The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

INDIAN WELLS: ISMS AND SCHISMS

2 posters

Go down

INDIAN WELLS: ISMS AND SCHISMS Empty INDIAN WELLS: ISMS AND SCHISMS

Post by MMT1 Mon 21 Mar 2016, 2:41 pm

What exactly is sexism?  Is it like art, where you know it when you see it, or does it require a fixed definition?  I'm a firm believer in the idea that words matter and definitions matter, the one without the other creates a murky waterway of innuendo and obligations, driving people to their battle stations, without any sense at all of what it is they're fighting for.  Political polarization has never been greater in this country:  whether your red, blue, purple or green, the telltale sign of your political orientation is the camp to which you report any time an issue comes up that brings it into relief.  The same could be said of the blogosphere when it comes to tennis.  The minute somebody says the word, "women", one is required to declare their position on their place in the game, as if that is something to be determined thereby.

But what happens when definitions are ill-defined?

Read the rest at The Tennis Column...http://tennis-column.blogspot.com/2016/03/indian-wells-isms-and-schisms.html
MMT1
MMT1

http://tennis-column.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

INDIAN WELLS: ISMS AND SCHISMS Empty Re: INDIAN WELLS: ISMS AND SCHISMS

Post by socal1976 Mon 21 Mar 2016, 5:13 pm

The women clearly are not the bigger draw and thus should be paid less. Especially, since the biggest draw in the women's game right now is suspended to PED. I have been to IW many times everytime the women's match follows the men unless it is Serena about 1/4 to 1/3 of the crowd just go to the outside courts. Or in my case the bar then the outside courts.

socal1976

Back to top Go down