The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post WM Main Event Scene

4 posters

Go down

Post WM Main Event Scene Empty Post WM Main Event Scene

Post by JoshSansom Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:37 pm

While WWE seem to have, by hook or by crook, found their way to a main event picture for Wrestlemania, the structural issues at the top of the card are likely to remain. Reigns, Ambrose, Lesnar are all faces (whether the crowd agrees with that or not) and Cena/Rollins are expected back over the next few months to probable face positions - unless Seth stays heel out of necessity.

It raises the question over where WWE goes in terms of heels... HHH will be unlikely to be competing before Summerslam at the earliest, Jericho looks like a fat Charles Robinson, AJ Styles is only going to work as a face in WWE, Bray Wyatt has no direction and not everything can be left up to Kevin Owens... oh yeah, and the League of Nations really are mid card.

So, where does that leave the top of the card post Mania? For me there is one really interesting option, a kind of JBL situation that I think could really work, and that is Bubba Dudley. Great talker, old fashioned smash mouth heel, I think that he would really work and be able to get legitimate heat at the top of the card while also having some fresh feuds with people like Reigns or Rollins.

Thoughts? Or does someone else come to mind?

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post WM Main Event Scene Empty Re: Post WM Main Event Scene

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:43 pm

It's so weird for me to see people criticise WWE then posit Bubba Ray as a top heel. He cannot work a good match.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:12 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:It's so weird for me to see people criticise WWE then posit Bubba Ray as a top heel. He cannot work a good match.

I don't remember actively criticising the WWE particularly. I think they have been hugely hit by injuries. In light of this they have a card with a fantastic mid card line up and main event scene that is OK. I think they are making a mistake on Reigns because he would get over better as a face in the long term by having a heel run first.

I also think that some of the talent haven't progressed as much as they should have, Bray Wyatt being a case in point. His promos are lack structure and purpose and the main reason for me that his feuds feel so same-y is that he isn't doing anything to invest us as the audience into a meaningful conclusion. I think he needs some real support backstage in taking a fantastic concept (beginning of the storyline) and turning out a proper middle and end.

Anyway, to Dudley, I think he can work a match that is good enough, and most of all he has a mouth that can get him heat and could build and feud and get a face over. At the moment the WWE really doesn't have experienced heel characters that the audience wants to boo.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:54 am

Sorry Josh pal, not so much aimed at you but it's an idea a couple have posted and I just can't be having it really. So many talents you could push over him

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:12 am

Bubba Ray is great on the mic, and can hold a crowd in his palm but I've never seen a singles match of his thats made me go 'Yes, this guy is a serious main event worker'.

There is a massive over-saturation of heels but none of them scream main event. If they get behind Ryback a bit I could see him being in a main event on a B PPV, would fill a gap. With Barrett leaving soon the LoN will likely disband, so Rusev can be a top heel.

Seth Rollins will return a face - as do most who return from injury so now could be the time to turn Reigns and start building to the Shield triple threat match at Summerslam for the title.

Reigns and Ambrose at the top of the card as heel and face respectively gives your more options that having them both face. I wouldnt be surprised to see a Bray Wyatt turn later this year. He worked well as a face in NXT but I dont know how that would translate in a bigger crowd.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:35 am

There's no shortage shortage of talents who'd work as main event heels for me Owens, Reigns, Rusev and Balor are standouts for me, but everyone is working to play catch up the minute they are presented as cowering and subservient to HHH and Stephanie which they all inevitably are

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:50 am

Rollins has proven himself able too, more than able. And I would suggest Ambrose still has a fantastic heel run waiting for him. Potential for New Day to move up to the main event. 

Corbin, Joe, and they could use Ziggler and Rhodes too.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down