The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Budget 2016.....

+13
Mad for Chelsea
Mind the windows Tino.
superflyweight
Adam D
McLaren
rIck_dAgless
ShahenshahG
Pr4wn
Hoonercat
Duty281
TopHat24/7
navyblueshorts
TRUSSMAN66
17 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Budget 2016..... - Page 4 Empty Budget 2016.....

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 16 Mar 2016, 12:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

OBR has revised down potential UK productivity growth.....

Nothing like a good start !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Budget 2016..... - Page 4 Empty Re: Budget 2016.....

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon 21 Mar 2016, 1:12 pm

Wasn't there a story coming from Nadine Dorries about how she was thinking about voting against the latest rounds of ESA cuts a few weeks ago, and IDS rang her up to convince her to vote for them? Quite an angry conversation from her accounts too. Like Pr4wn, I do find it hard to believe he's suddenly grown a conscience overnight.

Odd also the amount of Conservative MPs who appeared after his resignation to praise a man of principles, etc. standing up for what he believed in. You'd almost think none of them voted for all the previous brutal cuts either...

For whatever reason (probably the EU referendum which has given them a backbone if not a conscience) there does seem to be a lot more division in the Conservative party of late. Sunday trading rebellion, now this, and this morning a story that some of them are considering backing a Labour amendment about lesser VTA rates for solar panels.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 21 Mar 2016, 2:56 pm

Pr4wn wrote:So he was fine with the first round of brutal cuts (he actively supported them) but this second round was just a bridge too far? He's a worm. If he didn't support the first round of disability cuts he should have resigned back then.

All this is is an attempt to oust Osborne and eventually Cameron so that Johnson and his cronies can take over.
If you say so. As I said, I'm no knee-jerk IDS supporter, but I'd quite like to see some evidence of his supposed deliberate damaging of Gideon and his agenda re. the EU, rather than taking at face-value what other cabinet members are briefing that it's all got nothing to do with what IDS proclaims it to be. Why couldn't these proposals be too far in his opinion? Your reaction seems a little pre-conceived...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 21 Mar 2016, 2:58 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:Wasn't there a story coming from Nadine Dorries...
Laugh Quite.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Mon 21 Mar 2016, 3:09 pm

In regard to cuts to disability allowances, I feel half the people claiming could be completely cut and the legitimate should have theirs increased.
Get wound up looking at my tax and N.I contributions each month, when the other 3 lads on my street the same age as me di sweet F.A.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 21 Mar 2016, 3:22 pm

So the guy that cheered so fervently at the unveiling of all of the previous welfare cuts in parliament has had a sudden change of heart? Please don't tell me you're that gullible, Navy.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon 21 Mar 2016, 4:25 pm

Watching Gauke in the HoC would have been funny if it weren't so tragic. Even with some nice sympathetic questions set up by his fellow Conservative backbenchers his refusal to answer any of the questions and simply respond with "We're doing so much better than Labour did/are doing/will do" is well, a bit tired and predictable. Someone should tell the Conservatives they're the ones in power...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon 21 Mar 2016, 5:27 pm

Pr4wn wrote:So the guy that cheered so fervently at the unveiling of all of the previous welfare cuts in parliament has had a sudden change of heart? Please don't tell me you're that gullible, Navy.

To be fair, as far as I am aware IDS was cheering the raising of the living wage, rather than any welfare cuts. There is enough reason to dislike and disagree with the man's politics without that anyway.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4