that ended up turning heel.

Logic says though that you turn the one that is less good, that way the popularity of the better partner should help them also get over as a heel. Although I think there is a lot of merit in what Adam is saying, that the more charismatic one would make the better heel and often wrestlers end up being a bigger and better face further down the line because of a successful heel run - see Stone Cold, The Rock, John Cena, Triple H etc.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 10 Mar 2016, 1:33 pm

I suppose much depends on context. But it's usually a version of "you're holding me back" whether because you're the star and I'm jealous or because one feels they are being held back by the other.

And on whether it's a face or heel team. Heel teams you need to see one find some sort of moral compass the other does not abide by.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 10 Mar 2016, 9:20 pm

Be the Booker. Question One.  10hwez

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Fri 11 Mar 2016, 6:17 pm

Option A for me. If that guy is going to be your "guy" in future then for me the best route is to be a heel first before transitioning to beloved baby face from the main event and not the mid card.

And the other guy can play the bullied face (a role requiring less charisma) and can either reach the top later or won't, either way is fine because the real money player has got the shot to the top.

Even just focusing on this feud itself the heel needs to be the better worker and talker because they will control the verbals and the matches. And the crowd will be more into a feud if the heel gets a stronger reaction...

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 11 Mar 2016, 8:08 pm

But if he is already so well liked people don't want to boo him. Especially if he is the notable talent, today's crowds are not gonna cheer, say, Sin Cara over Kalisto.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down