The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indy Promotions Discussion Thread

+11
Bull
The_Enigma
Gregers
ncfc_Tooze
Kay Fabe
talkingpoint
Dr Gregory House MD
Fernando
ADMIN
Holymiky
AberdeenSteve
15 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Indy Promotions Discussion Thread Empty Indy Promotions Discussion Thread

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 03 Jun 2011, 9:40 am

Thought I'd create a thread for those who are interested in the Indy wrestling fed Ring of Honor to discuss or post any news referring to the company.

Probably won't be too busy on here but just thought i'd post a link to the ROH website to start some discussion.

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/june-2nd-newswire-2/

It's been announced that the ROH Tag Titles will be defended at Best In The World 2011 by TWGTT against The Briscoes, The All Night Express AND The Kings of Wrestling in a Fatal Four Way Elimination match. That will be Tag Team wrestling at its finest.

I am also incredibly looking forward to the World Title bout between Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards. I can see Richard's stealing this one.

What are everyone elses thoughts?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Indy Promotions Discussion Thread Empty Re: Indy Promotions Discussion Thread

Post by Holymiky Fri 03 Jun 2011, 9:45 am

Hey Steve,

Go check out my post in the Nags and...

What night is ROH on? I am interested as i wanted to get involved and start watching it on the net because i have an amazing site i use for wrestling uploads because i don't have sky but i have never got into a routine of watching it because i am unsure of what day it airs on.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 03 Jun 2011, 9:51 am

Frankly that tag match shows the likes of WWE that tag teams are not filler, are not something to be swept under the carpet as an afterthought.
ROH continue month after month to put on THE best shows and I really hope this new tv deal gives them the added exposure but not at the cost of diluting their product.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 03 Jun 2011, 9:54 am

I'll go have a look just now mate.

The weekly episodes of ROH haven't been on since April due to their partnership with HDNet expired. They are currently announcing news through weekly newswires on their website. The weekly shows are due to start again in September of this year with the announcement of a partnership with Sinclair Broadcasting in the States. I ain't too sure if they'll be aired over here though.

The 'Best of the World 2011' is being held on the 26th of June

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 03 Jun 2011, 10:01 am

Hero wrote:Frankly that tag match shows the likes of WWE that tag teams are not filler, are not something to be swept under the carpet as an afterthought.
ROH continue month after month to put on THE best shows and I really hope this new tv deal gives them the added exposure but not at the cost of diluting their product.

Can't agree more with you there Hero. The tag matches that ROH host are normally the best matches of the night, that tag match I mentioned in the OP will no doubt steal the show. 8 immensely talented guys in one ring, how can that be classed as anything other than fantastic is beyond me. Really looking forward to seeing that match.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 03 Jun 2011, 11:50 am

anyone got the full card for it, sounds like a amazing show so far.

i usually just watch/download them online through the website steve knows about but recently actually purchased some from the rohstore

watched all 5 and couldn't find a bad match in any of them OK

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 03 Jun 2011, 11:55 am

The full card has been announced yet Nando, there has only been the tag titles & the world title matches announced. They are telling us the contender for the TV title will be announced this Tuesday coming.

I can see there being a match involving Jacobs and Corino in some way.

Miky, you should get the link to the website that Nando mentioned. You'll get all the older stuff when the likes of Punk, Joe, Styles, Danielson, Wolfe etc were all performing there.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 03 Jun 2011, 12:03 pm

i hope so that jacobs come back cos their's no way he'll behave he was a evil s.o.b.

eddie vs davey will quite possibly be match of the year.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 03 Jun 2011, 12:23 pm

http://destinationwrestling.forumcommunity.net/?t=34592440

that's for you miky OK

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Fri 03 Jun 2011, 12:45 pm

Cheers mate thumbsup

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 03 Jun 2011, 12:51 pm

Nando, I think you have a great point with Edwards v Richards being a possible match of the year. They are both technically brilliant wrestlers and the fact that they have the history of being tag partners and both will be out to prove they were the better half of the American Wolves.

You are in for an eye opener Miky, ROH is proper wrestling. None of that John Cena stuff Whistle

I kid, I kid .. Hug

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 03 Jun 2011, 12:59 pm

I don't see Richards winning the title from Edwards at the first attempt, Edwards is extremly over as champion and I don't see ROH wanting to squander this feud too quickly, also I feel the longer Richards chase contnues the hotter it will get, for me Richards to win the title at Final Battle would be a good idea

The tag scene in ROH is very good but I fear it is stating to get thin, The Briscoes and the KOW feuded sufficently over 2010 and while TWGTT are fresh at the moment as champions they only have three credible challangers in The Briscoes, The KOW (who they have faced a few times already) and The All Night Express who are still in the process of really establishing themselves, below that with the exception of the promising Kyle/O'Rilley tandam I don't see a huge amount to excite me, The Dark City Fight Club in particular are a let down, for me ROH need to get 2 new teams to the top table, whether they promote from within or from outside, to really solidify there position

While I am being critical of ROH I also feel they need to introduce a top line main event heel into the main event scene, they have a super over babyface as I already stated in Edwards and Richards is excelling as a tweener but I feel there is something missing as far as a heel goes, Strong is probably the most credible in that position but he still has to make a final push, If Kevin Steen returns to the promotion anytime soon he could be an ideal candidate, as would CM Punk if he decides to break from WWE but not wrestling entirly, that said I never fail to be amazed at ROH's ability to create from within and seeing yesterdays nearly men or mid-carders being tomorrows hottest property, so ill wait and see

I am excited at the prospect of Best in the World and have so far been very impressed with the Delerious/|Cornette booking team and I hope ROH continues to go from strength to strength

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 03 Jun 2011, 1:01 pm

AberdeenSteve wrote:Nando, I think you have a great point with Edwards v Richards being a possible match of the year. They are both technically brilliant wrestlers and the fact that they have the history of being tag partners and both will be out to prove they were the better half of the American Wolves.

You are in for an eye opener Miky, ROH is proper wrestling. None of that John Cena stuff Whistle

I kid, I kid .. Hug

unfortunately i can see the match being interrupted to keep the tension up between them of who's better.

miky what your see is what samoa joe should of become in tna.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Fri 03 Jun 2011, 1:06 pm

fernando wrote:
AberdeenSteve wrote:Nando, I think you have a great point with Edwards v Richards being a possible match of the year. They are both technically brilliant wrestlers and the fact that they have the history of being tag partners and both will be out to prove they were the better half of the American Wolves.

I kid, I kid .. Hug

unfortunately i can see the match being interrupted to keep the tension up between them of who's better.

miky what your see is what samoa joe should of become in tna.

I have seen ROH before and it's style is very different from WWE. I really like watching it but the only problem i think they have is the crowd size, obviously they probably don't get the venue sizes that WWE can cater for and they do a very good job with what they have.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 03 Jun 2011, 1:12 pm

Cracking post Gregor!

Got to agree with you on the Tag team scene, they do need to create another tag team or two to keep the feuds fresh. Do you think Corino and Jacobs may tag together?

They are in need of a top heel too. Samoa Joe, come back Sad

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 03 Jun 2011, 9:52 pm

http://wweo.net/?movie=/info/2056/roh---manhatten-mayhem-iii

Smile

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat 04 Jun 2011, 10:14 am

That must be the first ROH PPV they've put up?

It looks an unbelievable card for that show but I am pretty sure it was rather poor on quality in the matches and full of filler, tag team submission match involving Edwards, Richard and El Generico and a fatal four way with Danielson, Cabana, Castagnoli and D'LO BROWN!!! should be an epic card but I'll hold proper opinion until I have watched it.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat 04 Jun 2011, 1:25 pm

There is a deal on the ROH store website if anyone is interested.

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/buy-1-get-1-free-roh-dvd-sale/

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Tue 07 Jun 2011, 7:39 pm

El Generico announced to be challenging Daniels for the TV Title.

Anyone see Generico winning this one?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 07 Jun 2011, 7:46 pm

AberdeenSteve wrote:El Generico announced to be challenging Daniels for the TV Title.

with daniels back in tna, it could very well happen and would be deservedly so as i believe he's one of the best talents they have in roh Smile

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 07 Jun 2011, 11:00 pm

fernando wrote:
AberdeenSteve wrote:El Generico announced to be challenging Daniels for the TV Title.

with daniels back in tna, it could very well happen and would be deservedly so as i believe he's one of the best talents they have in roh Smile

While I am a big fan of Generico, if he wins it would mean that all 3 of ROHs titles would be held by faces, while I have no problem with faces holding titles, I feel this once again illistrates the lack of depth in the heel sector ROH posesses,when a face is as over as Generico I think the chase is just as (perhaps more) important as the payoff so if ROH do feel the need to take the title off Daniels due to his TNA commitments then I would give it to another heel, perhaps Roderick Strong as he seems to be slipping away from the main event, not only would this add a variety to the title scene it also gives Generico someone to chase for the title

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 08 Jun 2011, 2:14 pm

ROH officials were greeted with a surprising email from The Embassy’s Barrister R.D. Evans at the start of business Monday morning. Contained within the e-mail was a .PDF file of the paperwork Mr. Evans filed in court regarding the alleged assaults, amongst other charges, perpetrated by “The Notorious 187” Homicide on various members of Prince Nana’s Embassy. As this is apparently now a matter of public record, Mr. Evans requested that Ring of Honor officials provide the ROH faithful a means to view the documents so “…the people can see for themselves just what type of man Homicide truly is, and be aware of just what charges are being levied against this thug.”

ROH officials have complied with the Barrister’s wish and by clicking on the link below; you can read the multi-page document that Mr. Evans has presumably filed in court. Certain privileged information has been blacked out, but the important points of the document remain intact. When asked for his thoughts on the matter, Homicide simply laughed and said, “Talk to my lawyer.”

http://www.rohwrestling.com/HomicideLawsuit2.pdf

its a fun read

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu 09 Jun 2011, 3:23 pm

Where do you see the Corino/Jacobs angle with the House of Truth going? Do you see anyone else siding with the 'faces' of Corino and Jacobs?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu 09 Jun 2011, 7:13 pm

Most up to date Best In The World 2011 Card:

ROH World Title Match
Eddie Edwards defends vs. Davey Richards

World Tag Team Title Four Way Elimination Match
ROH World Tag Team Champions Wrestling’s Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin) defend vs. The Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli) vs. The All Night Express (Rhett Titus & Kenny King) vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe

World TV Title Match
Christopher Daniels with Truth Martini defends vs. El Generico

Special Challenge Match #1
Steve Corino with Jimmy Jacobs vs. Michael Elgin with Truth Martini

Special Challenge Match #2
“The Prodigy” Mike Bennett vs. Jay Lethal

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 09 Jun 2011, 8:10 pm

AberdeenSteve wrote:Where do you see the Corino/Jacobs angle with the House of Truth going? Do you see anyone else siding with the 'faces' of Corino and Jacobs?

at some point jacobs will turn back to his evil old self OK

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Mon 13 Jun 2011, 10:27 pm

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/talent-signed-for-richmond-charlotte/

Anyone want to hazard a guess at who this tag team and main eventer are?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 13 Jun 2011, 10:53 pm

prince nana has got rhino as his bodyguard but ive no idea about the tag team

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Mon 13 Jun 2011, 10:59 pm

Yeah, I seen the video that had been posted on to the website. Rhyno ain't a terrible wrestler and him being put in as Nana's body guard adds to Nana's heel character brilliantly.

Really cannot think of the tag team either mate; possible Bucks return to ROH?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 13 Jun 2011, 11:11 pm

possibly they aren't happy in tna ,

although you have misread things lol

The only thing officials have determined at this point is that the challengers will NOT be a team scheduled in the 4-Way Title Bout going down at “Best in the World 2011”

ROH officials are also in the process of signing a huge main event for our return to Charlotte and that will be announced shortly!

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Mon 13 Jun 2011, 11:14 pm

Are you on about me misreading the main event bit mate?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 13 Jun 2011, 11:15 pm

yeah its that or im misreading it

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Mon 13 Jun 2011, 11:19 pm

No, I misread it mate.
I thought they were signing someone new to appear in it, but they are only signing a new tag team.

I can see Edwards retaining at 'Best In The World' and we'll have a triple threat betwwen Eddie, Davey and Strong afterwards.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 13 Jun 2011, 11:27 pm

it that's or strong will interrupt the richards - edwards match

personally id book it to go to a 60 min draw.

might bring in a Japanese team?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 15 Jun 2011, 9:44 am

A Japanese team would be brilliant! All I can hope is that they don't end up making a massive anti climax and announcing the team as the Bravado Brothers! Laugh

Rhyno v Homicide has just been announced for BITW 2011!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed 15 Jun 2011, 11:59 am

AberdeenSteve wrote:Most up to date Best In The World 2011 Card:

ROH World Title Match
Eddie Edwards defends vs. Davey Richards

World Tag Team Title Four Way Elimination Match
ROH World Tag Team Champions Wrestling’s Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin) defend vs. The Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli) vs. The All Night Express (Rhett Titus & Kenny King) vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe

World TV Title Match
Christopher Daniels with Truth Martini defends vs. El Generico

Special Challenge Match #1
Steve Corino with Jimmy Jacobs vs. Michael Elgin with Truth Martini

Special Challenge Match #2
“The Prodigy” Mike Bennett vs. Jay Lethal

The title matches are insane! This is a very strong card and you know the quality of wrestling will be second to none! OK

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 15 Jun 2011, 7:57 pm

Gen Me just been announced to perform at Best In The World and it looks like they are taking on Cole and O'Reilly. Which I am very happy about as if they faced the Bravado Brothers it would have been a Hardy tribute match.

But in all seriousness, could this card get any better? clap

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 15 Jun 2011, 9:42 pm

AberdeenSteve wrote:Gen Me just been announced to perform at Best In The World and it looks like they are taking on Cole and O'Reilly. Which I am very happy about as if they faced the Bravado Brothers it would have been a Hardy tribute match.

But in all seriousness, could this card get any better? clap

surprised Rodrick strong hasn't got a match so far

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 15 Jun 2011, 9:48 pm

He is currently wrestling in Japan mate, he is with Pro Wrestling NOAh and is booked to face the GHC JR Heavyweight champion Kotaro Suzuki on the night of Best In The World.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 15 Jun 2011, 9:53 pm

i think he suppose to be due back before the event according to one of the articles on the roh site

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 15 Jun 2011, 9:59 pm

Really? It says on the latest videowire that he is due to face the guy I mentioned above on the 26/6?

I don't really see any more matches being added to be honest.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 15 Jun 2011, 10:43 pm

AberdeenSteve wrote:Really? It says on the latest videowire that he is due to face the guy I mentioned above on the 26/6?

I don't really see any more matches being added to be honest.

it wouldn't be a bad thing if he's in japan , it's very good card anyway

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 17 Jun 2011, 9:45 am

Colt Cabana v “The Project” Tommaso Ciampa has been added to the card as of today.

Also, Nando.. Strong is definitely in Japan!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 17 Jun 2011, 12:42 pm

looks a promising card and my bad

also in interesting news

Former ROH World Tag Team Champions Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli were on hand for this week's WWE television tapings in New York and Rhode Island. Both worked out in the ring in front of officials before each show.

Castagnoli signed a developmental contract with WWE in November 2006 but was released a short while later for reasons that have yet to be publicly disclosed.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 17 Jun 2011, 4:55 pm

I hope they both get signed up, as both are fantastically talented guys but I just hope they don't go up as a Tag Team or possibly I am being massively negative and the WWE are actually going to re-establish their tag division.

I can always hope .. Whistle

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Tue 21 Jun 2011, 9:30 am

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/roh-contenders-tag-team-lottery/

ROH have announced that they are hosting a Tag Team Lottery event on the 8th of July to determine the #1 Contender for the Titles. The following teams will be participating

- Kings of Wrestling
- Briscoe Brothers
- American Wolves
- All Night Express
- Adam Cole & Kyle O’Reilly
- Bravado Brothers
- House of Truth
- The New Combination of Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander

If WGTT lose at 'Best In The World' then they'll swap with the team that beat them.

Looks a very interesting tournament.
Any thoughts?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:16 pm

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/day-1/

awesome promo from my favourite tag team in the business just now. They really deserve to have been given the opportunity at the top.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:44 pm

That list just shows how great the Tag Division is compared to anywhere else

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:55 pm

AberdeenSteve wrote:http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/day-1/

awesome promo from my favourite tag team in the business just now. They really deserve to have been given the opportunity at the top.

gotta love the Briscoe Brother's spitting the truth about pro wrestling and TNA haha OK

ROH got some balls for allowing a tag team with a redneck gimmick to cuss repeatedly and say some pretty provocative stuff about their closest rivals in a promo about taking ROH into a new chapter of the company as it has a new network deal LOL. clap

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 22 Jun 2011, 8:42 am

the-gaffer wrote:That list just shows how great the Tag Division is compared to anywhere else

Exactly mate, and in most circumstances the matches involving these guys are the best. If only the WWE would take a leaf out their book.

Talkingpoint, it's a cracking promo isn't it? Very risque but that is what I love about it. The Briscoe Brothers are fantastic and deserve all the credit they get. There matches recently with The All Night Express were fantastic.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 22 Jun 2011, 11:23 am

im going to have a guess at how it'll pan out

- Kings of Wrestling vs all night express - kow to win
- Briscoe Brothers vs bravado bro's - briscoes
- American Wolves vs house of truth - aw
- Adam Cole & Kyle O’Reilly vs The New Combination of Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander - cole and o'reilly

aw vs kow - aw
briscoes vs cole and o'reilly - briscoes

aw vs briscoes - briscoes just edging it

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next